Covenants

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 555 total)
  • Author
    kenrch
    Participant

Quote (IM4Truth @ July 19 2007,06:49)
    Ken Don't put it on the back burner to long.  Lets give some more scriptures what the scribes ask Jesus
    Mark 12:29 “THE FIRST COMMANDMENT IS HEAR O ISRAEL THE LORD OUR GOD THE LORD IS ONE
    Verse 30 'AND YOU SHALL LOVE THE LORD WITH ALL OF YOUR HEART,WITH ALL OF YOUR SOUL,WITH ALL OF YOUR STRENGHT    THIS IS THE FIRST COMMANDMENT.
    VERSE 31 ” And THE SECOND, LIKE IT,IS THIS: YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF.'

THERE IS NO OTHER COMMANDMENT GREATER THEN THESE.

Jesus said to the Apostles;
    John 13:34 “A NEW COMMANDMENT I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another.
    John 15:12 “This is MY COMMANDMENT, that you love one another.”

I wonder why Jesus said that twice?

1 John 4:7 “Beloved, let us love one another, for love is of God; and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God.”
    verse 8 He who does not love does not know God, for God is Love.
    verse 9 In this the love of God was manifested toward us, that God has send His only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through Him.
    verse 10 In this is love, not that we love God, but that He loves us and send His Son to be the propitiation for our sins.
    verse 11 Beloved if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another
    verse 18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves torment. But he who fears has not been made perfect in love.
    verse 20 If someone said I love God, and hates his brother he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother who he has seen, how can he love God whom he has not seen?

Romans 13:10 “Love does no harm to a neighbor; therefore love is the fulfillment of the Law.”

This is what grace is all about, LOVE.  
    This is what the new law is, Love.
    If we love God, we don't just love and honor Him one day of the week, we love and honor Him every day. God wants children that Love Him, not fear Him.  If we do anything because we think we have to, we put ourselves under a law, not God; it is then not of faith but of fear.
    The Apostles preached the gospel of love, not of law.
    If we love God, we don't need for commandments to tell us how.
    If we love our neighbor, we don't need six commandments to tell us how.
    If we don't love from the heart, keeping the fourth or any of the other commandments only, wont save us.

Love is what the new covenant law is built on.  Jesus not only laid the foundation for the new law, Love
    He is the foundation; for us and everyone to built up on it.
    John 15:13 “Greater love has no one then this, then to lay down one”s life for his friends.”

Peace IM4Truth

Is this Mr or Mrs? :)

1Co 3:18  Let no man deceive himself. If any man among you seemeth to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise.

You adhere to the teachings of men and not of God.

Scripture says what God likes and wants. Do you do what your Father wants?  If you LOVE someone don't you want to PLEASE that person? If your spouse likes a certian restaurant do to take your spouse to one he/she doesn't like.  

Cain delebertly offered up vegtetables was God happy?

1Jo 5:3  For this is the love of God,** that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous**.

Joh 14:15  If ye love me, keep my commandments.

You worship God the whole day every day?  You must be rich! And have people working for you. Either that Or you are very lazy, keeping everyday a Sabbath.

The Sabbath day IS not on my back burner, the Holy Spirit put the Sabbath in my heart right where it should be. If it's not in your heart or anyother person's heart it will be sooner or later you will have to choose the Harlots day which can be no Sabbath at all that's her goal, just as long as you don't keep FATHER'S DAY or you will keep your Father's day now or in the millennium. Meanwhile “come out of her MY people” scripture says.

How about I give you an unbias opion no religious dogma just the plain truth about the Sabbath.

