Covenants

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 401 through 420 (of 555 total)
  • Author
    kenrch
    Participant

You used to cast those kind out. Now I guess that was silly.

Did you taste the Power of God? Did you have the Spirit? Because TOW-STU have not!
    :( :( :( :(

kenrch
    Participant

See Ya!

Not3in1
    Participant

As for Stuart and Tow, I can not say anything as to their spiritual condition – I am not privy to their heart status.

Did I taste…..Did I have…… You speak in past tense form as if these things no longer apply to me. Are you privy to MY heart status with God? Of course not! You are merely worried that I have lost it all and abandoned ship. Fear not; this is not the case!

It will be difficult for you to witness my searching, I can see that now. Please do not allow me to be a stumbling block for you. I am questioning a lot of things right now. But I do not question the existence of God and the working of his mighty power in my life. OK? I still honor the Sabbath. OK? :;):

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ Jan. 12 2008,18:32)
    As for Stuart and Tow, I can not say anything as to their spiritual condition – I am not privy to their heart status.

Did I taste…..Did I have…… You speak in past tense form as if these things no longer apply to me. Are you privy to MY heart status with God? Of course not! You are merely worried that I have lost it all and abandoned ship. Fear not; this is not the case!

It will be difficult for you to witness my searching, I can see that now. Please do not allow me to be a stumbling block for you. I am questioning a lot of things right now. But I do not question the existence of God and the working of his mighty power in my life. OK? I still honor the Sabbath. OK? :;):

Who is Jesus? Your faith is gasping for air! I don't know who you are?

Say what you want and do what you will. But as I said all one has to do is read your posts then and NOW!

Why must you turn and look back as lots wife? The finish line is at your nose.

But I really can't tell you anything you once knew, can I?

So there is really nothing to say.

Not3in1
    Participant

THEN I wasn't searching, Ken. NOW I am. When you are searching you must be a detective, of sorts. A detective is going to press in and ask questions that make one feel uncomfortable. But I'm asking these questions to solidify what I already know OR to let go of what I thought I knew…… In the end, I just want God. I'll give-up anything I have to to find him; to find the truth.

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ Jan. 12 2008,18:56)
    THEN I wasn't searching, Ken. NOW I am. When you are searching you must be a detective, of sorts. A detective is going to press in and ask questions that make one feel uncomfortable. But I'm asking these questions to solidify what I already know OR to let go of what I thought I knew…… In the end, I just want God. I'll give-up anything I have to to find him; to find the truth.

What answers are you going to find when the scholars can't agree.
    The oil in your lamp is running out you should go back and get more.

You wasn't searching then because you had faith. Then you accepted doubt. Then you started to reason in your mind. And even having a word of knowledge from the LORD you followed your will and ignored the warning HE gave you.

And NOW you need to search? You say you don't know about the spirit or something like that.

What Spirit is the Father going to give you if you ask?

Luk 11:13 If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will the heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!”

But NOW since TOW-STU you don't know?

Question did you ever?

Goodnight

:)

Not3in1
    Participant

Goodnight bro.

Sweet dreams,
    Mandy

Mandy I have always thought you knew what the truth was, I do so therefore I hold on to what is good. If you are questioning the truth which you have, then you did not have it in the first place. I know for 100% that the trinity Doctrine is wrong, therefore I do not have to search that out anymore. The same goes for any subject. But one thing that I have learned, whatever we put into our minds will come out. The mind is like a big Tape Recorder. If we listen to bad music for instant, bad language will come out of our mouths. That is what is happening to our Youth today with all those rap music and their lyrics. So if you listen to Tow and Stu to long you will believe what they are saying if you don't watch out. So my last advice to you travel lightly were ever you go. I will not bother you with my ways anymore. You are your own person, and you will have to pay the consequences in the end.

