Covenants

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 361 through 380 (of 555 total)
  • Author
    kejonn
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ Oct. 24 2007,23:24)

Quote (Towshab @ Oct. 25 2007,14:56)
    The new covenant does not exist. This 'new covenant' was never made bu the God of Israel, it was a human contract between the apostate Paul and his roman cohorts.

Towshab,
    Your name stands for something, doesn't it? I have seen what it stands for, and this is told to you so that you will know I have heard from God.

I believe you are a liar! Sent here to “bash without truth”. I don't usually make these types of accusations, in fact, some have teased me for being the politically correct one around here. But I feel that the Lord has given me a word of knowledge concerning you. And you are here soley to spread lies!

Beware brother's and sister's! This person is not of the Lord and in fact, he has never belonged to the Lord. He is here on a mission……

There is indeed a new covenant.

Jer 31:31 “Behold, the days are coming, declares the LORD, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and the house of Judah,
      Jer 31:32 not like the covenant that I made with their fathers on the day when I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt, my covenant that they broke, though I was their husband, declares the LORD.
      Jer 31:33 But this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, declares the LORD: I will put my law within them, and I will write it on their hearts. And I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

kenrch
    Participant

The new covenant does not exist. This 'new covenant' was never made bu the God of Israel, it was a human contract between the apostate Paul and his roman cohorts.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

You must have a demon of LOW rank!

thehappyman
    Participant

7 doesn't = 1 / 1 doesn't = 7 …two different days ; two different meaning, God kept the Sabath on the 7th. Saturday. Jesus was risen on the first and He is our rest.
    The New Covenant
    27 ¶ Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will sow the house of Israel and the house of Judah with the seed of man, and with the seed of beast.

28 And it shall come to pass, that like as I have watched over them, to pluck up, and to break down, and to throw down, and to destroy, and to afflict; so will I watch over them, to build, and to plant, saith the LORD.

29 In those days they shall say no more, The fathers have eaten a sour grape, and the children's teeth are set on edge. Ezek. 18.2

30 But every one shall die for his own iniquity: every man that eateth the sour grape, his teeth shall be set on edge.

31 ¶ Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant Mt. 26.28 · Mk. 14.24 · Lk. 22.20 · 1 Cor. 11.25 · 2 Cor. 3.6 with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

32 not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers, in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was a husband unto them, saith the LORD:

33 but this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; Heb. 10.16 and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbor, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more. Heb. 10.17 Heb. 8.8-12

35 ¶ Thus saith the LORD, which giveth the sun for a light by day, and the ordinances of the moon and of the stars for a light by night, which divideth the sea when the waves thereof roar; The LORD of hosts is his name:

36 If those ordinances depart from before me, saith the LORD, then the seed of Israel also shall cease from being a nation before me for ever.

37 Thus saith the LORD; If heaven above can be measured, and the foundations of the earth searched out beneath, I will also cast off all the seed of Israel for all that they have done, saith the LORD.

38 ¶ Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that the city shall be built to the LORD from the tower of Han'aneel unto the gate of the corner.

39 And the measuring line shall yet go forth over against it upon the hill Gareb, and shall compass about to Go'ath.

40 And the whole valley of the dead bodies, and of the ashes, and all the fields unto the brook of Kidron, unto the corner of the horse gate toward the east, shall be holy unto the LORD; it shall not be plucked up, nor thrown down any more for ever.

This my opinion and it is worth 5 bits to buy a cup of coffee and a smile ….:D

kenrch
    Participant

7 doesn't = 1 / 1 doesn't = 7 …two different days ; two different meaning, God kept the Sabath on the 7th. Saturday. Jesus was risen on the first and He is our rest. /QUOTE]

Happy where does scripture say this?

kenrch
    Participant

Heb 4:9 So then, there remains a Sabbath rest for the people of God,
    Heb 4:10 for whoever has entered God's rest has also rested from his works as God did from his.

How did God rest? Did HE rest from sin?

Is Jesus finished? Has the last enemy been defeated?

Has Satan been thrown into the pit? Does Satan still roam the earth seeking who he may devour?

We have NOT entered the eternal rest of God. So for the people of God there remains a Sabbath that points to the eternal rest.

