cover over women

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    kenrch
    Participant

Gen 6:7 And the LORD said, I will “DESTROY MAN” whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them.

God repented from creating man. It was the daughters of men that tempted the angles. I will “destroy man..”

Scripture tells us Why Jehovah change His mind from “doing away” with man.

Gen 6:8 But Noah found favor in the eyes of Jehovah.

Gen 6:9 These are the generations of Noah: ” Noah was a just man and perfect in his generations,” and Noah walked with God.

*Noah and his family were the only pure humans left on earth.
    So everyone except Noah were “DESTROYED”, God destroyed everything flesh, spirit and soul of man.

Mat 10:28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to ” destroy both soul and body in hell”.

* Scriptures tells me that for three days and nights His body lay in the tomb.
    Mat 12:40 For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.
    *Scripture also tells me that during and right after those three days and three nights Jesus had “NOT” gone to heaven to meet with Our Father.
    Joh 20:17 Jesus saith unto her, ” Touch me not; for I am “NOT” not yet ascended to my Father” : but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.
    So during those three days and three nights Jesus (His Spirit) was on earth.
    Scripture tells me that Jesus preached to the Spirits that went into the daughters of men.
    1Pe 3:19 By which also he went and preached unto the “spirits in prison”;
    1Pe 3:20 Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of “God waited in the days of Noah,” while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

These “fallen angels that sinned” were cast down to hell to await judgement

2Pe 2:4 For if God spared not angels when they sinned, but cast them down to hell, and committed them to pits of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment;
    2Pe 2:5 and spared not the ancient world, but preserved Noah with seven others, a preacher of righteousness, when he brought a flood upon the world of the ungodly;

We know that afterward that the women were instructed to cover their head (1Cor.11:4-10). This places the woman under the man. So the man is her cover.
    1Co 11:10 for this cause ought the woman to have a sign of ” authority on her head, because of the angels”.

*Scripture tells me that during the time of Noah the women had “no” such cover.
    Gen 6:2 that the sons of God ” saw the daughters of men” that they were fair; and they took them wives of all that they chose. If the women have their cover then all the angels see is the authority of the man.
    1Co 11:3 But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.
    *When the fallen angels came into the daughters of men the temptation was “TOO GREAT”. They saw the the beauty of the women and not the authority of man as their cover.

*If angels today could not controll themselves WITHOUT the covering over the womens head. Then how could the fallen angels be guilty when the women did not have their heads covered. **Sort of like you and I We had no say so about the flesh we are in.

I'm saying that the angels that fell were at a disavantage compared to the angels now. If the women's head were covered would they have fallen? Remember God is no respecter of persons.

All of the angels were tempted with the same temptation from Satan. These angels have no excuse.
    If the women of Noah's time were covered than these angels, as Satan's angel's would have no excuse.
    But were the women of Noah's time covered. Again Genesis 6:2 states that the angels ” saw the daughters of men” They should have the same chance as the Angels of today. The angels of Noah's time are awaiting judgement just as we all are ( Heb 9:27).

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (kenrch @ June 30 2006,20:44)
    God repented from creating man. It was the daughters of men that tempted the angles. Scripture tells us Why Jehovah change His mind from “doing away” with man.

Mat 12:40  For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.
    *Scripture also tells me that during and right after those three days and three nights Jesus had “NOT” gone to heaven to meet with Our Father.
    Joh 20:17  Jesus saith unto her,  ” Touch me not; for I am “NOT” not yet ascended to my Father”  : but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.
    Scripture tells me that Jesus preached to the Spirits that went into the daughters of men.
    1Pe 3:20 Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of  “God waited in the days of Noah,”  while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

2Pe 2:4 For if God spared not angels when they sinned, but cast them down to hell, and committed them to pits of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment;
    2Pe 2:5 and spared not the ancient world, but preserved Noah with seven others, a preacher of righteousness, when he brought a flood upon the world of the ungodly;

We know that afterward that the women were instructed to cover their head (1Cor.11:4-10). This places the woman under the man.  So the man is her cover.
    1Co 11:10  for this cause ought the woman to have a sign of    ” authority on her head, because of the angels”.

