Covenants

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 521 through 540 (of 555 total)
  • Author
    kerwin
    Participant

Nick Hassan wrote:

So God has servants who are later covenanted?

The sure appears to be what scripture tells us.

Nick Hassan wrote:

So how does being finely tuned in knowledge bring us into the covenant?

A true servant of God once finely tuned in knowledge will obey all of Jesus’ teachings.

Nick Hassan wrote:

He was already fervent in the Spirit.

He was, but he was not yet reborn in the Spirit as shown by the example in Acts that involves John the Baptist’s other disciples.  That only happens when one is immersed in water in obedience to Jesus’ teachings.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    I rather believe nobody understands anything much till they see the command to repent and be baptised and then obeys it.

Jn3
    3Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

4Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?

5Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

Thence the Spirit teaches and sanctifies if we continue to cooperate.
    2 Thessalonians 2:13
    But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

1 Peter 1:2
    Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

Cindy
    Participant

kerwin   You my Friend need to check out what the Scriptures says literal. You seem to never agree much with others and your posts are Laodiceans.
    Mine is from God in Ephesians 2:9` and that is not a rephrasing, it is a statement from God. What makes me rather sad that you are so luck-warm. Never encouraging, at least I have not seen it, so My dear Laodicean friend.
    Praise the Lord in Spirit and in Truth.
    I have come out of Her my People what Jesus tells us in Rev.
    One more thing, even though we are under grace I never said that it gives us a reason to sin, Christ has made the Law Spiritual and it is written in my Heart. Never easy. He is our Mediator to God.
    Love Irene

kerwin
    Participant

Cindy wrote:

Mine is from God in Ephesians 2:9` and that is not a rephrasing, it is a statement from God. What makes me rather sad that you are so lukewarm.

I am sorry I complimented you for something Paul did though what I quoted was a combination of your own words and Paul’s, mostly yours. It is considered a sound literary practice to give credit to words you cite from others. In this case I believe quotes would have been sufficient. I understand that people make mistakes. Why you think that one person complimenting another makes the first lukewarm for God I have no idea.

Cindy wrote:

One more thing, even though we are under grace I never said that it gives us a reason to sin, Christ has made the Law Spiritual and it is written in my Heart. Never easy. He is our Mediator to God.[/quote]

That is why I complimented you for rephrasing what Jesus said.

kerwin
    Participant

I edited this post in hopes of making it more readable.

Cindy wrote:

Mine is from God in Ephesians 2:9` and that is not a rephrasing, it is a statement from God. What makes me rather sad that you are so lukewarm.

I am sorry I complimented you for something Paul did though what I quoted was a combination of your own words and Paul’s, mostly yours.  It is considered a sound literary practice to give credit to words you cite from others.  In this case I believe quotes would have been sufficient. I understand that people make mistakes.  Why you think that one person complimenting another makes the first lukewarm for God I have no idea.

Cindy wrote:

One more thing, even though we are under grace I never said that it gives us a reason to sin, Christ has made the Law Spiritual and it is written in my Heart. Never easy. He is our Mediator to God.

That is why I complimented you for rephrasing what Jesus said.

Cindy
    Participant

kerwin  I sometimes have problem understanding what people mean if they do not directly come out and say so. I like a direct responds and not going around the bush. If you want to give someone a compliment do so.
    By saying rephrasing what Jesus said, is a compliment to someone other then He? I wonder how many understand that.

Irene

Cindy
    Participant

Wow I put this up before, so here we are again.
    Please realize that all post's here as IM4Trugh are mine.
    Peace and Love Irene

Cindy
    Participant

I give up. I am 70 years old and getting to old for all this debating. My mind just does not want to work anymore. cant grasp things, like I did before when I was younger. Oh, well. Been there done all and now its time to rest.
    Good-bye to my Covenant Tread. Loved you and vainity will never survive.
    :blues: :blues: :blues:

Cindy
    Participant

But I did survive and here I am.
    Bump :) :) :)

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Cindy @ Mar. 10 2009,06:45)
    But I did survive and here I am.
    Bump :)  :)  :)

Nice to know.