Peace and Love Mrs. :D :D :D

TimothyVI
    Participant

Quote (seek and you will find @ Jan. 12 2008,19:32)
    Mandy I have always thought you knew what the truth was, I do so therefore I hold on to what is good. If you are questioning the truth which you have, then you did not have it in the first place. I know for 100% that the trinity Doctrine is wrong, therefore I do not have to search that out anymore. The same goes for any subject. But one thing that I have learned, whatever we put into our minds will come out. The mind is like a big Tape Recorder. If we listen to bad music for instant, bad language will come out of our mouths. That is what is happening to our Youth today with all those rap music and their lyrics. So if you listen to Tow and Stu to long you will believe what they are saying if you don't watch out. So my last advice to you travel lightly were ever you go. I will not bother you with my ways anymore. You are your own person, and you will have to pay the consequences in the end.

So far, tow and stu have merely asked questions, or made statements that force many people to question their own beliefs. This questioning is a good thing. If you do not question the things you believe, but merely believe because you were told to, then you are no more than the mind dead robot that I have heard that God did not want. These are the very same doubts that cause countless millions of people to question the validity of Jesus or God to begin with.

We as Christians are woefully ill prepared to give truthful, realistic, believable answers to these difficult questions. It is obvious to me that some of the most knowledgeable Christians on this site can not show fault in some of the theories of tow or stu, other than to ridicule their character and the fact that they do not believe “what is written”.

The fact is that it is easy to convince other believers of something using what is written, but how do we convince non believers using only what is written, especially if what is written contains so many apparent flaws to the average reader.
    The simple fact is, we can’t. God will either convince a person of His existence, or He won’t. At that time that God makes Himself known to you He will give the knowledge that is required. Everything else is just for frivolous bickering. The wisdom of man is foolishness to God.
    I personally believe that He will reveal himself to everyone in His own time, so I do not worry about it.
    Tim

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (TimothyVI @ Jan. 13 2008,01:31)

So far, tow and stu have merely asked questions, or made statements that force many people to question their own beliefs. This questioning is a good thing. If you do not question the things you believe, but merely believe because you were told to, then you are no more than the mind dead robot that I have heard that God did not want. These are the very same doubts that cause countless millions of people to question the validity of Jesus or God to begin with.

We as Christians are woefully ill prepared to give truthful, realistic, believable answers to these difficult questions. It is obvious to me that some of the most knowledgeable Christians on this site can not show fault in some of the theories of tow or stu, other than to ridicule their character and the fact that they do not believe “what is written”.

The fact is that it is easy to convince other believers of something using what is written, but how do we convince non believers using only what is written, especially if what is written contains so many apparent flaws to the average reader.
    The simple fact is, we can’t. God will either convince a person of His existence, or He won’t. At that time that God makes Himself known to you He will give the knowledge that is required. Everything else is just for frivolous bickering. The wisdom of man is foolishness to God.
    I personally believe that He will reveal himself to everyone in His own time, so I do not worry about it.
    Tim

Right I don't worry about it “anymore”. And I REALLY stopped worrying about those who have denied Christ. Because these things will happen in these times because Scripture must be fulfilled.

It is obvious that those who have left the faith have changed even if they don't believe OR can't see it.

If you do not question the things you believe, but merely believe because you were told to, then you are no more than the mind dead robot that I have heard that God did not want.

A Christian who believes because he was TOLD to is not a Christian He is Catholic or should I say not a child of God. When the Holy Spirit comes into your life and begins to change your life~YOU KNOW IT! No one has to tell you! Faith comes from hearing the word but hearing and doing as you are told won't save you it is the Spirit that saves. YOU have to want Jesus, open your heart.

Once you have received the Holy Spirit who can tell you that Jesus is dead?! I don't care what logic or question they use. However some refuse to give up some parts their life style and so begin doubting and looking for a reason NOT to believe.

The Spirit teaches and always sooner or latter gets to the hard part of ASKING you to stop doing something you enjoy and through your mind you see nothing wrong with what you are doing. You begin making excuses as to way you should not have to give up that part of your life.

