Covenants

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 441 through 460 (of 555 total)
  • Author

Quote (IM4Truth @ July 29 2007,21:30)
    To all    
    It says in Galatians 2: 16 ” knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the Law but by faith in Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Christ Jesus, that we might be justified by in Christ and not by the works of the law; for by the works of the law no flesh will be justified.
    verse 17 ” But if while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is Christ therefore a minister of sin/ Certainly not!
    verse 18 ” For if I built again those things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor.
    verse 19 ” For I thought that the law died to the law that I might live to God.
    verse 20 ” I have been crucified with Christ' it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me, and the life
    which I now life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loves me and gave Himself for me.
    verse 21 ” I do not set  aside the grace of God ; for if righteousness comes through the law then Christ died in Vain.'
    Question  What law was Paul talking about in these verses and in the rest of Galatians.
    In Galatians 5:4 You have become estranged from Christ , you who attempt to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.
    Is that only talking of circumcision and sacrificial Law?
    Peace Mrs.IM4Truth

Important
    Love Irene.
    It is getting late I will go over all again. and made sure I did not miss anything..  Love Irene

It is Sunday night 9:25 P.M. nobody has said anything or even looked at this. So I guess there is no interest in it. Oh, well.
    Peace and Love Mrs.

Hello!  I thought I would bring this up and see what some of our new members understanding about this very important doctrine is. Notice that I was Mrs.IM4Truth then.

Group: Regular Members

——————————————————————————–
    Hello this is from Mrs. IM4Truth!

The first covenant that God made was with Noah

Gen. 6:17 “And behold, I Myself and bringing the flood of waters on the earth, to destroy from under heaven all flesh in which is the breath of life; and everything that is on the earth shall die.”
    verse 18  “But I will establish My covenant with you; and you will go into the ark–you, your sons, your wife,and your son's wives with you.

Then He made a Covenant with Abraham, promising Him to multiply Him exceedingly.

Gen. 17:2 ” And I will make My covenant between Me and you,and will multiply you exceedingly.”
    verse 4 “As for Me, behold, My covenant is with you, and you shall be a father of many nations.”

There are many more scriptures that speak of God making a covenant with Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.
    But the covenant that we refer to as the Old covenant that was given to Moses in

Exodus 24:12 Then the LORD said to Mose, come up to Me on the mountain and be there; and I will give you Tablets of stones, and the law and commandments which I have written that you may teach them.”

Exodus 31:16  “Therefore the children of Israel shall keep the Sabbath, to observe the Sabbath throughout their generations as a perpetual covenant.”

This shows that the Sabbath was made with the Israelites as a covenant, Period…
    verse 17 “It is a sign between Me and the children of Israel forever;…”

Exodus 32:15  “And Moses turned and went down from the mountain,and the two tablets of the Testimony were in His Hand.  The tablets were written on both sides; on the one side and on the other they were written.”

Notice that the tablets were written on both sides. They not only contained the Ten Commandments but the law as well.

Exodus 34:27  “Then the LORD said to Moses, write these words, for according to the tenor of these word I have made a covenant with you and with Israel.”
    verse 28 “So he was there with the LORD forty days days and forty nights; he neither ate bread nor drank water. And He wrote on the tablets the WORDS OF THE COVENANT, the TEN COMMANDMENTS.”

And now we come to the NEW COVENANT

Luke 22:20 “likewise He also took the cup after super, saying, THIS CUP IS THE NEW COVENANT IN MY BLOOD,WHICH IS SHED FOR YOU.”

This Jesus did the night before He died,the next day He sealed His new covenant with HIS BLOOD.
    Jesus became our High Priest and Mediator;
    Hebrews 7:12  “For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law.”

This is what Paul says about what happened to the Old covenant;
    Colossians 2:14 “Having wiped out the handwriting of requirements that was against us, which was contrary to us. And He has taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross.”

Romans 3:28 ” Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith apart from the deeds of the Law.”

Romans 6:14 ” For sin shall not have dominion over you, for you are not under law but under grace.”

Paul understood that the new covenant would be difficult to understand, He explained in;
    Romans 14:1 “Receive one who is weak in the faith, but not to disputes over doubtful things.”
    verse 2 for one believes He may eat all things, but he who is weak eat only vegetable.”
    verse 3 let not him who eats despise him who does not eat, and let not him who does not eat judge him who eats; for God has received him.”
    verse 5 “One person esteems one day above another; another esteems every day alike. Let each be fully convinced in his own mind.”
    verse 6 “He who observes the day,observes it to the Lord; and who does not observe the day, to the Lord he does not observe it. He who eats, eats to the Lord, for he gives God thanks; and he who does not eat, to the Lord he does not eat, and gives God thanks.”