Gen 6:2  that the sons of God ” saw the daughters of men”  that they were fair; and they took them wives of all that they chose.  If the women have their cover then all the angels see is the authority of the man.
    1Co 11:3  But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.
    *When the fallen angels came into the daughters of men the temptation was “TOO GREAT”. They saw the the beauty of the women and not the authority of man as their cover.

*If angels today could not controll themselves WITHOUT the covering over the womens head. Then how could the fallen angels be guilty when the women did not have their heads covered. **Sort of like you and I We had no say so about the flesh we are in.

I'm saying that the angels that fell were at a disavantage compared to the angels now. If the women's head were covered would they have fallen? Remember God is no respecter of persons.

All of the angels were tempted with the same temptation from Satan. These angels have no excuse.
    If  the women of Noah's time were covered than these angels, as Satan's angel's would have no excuse.
    But were the women of Noah's time covered.  Again Genesis 6:2 states that the angels ” saw the daughters of men”    They should have the same chance as the Angels of today. The angels of Noah's time are awaiting judgement just as we all are ( Heb 9:27).

Hi kenrch,
    You make some interesting points.
    But did the women deliberately tempt angels or did the angels decided to take advantage over their situation? It is not for us to judge the rights and wrongs of the situation. Does Satan tempt angels? Or did they fall into the same errors that he did and defied God?

Scripture does not say Jesus went and preached to the angels who went into women.

That is your interpretation for which you have yet to find any support here.

kenrch
    Participant

My question is what human spirits would that be?

Gen 6:7 And the LORD3068 said,559 I will “destroy4229” (853) man120 whom834 I have created1254 from4480, 5921 the face6440 of the earth;127 both man,4480, 120 and5704 beast,929 and5704 the creeping thing,7431 and5704 the fowls5775 of the air;8064 for3588 it repenteth5162 me that3588 I have made6213 them.

Destroy:

H4229
    מחה
    mâchâh
    maw-khaw'
    A primitive root; properly to stroke or rub; by implication “to erase”; also to smooth (as if with oil), that is, grease or make fat; also to touch, that is, reach to: – “Abolish, Blow Out, Destroy, Full of Marrow, Put Out, Reach Unto, X Utterly, Wipe (away,Out)”.

*Noah and his family were the only pure humans left on earth.
    So everyone except Noah were “DESTROYED”, God destroyed everything flesh, spirit and soul of man.
    The only other beings that survived the flood would be the fallen angels.
    The “TIME FRAME” is the days of Noah. All other beings were destroyed. Who are these spirits “while the ark was being made”? They are the fallen Angels or Noah and family. They were simply no one else there. Again ALL OTHERS during Noah's time were Destroyed by God.
    1Pe 3:19 in which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison, that aforetime were disobedient, when the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls, were saved through water:
    These spirits were in the days of Noah. No other “being” survived the flood.

————–
    It's not HOW MUCH GOD YOU HAVE It's HOW MUCH OF YOU DOES GOD HAVE
    ——————————————————————————–

kenrch
    Participant

If Jesus preached to the spirits during Noahs time. And they saw the women because the women heads “were not” covered. Unlike the angels of today do not see the daughters of men because their head is covered.

How do you know that Jesus wasn't preaching to the fallen Spirits, because of temption they fell because the women's head were uncovered.

Since then the women's head are covered so that the angels won't be tempted (1 Cor. 11:10).

I ask that you prove it wrong, Nick.

We know that afterward that the women were instructed to cover their head (1Cor.11:4-10). This places the woman under the man. So the man is her cover.
    1Co 11:10 for this cause ought the woman to have a sign of ” authority on her head, because of the angels”.

Gen 6:2 that the sons of God ” saw the daughters of men” that they were fair; and they took them wives of all that they chose. If the women have their cover then all the angels see is the authority of the man.
    1Co 11:3 But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.

If the women of Noah's time were covered than these angels, as Satan's angel's would have no excuse.
    But were the women of Noah's time covered. Again Genesis 6:2 states that the angels ” saw the daughters of men” They should have the same chance as the Angels of today. The angels of Noah's time are awaiting judgement just as we all are ( Heb 9:27).

kenrch
    Participant

Nick said:
    “Does Satan tempt angels? Or did they fall into the same errors that he did and defied God?”

