Covenants

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 261 through 280 (of 555 total)
  • Author
    kenrch
    Participant

Quote (IM4Truth @ Sep. 17 2007,13:24)
    kEN  I wonder why I have to write the truth over and over again maybe somebody will listen again. Mandy finally understood. You have like I said before 3 quarter in the New and 1 quarter in  the old, and do not see it. Just like Laurel cant see it.
    Paul
    Romans 14:5 ” One Person esteems on day above another and another person esteems every day alike.
    Let every person be convinced in their own mind.

Roman6:23 For the wages of Sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in  Christ Jesus.

Ephesians 2:8 ” For by grace you have been saved through Faith and that not of yourself, it is the gift from God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Ken you know I was there were you are we kept the law in the W.W.C. of God. You say you keep it spiritual, but the Sabbath cannot be kept spiritual that is just it, it is a Physical day of rest.
    This is the last time I am going to say anything about it, because I do not want to get into it with you again.
    And we are not Lawless like you have claimed before. In fact it is some what harder to go by the Sermon on the Mount.
    So I do not want to get angry again my Brother, I will pray for you.
    It is really funny, my Husband and I have gotten so used to doing our cleaning etc. on Thursdays and Fridays that Saturdays we do no work anyway. A man is a man of good and bad habits.

But the essence is in Christ Jesus, we are to overcome and let the mind that was in Christ be in us. We are under His Blood. All the way. Not 3 quarter all the way.
    Keep His Commandments they come from the Father. Hear that Prophet (Jesus), He has fulfilled all, ALL. He is the Lord of the Sabbath too.
    I am the temple of God, the Holy Spirit of God lives in me, therefore I keep every day alike. And if you want to judge me in that, you are judging yourself.

Peace and Love Mrs.

Mrs when I say kept spiritual it is in the sense the way the other nine are kept.  No I don't mow the lawn or do the things I normally would during the week.  So in that respect I do keep the Sabbath physical but not under the Letter of the law as the WWCG did.  You can't fill your automobile you can't drive on the Sabbath.  This is where it is kept Spiritually  the Spirit lets you know what you can and cannot do.  The Spirit knows what pleases the Father.  We walk in the Spirit Not the flesh.

This is what makes the Sabbath a blessing and NOT a burden. You have MORE time to spend with our Father.  The apostles were able to pick corn on the Sabbath because Jesus said it was alright.  

Jesus made the law “spiritual” this includes the forth commandment.  

You know that Jesus did not speak words from himself but of the Father “If you love me keep my commandments”.

We are led by the Spirit this includes the Sabbath also.  The Spirit guides us on the Sabbath.  This is what I mean by Spiritual…not what man says but what the Spirit says to you on the Sabbath.

I believe the WWCG taught that the Sabbath was a sign that you were a child of God.  This past Sabbath I could hear all the lawn mowers running people doing what I would do on the day they rest the Harlot's day Sunday.  I felt like I was separated from the rest of the world who don't KNOW God.  Almost as though I had the lambs blood on my door post! :)

And I was safe in my house because I love and keep His commandments.

Again Jesus fulfilled the law concerning himself.

Answer this question Mrs I have asked it over and over but you never answer. Which of the Ten Commandments pointed to the coming Messiah?

Of course most of the scripture given except those that show the separation of the law is from the New Testament.  Are you living in the Old Testament?

After shown that there is a separation and the law Moses wrote was fulfilled then what else is there to tell.

God wrote the Ten Commandments that were placed inside the ark.  The law God gave Moses to write were placed outside the ark.
    The law God wrote, the Ten Commandments, were written in stone not paper.

Jesus fulfilled the laws concerning Himself Luke 24:27, 44.  End of story!  What else is there to say except that the law written in stone by God has not been fulfilled, nailed to the cross.

Heaven and earth has NOT passed away.

According to scripture when the New earth and heaven have come God's children will be “doing” the Commandments.

Rev 22:14  Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

The last day saints (would you say that this would be under the New Covenant?) will be keeping the Commandments of God.

Rev 14:12  Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

Jesus spoke of the destruction of Jerusalem 70 years in the future and expected people to be keeping the Sabbath. Seventy years after his resurrection and Jesus knew His people would be keeping the commandments.

Mat 24:20  But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the Sabbath day:

You may want to say they were Jews but Jesus said that the Sabbath was made for MAN.

How long can you deny scripture?

Some find it easy to keep pagan days but not the day God gave us to keep.  Don't you find something wrong with that?  I know I do!  :)

I'm not judging anyone it is the scripture that i have been pointing out that accuses you NOT ME.  I didn't write the scripture.

2Ti 3:16  All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

Peace,

Kenrch

Laurel
    Participant

Rom 11:25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

1Co 3:21 Therefore let no man glory in men. For all things are yours;
    1Co 3:22 Whether Paul, or Apollos, or Cephas, or the world, or life, or death, or things present, or things to come; all are yours;
    1Co 3:23 And ye are Christ's; and Christ is God's.

