Covenants

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 421 through 440 (of 555 total)
  • Author
    Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (kenrch @ Jan. 14 2008,03:08)
    Their are no absolute truths in the bible. The bible is not a college text book. It cannot be read as such you need the Spirit to understand the message for YOU!

This is profound. I will ponder this today, thanks Ken.

It sort of reminds me of the mirror that Harry Potter found….he saw what he was intended to see….what was the deepest desire of his heart. He saw his dead parents in the mirror.

Maybe Ken is absolutely right that there is no absolute truth found in the bible; meaning, ONE way for everyone. Maybe you do need special glasses to see the incriptions and codes? You need these glasses because the book is different for everyone who reads it, just like he said.

Man, this sounds like a great basis for sci-fi thriller! Or, Harry Potter-type movie. :;): On the other hand, it's just fantasy-fixed enough to be truth. But I'll need to find my glasses to know for sure. Now, where did I lay those decoding glasses?

Not3in1
    Participant

Back to a better subject…..the COVENANTS!

Sorry, on behalf of those of us who have hi-jacked this thread for a while. It happens.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,
    Are parables truth?
    Yes but not in the same way as are the descriptive passages.

bump

bump

To all those that are from Mr. Weinlands church. I hope you take a good look at what it says about the new Covenant. I do have a dialog with ken about it. He is and was a Sabbath Keeper. But after all is said and done we all agreed that the Covenant is Spiritual. Jesus fulfilled it and made it so on the sermon of the mount.

Peace and Love Mrs.

bump

This is bumped up for chosenone

Peace and Love Mrs.

P.S. I used to be IAM4Truth which my Husband started, lost that user's name and became seek and you will find.

Since Ken was so strict when it came to the Sabbath I have looked at this again. I have a question.
    Which of the law has Jesus Christ fulfilled. Was it all of the Law that God gave to Moses, or only the sacrificial Laws? Jesus was our perfect sacrifice, so what does that mean?

Math. 5:17 Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets, i did not come to destroy, but to fulfill.

verse 18 For assuredly, I say to you, til heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the Law til all is fulfilled

verse 19 ” Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of there commandments and teaches men so shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Does all of this mean that we are still bond under that law to keep the Sabbath or is what it says in Galatians the case.

Galatians 2:16 knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law but by faith in Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Christ Jesus that we might be justified by faith in Christ and not by the works of the law; for by the works of the law no flesh shall be justified.

Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal Life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Ephesians 2: 8 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and not of yourselves, it is the gift of God.

verse 9 not of works lest anyone should boast.

So here we have it. On one side eternal life is a free gift of GOD. And on the other side we are bond under the law to keep the Sabbath.

What do you think?

I found it and bringing it up again, because I want to study it again.

Not3in1
    Participant

So, what did you find out?
    :)

Nothing yet. I brought it up, because for some reason it comes to mind again and again. I was talking to Samuel on the Ventrilo Server and we were talkinfg about the Sabbath, so I thought I would bring it up again. I want to go over it again, but not tonight or morning anymore its to late or early.
    Love Irene

Not3in1
    Participant

There is a Sabbath thread if that is what you want to discuss.

If I remember correctly, it was a pretty good and active thread. Maybe you should bump that one? Just a thought.

I'm tired, too. Goodnight all.

Good night, Love Irene

I know what I am going to write here has nothing to do with the Covenants, but I would like to ask certain people what their beliefs are.
    I used to have a nice tread going with Charity for instant, and I had no idea what Her beliefs were. One day she got dark, that is how she put it, and shortly after that left. Now She is back and I really don't understand some of Her posts already. I know how kejonn feels, and Mandy and Stu. And others, but somehow She has never made clear to me, at least, what She believes. For that reason I do not know how to handle it. I would very much appreciate Charity if you would come on here and explain to me. Thank you and may God be with us all.
    Peace and Love Irene

Angie!

The first page explains how many Covenants God has made with His people. Then I go ito a dialog with Ken and it becomes rather hairy. But read between the lines and you will get the truth.
    Peace and Love Mrs.

Quote (IM4Truth @ July 17 2007,10:37)
    Hello this is from Mrs. IM4Truth!