Didn't Satan put the self god thought into one third of the angels? Satan IS THE AUTHOR of sin not the fallen angels.

The point is the one third of the angels were tempted with the same thing. The angels of Noahs time SAW the daughters because they were not covered. Angels since then don't see the beauty of the daughters of men because their head is covered (1 Cor. 11:10).

When Jesus preached to the spirits in prision “during Noah's time” What was the message? Neither you or anyone knows that.

Cubes
    Participant

ANOTHER PUZZLER

Gen 6:7 And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them.

Excerpts for GENESIS 6

vs 1 = …when ADAM began to multiply on the face of the earth…
    vs 2 =  the sons of God (ben `elohiym) saw the daughters of ADAM that they were fair…
    vs 3 =  And YHWH said, my spirit shall not always strive with ADAM, for that he also is FLESH…
    *vs 4 =  There were N@PHIL in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of ADAM, and they bare [children] to them, the SAME [became] GIBBOWR which [were] of old, `ENOWSH of renown.
    vs 5 = And GOD saw that the wickedness of ADAM [was] great in the earth, and [that] every imagination of the thoughts of his heart [was] only evil continually.
    vs 6 = And it repented the LORD that he had made ADAM on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.
    vs 7 = And the LORD said, I will destroy ADAM whom I have created from the face of the earth; both ADAM, and B@HEMAH, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them.  
    vs 8 = But Noah found grace in the eyes of the LORD.  
    vs 11-12 = The earth also was corrupt before God, and the earth was filled with violence.
    And God looked upon the earth, and, behold, it was corrupt; for all flesh (BASAR) had corrupted his way upon the earth.
    vs 13 = And God said unto Noah, The end of all flesh (BASAR) is come before me; for the earth is filled with violence through them; and, behold, I will destroy them with the earth.
    vs 17 =  And, behold, I, even I, do bring a flood of waters upon the earth, to destroy BASAR, wherein [is] THE BREATH OF LIFE, FROM UNDER HEAVEN; [and] EVERYTHING THAT IS IN THE EARTH SHALL DIE.  
    vs 18-19 = But with thee will I establish my covenant; and thou shalt come into the ark, thou, and thy sons, and thy wife, and thy sons' wives with thee.
    And of EVERY LIVING THING OF ALL FLESH (BASAR), two of every [sort] shalt thou bring into the ark, to keep [them] alive with thee; they shall be male and female.

The above mentions the massive and total destruction of all ADAM (with the exception of the Noahs) and all wildlife: ALL FLESH that had the BREATH OF LIFE in it under heaven:  except for the two of every kind, male and female, that were to board the ark with Noah.  N@PHILS were not included on the list.  What does that mean?  They were not flesh?  Or were they set for destruction entirely?  But noticed that God saved two of every kind of thing he destroyed and 8 ADAM.  

• I am not a Hebrew scholar nor have I time at this instance to research this further, but I note that God's destruction was aimed at ADAM and ALL FLESH which included the B@HEMAH, beasts, but not necessarily N@PHIL.
  • he makes it a point to identify and separate the ben `elohiym (sons of God) from ADAM.
  • he identifies the N@PHIL not as ADAM or ben `elohiym but as N@PHIL and they are not included in the list of EVERY LIVING THING OF ALL FLESH when GOD tells Noah to put two of a kind (male and female) on the ark.  Since God was saving samples of all flesh, should these not have been included if they were in fact flesh?  if they were flesh, then they would have had to be included and that could also explain their post flood survival.  If they were not considered flesh with the breath of life (cos they were hybrids), then chances are they are the spirit prisoners.

I must point out that `ENOWSH appears to be another name for Men, but why not just call them ADAM since that was the common reference to man/men in this passage.  It calls for further research on `enowsh which I am unable to tend to right now.

I welcome corrections and/or further insights that would help us along here.  