God never has answered WHY you should obey HIM. Not me anyway :) And boy did I asked! Just as the angels ministered to Jesus after the great temptation they will come and minister to you when you reject Satan and obey the Spirit.

He tells you what you need to know at that time in your life. You don't TELL GOD give me the answer! I am convinced that somethings Or as in some cases MOST things we won't know till the second coming. We only have a taste, a pledge, a down payment!

How did God impregnate Mary? First WHY do you need to know?
    Second maybe~ JUST maybe~ we wouldn't understand these things while in this flesh. Third if HE did answer it would probably
    do more harm than good because we would never understand.

IN SHORT GOD KNOWS WHAT IS BETTER FOR HIS CHILDREN THAN THE CHILDREN DO!

Does any child know better that their father?

So what is the answers those seek? The same answers from the beginning. Who am I and why am I here? Does anyone really believe that the scholars have the answer.

OR did Nothing create something that made a soup that you came crawling out of? How can anyone look at their child and believe that! OR nature itself!

NO! If Stu had the answer then let him answer it. But deep down he even knows he does not! All I have heard are questions of doubt NO answers.

Some have had the answer and have left in favor of Questions because of conflict with their life style.

1Co 13:12 For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I have been fully known.

Not3in1
    Participant

We as Christians are woefully ill prepared to give truthful, realistic, believable answers to these difficult questions.  It is obvious to me that some of the most knowledgeable Christians on this site can not show fault in some of the theories of tow or stu, other than to ridicule their character and the fact that they do not believe “what is written”.

Tim

Totally agree, brother!

At best, folks here have a version of the truth. David has the JW version; t8 and Nick have another version; WJ and Isaiah have their version and on it goes. Yes, Irene, you even have your very own version that differs from other's here.

None of them are absolute truths. And if they are not, then to me, the specifics of their dogma's are up for grabs.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,
    So there is no truth?
    Jesus would disagree as he said the word is truth.
    T8 and I plead for truth to be taken only from scripture and if unclear tested against other scriptures.

Quote (Not3in1 @ Jan. 13 2008,19:45)

We as Christians are woefully ill prepared to give truthful, realistic, believable answers to these difficult questions.  It is obvious to me that some of the most knowledgeable Christians on this site can not show fault in some of the theories of tow or stu, other than to ridicule their character and the fact that they do not believe “what is written”.

Tim

Totally agree, brother!

At best, folks here have a version of the truth.  David has the JW version; t8 and Nick have another version; WJ and Isaiah have their version and on it goes.  Yes, Irene, you even have your very own version that differs from other's here.

None of them are absolute truths.  And if they are not, then to me, the specifics of their dogma's are up for grabs.

I disagree that I have my own version. I believe what the Word of God tells me. So do others on this Website. We also have a lot in common. For instance some do believe in Jesus Christ being the Son of God. Most believe in God the Father Almighty and all have some of God's Holy Spirit. So that does make some unity. But the problem comes when all want to be right. Tell you the truth since I come here I have learned a lot. For that I am thankful to God for. Search for all truths yes, but hold on to what is good. I gave up the trinity doctrine it was 22 years ago in December when I was Baptized according to scripture and received the Holy Spirit. Amazing things have happened since then and I know looking back that I have grown. I do not do those things that I used to do. I understand what is expected of me as a Christian. Those are not my versions, it is not me that has done that, I do not ever get credit for that, it is God in me that has performed the change. Some became imediantly aware of after Baptism and some took years. And I am not finish yet.
    My best friend us to tell me, :” I am to honorary to die.”Funny that I feel the same way now. I still have to learn more I am not perfect and I don't think I have ever said that I was. But if I see a Brother that I have come to know takes the wrong road, I believe it is my duty to at least say something, after that it is up to that person, and that my friend were I am now with you. Good luck. I will always pray for you.