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Jump to: navigation, search
    In the Bible, the Sabbath is a weekly religious day of rest as ordained by one of the Ten Commandments:” the third by Eastern, Roman Catholic and Lutheran numbering, the fourth by other Protestants [See Dan .7:25]”.  The Hebrew word (“šhabbat”, שַׁבָּת, Strong's H7676) means “the [day] of rest (or ceasing)”, as it entails a ceasing or resting from labor. The institution of the Old Testament Sabbath, a “perpetual covenant … [for] the people of Israel” (Exodus 31:16-17-NRSV), was in respect for the day during which God rested after having completed the Creation in six days: Genesis 2:2-3, Exodus 23:12, Isaiah 56:6-8.
    In the New Testament, Jesus declared that the Sabbath was made for man's good (Mark 2:27), and that therefore the son of Man is the Lord of the Sabbath (Matthew 12:8, Mark 2:28). Jesus, in his teachings, rebuked the Jews, and taught that it was right to do good on the Sabbath (Mark 3:4. Luke 6:9). The Sabbath continued to be a time of communal gathering for Christians (Hebrews 10:25), as well as learning the will of God (Acts 15:21). Christians continued to observe the seventh day as holy for centuries after the crucifixion of Jesus. First day observance (also called the Lord's Day, on Sunday) became traditional in the early Christian Church. Catholic (Roman) and then later the Orthodox (Greek) churches officially changed the Saturday Sabbath to the Sunday Sabbath. “Catholic as well as many Protestant sources admit freely that this change was based upon the authority of the Church, and has no basis in Scripture.”[7][8][9][10][11][12][13] Though greatly reduced in number, some Christians continued to observe the seventh day Sabbath, even up to this day [Rev 12:17].
    “Thus the writer to the Hebrews is saying that since the time of Joshua an observance of the Sabbath rest has been outstanding.” The literal translation then of Hebrews 4:9 is “Therefore a Sabbath observance has been left behind for the people of God.” Further, the internal evidence of the preceding verses would indicate that the Sabbath observance mentioned in this verse is indeed the seventh day Sabbath and not the Lord's Day Sabbath. In verse 8, the Hebrew writer states, “For if Joshua had given them rest, he would not have afterward spoken of another day.” On first glance in our English translations, that word “another” would give the appearance of a different day. However, in the Greek, there are two words that mean “another”. “Heteros” means “another of a different kind”, while “allos” means “another of the same kind”. The word used in Hebrews 4:8 is “allos”, indicating a Sabbath day of the same kind as referred to in Hebrews 4:8-5, that is, the seventh-day Sabbath. In verse 7, the Hebrews writer uses the term “certain day”. The Greek word for “certain” is “tis”. It is clearly referrencing a specific day, and not the general thought of an eternal rest. The force of Hebrews 3:11-4:11 then seems to be saying that because Christians look toward the eternal rest of heaven, the type or shadow of the earthly Sabbath rest still remains, or is “left behind”, literally, for Christians to observe. This is significant, in light of the greater context of the book of Hebrews, which deals with the entire Aaronic priesthood and its methods of worship as found in the Old Covenant being supplanted by the Melchizedek priesthood of Jesus Christ”. As the Hebrews writer states in Heb
    rews 12:27, “And this word, Yet once more, signifies the removing of those things that are shaken, as of things which have been made, that those things which are not shaken may remain.”
    While it is true that several times the apostles also met on the first day of the week, there is disagreement as to whether they were continuing into the first day (Saturday evening) after having already been gathered for the Sabbath. That would have been the beginning of the first day (Saturday evening, or any day of the week after a High Sabbath) when some activities would have begun that had not been allowed on the Sabbaths (such as preparing a meal, collecting money, and planning for travel). In addition, in the book of Acts, also believed to be written by Luke, meeting on the Sabbath is referred to eight times. Generally the religious festivals, new moons, and accompanying high sabbaths of Leviticus 23, Numbers 28-29, Isaiah 1:13-14, Hosea 2:11, Ezekiel 45:17 and Colossians 2:16-17 were continued to be observed, as can be seen in such passages as Acts 18:21, 1 Corinthians 5:8, 2 Peter 2:13, Jude 1:12, and Acts 27:9. Some Sabbatarians believe these High Sabbaths to have been fulfilled by the coming of Christ, and their misused practice condemned by Isaiah and Hosea. However, there are some who show that these Holy Days are still referenced in the New Testament as observed holy days, and are relevant to Christians.
    For example, John in Revelation said he was in the spirit on the Lord's day Revelation 1:10. Scripture reveals that the Lord's day is the seventh day Sabbath in Isaiah 58:13-14.

Heb 4:9

(ASV)  There remaineth therefore a sabbath rest for the people of God.

(CEV)  But God has promised us a Sabbath when we will rest, even though it has not yet come.

(DRB)  There remaineth therefore a day of rest for the people of God.

(ESV)  So then, there remains a Sabbath rest for the people of God,

(GNB)  As it is, however, there still remains for God's people a rest like God's resting on the seventh day.

(GW)  Therefore, a time of rest and worship exists for God's people.