Galatians 2:16 “Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the Law but by faith in Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Christ Jesus, that we might be justified by faith in Christ and not by the works of the law; for by the works of the law no flesh shall be justified.”
    verse 21 ” I do not set aside the grace of God; for if righteousness comes through the law, then Christ died in vain.”

Galatians 3:24 “Therefore the law was our tutor to bring us to Christ, that we might be justified by faith.”
    verse 26 “For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus.”

Galatians 5:18 “But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.”

Ephesians 2:8 “For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the Gift of God.”
    verse 9 ” Not of works, lest anyone should boast.”
    verse 15 “Having abolished in His flesh the enmity, that is, the law of commandment contained in ordinances, so as to create in Himself one new man from the two, thus making peace.”

Philippians 3:9 “And we found in Him, not having my own righteousness, which is from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which is from God by Faith.

Peace with you all  

——————————————————————————–
    The only thing I did not mention was that we should get Baptized and receive the Holy Spirit.
    Peace and Love Mrs.

bump

gollamudi
    Participant

Hi Seek, are you there?

Quote (gollamudi @ June 05 2008,05:17)
    Hi Seek, are you there?

Yes, this is my post, when my users name was IA4Truth. Why I lost it is still a mystery to me, but I had to start all over. So I became seek and you will find. But I am the same person.
    Please I hope that you will give me an opinion on my Post.
    Peace and Love Mrs.

gollamudi
    Participant

I do appreciate your concern for us in this forum. But why you have not included the Baptism portion?

Quote (gollamudi @ June 05 2008,06:11)
    I do appreciate your concern for us in this forum. But why you have not included the Baptism portion?

When I made the Post, I made it on the Covenant. But if you read the first Post Nixk Post next and said that we should also be Baptized, which of course I agree on that. So I added it this time under the Post.
    Peace and Love Mrs.

Not3in1
    Participant

Good post Irene.  After a quick look, I can't disagree with anything – good basic stuff.
    Love, Mandy

Quote (Not3in1 @ June 05 2008,06:42)
    Good post Irene.  After a quick look, I can't disagree with anything – good basic stuff.
    Love, Mandy

Thank you Mandy. It is a very important understanding and some will not agree with me. Especially those that believe in keepimg the Sabbath. I really hope some of those members would repond.
    Peace and Love Irene

Today is the Sabbath Day and I was wondering if there are any Sabbath Keepers among us? To those I say have a nice Sabbath.
    Peace and Love Mrs.
    :D :D :D

Irene
    Participant

I thought I would bring this up again. We have so many new Members, I would like to see their opinion
    Peace and Love Mrs.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Some prefer the law, even though it was never given to us.
    They should consider this.
    Heb11
    37They were stoned, they were sawn asunder, were tempted, were slain with the sword: they wandered about in sheepskins and goatskins; being destitute, afflicted, tormented;

38(Of whom the world was not worthy:) they wandered in deserts, and in mountains, and in dens and caves of the earth.

39And these all, having obtained a good report through faith, received not the promise:

40God having provided some better thing for us, that they without us should not be made perfect.

Irene
    Participant

Akara Here it is.
    Peace and Love Irene

Tiffany
    Participant

If you start on page one, it lists all the Covenants.
    Irene

Tiffany
    Participant

My Husband Georg started that tread in 2007 and our users name was IM4Truth. Since then I had two other names. Seek and you will find, and my name Irene. Now it is under our Granddaughters name Tiffany.
    I am having a really good dialog with an old member who was disfellowshipped. I have gone over this again and I somehow think that He might had something, that we should all keep the Sabbath. We did for over 19 years and I tell you those years were happy days, looking back. Sometimes looking back lets you see how much you have grown, or not, which ever the case.
    Peace and Love Irene
    Peace and Love Irene

Tiffany
    Participant

Is there anybody around that keeps the Sabbath? It was a Covenant that God made with Israel. I also believe rhat in the Millinium we might keep the Sabbath again. We also will keep the Feast of Tabernacle, whether we keep all other Feasts is a question for me. Anybody want to debate this with me?
    Peace and LOve Irene

Tiffany
    Participant

I have been around a long time like so many, and I was surprised how far back this Covenant tread was. I find it to be very important. God has made many Covenants with His People. We are under grace. Luke 22:20 is the New Covenant.
    Peace and Love Irene :D :D :D

Tiffany
    Participant

So many do not seem to understand what the New Covenant is that God made with us. By Faith in Christ Jesus, it is a free gift from God, so no one can boast.
    Luke 22:20
    But Jesus also gave us the sermon on the mount where He states that many are called and few are chosen. The road to destruction is wide and many will follow on it. If you look around today many are exactly doing that.
    Peace and Love Irene

Tiffany
    Participant

bump

Viewing 20 posts - 441 through 460 (of 555 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account