God bless,

Ken

Towshab
    Participant

Quote (kejonn @ Oct. 25 2007,23:42)

Quote (Not3in1 @ Oct. 24 2007,23:24)

Towshab,
    Your name stands for something, doesn't it? I have seen what it stands for, and this is told to you so that you will know I have heard from God.

I believe you are a liar! Sent here to “bash without truth”. I don't usually make these types of accusations, in fact, some have teased me for being the politically correct one around here. But I feel that the Lord has given me a word of knowledge concerning you. And you are here soley to spread lies!

Beware brother's and sister's! This person is not of the Lord and in fact, he has never belonged to the Lord. He is here on a mission……

There is indeed a new covenant.

Jer 31:31 “Behold, the days are coming, declares the LORD, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and the house of Judah,
      Jer 31:32 not like the covenant that I made with their fathers on the day when I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt, my covenant that they broke, though I was their husband, declares the LORD.
      Jer 31:33 But this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, declares the LORD: I will put my law within them, and I will write it on their hearts. And I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Kevin,

Studying the Jewish scriptures and still holding on to Christian thought? You still have much to learn, friend. You totally forgot the next verse! From the RSV (it is not that bad for a Christian version)
    —————————–
    Jer 31:34 and they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin will I remember no more.
    ——————————
    If the Messiah had truly come, all would know G-d. Do all people know G-d?

I see some value in Christianity. Because they still keep the Jewish bible in their version of the Bible (though it has an obvious Christian way of translating), and have grown to such numbers, they will indeed make more people aware of the Jewish scriptures. Therefore, these people will hopefully read the Jewish Bible and see the true G-d. Hashem does indeed work in His own manner.

thehappyman
    Participant

QUOTE]7 doesn't = 1 / 1 doesn't = 7 …two different days ; two different meaning, God kept the Sabath on the 7th. Saturday. Jesus was risen on the first and He is our rest. /QUOTE]

Hi Ken : It is an opinionated statement. and 5 bits will buy you a cup of coffee and a smile.

:D

But Jehovah is God our Father and He made the law ” keep my Sabbath.

Jesus is our rest.;
                        Come unto Me and Rest
    Lk. 10.21, 22  
    25  ¶ At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes.

26  Even so, Father; for so it seemed good in thy sight.

27  All things are delivered unto me of my Father: Joh. 3.35 and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, Joh. 10.15 and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.

28  Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

29  Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. Jer. 6.16

30  For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

……………    happyman ……God Bless you…. :D  :D  :D

kenrch
    Participant

But Jehovah is God our Father and He made the law ” keep my Sabbath.

Yes Happy HE is OUR God and Jesus' God.

Heb 1:9 Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.

What is love for God?

1Jo 5:3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.
    2Jo 1:6 And this is love, that we walk after his commandments. This is the commandment, That, as ye have heard from the beginning, ye should walk in it.

Where is the forth commandment changed to the first day?

Where does scripture say that Jesus was resurrected on the first day?

The authors of the first day sabbath will gladly tell you their is NO scripture that changed the Sabbath to the first day. The RCC did so to show that she had the power to change God's law.

God bless,

Ken

gladtidings
    Participant

(CONT'D from Pg. 36) OLD TESTAMENT DEVELOPEMENT OF John 3:1-12;

I have some additional insight relating to John 3 that should be shared before moving on.

John 3:3-5: “Jesus answered and said to him, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God”. Nicodemas said unto him, 'How can a man be born when he is old? He cannot enter a second time into his mother's wound and be born, can he? [NASB]. v5: “Jesus answered, 'Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and spirit he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

As much as I like to insert the words ” born from above” for the words “born again”, I do not think Jesus intended to communicate “form above” to Nicodemas. Jesus was communicating in plain language (and notice Nicodemas' response). The Greek is word ANOTHEN, which can be translated either way. However, when studying the reference texts in the OT [which we will examine shortly], both of these connotations definately exist.

The other point I wanted to make is this: I believe Jesus – the humble man that he was – is treating Nicodemas as a peer, a fellow Rabbi. He is discussing concepts that both of them , as students of the Tanach, Pentateuch, Torah etc., would have had opportunity to discern from reading and meditation. That being said, notice Jesus uses the relative pronoun “one” two times in his new birth descriptions (“unless one is born of water” and “unless one is born again”). This pronoun is directly associated with the word “you” in the phrase: “you must be born again” in verse 7. In other words, Jesus is including himself in the list of those with this kind of need. He doesn't say: “only you, and not me” need to be born again; nor does he say anywhere: “with the exception of The Son of Man, one needs to be born again to see the Kingdom of God.”