(KJV)  There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God.

(KJV+)  There remaineth620 therefore686 a rest4520 to the3588 people2992 of God.2316

(KJVR)  There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God.

(LITV)  So, then, there remains a sabbath rest to the people of God.

(MKJV)  So then there remains a rest to the people of God.

(MSG)  The promise of “arrival” and “rest” is still there for God's people.

Rev 12:17  And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

Rev 14:12  Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

Rev 3:8  I know thy works: behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it: for thou hast a little strength, and hast kept my word, and hast not denied my name.

Rev 3:9  Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee.

Do you think that you can take that what the Spirit of God has given me?!

IHN&L,

Ken

chosenone
    Participant

Quote (kenrch @ July 17 2007,11:29)
    Mat 5:17  Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

Mat 5:18  For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

Wait a minute!  Jesus is a liar!  First He said He fulfilled the law THEN He says that the law would not change! :laugh:

Which of the Ten Commandments have to do with the sacrifice of YOUR SAVIOUR?  Which law did Jesus fulfill and do away with?  Did Jesus do away with “you can't murder?”

Which one?  Or are we free to break then ALL? :)

IHN&L,

Ken

Hi kenrch.
    Regarding your quote of Matt.13:18, I think you may misunderstand the meaning. Matt. 13:17 says, (Jesus speaking) …but to fulfill. Jesus DID fulfill the law. Verse 18 says “…shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
    Would you not say that the meaning is this; the law is in place until it was fulfilled, so when Christ fulfilled it, it had occurred. So my understanding of this scripture, is that the law would stand until it was fulfilled, so now that it had been fulfilled, it does not stand.
    Just my understanding, what do you think?

Blessings.

chosenone
    Participant

Hi again kenrch.
    I forgot to add this scripture from Luke.24. Notice verse 47,repentance has “BEEN GRANTED” to all.
    44 Now He said to them, “These are My words, which I speak to you, still being with you, for all must be fulfilled that is written in the law of Moses and the prophets and psalms concerning Me.”
    45 Then He opens up their mind to understand the scriptures,
    46 and said to them that “Thus it is written, and thus must the Christ be suffering and rise from among the dead the third day,
    47 and there is to be heralded in His name repentance for the pardon of sins, to all the nations, beginning from Jerusalem.

Blessings.

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (chosenone @ July 19 2007,11:37)

Quote (kenrch @ July 17 2007,11:29)
    Mat 5:17  Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

Mat 5:18  For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

Wait a minute!  Jesus is a liar!  First He said He fulfilled the law THEN He says that the law would not change! :laugh:

Which of the Ten Commandments have to do with the sacrifice of YOUR SAVIOUR?  Which law did Jesus fulfill and do away with?  Did Jesus do away with “you can't murder?”

Which one?  Or are we free to break then ALL? :)

IHN&L,

Ken

Hi kenrch.
        Regarding your quote of Matt.13:18, I think you may misunderstand the meaning.  Matt. 13:17 says, (Jesus speaking) …but to fulfill.  Jesus DID fulfill the law.  Verse 18 says “…shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
    Would you not say that the meaning is this;  the law is in place until it was fulfilled, so when Christ fulfilled it, it had occurred.  So my understanding of this scripture, is that the law would stand until it was fulfilled, so now that it had been fulfilled, it does not stand.    
        Just my understanding, what do you think?

Blessings.

Co,

Ok so what do you do with the next verse?

Mat 5:19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

How can you break law that has been done away with?

Two laws CO, the law concerning Jesus (luke 24:44) and God's Law.

I know what you are saying that Jesus hadn't been crucified yet so when He said this the Law was still in effect, right?

The problem is has heaven and earth passed away? And the law Jesus fuldfilled was the Law concerning Himself not God's law.
    Luk 24:44 And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.
    Which of the Ten commandment law pointed to the Messiah?

Bless you CO as you seek truth.

IHN&L,

Ken

IM4Truth
    Participant

Ken the post was mine You simply don't understand the two covenant. Why should I go back to what you believe, I was there before when we belonged to the W.W.C.of God. You never answered my question. Where do you keep the Sabbath? I wish I could afford a maid. You don't know me or how old I am. We don't belong to any Harlot Church either or any other kind of church. Thank you for being so kind!
    Mrs.IM4Truth

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (IM4Truth @ July 19 2007,12:58)
    Ken the post was mine  You simply don't understand the two covenant. Why should I go back to what you believe, I was there before when we belonged to the W.W.C.of God.  You never answered my question. Where do you keep the Sabbath?  I wish I could afford a maid. You don't know me or how old I am. We don't belong to any Harlot Church either or any other kind of church.  Thank you for being so kind!  
    Mrs.IM4Truth

I keep the Sabbath where you don't in my heart and spirit.

