Covenants

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 341 through 360 (of 555 total)
  • Author
    kenrch
    Participant

Quote (kejonn @ Oct. 12 2007,23:41)
    WJ,

What law does God write on our heart?

Thank you kejonn.

WJ do you steal etc? Then why do you break the forth commandment?

Please forget what the RCC has taught you and LOOK at the scriptures, please :)

kenrch
    Participant

You on the other hand are following the letter of the Law, Moses engraved on stones, the letter that kills, the ministration of death.

WJ READ the scripture with your eyes.

Deu 5:22 “These words the LORD spoke to all your assembly at the mountain out of the midst of the fire, the cloud, and the thick darkness, with a loud voice; and he added no more. And he wrote them on two tablets of stone and gave them to me.

Deu 10:1 “At that time the LORD said to me, 'Cut for yourself two tablets of stone like the first, and come up to me on the mountain and make an ark of wood.
    Deu 10:2 And I will write on the tablets the words that were on the first tablets that you broke, and you shall put them in the ark.'
    Deu 10:3 So I made an ark of acacia wood, and cut two tablets of stone like the first, and went up the mountain with the two tablets in my hand.
    Deu 10:4 And he wrote on the tablets, in the same writing as before, the Ten Commandments that the LORD had spoken to you on the mountain out of the midst of the fire on the day of the assembly. And the LORD gave them to me.
    Deu 10:5 Then I turned and came down from the mountain and put the tablets in the ark that I had made. And there they are, as the LORD commanded me.”

Who wrote the Ten commandments? You say “Moses engraved on stones” What does scripture say WJ?

Under the New Covenant the law God wrote in stone are now on the hearts who love God.

1Jo 5:3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments. And his commandments are not burdensome.

What is the LOVE for God WJ? Is it that we break His Commandments?

2Jo 1:6 And this is love, that we walk according to his commandments; this is the commandment, just as you have heard from the beginning, so that you should walk in it.

this is the commandment..And this is love..that we walk according to his commandments;..just as you have heard from the beginning, so that you should walk in it.

WJ you are so deeply rooted in the RCC that you can't read unless with HER understanding. SAD very SAD

Come out of HER Jesus' people…Come out of her, Rev 18:4

Gal 4:4 But when the fullness of time had come, God sent forth his Son, born of woman, born under the law,
    Gal 4:5 to redeem those who were under the law, so that we might receive adoption as sons.

Which of the law that God wrote~ NOT MOSES ~but God..pointed to Jesus' coming?

Again just say it WJ if you can. Are you saying that you reject and will not keep the forth commandment of God?

Is that what you are saying?

Quote (kejonn @ Oct. 12 2007,23:41)
    WJ,

What law does God write on our heart?

2 Cor 3

kejonn

All of it!

Now which ones do you think we should keep in the flesh? ???

These?

Exod 35:1
    And Moses gathered all the congregation of the children of Israel together, and said unto them, These are the words which the LORD hath commanded, that ye should do them
    2 Six days shall work be done, but on the seventh day there shall be to you an holy day, a sabbath of rest to the LORD: whosoever doeth work therein shall be put to death.
    3 Ye shall kindle no fire throughout your habitations upon the sabbath day.

According to this commandment you should not cook on the Sabbath and if you break it you are to be put to death.

Exod 23:
    10″ You shall sow your land for six years and gather in its yield,
    11but on the seventh year you shall let it rest and lie fallow, so that the needy of your people may eat; and whatever they leave the beast of the field may eat. You are to do the same with your vineyard and your olive grove.
    12″(N)Six days you are to do your work, but on the seventh day you shall cease from labor so that your ox and your donkey may rest, and the son of your female slave, as well as your stranger, may refresh themselves.
    13″Now concerning everything which I have said to you, be on your guard; and do not mention the name of other gods, nor let them be heard from your mouth.

Anybody do any farming or gardening?