Cindy
    Participant

The first covenant that God made was with Noah

Gen. 6:17 “And behold, I Myself and bringing the flood of waters on the earth, to destroy from under heaven all flesh in which is the breath of life; and everything that is on the earth shall die.”
    verse 18 “But I will establish My covenant with you; and you will go into the ark–you, your sons, your wife,and your son's wives with you.

Then He made a Covenant with Abraham, promising Him to multiply Him exceedingly.

Gen. 17:2 ” And I will make My covenant between Me and you,and will multiply you exceedingly.”
    verse 4 “As for Me, behold, My covenant is with you, and you shall be a father of many nations.”

There are many more scriptures that speak of God making a covenant with Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.
    But the covenant that we refer to as the Old covenant that was given to Moses in

Exodus 24:12 Then the LORD said to Mose, come up to Me on the mountain and be there; and I will give you Tablets of stones, and the law and commandments which I have written that you may teach them.”

Exodus 31:16 “Therefore the children of Israel shall keep the Sabbath, to observe the Sabbath throughout their generations as a perpetual covenant.”

This shows that the Sabbath was made with the Israelites as a covenant, Period…
    verse 17 “It is a sign between Me and the children of Israel forever;…”

Exodus 32:15 “And Moses turned and went down from the mountain,and the two tablets of the Testimony were in His Hand. The tablets were written on both sides; on the one side and on the other they were written.”

Notice that the tablets were written on both sides. They not only contained the Ten Commandments but the law as well.

Exodus 34:27 “Then the LORD said to Moses, write these words, for according to the tenor of these word I have made a covenant with you and with Israel.”
    verse 28 “So he was there with the LORD forty days days and forty nights; he neither ate bread nor drank water. And He wrote on the tablets the WORDS OF THE COVENANT, the TEN COMMANDMENTS.”

And now we come to the NEW COVENANT

Luke 22:20 “likewise He also took the cup after super, saying, THIS CUP IS THE NEW COVENANT IN MY BLOOD,WHICH IS SHED FOR YOU.”

This Jesus did the night before He died,the next day He sealed His new covenant with HIS BLOOD.
    Jesus became our High Priest and Mediator;
    Hebrews 7:12 “For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law.”

This is what Paul says about what happened to the Old covenant;
    Colossians 2:14 “Having wiped out the handwriting of requirements that was against us, which was contrary to us. And He has taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross.”

Romans 3:28 ” Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith apart from the deeds of the Law.”

Romans 6:14 ” For sin shall not have dominion over you, for you are not under law but under grace.”

Paul understood that the new covenant would be difficult to understand, He explained in;
    Romans 14:1 “Receive one who is weak in the faith, but not to disputes over doubtful things.”
    verse 2 for one believes He may eat all things, but he who is weak eat only vegetable.”
    verse 3 let not him who eats despise him who does not eat, and let not him who does not eat judge him who eats; for God has received him.”
    verse 5 “One person esteems one day above another; another esteems every day alike. Let each be fully convinced in his own mind.”
    verse 6 “He who observes the day,observes it to the Lord; and who does not observe the day, to the Lord he does not observe it. He who eats, eats to the Lord, for he gives God thanks; and he who does not eat, to the Lord he does not eat, and gives God thanks.”

Galatians 2:16 “Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the Law but by faith in Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Christ Jesus, that we might be justified by faith in Christ and not by the works of the law; for by the works of the law no flesh shall be justified.”
    verse 21 ” I do not set aside the grace of God; for if righteousness comes through the law, then Christ died in vain.”

Galatians 3:24 “Therefore the law was our tutor to bring us to Christ, that we might be justified by faith.”
    verse 26 “For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus.”

Galatians 5:18 “But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.”

Ephesians 2:8 “For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the Gift of God.”
    verse 9 ” Not of works, lest anyone should boast.”
    verse 15 “Having abolished in His flesh the enmity, that is, the law of commandment contained in ordinances, so as to create in Himself one new man from the two, thus making peace.”

Philippians 3:9 “And we found in Him, not having my own righteousness, which is from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which is from God by Faith.