You kept the Sabbath according to the letter of H W Armstrong. That's why you don't understand SPIRITUAL things. The Holy Spirit was NEVER in the WWCG! And I don't believe is in the SDA! If you went back to where you were it wouldn't be any different than were you are now. Back then you kept ALL the law, the law that was fulfilled by Jesus and the Ten Commandments BY THE LETTER. So when you finally came out of that MESS. You became paranoid, scared of making the same mistake so the fact is you “threw the baby out with the bath water”. Instead of thinking he might be right and waiting on the SPIRIT you JUDGE according to what MAN has taught you. I told you that NO! You DON'T have to keep the Sabbath and that if you wish go ahead and continue teaching that nobody has to keep the Sabbath :)

And nobody DOES! Everyone does what they want the Father wouldn't have it anyother way. Otherwise you would do the right thing out of FEAR instead of LOVE.

Mat 5:19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

1Jo 5:3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.
    2Jo 1:6 And this is love, [what is LOVE?] **that we walk after his commandments. This is the commandment, That, as ye have heard from the beginning, ye should walk in it.**

Mar 7:6 He answered and said unto them, Well hath Esaias prophesied of you hypocrites, as it is written, ** This people honoureth me with their LIPS, but their heart is far from me.**

What do you do with the above scriptures MIM? Just hope they will go away? If they did their are plenty more that say the same.

The goal of the Harlot is that you don't keep God's day that would be declaring that you believe HIM to be creator. Is everyday the Seventh? NOT yet but it will be that's what the Sabbath points too OR didn't you know that?

You are welcome you should see me when I get excited :laugh: :p :D

IHN&L

IM4Truth
    Participant

Ken by the way, which of the scriptures I quoted do you consider to be the doctrine of men?

Mrs.

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (IM4Truth @ July 20 2007,01:35)
    Ken  by the way, which of the scriptures I quoted do you consider to be the doctrine of men?

Mrs.

:laugh:
    2Pe 3:16 As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.

IM4Truth
    Participant

Ken Oh, yes Ken He was, I sah Him sittting in the third row!

kenrch
    Participant

Well MIM I have things to do, It's not the Sabbath you know or do you?

Have a nice sabbath and day.

Ken

IM4Truth
    Participant

Ken You did not answer my question again. By the way I told you what I do as far as the Sabbath is concerned. So why do you judge me? You certainly show a lot of Love.  I will not say anything else. I dont play “Tom and Jerry”

IM4Truth
    Participant

Bump

kenrch
    Participant

What question MIM? Why ask me anything I know nothing remember. You came out of the Catholic church which certainly does not have the Holy Spirit. Then you came out of the WWCG where the God wasn't the Pope but Herbert W Armstrong and now you want to tell me about the Spirit of God. And of ALL things LOVE! If I disagree with you and am stern I have no love. Did you ever correct your children?

You are going to do what you are going to do SO do it! But if you are going to teach that we don't have to keep the forth commandment then you can expect to be CORRECTED by Scripture.

Again what is the fruit of your love do you keep the Father's Commandments?

1Jo 5:3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.
    1Jo 5:2 By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments.
    1Jo 2:4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
    Rom 2:13 (For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.
    Rom 3:31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.
    Rom 7:14 For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.
    Rom 7:22 For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:
    Rom 7:25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.
    Rom 8:7 For the mind that is set on the flesh is hostile to God, for it does not submit to God's law; indeed, it cannot.
    1Co 7:19 Circumcision is nothing, and uncircumcision is nothing, but the keeping of the commandments of God.
    1Co 9:21 To them that are without law, as without law, (being not without law to God, but under the law to Christ,) that I might gain them that are without law.
    1Co 9:20 While working with the Jews, I live like a Jew in order to win them; and even though I myself am not subject to the Law of Moses, I live as though I were when working with those who are, in order to win them.
    1Co 9:21 In the same way, when working with Gentiles, I live like a Gentile, outside the Jewish Law, in order to win Gentiles. This does not mean that I don't obey God's law; I am really under Christ's law.