Exod 23:
    14″Three times a year you shall celebrate a feast to Me.
    15″You shall observe ®the Feast of Unleavened Bread; for seven days you are to eat unleavened bread, as I commanded you, at the appointed time in the month Abib, for in it you came out of Egypt And none shall appear before Me empty-handed.
    16″Also you shall observe the Feast of the Harvest of the first fruits of your labors from what you sow in the field; also the Feast of the Ingathering at the end of the year when you gather in the fruit of your labors from the field.
    17″Three times a year all your males shall appear before the Lord GOD.
    18″You shall not offer the blood of My sacrifice with leavened bread; nor is the fat of My feast to remain overnight until morning.
    19″You shall bring the choice first fruits of your soil into the house of the LORD your God “You are not to boil a young goat in the milk of its mother.

How many Sabbatarians keep the feast.

Lev 15:
    19'When a woman has a discharge, if her discharge in her body is blood, she shall continue in her menstrual impurity for seven days; and whoever touches her shall be unclean until evening.
    20'Everything also on which she lies during her menstrual impurity shall be unclean, and everything on which she sits shall be unclean.
    21'Anyone who touches her bed shall wash his clothes and bathe in water and be unclean until evening.
    22'Whoever touches any thing on which she sits shall wash his clothes and bathe in water and be unclean until evening.
    23'Whether it be on the bed or on the thing on which she is sitting, when he touches it, he shall be unclean until evening.

How many law keepers do this?

Lev 19:19
    19'You are to keep My statutes. You shall not breed together two kinds of your cattle; )you shall not sow your field with two kinds of seed, nor wear a garment upon you of two kinds of material mixed together.

So much for dressing with cotton shirts and silk ties.

Lev 19:27
    27' You shall not round off the side-growth of your heads nor harm the edges of your beard.

So much for shaving.

Lev 19:30
    'You shall keep My sabbaths and revere My sanctuary; I am the LORD.

Keep the “Sabbaths” not just the 7th day.

Lev 19:32
    32 'You shall rise up before the grayheaded and honor the aged, and you shall revere your God; I am the LORD.

If you are a late sleeper or have a second shift Job you are in trouble.

Lev 20:9
    9' If there is anyone who curses his father or his mother, he shall surely be put to death; he has cursed his father or his mother, his bloodguiltiness is upon him.

Don’t forget to put to death those who curse their Father and Mother.

Lev 24:
    19' If a man injures his neighbor, just as he has done, so it shall be done to him:
    20 fracture for fracture, eye for eye, tooth for tooth; just as he has injured a man, so it shall be inflicted on him.

Don’t forget to break your neighbors face if he breaks yours.
    Lev 24:23

23Then Moses spoke to the sons of Israel, and they brought the one who had cursed outside the camp and stoned him with stones. Thus the sons of Israel did, just as the LORD had commanded Moses.

Lev 25:
    10'You shall thus consecrate the fiftieth year and proclaim a release through the land to all its inhabitants It shall be a jubilee for you, and each of you shall return to his own property, and each of you shall return to his family.
    11'You shall have the fiftieth year as a jubilee; you shall not sow, nor reap its aftergrowth, nor gather in from its untrimmed vines.

So when is the last time the Sabbath keepers kept the year of Jubilee?

Is it just the Sabbath? Why not all of them?

3:10  For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that **continueth not in all things** which are written in the book of the law to do them.

Our Sabbath rest is in him for we have ceased from our own works and yield to the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus who has made us free from the bondage of keeping the letter of the law.

Heb 4:3
    For we who have believed enter that rest, just as He has said, “AS I SWORE IN MY WRATH, THEY SHALL NOT ENTER MY REST,” although His works were finished from the foundation of the world.

There remains a rest for the people of God (the Jews) when the veil has been taken away and they look into the law of liberty.

:)

kenrch
    Participant

There remains a rest for the people of God (the Jews) when the veil has been taken away and they look into the law of liberty.

:laugh: :D
    Sorry WJ but you aren't a person of God?

kenrch
    Participant

Mat 5:27 Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery:
    Mat 5:28 But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

Hmm Doesn't look like the seventh commandment is done away with.

BUT WHERE IS THE SABBATH?

Mat 24:20 But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the Sabbath day:

Looks like Jesus expected the Sabbath to be kept 70 years after His resurrection.