The first covenant that God made was with Noah

Gen. 6:17 “And behold, I Myself and bringing the flood of waters on the earth, to destroy from under heaven all flesh in which is the breath of life; and everything that is on the earth shall die.”
    verse 18  “But I will establish My covenant with you; and you will go into the ark–you, your sons, your wife,and your son's wives with you.

Then He made a Covenant with Abraham, promising Him to multiply Him exceedingly.

Gen. 17:2 ” And I will make My covenant between Me and you,and will multiply you exceedingly.”
    verse 4 “As for Me, behold, My covenant is with you, and you shall be a father of many nations.”

There are many more scriptures that speak of God making a covenant with Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.
    But the covenant that we refer to as the Old covenant that was given to Moses in

Exodus 24:12 Then the LORD said to Mose, come up to Me on the mountain and be there; and I will give you Tablets of stones, and the law and commandments which I have written that you may teach them.”

Exodus 31:16  “Therefore the children of Israel shall keep the Sabbath, to observe the Sabbath throughout their generations as a perpetual covenant.”

This shows that the Sabbath was made with the Israelites as a covenant, Period…
    verse 17 “It is a sign between Me and the children of Israel forever;…”

Exodus 32:15  “And Moses turned and went down from the mountain,and the two tablets of the Testimony were in His Hand.  The tablets were written on both sides; on the one side and on the other they were written.”

Notice that the tablets were written on both sides. They not only contained the Ten Commandments but the law as well.

Exodus 34:27  “Then the LORD said to Moses, write these words, for according to the tenor of these word I have made a covenant with you and with Israel.”
    verse 28 “So he was there with the LORD forty days days and forty nights; he neither ate bread nor drank water. And He wrote on the tablets the WORDS OF THE COVENANT, the TEN COMMANDMENTS.”

And now we come to the NEW COVENANT

Luke 22:20 “likewise He also took the cup after super, saying, THIS CUP IS THE NEW COVENANT IN MY BLOOD,WHICH IS SHED FOR YOU.”

This Jesus did the night before He died,the next day He sealed His new covenant with HIS BLOOD.
    Jesus became our High Priest and Mediator;
    Hebrews 7:12  “For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law.”

This is what Paul says about what happened to the Old covenant;
    Colossians 2:14 “Having wiped out the handwriting of requirements that was against us, which was contrary to us. And He has taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross.”

Romans 3:28 ” Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith apart from the deeds of the Law.”

Romans 6:14 ” For sin shall not have dominion over you, for you are not under law but under grace.”

Paul understood that the new covenant would be difficult to understand, He explained in;
    Romans 14:1 “Receive one who is weak in the faith, but not to disputes over doubtful things.”
    verse 2 for one believes He may eat all things, but he who is weak eat only vegetable.”
    verse 3 let not him who eats despise him who does not eat, and let not him who does not eat judge him who eats; for God has received him.”
    verse 5 “One person esteems one day above another; another esteems every day alike. Let each be fully convinced in his own mind.”
    verse 6 “He who observes the day,observes it to the Lord; and who does not observe the day, to the Lord he does not observe it. He who eats, eats to the Lord, for he gives God thanks; and he who does not eat, to the Lord he does not eat, and gives God thanks.”

Galatians 2:16 “Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the Law but by faith in Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Christ Jesus, that we might be justified by faith in Christ and not by the works of the law; for by the works of the law no flesh shall be justified.”
    verse 21 ” I do not set aside the grace of God; for if righteousness comes through the law, then Christ died in vain.”

Galatians 3:24 “Therefore the law was our tutor to bring us to Christ, that we might be justified by faith.”
    verse 26 “For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus.”

Galatians 5:18 “But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.”

Ephesians 2:8 “For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the Gift of God.”
    verse 9 ” Not of works, lest anyone should boast.”
    verse 15 “Having abolished in His flesh the enmity, that is, the law of commandment contained in ordinances, so as to create in Himself one new man from the two, thus making peace.”

Philippians 3:9 “And we found in Him, not having my own righteousness, which is from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which is from God by Faith.

Peace with you all

This is my understanding. Love Irene

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 17 2007,10:44)
    Hi and thanks IM4,
    Good work.
    Of course to be partakers of the new covenant you must come to Jesus to be reborn from above.
    The blood of the sacrificial lamb must wash us inwardly, cleansed with the forgiveness of God.
    We need the three testaments in heaven, as Jesus had.