Now MIM since you know about the covenants tell why Peter said Paul's writings are hard to understand? Why are Pauls writings HARD to understand?

Paul's writngs are NOT hard to understand unless you think Paul said that the Law of God was done away with. If you think that then Paul is a hypocrite. One minute he says he serves the law of God, he is not without the law of God, That if you walk in SPIRIT you keep the law of God, and God forbid that the Law of God is done away with.

This is the command:

2Jo 1:6 And this is love, that we walk after his commandments. This is the commandment, That, as ye have heard from the beginning, ye should walk in it.

Rev 22:14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

Rev 14:12 Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

You know I haven't much money so since I keep the forth and you only have to keep nine I think I'll break the eighth commandment :) We keep the one we want right :)

IHN& L O V E

Ken :)

IM4Truth
    Participant

Ken I did'nt say you dont know anything, I said you dont understand the covenant. There is a diffrents.
    And why do you have to be so sarcastic? And dont tell me you are correcting me. I by mistake posted something meant for you on “Nimrods Trinity” look it up if you want to know.
    Mrs.IM4Truth

kenrch
    Participant

But if you are going to teach that we don't have to keep the forth commandment then you can expect to be CORRECTED by Scripture.

NOT ME MIM :) SCRIPTURE :)

Sarcastic? I'm sorry if I came across that way but when to go against God's commandments then you go against God. All I did was point out many scriptures and tell you why you feel the way you do about the Sabbath. And it's true you went from one extreme to the other. But as I said if not in the near future then in the milennium along with everyone in the second resurrection while Satan is in chains so as not to deceive you any longer. Then after everything when death is defeated and the Son truns over everything to the Father those who DO the commandments of God will have a right to the tree of eternal life. But you believe I'm wrong so don't worry about it. If (as I said) you don't want to keep the Sabbath then don't the Father doesn't want you to do ANYTHING you don't want too. His desire is compassion not sacrifice.

And YES my goal is the first resurrection and should be everyone's goal.

1Co 9:21 To them that are without law, as without law, (being not without law to God, but under the law to Christ,) that I might gain them that are without law.

1Co 9:24 Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain.

1Jo 2:27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

IHN&L,

Ken

kenrch
    Participant

“Ken Read Exodus 32:15 that was the Law, and I believe that was nailed on the cross. Notice the tablets were written on both sides.”

I suppose MIM is saying that Moses law God wrote on the other side of the Tablets. But what does scripture say?

Exo 20:17 Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbour's.

This was the last commandment written by God.

Exo 20:18 And all the people saw the thunderings, and the lightnings, and the noise of the trumpet, and the mountain smoking: and when the people saw it, they removed, and stood afar off.
    Exo 20:19 And they said unto Moses, Speak thou with us, and we will hear: but let not God speak with us, lest we die.
    Exo 20:20 And Moses said unto the people, Fear not: for God is come to prove you, and that his fear may be before your faces, that ye sin not.

Exo 20:22 And the LORD said unto Moses, Thus thou shalt say unto the children of Israel, Ye have seen that I have talked with you from heaven.

Seems God stopped writing on the tablets and told Moses to speak things to Israel.

Now all what God told Moses to tell Israel Moses wrote.

Exo 24:4 And Moses wrote all the words of the LORD, and rose up early in the morning, and builded an altar under the hill, and twelve pillars, according to the twelve tribes of Israel.

Now scripture does say that their was writting on both sides of the tablets. But according to the previous scriptures Exo. 20:17-24:4 it is clear that God told Moses what to say and then MOSES wrote them down. They must have had the Ten commandments on both sides I don't know I wasn't there but scripture says that Moses wrote the other laws.

Deu.10:1-5 says that God wrote Again on stone His law and Moses put the Law in the ark. Deu. 31:9, 26 says that Moses once again wrote law and placed it on the side of the ark not INSIDE the ark. In 1Kings 8:9 Solomon had the priest open the ark and found nothing but the two tablets of stone that God had written on.

While scripture says that the tablets were written on both sideds it DOES NOT say that God wrote anything but the Ten commandments. Ex.20:1-19 when moses started speaking and Ex. 24:4 where Moses wrote all what God had told Him.