I believe Jesus became born again at the time of the resurrection. This came to my mind as I meditated upon several verses in the OT where the event of the new birth is one event, among several others, that happens to the nation during the time period of “the restoration of all things” (Acts 3:21).

Ezekial 36:33-37: “Thus says the LORD GOD, “On the day that I cleanse you from your iniquities, I will cause the cities to be inhabited, and the waste places will be rebuilt. The desolate land will be cultivated instead of being a desolation in the sight of everyone who passes by. “They will say, 'this desolate land has become like the garden of Eden; and the waste, desolate and ruined cities are fortified and inhabited.' “Then the nations that are left round about you will know that I, The LORD, have rebuilt the ruined places and planted that which was desolate; I, the LORD have spoken and will do it.”

Three verses later, we read: Ch 37:3-10 He said to me, “Son of man, can these bones live?” And I answered, “O Lord GOD, You know.” tThen He said to me, “Prophesy over these bones and say to them, 'O dry bones, hear the word of the LORD.' “Thus says the Lord GOD to these bones, 'Behold, I will cause breath to enter you that you may come to life. I will put sinews on you, make flesh grow back on you, cover you with skin and put breath in you that you may come allive; and you will know that I am the LORD.'” [It all happened, and in verse 8 we read: “And I looked, and behold, sinews were on them, and flesh grew and skin covered them; but there was no breath in them. v10: So I prophesied as He commanded me, and the breath came into them, and they come to life and stood on their feet, and exceedingly great army.”

IM4Truth
    Participant

Mark 12:29 “THE FIRST COMMANDMENT IS HEAR O ISRAEL THE LORD OUR GOD THE LORD IS ONE
    Verse 30 'AND YOU SHALL LOVE THE LORD WITH ALL OF YOUR HEART,WITH ALL OF YOUR SOUL,WITH ALL OF YOUR STRENGHT THIS IS THE FIRST COMMANDMENT.
    VERSE 31 ” And THE SECOND, LIKE IT,IS THIS: YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF.'

THERE IS NO OTHER COMMANDMENT GREATER THEN THESE.

Jesus said to the Apostles;
    John 13:34 “A NEW COMMANDMENT I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another.
    John 15:12 “This is MY COMMANDMENT, that you love one another.”

I wonder why Jesus said that twice?

1 John 4:7 “Beloved, let us love one another, for love is of God; and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God.”
    verse 8 He who does not love does not know God, for God is Love.
    verse 9 In this the love of God was manifested toward us, that God has send His only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through Him.
    verse 10 In this is love, not that we love God, but that He loves us and send His Son to be the propitiation for our sins.
    verse 11 Beloved if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another
    verse 18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves torment. But he who fears has not been made perfect in love.
    verse 20 If someone said I love God, and hates his brother he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother who he has seen, how can he love God whom he has not seen?

Romans 13:10 “Love does no harm to a neighbor; therefore love is the fulfillment of the Law.”

This is what grace is all about, LOVE.
    This is what the new law is, Love.
    If we love God, we don't just love and honor Him one day of the week, we love and honor Him every day. God wants children that Love Him, not fear Him. If we do anything because we think we have to, we put ourselves under a law, not God; it is then not of faith but of fear.
    The Apostles preached the gospel of love, not of law.
    If we love God, we don't need for commandments to tell us how.
    If we love our neighbor, we don't need six commandments to tell us how.
    If we don't love from the heart, keeping the fourth or any of the other commandments only, wont save us.

Love is what the new covenant law is built on. Jesus not only laid the foundation for the new law, Love
    He is the foundation; for us and everyone to built up on it.
    John 15:13 “Greater love has no one then this, then to lay down one”s life for his friends.”

Peace and Love Mrs. :D :D :D

kenrch
    Participant

Love is what the new covenant law is built on.  Jesus not only laid the foundation for the new law, Love
    He is the foundation; for us and everyone to built up on it./QUOTE]

1Jo 5:3  For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

This is the LOVE :) That we keep His commandments

2Jo 1:6  And this is love, that we walk after his commandments. This is the commandment, That, as ye have heard from the beginning, ye should walk in it.