1Co 4:5 Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come, who both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will make manifest the counsels of the hearts: and then shall every man have praise of God.

Eph 1:21 Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come:

Col 2:16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:
    Col 2:17 Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

1Th 1:10 And to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead, even Jesus, which delivered us from the wrath to come.

1Ti 6:19 Laying up in store for themselves a good foundation against the time to come, that they may lay hold on eternal life.

Here I just listed a few places where WE CAN SEE that all is not fulfulled. THERE IS MORE TO COME!!!!!

Till heaven and earth pass not one jot or one tittle shall pass from the Torah, untill all is accomplished!!!!!

But, mostly Ken I liked your last post.
    Laurel

kenrch
    Participant

Here I just listed a few places where WE CAN SEE that all is not fulfulled. THERE IS MORE TO COME!!!!!

I would certainly PRAY that there is more to come :D

Peace and Love,

Ken

IM4Truth
    Participant

I FIND IT REALLY STRANGE THAT NOTHING MORE HAS COME, WHAT HAPPEND.??? ??? ???

Peace and Love Mrs.

Laurel
    Participant

Well Mrs. I guess when the Messiah returns to judge the living and the dead will be on His Father's time, and you'll just have to be patient!
    Laurel

IM4Truth
    Participant

The first covenant that God made was with Noah

Gen. 6:17 “And behold, I Myself and bringing the flood of waters on the earth, to destroy from under heaven all flesh in which is the breath of life; and everything that is on the earth shall die.”
    verse 18 “But I will establish My covenant with you; and you will go into the ark–you, your sons, your wife,and your son's wives with you.

Then He made a Covenant with Abraham, promising Him to multiply Him exceedingly.

Gen. 17:2 ” And I will make My covenant between Me and you,and will multiply you exceedingly.”
    verse 4 “As for Me, behold, My covenant is with you, and you shall be a father of many nations.”

There are many more scriptures that speak of God making a covenant with Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.
    But the covenant that we refer to as the Old covenant that was given to Moses in

Exodus 24:12 Then the LORD said to Mose, come up to Me on the mountain and be there; and I will give you Tablets of stones, and the law and commandments which I have written that you may teach them.”

Exodus 31:16 “Therefore the children of Israel shall keep the Sabbath, to observe the Sabbath throughout their generations as a perpetual covenant.”

This shows that the Sabbath was made with the Israelites as a covenant, Period…
    verse 17 “It is a sign between Me and the children of Israel forever;…”

Exodus 32:15 “And Moses turned and went down from the mountain,and the two tablets of the Testimony were in His Hand. The tablets were written on both sides; on the one side and on the other they were written.”

Notice that the tablets were written on both sides. They not only contained the Ten Commandments but the law as well.

Exodus 34:27 “Then the LORD said to Moses, write these words, for according to the tenor of these word I have made a covenant with you and with Israel.”
    verse 28 “So he was there with the LORD forty days days and forty nights; he neither ate bread nor drank water. And He wrote on the tablets the WORDS OF THE COVENANT, the TEN COMMANDMENTS.”

And now we come to the NEW COVENANT

Luke 22:20 “likewise He also took the cup after super, saying, THIS CUP IS THE NEW COVENANT IN MY BLOOD,WHICH IS SHED FOR YOU.”

This Jesus did the night before He died,the next day He sealed His new covenant with HIS BLOOD.
    Jesus became our High Priest and Mediator;
    Hebrews 7:12 “For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law.”

This is what Paul says about what happened to the Old covenant;
    Colossians 2:14 “Having wiped out the handwriting of requirements that was against us, which was contrary to us. And He has taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross.”

Romans 3:28 ” Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith apart from the deeds of the Law.”

Romans 6:14 ” For sin shall not have dominion over you, for you are not under law but under grace.”

Paul understood that the new covenant would be difficult to understand, He explained in;
    Romans 14:1 “Receive one who is weak in the faith, but not to disputes over doubtful things.”
    verse 2 for one believes He may eat all things, but he who is weak eat only vegetable.”
    verse 3 let not him who eats despise him who does not eat, and let not him who does not eat judge him who eats; for God has received him.”
    verse 5 “One person esteems one day above another; another esteems every day alike. Let each be fully convinced in his own mind.”
    verse 6 “He who observes the day,observes it to the Lord; and who does not observe the day, to the Lord he does not observe it. He who eats, eats to the Lord, for he gives God thanks; and he who does not eat, to the Lord he does not eat, and gives God thanks.”

Galatians 2:16 “Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the Law but by faith in Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Christ Jesus, that we might be justified by faith in Christ and not by the works of the law; for by the works of the law no flesh shall be justified.”
    verse 21 ” I do not set aside the grace of God; for if righteousness comes through the law, then Christ died in vain.”