Peace with you all
    ——————————————————————————–

Report this post to a moderator

Nick Hassan

Group: Regular Members

——————————————————————————–
    Hi and thanks IM4,
    Good work.
    Of course to be partakers of the new covenant you must come to Jesus to be reborn from above.
    The blood of the sacrificial lamb must wash us inwardly, cleansed with the forgiveness of God.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Georg,
    You say
    “Notice that the tablets were written on both sides. They not only contained the Ten Commandments but the law as well.”

Does scripture say what was on the back of the tablets?
    If not then how can you?

Cindy
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 22 2009,06:16)
    Hi Georg,
    You say
    “Notice that the tablets were written on both sides. They not only contained the Ten Commandments but the law as well.”

Does scripture say what was on the back of the tablets?
    If not then how can you?

Nick First it is not Georg that wrote this Article. Then yes
    Exodus 32;15 on both sides of the tablets. Two Tablets.
    Irene

Cindy
    Participant

Nick I find it so interesting that you first challenge me and when I answer you, you ignore all.
    Irene      :( :(

kerwin
    Participant

Cindy(Irene) wrote:

yes
    Exodus 32;15 on both sides of the tablets.

Do you believe the Ten Commandments are separate from the Law or part of the Law?

Cindy
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Mar. 22 2009,22:14)
    Cindy(Irene) wrote:

yes
    Exodus 32;15 on both sides of the tablets.

Do you believe the Ten Commandments are separate from the Law or part of the Law?

I believe that the 10 Comandments have been magnified by Christ while all other have been nailed to the cross. They laws were for the Jewish people.
    Peace and Love Irene

kerwin
    Participant

Cindy(Irene)

I believe that the 10 Commandments have been magnified by Christ while all other have been nailed to the cross. They laws were for the Jewish people.
    Peace and Love Irene

The 10 Commandments and other commandments are part of the Law given at Mt. Sinai about which is written:

Leviticus 27:34(NIV) reads

These are the commands the LORD gave Moses on Mount Sinai for the Israelites.

I see no evidence that they were meant to be separated as you propose.  Do you have any evidence to back up your conclusion?

I will give you this and that is that Jesus taught that love your neighbor as yourself is the sum of the law and that command would cover the seven Laws of Noah which are included in the Ten Commandments though they also go beyond in prohibiting sexual crimes such as homosexually, incest, bestiality, and others as well as the requirement to have just laws.

Here is what Wikipedia states about the seven Laws of Noah that were and still are “binding” on the Gentiles as well as the Jews.

Wikipedia entry of Seven Laws of Noah reads

The seven laws listed by the Tosefta and the Talmud are
    1 Prohibition of Idolatry: You shall not have any idols before God.
    2 Prohibition of Murder: You shall not murder. (Genesis 9:6)
    3 Prohibition of Theft: You shall not steal.
    4 Prohibition of Sexual Promiscuity: You shall not commit any of a series of sexual prohibitions, which include adultery, incest, bestiality and male homosexual intercourse.
    5 Prohibition of Blasphemy: You shall not blaspheme God's name.
    6 Dietary Law: Do not eat flesh taken from an animal while it is still alive. (Genesis 9:4)
    7 Requirement to have just Laws: You shall set up an effective judiciary to enforce the preceding six laws fairly.

I placed “binding” in quotes because if you live by the Spirit then you will do what the laws of Noah requires and since laws are only made for lawbreakers they will not apply to you.

Cindy
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Mar. 22 2009,23:49)
    Cindy(Irene)

I believe that the 10 Commandments have been magnified by Christ while all other have been nailed to the cross. They laws were for the Jewish people.
    Peace and Love Irene

The 10 Commandments and other commandments are part of the Law given at Mt. Sinai about which is written:

I see no evidence that they were meant to be separated as you propose.  Do you have any evidence to back up your conclusion?

I will give you this and that is that Jesus taught that love your neighbor as yourself is the sum of the law and that command would cover the seven Laws of Noah which are included in the Ten Commandments though they also go beyond in prohibiting sexual crimes such as homosexually, incest, bestiality, and others as well as the requirement to have just laws.

Here is what Wikipedia states about the seven Laws of Noah that were and still are “binding” on the Gentiles as well as the Jews.