THE SABBATH WAS MADE FOR THE JEWS!

Mar 2:27 And he said unto them, The Sabbath was made for man, and not man for the Sabbath:

Jesus said the Sabbath was made for men of God.

1Jo 2:4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

1Jo 5:3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

Under the New Covenant we walk according to the guidance of the Holy Spirit and NOT the letter of the law.

You are guided by the Spirit six days but not on His Sabbath day?

ninety nine percent of the false Sabbath Sunday keepers watch football or just “do their thing” on their Sabbath.

So if that is what you want to do then I suggest you continue to keep Sunday the day of the R CC.

How can you expect to be in His presence all the time if you can't set one day aside for the Creator?

Do you reject the forth commandment of God?

Have I become your enemy for speaking the truth.

kejonn
    Participant

Ken,

The Sabbath was made for man? So if we say that the Sabbath has been abolished, are we then saying we are not man? :laugh:

What “species” do you want to be?

IM4Truth
    Participant

Ken You are the most horrible of Men that I have met in a long, long time. You cant stop accusing and judging others, can you? Who are you to do so? God? Only God can do that, I feel sorry for you because you have judged yourself by judging W.J.

Mrs.:blues: :blues: :blues:

Not3in1
    Participant

Better to pray for our brother's. Less dust is raised; love is easily covered.

:)

IM4Truth
    Participant

The first covenant that God made was with Noah

Gen. 6:17 “And behold, I Myself and bringing the flood of waters on the earth, to destroy from under heaven all flesh in which is the breath of life; and everything that is on the earth shall die.”
    verse 18 “But I will establish My covenant with you; and you will go into the ark–you, your sons, your wife,and your son's wives with you.

Then He made a Covenant with Abraham, promising Him to multiply Him exceedingly.

Gen. 17:2 ” And I will make My covenant between Me and you,and will multiply you exceedingly.”
    verse 4 “As for Me, behold, My covenant is with you, and you shall be a father of many nations.”

There are many more scriptures that speak of God making a covenant with Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.
    But the covenant that we refer to as the Old covenant that was given to Moses in

Exodus 24:12 Then the LORD said to Mose, come up to Me on the mountain and be there; and I will give you Tablets of stones, and the law and commandments which I have written that you may teach them.”

Exodus 31:16 “Therefore the children of Israel shall keep the Sabbath, to observe the Sabbath throughout their generations as a perpetual covenant.”

This shows that the Sabbath was made with the Israelites as a covenant, Period…
    verse 17 “It is a sign between Me and the children of Israel forever;…”

Exodus 32:15 “And Moses turned and went down from the mountain,and the two tablets of the Testimony were in His Hand. The tablets were written on both sides; on the one side and on the other they were written.”

Notice that the tablets were written on both sides. They not only contained the Ten Commandments but the law as well.

Exodus 34:27 “Then the LORD said to Moses, write these words, for according to the tenor of these word I have made a covenant with you and with Israel.”
    verse 28 “So he was there with the LORD forty days days and forty nights; he neither ate bread nor drank water. And He wrote on the tablets the WORDS OF THE COVENANT, the TEN COMMANDMENTS.”

And now we come to the NEW COVENANT

Luke 22:20 “likewise He also took the cup after super, saying, THIS CUP IS THE NEW COVENANT IN MY BLOOD,WHICH IS SHED FOR YOU.”

This Jesus did the night before He died,the next day He sealed His new covenant with HIS BLOOD.
    Jesus became our High Priest and Mediator;
    Hebrews 7:12 “For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law.”

This is what Paul says about what happened to the Old covenant;
    Colossians 2:14 “Having wiped out the handwriting of requirements that was against us, which was contrary to us. And He has taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross.”

Romans 3:28 ” Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith apart from the deeds of the Law.”

Romans 6:14 ” For sin shall not have dominion over you, for you are not under law but under grace.”