Peace and Love MrsIM4Truth

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 13 2008,19:53)
    Hi not3,
    So there is no truth?
    Jesus would disagree as he said the word is truth.
    T8 and I plead for truth to be taken only from scripture and if unclear tested against other scriptures.

“….and if unclear…..”

You'll have to forgive me for laughing a bit here. Nick, the bible is NOT CLEAR. Hello? Honestly now…..everyone has the Spirit and yet noone agrees on anything!

Clear? Clear as mud.

Not3in1
    Participant

Irene, you can disagree if it makes you feel better, but you do have your own version. If you were to write out all your beliefs on a single page….I'm sure it will be different from other's. Why do you think that is? You all have the same source you are drawing from (the Bible), you all have the same Spirit guiding you? How can you come up with different versions of the same story? I mean, gospel? :)

Shoot, even the gospels have their own “versions” of what happened and the events that preceeded and followed Jesus. I'm bucking this thing called absolute truth. This idea that Isaiah has that there is one truth and all else is falsehood. I don't agree with that at all.

Believe me, if there was ONE truth that my children had to know to save their lives – I would tell them clearly so that they would fully understand the requirements of saving their lives from death by torture or complete annihilation (depending on your version of the truth). :;): The bible does not do this. As some have referred to it – it is a puzzle that requires putting together. Tick, tick, tick, and time is running out! What if you're no good at puzzles? I guess there is the reliable stand by of, “God knows your heart.” Pretty lame though, imo.

On that happy note, sweet dreams everyone.
    Mandy
    :D

acertainchap
    Participant

God commanded Moses to place the Ten Commandments in the Ark of the Covenant (Exodus 25:16; Deut. 31:25-26; Heb. 9:4). The Ark of the Covenant was put in the tabernacle in the holy of holies. It was placed just under the mercy seat and it was the place God said He would meet with Moses. Throughout Israel's history, the ark symbolized the presence of God. It was in keeping covenant with God that His presence was also with Israel. God's existence was revealed to the world through His covenant with Israel.

God's covenant with Israel was a foreshadowing of the new covenant that would be established in Jesus Christ. Through God's covenant with Israel, God captivated the world with His blessings upon Israel, His judgments, and His power. The prophecies of a Savior who would bring salvation even to the gentiles (non-jewish people) was proclaimed to the world through Israel. God chose Israel to be His light set upon a hill that could not be hidden.

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (acertainchap @ Jan. 14 2008,00:01)
    God commanded Moses to place the Ten Commandments in the Ark of the Covenant (Exodus 25:16; Deut. 31:25-26; Heb. 9:4). The Ark of the Covenant was put in the tabernacle in the holy of holies. It was placed just under the mercy seat and it was the place God said He would meet with Moses. Throughout Israel's history, the ark symbolized the presence of God. It was in keeping covenant with God that His presence was also with Israel. God's existence was revealed to the world through His covenant with Israel.

God's covenant with Israel was a foreshadowing of the new covenant that would be established in Jesus Christ. Through God's covenant with Israel, God captivated the world with His blessings upon Israel, His judgments, and His power. The prophecies of a Savior who would bring salvation even to the gentiles (non-jewish people) was proclaimed to the world through Israel. God chose Israel to be His light set upon a hill that could not be hidden.

Very good Chap! We keep the commandments of God and FAITH in Jesus! Some have lost the faith.

1Co 2:5 That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.

The bible is written in a way that each understand it in their own way. The foundation stays the same. Jesus son of man who was full of God! And we His brethren who have for a time being a pledge of the Holy Spirit a down payment.

I don't know about others but when i received the Holy Spirit and then began to read the Words they ministered to me differently at each phase of my life. This is why the bible is called the LIVING Word! And for me that is true.

The bible is a SPIRITUAL book. It is NOT like any book ever written because it's written by the Spirit BUT with human intervention.

I'm not worried about the trinity never was! Sure I'm human and get caught up in all the arguments of which I am now ashamed!