4 Prohibition of Sexual Promiscuity: You shall not commit any of a series of sexual prohibitions, which include adultery, incest, bestiality and male homosexual intercourse.
    6 Dietary Law: Do not eat flesh taken from an animal while it is still alive. (Genesis 9:4)
    7 Requirement to have just Laws: You shall set up an effective judiciary to enforce the preceding six laws fairly.

I placed “binding” in quotes because if you live by the Spirit then you will do what the laws of Noah requires and since laws are only made for lawbreakers they will not apply to you.

The Sacrificial Law and all except the 10 Commandments which were magnified by Christ were commanded by the Jewish people, as a perpetual command.
    Exodus 34:27
    Deut. 4:13
    We are under the Blood of Christ now and grace, by Faith in Christ salvation is a free gift from God, so nobody can boast. Does that mean we are without a command. i do not think so. If we love God we do what Jesus taught us at the Sermon on the Mount. If you read the Covenant post I made it should also cover it.. God made diffrent Covenants with diffrent people.
    Peace and Love Irene

kerwin
    Participant

Cindy(Irene) wrote:

The Sacrificial Law and all except the 10 Commandments which were magnified by Christ were commanded by the Jewish people, as a perpetual command.

What do you mean by the word “magnified”?

What God is instructing Mosses to do in Exodus 34:27-28 is write down the commands He gave to Mosses on Mt. Sinai and to write them on to stone tablets and it certainly seems he is just speaking of the ten commandments as he specially states that in verse 28.  I doubt he had enough space to write the rest of the commands he received from God there but I am not sure he could have remembered them without recording them on other media or additional stone tablets that are just not mentioned here.

I find this part of verse 28 interesting since it seems to indicate that the Ten Commandments are all the words of the covenant and yet we know there were more.  I believe the false impression comes from the word use that is only specifying that Mosses write down some of the words of the covenant and not all of them.  You will notice the word “all” was not actually used.

Exodus 34:28(NIV) reads

… And he wrote on the tablets the words of the covenant—the Ten Commandments.

Where do you get the idea that the Ten Commandments were a perpetual command even to the Jews?

Cindy(Irene) wrote:

God made different Covenants with different people.

I agree which is why the Laws of Noah are for all people whether Jews or Gentiles since all people whether Jews or Gentiles are descended from Noah.

This brings to mind a perhaps off topic look at history in which I was doing some research on Egyptian deities last night and found that they have one that is probably God and that an attempt was made to establish his worship among the Egyptian people though that attempt failed.  The name of that deity is Aten and the pharaoh who attempted to establish his worship is referred to as the heretic king.   I have my suspicions that Joseph of the coat of many colors could have had some effect on him since the dates are similar.

Cindy(Irene) wrote:

We are under the Blood of Christ now and grace, by Faith in Christ salvation is a free gift from God, so nobody can boast.

All through time the people of God have been called to God by God’s grace and the righteous have lived by faith and thus the gift of salvation has always been a free gift from God.  Are you saying Jesus died for nothing?  I beg to differ as Jesus died that we may receive the gift of the Holy Spirit that those who walk by it may no longer sin for if you are truly filled with God’s love for yourself and others you will not sin.

Cindy
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Mar. 22 2009,23:49)
    Cindy(Irene)

Peace and Love Irene

Dont you realize that there are 2 tablets of the Law that God gave to Moses at Mt. Sinai. Lets see maybe I want to ask you which are the Sacrificial ? Are we still obeying them? Do you even know which they are? We are not under the Old Covenant any more. We are under the New Covenant.
    Luke 22:20 ……this cup is the New covenant in My Blood, We do not need to use those that Moses and the Israel kept. There are two tablets. Christ is our perfect Sacrifiies, so we do not need any Sacrifcial laws. They are nailed to the cross. Do a study on Covenants and you will see.
    You are so wrong when you say that we are still bound under those laws.
    Ephesians 2:8 For by grace we are saved through Faith and that not of yourselves it is a free gift from God.
    verse 9 not of works lest anybody should boast.
    Peace and Love Irene

Viewing 20 posts - 521 through 540 (of 555 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account