Paul understood that the new covenant would be difficult to understand, He explained in;
    Romans 14:1 “Receive one who is weak in the faith, but not to disputes over doubtful things.”
    verse 2 for one believes He may eat all things, but he who is weak eat only vegetable.”
    verse 3 let not him who eats despise him who does not eat, and let not him who does not eat judge him who eats; for God has received him.”
    verse 5 “One person esteems one day above another; another esteems every day alike. Let each be fully convinced in his own mind.”
    verse 6 “He who observes the day,observes it to the Lord; and who does not observe the day, to the Lord he does not observe it. He who eats, eats to the Lord, for he gives God thanks; and he who does not eat, to the Lord he does not eat, and gives God thanks.”

Galatians 2:16 “Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the Law but by faith in Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Christ Jesus, that we might be justified by faith in Christ and not by the works of the law; for by the works of the law no flesh shall be justified.”
    verse 21 ” I do not set aside the grace of God; for if righteousness comes through the law, then Christ died in vain.”

Galatians 3:24 “Therefore the law was our tutor to bring us to Christ, that we might be justified by faith.”
    verse 26 “For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus.”

Galatians 5:18 “But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.”

Ephesians 2:8 “For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the Gift of God.”
    verse 9 ” Not of works, lest anyone should boast.”
    verse 15 “Having abolished in His flesh the enmity, that is, the law of commandment contained in ordinances, so as to create in Himself one new man from the two, thus making peace.”

Philippians 3:9 “And we found in Him, not having my own righteousness, which is from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which is from God by Faith

Peace and Love Mrs. :D :D :D

gladtidings
    Participant

(Continued from “Truth or Tradition” section “Jesus the name Baptizing” page 4:)

942 – and all.

The scriptures of the Old Testament beautifully develope the concept of the new birth [or salvation] that Jesus spoke of so often.

In John chapter 3, Jesus expected Nicodemas (who was a Pharisee & teacher of the Law) to understand these concepts as he spoke of them. However, as the record developes, Jesus becomes surprised that Nicodemas had not grasped these truths up unto that point of his career. Certainly, Jesus wouldn't lay an unrealistic expectation on Nicodemas; and in view of the fact that Nicodemas only had the Old Testament scriptures at his disposal, with these scriptures it must be available for us today to glean the truth that Jesus expects one to know about being born of the water and spirit.

OLD TESTAMENT DEVELOPEMENT of John 3:1-12:

In Isaiah 66:5-14, the prophet speaks of a time when Yahweh will judge Israel's ungodly priests and rulers (those who afflicted their own brethren with a prolonged misery). God offers comfort the humble ones who endured this tribulation with a wonderful promise in verses 7 & 8:

'Before she travailed, she brought forth; before her pain came, she was delivered of a man child. Who has heard such a thing? who has seen such things? Shall the earth be made to bring forth in a one day? or shall a nation be born at once? for as soon as Zion travailed, she brought forth her children. Shall I bring to the birth, and not cause to bring forth? saith the LORD: “shall I cause to bring forth and shut the womb?” saith the LORD.

The birth process described in these verses is rather quick. Evidently, there's no labor pain involved, for the baby comes out before the labor sets in. 'Who has heard of such a thing?” was a good question by the prophet. The point is, a whole nation of people are going to be born in a day; indeed, the earth will bring them forth!

the previous chapters of Isaiah really build up to this birthday of Zion with some wonderful prophecies relating to the regeneration (resurrection) of the nation.

Isaiah 60:19-22: The sun shall no longer be your light by day, Nor for brightness shall the moon give light, but the LORD will be your everlasting light….For the LORD shall be your everlasting light, and the days of your mourning shall be ended.' Also, your people shall be all righteous; They shall inherit the land forever, and branch of My planting, the work of My hands, that I may be glorified.”

Ezekial 37:1-14 (Valley of the dry bones) gives some specific details concerning the new birth. CONT'D

gladtidings
    Participant

(Continued from “Truth or Tradition” section “Jesus the name Baptizing” page 4:)

942 – and all.

The scriptures of the Old Testament beautifully develope the concept of the new birth [or salvation] that Jesus spoke of so often.