Blessings

Genesis 6:19 And of every living thing of all flesh, two of every [sort] shalt thou bring into the ark, to keep [them] alive with thee; they shall be male and female.  Of fowls after their kind, and of cattle after their kind, of every creeping thing of the earth after his kind, two of every [sort] shall come unto thee, to keep [them] alive.

kenrch
Participant

Quote (Cubes @ July 06 2006,15:27)
ANOTHER PUZZLER

Gen 6:7 And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them.

Excerpts for GENESIS 6

vs 1 = …when ADAM began to multiply on the face of the earth…
vs 2 =  the sons of God (ben `elohiym) saw the daughters of ADAM that they were fair…
vs 3 =  And YHWH said, my spirit shall not always strive with ADAM, for that he also is FLESH…
*vs 4 =  There were N@PHIL in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of ADAM, and they bare [children] to them, the SAME [became] GIBBOWR which [were] of old, `ENOWSH of renown.
vs 5 = And GOD saw that the wickedness of ADAM [was] great in the earth, and [that] every imagination of the thoughts of his heart [was] only evil continually.
vs 6 = And it repented the LORD that he had made ADAM on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.
vs 7 = And the LORD said, I will destroy ADAM whom I have created from the face of the earth; both ADAM, and B@HEMAH, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them.  
vs 8 = But Noah found grace in the eyes of the LORD.  
vs 11-12 = The earth also was corrupt before God, and the earth was filled with violence.
And God looked upon the earth, and, behold, it was corrupt; for all flesh (BASAR) had corrupted his way upon the earth.
vs 13 = And God said unto Noah, The end of all flesh (BASAR) is come before me; for the earth is filled with violence through them; and, behold, I will destroy them with the earth.
vs 17 =  And, behold, I, even I, do bring a flood of waters upon the earth, to destroy BASAR, wherein [is] THE BREATH OF LIFE, FROM UNDER HEAVEN; [and] EVERYTHING THAT IS IN THE EARTH SHALL DIE.  
vs 18-19 = But with thee will I establish my covenant; and thou shalt come into the ark, thou, and thy sons, and thy wife, and thy sons' wives with thee.
And of EVERY LIVING THING OF ALL FLESH (BASAR), two of every [sort] shalt thou bring into the ark, to keep [them] alive with thee; they shall be male and female.

The above mentions the massive and total destruction of all ADAM (with the exception of the Noahs) and all wildlife: ALL FLESH that had the BREATH OF LIFE in it under heaven:  except for the two of every kind, male and female, that were to board the ark with Noah.  N@PHILS were not included on the list.  What does that mean?  They were not flesh?  Or were they set for destruction entirely?  But noticed that God saved two of every kind of thing he destroyed and 8 ADAM.  

• I am not a Hebrew scholar nor have I time at this instance to research this further, but I note that God's destruction was aimed at ADAM and ALL FLESH which included the B@HEMAH, beasts, but not necessarily N@PHIL.
  • he makes it a point to identify and separate the ben `elohiym (sons of God) from ADAM.
  • he identifies the N@PHIL not as ADAM or ben `elohiym but as N@PHIL and they are not included in the list of EVERY LIVING THING OF ALL FLESH when GOD tells Noah to put two of a kind (male and female) on the ark.  Since God was saving samples of all flesh, should these not have been included if they were in fact flesh?  if they were flesh, then they would have had to be included and that could also explain their post flood survival.  If they were not considered flesh with the breath of life (cos they were hybrids), then chances are they are the spirit prisoners.

I must point out that `ENOWSH appears to be another name for Men, but why not just call them ADAM since that was the common reference to man/men in this passage.  It calls for further research on `enowsh which I am unable to tend to right now.

I welcome corrections and/or further insights that would help us along here.  

Blessings

Genesis 6:19 And of every living thing of all flesh, two of every [sort] shalt thou bring into the ark, to keep [them] alive with thee; they shall be male and female.  Of fowls after their kind, and of cattle after their kind, of every creeping thing of the earth after his kind, two of every [sort] shall come unto thee, to keep [them] alive.