This IS love :) That we walk after HIS commandments :) That you have heard from THE BEGINNING

If we LOVE God with all our heart then we keep HIS Commandments.  The first four Commandments tells us what pleases God.  When you LOVE someone don't you WANT to please them.

If we love our Neighbor then we will keep the last six Commandments.  

We have no other gods before HIM.
    Well if you replace the forth commandment with that of the teachings of MEN then what are you doing?

Are you not obeying man instead of God?

Why is it you don't steal or murder but the very commandment you are instructed to “REMEMBER” you choose to either keep man's tradition or do your own thing which is the same because either way you break the forth Commandment of God.

This is what the forth Commandment is about “Choice” ..you choose man's tradition OR God's commandment.
    That's the way it is all through your “Christian” walk.  You Choose!  From the very beginning it has been about choice Adam chose NOT to keep the commandment of God.

If we keep the testimony of Christ OR have faith IN Jesus.

And if the TWO Commandments Jesus mentioned (which were not different commandments at all) did away with God's Law…
    Then WHY does scripture say to “keep the Commandments of God” AND Faith in Jesus.

Rev 12:17  And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

Rev 14:12  Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

Satan knows that people are starting to realize that they have been lied too.  So he as he did with the RCC started his church with “twisted” scripture.

Any organization that teaches we are to keep the Law of God by the letter of the Law are liars.  And (as their masters intention) turn the children of God away from the Law HE wrote.  Teaching BONDAGE as the correct way to keep the forth Commandment. Because of this some have come out of those “churches” with a nasty taste left in their mouth for the Law of God believing it is Bondage.  Still others come out and realize their mistake and keep the forth commandment correctly BY THE SPIRIT.

Make NO mistake FEAR is NOT Love!  Your Father does not want sacrifice HE wants Compassion.  If you attempt to keep His law because of fear then you are naturally doomed to fail.

As Paul said only by the Spirit can we keep the Commandments (Law) of God.

Rom 8:4  That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
    Rom 8:5  For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
    Rom 8:6  For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.

Rom 8:7  Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

Rom 8:8  So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
    Rom 8:9  But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

There is No Way you can keep the Commandments but by the Spirit.

Satan deceives the “whole world” but we are not of the world but are of the SPIRIT.

Rev 12:9  And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

Brothers and sisters it IS harvest time.  Some of Jesus' brethren are caught up in false doctrine, so in these end time days the call goes out.

Rev 18:4  And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

How are Jesus' people IN Her and who is She?

I pray I have made this clear.

God bless,

Ken

gladtidings
    Participant

Ezekial 37:11 -14: (CONT'D)

“Then He said to me, “Son of man, these bones are the whole house of Israel; behold, they say, 'Oour bones are dried up and our hope has perished. We are completely cut off.' “Therefore, prophesy ad say to them, 'Thus says the Lord GOD, “Behold, I will open your graves and cause you to come up out of your graves, My people; and I will bring you into the land of Israel. “Then you will know that I am the Lord, when I have opened your graves and cuased you to come up out of your graves, My people. “I will put My spirit within you and you will come to life, and I will place you on your own land. Then you will know that I, The LORD, have spoken and done it”, declares the LORD. [NASB]

The words “breath” and “spirit” are the same Hebrew word, Ruach, in the text of Ezekial 37:3-10. God breathed His spirit into the flesh of the resurrected bodies. These people were literally, “born of the spirit”.

Spirit is also associated with water in Isaiah 44:3,4: “”For I will pour water on him who is thirsty, And floods on the dry ground. I will pour My spirit on your descendants And My blessing on your offspring. They will spring up among the grass Like willows by the watercourses.”

This section of Isaiah is interesting when you compare it with chapter 66 of the same book: verse 8: “…can the earth be made to bring forth in one day?” “Can a nation be brought forth all at once?”

The imagery of the God's Spirit having the effect of water, that is, of giving life, vitality, and the effect of quickening to the resurrected saints is evident here.

In John3:5 Jesus says: “unless one is born of water and the spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.” Jesus uses the OT imagery of water and spirit to refer to the work of God from above. Also in this section of scripture, Jesus makes reference to wind:

verses 7, 8: “Do not marvel that I said unto you, “you must be born again”, the wind blows where it wishes, and you hear the sound of it, but cannot tell where it comes from and where it goes” So is everyone who is born of the spirit”.