1Jn 5
    “6This is he who came by water and blood–Jesus Christ; not by the water only but by the water and the blood. And the Spirit is the one who testifies, because the Spirit is the truth. 7For there are three that testify: 8the Spirit and the water and the blood; and these three agree.”

Nick agreed and added what I had neglected to add. I agree with it.
    Peace and Love Irene

Quote (IM4Truth @ July 17 2007,13:30)
    Ken  No the Law has not changed, the letter of the law has changed. There are two sides to the tablet of the stone that God gave to Moses.  It was the Ordinanses that Christ nailed to the cross, He is the perfect sacrifice.  
    Christ fulfilled the Law and Magnified it.  The sermon on the Mount tells us that If you are angry with your Brother, you have committed Murder in your Heart.  If you lust after a woman you have committed adultery. etc.  I am sure you have read the sermon O.T.M He says Love thy Neighbor as thyself.  Also that Love is the fulfilment of the Law.  If you Love you will not commit any of the ten commandments Sin.  But we also have to remember what John teaches us.  If you say that you are not a sinner, the truth is not in you.   We are still Human we do not have all of Gods mind in us that Christ had when He walked this earth.  God says tho let the mind that is in Christ Jesus be in you. So We must strife to overcome.  Then he will have fulfilled a good work in us. By our self we would never be able to do it. But with Gods Holy spirit we can overcome.

Question: Do you believe we have to keep the Sabbath?  Ore was that A sign between God and Israel? Why are there so many scriptures that say that we are under grace and not under the Law?  No the Law has not changed, but Sin is not imputed to us because of Christ's sacrifice.  Otherwise Christ would have died in Vain, it says. The Covenant did change however.

Peace Mrs. IM4Truth

Christ magnified and fulfilled the law. The Sabbath was Perpetual Covenant that He made with Isreal. That is what Scripture says.
    Peace and Love Mrs.

Quote (IM4Truth @ July 19 2007,06:49)
    Ken Don't put it on the back burner to long.  Lets give some more scriptures what the scribes ask Jesus
    Mark 12:29 “THE FIRST COMMANDMENT IS HEAR O ISRAEL THE LORD OUR GOD THE LORD IS ONE
    Verse 30 'AND YOU SHALL LOVE THE LORD WITH ALL OF YOUR HEART,WITH ALL OF YOUR SOUL,WITH ALL OF YOUR STRENGHT    THIS IS THE FIRST COMMANDMENT.
    VERSE 31 ” And THE SECOND, LIKE IT,IS THIS: YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF.'

THERE IS NO OTHER COMMANDMENT GREATER THEN THESE.

Jesus said to the Apostles;
    John 13:34 “A NEW COMMANDMENT I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another.
    John 15:12 “This is MY COMMANDMENT, that you love one another.”

I wonder why Jesus said that twice?

1 John 4:7 “Beloved, let us love one another, for love is of God; and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God.”
    verse 8 He who does not love does not know God, for God is Love.
    verse 9 In this the love of God was manifested toward us, that God has send His only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through Him.
    verse 10 In this is love, not that we love God, but that He loves us and send His Son to be the propitiation for our sins.
    verse 11 Beloved if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another
    verse 18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves torment. But he who fears has not been made perfect in love.
    verse 20 If someone said I love God, and hates his brother he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother who he has seen, how can he love God whom he has not seen?

Romans 13:10 “Love does no harm to a neighbor; therefore love is the fulfillment of the Law.”

This is what grace is all about, LOVE.  
    This is what the new law is, Love.
    If we love God, we don't just love and honor Him one day of the week, we love and honor Him every day. God wants children that Love Him, not fear Him.  If we do anything because we think we have to, we put ourselves under a law, not God; it is then not of faith but of fear.
    The Apostles preached the gospel of love, not of law.
    If we love God, we don't need for commandments to tell us how.
    If we love our neighbor, we don't need six commandments to tell us how.
    If we don't love from the heart, keeping the fourth or any of the other commandments only, wont save us.

Love is what the new covenant law is built on.  Jesus not only laid the foundation for the new law, Love
    He is the foundation; for us and everyone to built up on it.
    John 15:13 “Greater love has no one then this, then to lay down one”s life for his friends.”

Peace IM4Truth

This is the greates Commandment that God gave us.
    Peace and Love Irene

Viewing 20 posts - 421 through 440 (of 555 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account