In John chapter 3, Jesus expected Nicodemas (who was a Pharisee & teacher of the Law) to understand these concepts as he spoke of them. However, as the record developes, Jesus becomes surprised that Nicodemas had not grasped these truths up unto that point of his career. Certainly, Jesus wouldn't lay an unrealistic expectation on Nicodemas; and in view of the fact that Nicodemas only had the Old Testament scriptures at his disposal, with these scriptures it must be available for us today to glean the truth that Jesus expects one to know about being born of the water and spirit.

OLD TESTAMENT DEVELOPEMENT of John 3:1-12:

In Isaiah 66:5-14, the prophet speaks of a time when Yahweh will judge Israel's ungodly priests and rulers (those who afflicted their own brethren with a prolonged misery). God offers comfort the humble ones who endured this tribulation with a wonderful promise in verses 7 & 8:

'Before she travailed, she brought forth; before her pain came, she was delivered of a man child. Who has heard such a thing? who has seen such things? Shall the earth be made to bring forth in a one day? or shall a nation be born at once? for as soon as Zion travailed, she brought forth her children. Shall I bring to the birth, and not cause to bring forth? saith the LORD: “shall I cause to bring forth and shut the womb?” saith the LORD.

The birth process described in these verses is rather quick. Evidently, there's no labor pain involved, for the baby comes out before the labor sets in. 'Who has heard of such a thing?” was a good question by the prophet. The point is, a whole nation of people are going to be born in a day; indeed, the earth will bring them forth!

the previous chapters of Isaiah really build up to this birthday of Zion with some wonderful prophecies relating to the regeneration (resurrection) of the nation.

Isaiah 60:19-22: The sun shall no longer be your light by day, Nor for brightness shall the moon give light, but the LORD will be your everlasting light….For the LORD shall be your everlasting light, and the days of your mourning shall be ended.' Also, your people shall be all righteous; They shall inherit the land forever, and branch of My planting, the work of My hands, that I may be glorified.”

Ezekial 37:1-14 (Valley of the dry bones) gives some specific details concerning the new birth. CONT'D

IM4Truth
    Participant

Gladtidings this tread is about the Covenants not about the rebirth or whatever you are trying to say here. Jesus was born of Mary, yes. He also preexisted before then, yes. But those are all other treads and you need to go to the right one.

Peace and Love Mrs.

Not3in1
    Participant

Gladtidings – WELCOME!

Thanks for sharing and I hope to hear more from you. Did you bring the above information from the truthortradition.com website? I'm just curious because I visit their site often and enjoy their research.

gladtidings
    Participant

Hey Mandy!

Yeah, I stole every bit of this info. from the Truth or Tradition site. (Glad Tidings is Pat..Ha! I changed my username.)

Anyway, I'm GLAD your are here, and I'm looking forward to your comments.

gladtidings
    Participant

Dear IM4Truth-

Having considered your objection my posting here, may ask you explain how is it that the topic of the New Birth is unrelated to Biblical covenants???

Isaiah 55:3: “Incline your ear, and come to Me. Hear, and your soul shall live, And I will make an everlasting covenant with you – the sure mercies of David.”

From what I see in the scriptures, “the sure mercies of David” relate to the resurrection of not only David; but also of Jesus Christ under the Davidic Covenant. (Compare l Chronicles 17:10-13 with II Samuel 7:12-16.)

Acts 13:32 – 34: “And we declare to you glad tidings, – that the promise [based on covenant] which was made to the fathers, God has fulfilled this for us their children, in that He raised up Jesus. As it is also written in the second Psalm:

“You are my son, today I have begotten [gave birth to] you. And that HE RAISED HIM FROM THE DEAD, no more to return to corruption, He has spoken thus: “I will give you the sure mercies of David.” “Therefore, He also says in another Psalm:

“You will not allow your holy one to see corruption.”

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (gladtidings @ Oct. 25 2007,02:20)
    Hey Mandy!

Yeah, I stole every bit of this info. from the Truth or Tradition site.  (Glad Tidings is Pat..Ha! I changed my username.)

Anyway, I'm GLAD your are here, and I'm looking forward to your comments.

Right on, PAT! Good to hear from you again.