I tried to explain we are Different members of the same body. Perhaps one needs to believe that God is a Trinity in order to perform his function in the body. As long as he is a child and member of the body how he performs his function in the body should not be of any concern to me as long as he does his part for the body to function.

Their are no absolute truths in the bible. The bible is not a college text book. It cannot be read as such you need the Spirit to understand the message for YOU!

There is a lot we don't understand and that's our fault because the Holy Spirit will not give understanding to those who are unable to understand. Most things we will never understand while in this Earth suit.

Again anyone who believes that Jesus IS the Christ is a Brother/Sister of mine in the Lord. I may not understand how their part of the BODY functions but they are still my brethren in the Lord belong to the same BODY!

For me I'm not worried about the past I'M TRYING (and there in is the problem) we must seek But rely of the Spirit of truth to reveal the truth. “I” can do nothing! “I” cannot learn the Spiritual things through the flesh!

Anyway we should be as our Father WHO sees only Jesus in us.
    Trust the Spirit to do the correcting not we who are mere men. When I look at WJ and Isiah and other Trinitarians I should see only Jesus and not their doctrine. They are another member of the same body that may have to do things differently.

1Co 1:18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

1Co 1:19 For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.

Some of the wheat is being choked by the tares. But all things work for the good of those who believe.

acertainchap
    Participant

Quote (kenrch @ Jan. 14 2008,03:08)

Very good Chap!  We keep the commandments of God and FAITH in Jesus!  Some have lost the faith.

1Co 2:5  That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.

The bible is written in a way that each understand it in their own way.  The foundation stays the same.  Jesus son of man who was full of God!  And we His brethren who have for a time being a pledge of the Holy Spirit a down payment.

I don't know about others but when i received the Holy Spirit and then began to read the Words they ministered to me differently at each phase of my life.  This is why the bible is called the LIVING Word!  And for me that is true.

The bible is a SPIRITUAL book.  It is NOT like any book ever written because it's written by the Spirit BUT with human intervention.

I'm not worried about the trinity never was!  Sure I'm human and get caught up in all the arguments of which I am now ashamed!  

I tried to explain we are Different members of the same body.  Perhaps one needs to believe that God is a Trinity in order to perform his function in the body.  As long as he is a child and member of the body how he performs his function in the body should not be of any concern to me as long as he does his part for the body to function.

Their are no absolute truths in the bible.  The bible is not a college text book.  It cannot be read as such you need the Spirit to understand the message for YOU!

There is a lot we don't understand and that's our fault because  the Holy Spirit will not give understanding to those who are unable to understand.  Most things we will never understand while in this Earth suit.

Again anyone who believes that Jesus IS the Christ is a Brother/Sister of mine in the Lord.  I may not understand how their part of the BODY functions but they are still my brethren in the Lord belong to the same BODY!

For me I'm not worried about the past I'M TRYING (and there in is the problem) we must seek But rely of the Spirit of truth to reveal the truth. “I” can do nothing!  “I” cannot learn the Spiritual things through the flesh!

Trust the Spirit to do the correcting not we who are mere men.  When I look at WJ and Isiah and other Trinitarians I should see only Jesus and not their doctrine.  They are another member of the same body that may have to do things differently.

1Co 1:18  For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

1Co 1:19  For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.

Some of the wheat is being choked by the tares.  But all things work for the good of those who believe.

Thanks Kenrch. I appreciate your response. :)

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (acertainchap @ Jan. 14 2008,03:18)

Very good Chap! We keep the commandments of God and FAITH in Jesus! Some have lost the faith.

1Co 2:5 That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.

The bible is written in a way that each understand it in their own way. The foundation stays the same. Jesus son of man who was full of God! And we His brethren who have for a time being a pledge of the Holy Spirit a down payment.

I don't know about others but when i received the Holy Spirit and then began to read the Words they ministered to me differently at each phase of my life. This is why the bible is called the LIVING Word! And for me that is true.

The bible is a SPIRITUAL book. It is NOT like any book ever written because it's written by the Spirit BUT with human intervention.