Jews always required signs in order to believe; Jesus is saying that you don't need signs for evidence of this reality. It will be apparent that God, working in His sovereign way, will produce abundant evidence [like the presence of wind] of the working of His spirit even though one cannot ascend up to heaven to ascertain the origins and paths of the spirit. In addition to the words 'breath” & “spirit”, “wind” is also translation of the Hebrew word Ruach. Jesus uses the OT Imagery of “water” and “wind” to refer to the work of God from above.

CONT'D

Participant

Quote (gladtidings @ Oct. 27 2007,01:15)
    Ezekial 37:11 -14: (CONT'D)

“Then He said to me, “Son of man, these bones are the whole house of Israel; behold, they say, 'Oour bones are dried up and our hope has perished.  We are completely cut off.'  “Therefore, prophesy ad say to them, 'Thus says the Lord GOD, “Behold, I will open your graves and cause you to come up out of your graves, My people; and I will bring you into the land of Israel.  “Then you will know that I am the Lord, when I have opened your graves and cuased you to come up out of your graves, My people.  “I will put My spirit within you and you will come to life, and I will place you on your own land.  Then you will know that I, The LORD, have spoken and done it”, declares the LORD.  [NASB]

The words “breath” and “spirit” are the same Hebrew word, Ruach, in the text of Ezekial 37:3-10.  God breathed His spirit into the flesh of the resurrected bodies. These people were literally,  “born of the spirit”.

Spirit is also associated with water in Isaiah 44:3,4:  “”For I will pour water on him who is thirsty, And floods on the dry ground.  I will pour My spirit on your descendants And My blessing on your offspring.  They will spring up among the grass Like willows by the watercourses.”

This section of Isaiah is interesting when you compare it with chapter 66 of the same book:  verse 8:  “…can the earth be made to bring forth in one day?”  “Can a nation be brought forth all at once?”

The imagery of the God's Spirit having the effect of water, that is, of  giving life, vitality, and the effect of quickening to the resurrected saints is evident here.

In John3:5  Jesus says: “unless one is born of water and the spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.”  Jesus uses the OT imagery of water and spirit to refer to the work of God from above.  Also in this section of scripture, Jesus makes reference to wind:

verses 7, 8:  “Do not marvel that I said unto you, “you must be born again”, the wind blows where it wishes, and you hear the sound of it, but cannot tell where it comes from and where it goes”  So is everyone who is born of the spirit”.

Jews always required signs in order to believe; Jesus is saying that you don't need signs for evidence of this reality.  It will be apparent that God, working in His sovereign way, will produce abundant evidence [like the presence of wind] of the working of His spirit even though one cannot ascend up to heaven to ascertain the origins and paths of the spirit.  In addition to the words 'breath” & “spirit”, “wind” is also translation of the Hebrew word Ruach.  Jesus uses the OT Imagery of “water” and “wind” to refer to the work of God from above.

CONT'D

Hi gladtidings:

I've been reading your posts. Thank you for this insight. Please show me more.

God Bless

IM4Truth
    Participant

What makes you think that I am keeping Mans Commandment, when I keep the Commandments of Love. You cant understand me and never have. Along with being born again, we now walk in the Spirit of God. Unless I have Faith in Jesus Christ and walk according to the Commandments He has given me I will have eternal Life. Since we who walk in the Spirit keep every Day to the Lord . We not only keep the Sabbath Holy. That is just it, the Old Testament Law only required to keep by the letter of the Law and even then nobody was able to do so. If the old would have been sufficient, there would have not been no need for a new. Sin is not imputed to us by faith in Christ Jesus. So don't make us look like that we are Lawless people on the contrary we do so much more when we look at the sermon on the Mount. And that you Ken have never understood. You belief just because you keep the Sabbath that you are so much better then those that want to do even more. And I am sick and tired of being put down because I want to walk in the Spirit every day and Keep it Holy. You keep on saying that the Law is spiritual, which it is, but you cant tell me that you can keep the Sabbath spiritual, because it is a Physical day of rest and I have nothing against that and even keep it, because of my conviction to Jesus Christ and walking in the Spirit, which you seem not to want to understand. But that is your problem not mine. I am convinced in my mind so leave me alone with your provblem I have enough of my own.