Yes, keep sharing this good information. I love the CES folks. Of course I don't agree with everything they teach, but then again, who agrees with everything a group believes. They are pretty on-track, if you ask me. I get their monthly tapes and listen to them when I'm doing the laundry (I dislike doing the laundry sooooooooooo much) :)

gladtidings
    Participant

OLD TESTAMENT DEVELOPEMENT OF JOHN 3:1-12 [CONT'D]

Before examaning Ezekial 37, I thought it might be in order at this point explain how the scriptures portray vivid associations of water and spirit being symbolically related to salvation.

The first miracle God performed for His people after their deliverance from Egypt was to turn bitter water – and therefore undrinkable – into sweet water.  Within a short time span after this, as the nation continued their desert travels, their blight of thirst came upon them again (Exodus 17:1-7)  And once again, God saved His people miraculously with water.

There's a notable ordinance that God instituted right after this first blight of thirst in Exodus 15:22 – 26.  In verse 25 it says:  “There He make a statute and an ordinance for them, and there He tested them and said, 'If you diligently heed the voice of the LORD your God and do what is right in His sight, give ear to His commandments and keep all His statutes, I will put none of the diseases on you which I have brought upon the Egyptians.  For I am the LORD who heals you.”

While it is true, that some of the diseases brought upon Egypt were probably due to God directly afflicting them.  (Like with the “botch of Egypt” = hemmoroids, as well as boils), it is equally true that a good majority of their diseases were brought on as a result of the plagues, by either having unclean water, or having no water at all.  (According to the International Red Cross, most diseases of third world countries are brought on by having unclean water.)

In essence, God is saying, “Look, if you keep my Word (statutes & ordinances), then I will keep you from all those water-borne diseases that came on Egypt.”

The very first Psalm gives some wonderful imagery of water, and its saving, healing, and sustaining qualities.  

In view of these other scriptures, there can be little doubt that the Israelites associated water with salvation:

Isaiah 55:1:  “Ho, everyone who thirsts Come to the Waters; And you who have no money….” v2:  “Why do you spend your money on what is not bread, and your wages for what does not satisfy?  Listen carefully to Me, and eat what is good, and let your soul delight itself in abundance [water is included in this abundance – verse 1]”

This section of scritpure addresses God's merciful dealings with Israel's plight in view to two distinct eras.  It was a message of hope both for the immediate need of the Israelite refugees, but it also pointed to a future era of time when God would lavish an abundance upon them that would literally never cost them a dime.  This era of time is during the time of the resurrection, or the time period noted in verse 3 as the time when He will have put His everlasting covenant with them into full effect [verse 3]  “The sure mercies do David”.    CONT'D

IM4Truth
    Participant

Gladtidings Please do not misunderstand me. What I belief is that what you are posting is more to the conception or preexisting tread then the Covenant The new Covenant was expressed in
    Luke 22:20 “Likewise He took the cup after super saying ” This cup is the new Covenant, which is shed for you.” It is all about the dead of our Lord and His resurrection rather then His birth. That is why I believe you first post belongs in another tread. But if you want to mix it up this is not my website. Be my guest. Peace and Love Mrs. :D :D :D

P.S. As far as Israel is concerned, they do not even belief in Christ right now, they will be grafted in again. (Romans)

Towshab
    Participant

The new covenant does not exist. This 'new covenant' was never made bu the God of Israel, it was a human contract between the apostate Paul and his roman cohorts.

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Towshab @ Oct. 25 2007,14:56)
    The new covenant does not exist. This 'new covenant' was never made bu the God of Israel, it was a human contract between the apostate Paul and his roman cohorts.

Towshab,
    Your name stands for something, doesn't it? I have seen what it stands for, and this is told to you so that you will know I have heard from God.

I believe you are a liar! Sent here to “bash without truth”. I don't usually make these types of accusations, in fact, some have teased me for being the politically correct one around here. But I feel that the Lord has given me a word of knowledge concerning you. And you are here soley to spread lies!

Beware brother's and sister's! This person is not of the Lord and in fact, he has never belonged to the Lord. He is here on a mission……

Viewing 20 posts - 341 through 360 (of 555 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account