I'm not worried about the trinity never was! Sure I'm human and get caught up in all the arguments of which I am now ashamed!

I tried to explain we are Different members of the same body. Perhaps one needs to believe that God is a Trinity in order to perform his function in the body. As long as he is a child and member of the body how he performs his function in the body should not be of any concern to me as long as he does his part for the body to function.

Their are no absolute truths in the bible. The bible is not a college text book. It cannot be read as such you need the Spirit to understand the message for YOU!

There is a lot we don't understand and that's our fault because the Holy Spirit will not give understanding to those who are unable to understand. Most things we will never understand while in this Earth suit.

Again anyone who believes that Jesus IS the Christ is a Brother/Sister of mine in the Lord. I may not understand how their part of the BODY functions but they are still my brethren in the Lord belong to the same BODY!

For me I'm not worried about the past I'M TRYING (and there in is the problem) we must seek But rely of the Spirit of truth to reveal the truth. “I” can do nothing! “I” cannot learn the Spiritual things through the flesh!

Trust the Spirit to do the correcting not we who are mere men. When I look at WJ and Isiah and other Trinitarians I should see only Jesus and not their doctrine. They are another member of the same body that may have to do things differently.

1Co 1:18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

1Co 1:19 For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.

Some of the wheat is being choked by the tares. But all things work for the good of those who believe.

Thanks Kenrch. I appreciate your response. :)

You are as Timothy Young but wiser than the old!

Quote (kenrch @ Jan. 14 2008,03:33)

Quote (acertainchap @ Jan. 14 2008,03:18)

Very good Chap!  We keep the commandments of God and FAITH in Jesus!  Some have lost the faith.

1Co 2:5  That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.

The bible is written in a way that each understand it in their own way.  The foundation stays the same.  Jesus son of man who was full of God!  And we His brethren who have for a time being a pledge of the Holy Spirit a down payment.

I don't know about others but when i received the Holy Spirit and then began to read the Words they ministered to me differently at each phase of my life.  This is why the bible is called the LIVING Word!  And for me that is true.

The bible is a SPIRITUAL book.  It is NOT like any book ever written because it's written by the Spirit BUT with human intervention.

I'm not worried about the trinity never was!  Sure I'm human and get caught up in all the arguments of which I am now ashamed!  

I tried to explain we are Different members of the same body.  Perhaps one needs to believe that God is a Trinity in order to perform his function in the body.  As long as he is a child and member of the body how he performs his function in the body should not be of any concern to me as long as he does his part for the body to function.

Their are no absolute truths in the bible.  The bible is not a college text book.  It cannot be read as such you need the Spirit to understand the message for YOU!

There is a lot we don't understand and that's our fault because  the Holy Spirit will not give understanding to those who are unable to understand.  Most things we will never understand while in this Earth suit.

Again anyone who believes that Jesus IS the Christ is a Brother/Sister of mine in the Lord.  I may not understand how their part of the BODY functions but they are still my brethren in the Lord belong to the same BODY!

For me I'm not worried about the past I'M TRYING (and there in is the problem) we must seek But rely of the Spirit of truth to reveal the truth. “I” can do nothing!  “I” cannot learn the Spiritual things through the flesh!

Trust the Spirit to do the correcting not we who are mere men.  When I look at WJ and Isiah and other Trinitarians I should see only Jesus and not their doctrine.  They are another member of the same body that may have to do things differently.

1Co 1:18  For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

1Co 1:19  For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.

Some of the wheat is being choked by the tares.  But all things work for the good of those who believe.

Thanks Kenrch. I appreciate your response.  :)

You are as Timothy Young but wiser than the old!

cHAP I second that. Making a study of the Covenants is a good thing. I could put it all down again, but since I made the original tread if you look on page one you will find it. Good job.

Peace and Love Mrs.IM4Truth

Viewing 20 posts - 401 through 420 (of 555 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account