Gladtings is giving us a really a good example of what ii is meant to be born again. And I might add unless we are born again we will not see the Kimngdom of God.

One more thing to you Ken I am not going to go around with you again like we did before. I posted about the Covenant again for others that come here. What you do is no concern of mine. All you want to do is critizise, and I want no part of that, thank you and Bless you, Ken. I will pray for you.

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (IM4Truth @ Oct. 27 2007,03:03)
    What makes you think that I am keeping Mans Commandment, when I keep the Commandments of Love. You cant understand me and never have. Along with being born again, we now walk in the Spirit of God. Unless I have Faith in Jesus Christ and walk according to the Commandments He has given me I will have eternal Life. Since we who walk in the Spirit keep every Day to the Lord . We not only keep the Sabbath Holy. That is just it, the Old Testament Law only required to keep by the letter of the Law and even then nobody was able to do so. If the old would have been sufficient, there would have not been no need for a new. Sin is not imputed to us by faith in Christ Jesus. So don't make us look like that we are Lawless people on the contrary we do so much more when we look at the sermon on the Mount. And that you Ken have never understood. You belief just because you keep the Sabbath that you are so much better then those that want to do even more. And I am sick and tired of being put down because I want to walk in the Spirit every day and Keep it Holy. You keep on saying that the Law is spiritual, which it is, but you cant tell me that you can keep the Sabbath spiritual, because it is a Physical day of rest and I have nothing against that and even keep it, because of my conviction to Jesus Christ and walking in the Spirit, which you seem not to want to understand. But that is your problem not mine. I am convinced in my mind so leave me alone with your provblem I have enough of my own.

Gladtings is giving us a really a good example of what ii is meant to be born again. And I might add unless we are born again we will not see the Kimngdom of God.

One more thing to you Ken I am not going to go around with you again like we did before. I posted about the Covenant again for others that come here. What you do is no concern of mine. All you want to do is critizise, and I want no part of that, thank you and Bless you, Ken. I will pray for you.

Whew! What brought on this attack? My post was not directed to you Mrs :) Did I mention your name?

Is this an example of that great LOVE you have. Even If you consider me your enemy are you to treat me this way in Christ's Love?

I certainly don't think I more than anyone else. All can choose to keep God's Commandments :) Or will God reward those who don't obey Him as though they do?

Is God a respecter of persons? Yet did He like Able better than Cain. :)

If you and I do the same then God makes no choice over another. But If I murder and murder and murder, Is God going to be pleased with me as He is with you?

Judgement day is not here but the call goes out:

“Come out of HER “MY” People”!

These are Jesus' People. They believe in Jesus. Yet they are deceived being in “HER”. So Jesus ask Come out of Her MY People. Are those in Her those who keep the commandments of God?

God bless and help you Mrs,

Ken

gladtidings
    Participant

OLD TESTAMENT DEVELOPEMENT OF John 3: CONT'D

I waned to add a another note before we continue: There's a lot other things that the Bible says about being born again in the New Testament. Sometimes, the emphasis is not on regeneration, but rather a “new man” disposition, that is, holy character.

Because of the presence of God's spirit and His Word in the saints, and the effect in a person's life, one could say the the person is “born again” as in I Peter 3: being 'born again”, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the Word of God which liveth and abideth forever.” However, the core understanding of what the new birth literally is is first explained by Jesus (not Paul or Peter).

Is the saint of the Church era, that began on the day of Pentacost, born again? Yes, in promise they are, but the literal reality of that concept will not be manifested until the resurrection of the Just. I think too often the Church reads the Bible backwards, and takes the understanding of certain topics (like the new birth) from the New Testament and reads their [assumed] interpretation into the OT without allowing the Hebrew sciptures to define the concept first.

The subject of salvation [and understanding of the new birth] is of the Jews: it's a Judean concept borne out of the Hebrew scriptures : John 4:22: “You worship what you do not know; we [Judeans] worship what we know, for salvation is from the Jews [Judeans].