• Cubes are you saying that when Noah put two of every animal in the ark he included the Nephilim?
    Why would He do that the purpose of the flood was to get rid of the Nephilims.
    Again my question is who are the spirits in 1 Peter during Noah's time? Everything was “destroyed” except Noah and his family. How can these spirits be spirits of humans when all things were “destroyed”:

H4229
    מחה
    mâchâh
    maw-khaw'
    A primitive root; properly to stroke or rub; by implication “to erase”; also to smooth (as if with oil), that is, grease or make fat; also to touch, that is, reach to: – “abolish, blot out, destroy, full of marrow, put out, reach unto, X utterly, wipe (away, out)”.

1Pe 3:19-20 in which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison, that aforetime were disobedient, when the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls, were saved through water:
    There is no doubt that these spirits were during Noah's time.
    All flesh and the Nephilim were destroyed, wiped out, erased, body soul and spirit were destroyed!
    So I ask Who were the spirits that Jesus preached to “that aforetime were disobedient, when the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls, were saved through water”:

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 30 2006,21:05)

Quote (kenrch @ June 30 2006,20:44)
    God repented from creating man. It was the daughters of men that tempted the angles. Scripture tells us Why Jehovah change His mind from “doing away” with man.

Mat 12:40  For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.
    Joh 20:17  Jesus saith unto her,  ” Touch me not; for I am “NOT” not yet ascended to my Father”  : but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.
    1Pe 3:20 Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of  “God waited in the days of Noah,”  while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

We know that afterward that the women were instructed to cover their head (1Cor.11:4-10). This places the woman under the man.  So the man is her cover.
    1Co 11:10  for this cause ought the woman to have a sign of    ” authority on her head, because of the angels”.

Gen 6:2  that the sons of God ” saw the daughters of men”  that they were fair; and they took them wives of all that they chose.  If the women have their cover then all the angels see is the authority of the man.
    1Co 11:3  But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.

If  the women of Noah's time were covered than these angels, as Satan's angel's would have no excuse.
    But were the women of Noah's time covered.  Again Genesis 6:2 states that the angels ” saw the daughters of men”    They should have the same chance as the Angels of today. The angels of Noah's time are awaiting judgement just as we all are ( Heb 9:27).

Hi kenrch,
    You make some interesting points.
    But did the women deliberately tempt angels or did the angels decided to take advantage over their situation? It is not for us to judge the rights and wrongs of the situation. Does Satan tempt angels? Or did they fall into the same errors that he did and defied God?

Scripture does not say Jesus went and preached to the angels who went into women.

That is your interpretation for which you have yet to find any support here.

Nick you are going to be in for a big surprise. There won't be any elections in heaven. The majority won't matter. In fact Jesus said that wide is the gate to destruction and narrow in the path to life and FEW are they that find it. So according to Jesus the majority is wrong.

If you can prove it wrong then do so! I wish somebody would!

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi kenrch,
    Where does it say Satan is the author of sin?
    Where does it say he put thoughts into angels?
    Why should we judge if angels sinned or not? God did make that judgement.
    Where does it say God brought the flood to destroy the nephilim?

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 06 2006,22:39)
    Hi kenrch,
    Where does it say Satan is the author of sin?
    Where does it say he put thoughts into angels?
    Why should we judge if angels sinned or not? God did make that judgement.
    Where does it say God brought the flood to destroy the nephilim?

Nevermind Nick.  How does Satan tempt you.  Or does he dare try.  Nevermind.
    One of them is the author of sin :D
    I'm sorry I thought you thought and said that the Nephilim were children of angels and women. Yeah aren't you the one that brought out the book of Enoch? ???

You are right about that God flooded the earth to destroy everytning. Nothing was left except Noah, family and animals :)

Cubes
    Participant

Hi Ken:

I should have posted the above in the original Nephilim thread. So can we transfer the conversation back there. I shall paste my post from yesterday there and respond to yours if I can.

Mercy
    Participant

I think that Paul wanted women to have a covering as a sing of authority because the fallen angels that left their first estate and are now in gloomy chains of darkness in the abyss are going to be released. (Rev. 9) Paul lived like the tribulation was coming quickly as should we.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Thanks for your post Mercy.

I haven't come across this explanation before.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
    or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account