God wrote again, on stone, His law.
    Deu 10:2 And I will write on the tablets the words that were on the first tablets that you broke, and you shall put them in the ark.'

Why did HE write AGAIN in stone and Moses write his law in a book? God's law placed INSIDE the ark and Moses' law placed on the side of the ark.

Why did God write on both sides of the tablets? Go to EX. 20 and read the Ten commandments they are pretty long I suppose for stone tablets.

Thanks MIM I didn't know God wrote the Ten on both sides. Sort of reminds me of when they started saying that the Red Sea was only 8″ deep. So everyone said WOW! God drowned people and horses in eight inches of water.

:laugh:

IHN&L,

Ken

IM4Truth
    Participant

Really

IM4Truth
    Participant

To all
    It says in Galatians 2: 16 ” knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the Law but by faith in Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Christ Jesus, that we might be justified by in Christ and not by the works of the law; for by the works of the law no flesh will be justified.
    verse 17 ” But if while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is Christ therefore a minister of sin/ Certainly not!
    verse 18 ” For if I built again those things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor.
    verse 19 ” For I thought that the law died to the law that I might live to God.
    verse 20 ” I have been crucified with Christ' it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me, and the life
    which I now life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loves me and gave Himself for me.
    verse 21 ” I do not set aside the grace of God ; for if righteousness comes through the law then Christ died in Vain.'
    Question What law was Paul talking about in these verses and in the rest of Galatians.
    In Galatians 5:4 You have become estranged from Christ , you who attempt to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.
    Is that only talking of circumcision and sacrificial Law?
    Peace Mrs.IM4Truth

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (IM4Truth @ July 29 2007,21:30)
    To all    
    It says in Galatians 2: 16 ” knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the Law but by faith in Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Christ Jesus, that we might be justified by in Christ and not by the works of the law; for by the works of the law no flesh will be justified.
    verse 17 ” But if while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is Christ therefore a minister of sin/ Certainly not!
    verse 18 ” For if I built again those things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor.
    verse 19 ” For I thought that the law died to the law that I might live to God.
    verse 20 ” I have been crucified with Christ' it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me, and the life
    which I now life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loves me and gave Himself for me.
    verse 21 ” I do not set  aside the grace of God ; for if righteousness comes through the law then Christ died in Vain.'
    Question  What law was Paul talking about in these verses and in the rest of Galatians.
    In Galatians 5:4 You have become estranged from Christ , you who attempt to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.
    Is that only talking of circumcision and sacrificial Law?
    Peace Mrs.IM4Truth

Read the scripture in context and not in the light you prefer.

Gal 2:3  But even Titus, who was with me, was not forced to be circumcised, though he was a Greek.

Gal 2:7  On the contrary, when they saw that I had been entrusted with the gospel to the uncircumcised, just as Peter had been entrusted with the gospel to the circumcised

Gal 2:8  (for he who worked through Peter ministry to the circumcised worked also through me for mine to the Gentiles),
    or his apostolic ministry to the circumcised worked also through me for mine to the Gentiles), /B]

Gal 2:9  and when James and Cephas and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given to me, they gave the right hand of fellowship to Barnabas and me, that we should go to the Gentiles . and they to the circumcised/B]

Gal 2:12  For before certain men came from James, he was eating with the Gentiles; but when they came he drew back and separated himself, . fearing the circumcision party

Gal 2:15  We ourselves are Jews by birth and not Gentile sinners;

Gal 2:16  yet we know that a person is not justified by

works of the law but through faith in Jesus Christ, so we also have believed in Christ Jesus, in order to be justified by faith in Christ and not by works of the law, because by works of the law no one will be justified.

Lets keep it in context!  What law is being discussed?
    Is it God's law?  Is it the Ten Commandments? NO! It is the law of Moses, here circumcision!  What does the Ten Commandments have to do with circumcision?

This is why Peter said Paul's writings are hard to understand!

Gal 2:21  I do not nullify the grace of God, for if justification were through the law, then Christ died for no purpose.

If keeping the sacrificial law of Moses were enough THEN Christ died for nothing!

Again! Jesus fulfilled the law that these scriptures are speaking of, LUKE 24:44.

We must become as children and read the scriptures WITHOUT our beliefs that we were taught by MEN!

IHN&L,

Ken

IM4Truth
    Participant

To all I was hoping somebody else would give me an answer here, I know what you belief Ken.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 555 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account