About the hope of the Christian Chruch, Paul speaks in Acts 28:20, that it was “for the hope of Israel” that he was bound in chains.. He wasn't suffering for the hope of flying around on a cloud playing a harp with the angel band. I believe subject of salvation is very vivid [and extemely exciting] for you and me in the church age. We can build ourselves up on it by reading the Old Testament. No longer do we have to wonder what Kingdom of God is about because the Hebrew scriptures develope this concept beautifully. (Ever notice how Jesus never literally says what the Kingdom of God is in the gospels??? (He tells you what it is like, and mkes comparative illustrations to it in the parables. But he didn't have to explain what it was because the Jews knew what it was; they knew the Hebrew scritpures where this concept is first developed.

Anyway, I'm out of time…guess I'll be posting again after the weekend..CHEERS

IM4Truth
    Participant

gladtidings What do you call the good News that the Apostles talk about? The way I understand that because Israel did not except Jesus Christ as their Savior, they crucifief Him. I understand by reading in Romans that they will be grafted in again. Hebrew is what speaks of that. Some belief that God is finished with theJewish people, but I do not belief that, because of Romans. What do you day about that?

thehappyman
    Participant

Hi Mrs. Thank you for answering my questions that Ken needed to understand. Romans says it all huh.
    …………………………Happyman…………..

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (thehappyman @ Oct. 28 2007,04:21)
    Hi Mrs. Thank you for answering my questions that Ken needed to understand. Romans says it all huh.
    …………………………Happyman…………..

You never did answer my question Happy.  Where does scripture say that Christ was resurrected on Sunday?

And who changed the forth Commandment? Dan. 7:25

Happy are you refusing to keep HIS forth commandment?

It's all about choice :)

God Bless,

Ken :)

thehappyman
    Participant

Hi Kenrch
                 Grace and peace be unto you. On page 37 was my answer , but you took my humer math-a-matics in offence and I am sorry for offending you.
                 I also found this besides what Jehovah told Jememiah in 31:31.                                       
                       In the Gospel of Matthew
                                     1  In the end of the sabbath, as it began to dawn toward the first day of the week, came Mary Mag'dalene and the other Mary to see the sepulchre.

2  And, behold, there was a great earthquake: for the angel of the Lord descended from heaven, and came and rolled back the stone from the door, and sat upon it.

3  His countenance was like lightning, and his raiment white as snow:

4  and for fear of him the keepers did shake, and became as dead men.

5  And the angel answered and said unto the women, Fear not ye: for I know that ye seek Jesus, which was crucified.

6  He is not here: for he is risen, as he said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay.

7  And go quickly, and tell his disciples that he is risen from the dead; and, behold, he goeth before you into Galilee; there shall ye see him: lo, I have told you.

8  And they departed quickly from the sepulchre with fear and great joy; and did run to bring his disciples word.

9  And as they went to tell his disciples, behold, Jesus met them, saying, All hail. And they came and held him by the feet, and worshipped him.

10  Then said Jesus unto them, Be not afraid: go tell my brethren that they go into Galilee, and there shall they see me.

The New Covenant
                                                          Old testament to a new beginning
    27  ¶ Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will sow the house of Israel and the house of Judah with the seed of man, and with the seed of beast.

28  And it shall come to pass, that like as I have watched over them, to pluck up, and to break down, and to throw down, and to destroy, and to afflict; so will I watch over them, to build, and to plant, saith the LORD.

29  In those days they shall say no more, The fathers have eaten a sour grape, and the children's teeth are set on edge. Ezek. 18.2

30  But every one shall die for his own iniquity: every man that eateth the sour grape, his teeth shall be set on edge.

31  ¶ Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant Mt. 26.28 · Mk. 14.24 · Lk. 22.20 · 1 Cor. 11.25 · 2 Cor. 3.6 with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

32  not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers, in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was a husband unto them, saith the LORD:

33  but this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; Heb. 10.16 and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

34  And they shall teach no more every man his neighbor, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more. Heb. 10.17 Heb. 8.8-12

35  ¶ Thus saith the LORD, which giveth the sun for a light by day, and the ordinances of the moon and of the stars for a light by night, which divideth the sea when the waves thereof roar; The LORD of hosts is his name:

36  If those ordinances depart from before me, saith the LORD, then the seed of Israel also shall cease from being a nation before me for ever.

:D :D
               So You keep on keep on for Jesus, ……………………thehappyman :D

Viewing 20 posts - 361 through 380 (of 555 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account