Galatians 3:24 “Therefore the law was our tutor to bring us to Christ, that we might be justified by faith.”
    verse 26 “For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus.”

Galatians 5:18 “But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.”

Ephesians 2:8 “For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the Gift of God.”
    verse 9 ” Not of works, lest anyone should boast.”
    verse 15 “Having abolished in His flesh the enmity, that is, the law of commandment contained in ordinances, so as to create in Himself one new man from the two, thus making peace.”

Philippians 3:9 “And we found in Him, not having my own righteousness, which is from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which is from God by Faith.

Peace and Love Mrs.:D :D :D

IM4Truth
    Participant

Mark 12:29 “THE FIRST COMMANDMENT IS HEAR O ISRAEL THE LORD OUR GOD THE LORD IS ONE
    Verse 30 'AND YOU SHALL LOVE THE LORD WITH ALL OF YOUR HEART,WITH ALL OF YOUR SOUL,WITH ALL OF YOUR STRENGHT THIS IS THE FIRST COMMANDMENT.
    VERSE 31 ” And THE SECOND, LIKE IT,IS THIS: YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF.'

THERE IS NO OTHER COMMANDMENT GREATER THEN THESE.

Jesus said to the Apostles;
    John 13:34 “A NEW COMMANDMENT I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another.
    John 15:12 “This is MY COMMANDMENT, that you love one another.”

I wonder why Jesus said that twice?

1 John 4:7 “Beloved, let us love one another, for love is of God; and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God.”
    verse 8 He who does not love does not know God, for God is Love.
    verse 9 In this the love of God was manifested toward us, that God has send His only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through Him.
    verse 10 In this is love, not that we love God, but that He loves us and send His Son to be the propitiation for our sins.
    verse 11 Beloved if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another
    verse 18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves torment. But he who fears has not been made perfect in love.
    verse 20 If someone said I love God, and hates his brother he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother who he has seen, how can he love God whom he has not seen?

Romans 13:10 “Love does no harm to a neighbor; therefore love is the fulfillment of the Law.”

This is what grace is all about, LOVE.
    This is what the new law is, Love.
    If we love God, we don't just love and honor Him one day of the week, we love and honor Him every day. God wants children that Love Him, not fear Him. If we do anything because we think we have to, we put ourselves under a law, not God; it is then not of faith but of fear.
    The Apostles preached the gospel of love, not of law.
    If we love God, we don't need for commandments to tell us how.
    If we love our neighbor, we don't need six commandments to tell us how.
    If we don't love from the heart, keeping the fourth or any of the other commandments only, wont save us.

Love is what the new covenant law is built on. Jesus not only laid the foundation for the new law, Love
    He is the foundation; for us and everyone to built up on it.
    John 15:13 “Greater love has no one then this, then to lay down one”s life for his friends.”

Peace and Love Mrs.

kenrch
    Participant

WHAT IS THE FRUIT OF THIS LOVE?

1Jo 5:3 “For this is the love of God”……… “that we keep his commandments”. “And his commandments are not burdensome”.

2Jo 1:6 “And this is love, that we walk according to his commandments”; ” this is the commandment”, ” just as you have heard from the beginning, so that you should walk in it”.

Does the love of Christ gives us the right to break His Father's commandments? When scripture says That's what Love for the Father is!

Joh 14:15 “If you love me, you will keep my commandments.

God wrote TEN COMMANDMRNTS in stone the rest of the law was given to Moses to write.

Deu 10:4 And he [GOD] wrote on the tablets, in the same writing as before,…..** the Ten Commandments.**… that the LORD had spoken to you on the mountain out of the midst of the fire on the day of the assembly. And the LORD gave them to me.

Deu 5:6-21 gives the Ten commandments again then:

Deu 5:22 “These words the LORD spoke to all your assembly at the mountain out of the midst of the fire, the cloud, and the thick darkness, with a loud voice; **and he added no more**. And he wrote them on two tablets of stone and gave them to me.

End of story :D

Ken

kenrch
    Participant

If you love your parents do you disobey them?

Rom 8:6 To set the mind on the flesh is death, but to set the mind on the Spirit is life and peace.
    Rom 8:7 For the mind that is set on the flesh is hostile to God, for it does not submit to God's law; indeed, it cannot.

What would be so horrible about keeping the Father's commandments?

According to “Paul” those who's mind is on flesh “cannot submit to God's law”.

Would Satan *want* you to keep God's commandments?

Would Satan teach *NOT* to keep God's cammandments as he did in eden with Eve, Gen 3:1-7?

Please, a babe can answer these questions. Ask any babe in the Lord and he will tell you there are Ten commandments. Ask any babe If God would want you to break His commandments :)

Or is it If you *don't* love God you keep His Commandments? :)

If your child said I didn't follow your rule because I love you; would you believe him? :)

God bless all,

Ken

IM4Truth
    Participant

TO ALL
    BY ALL MEANS KEEP THE COMMANDMENTS THAT JESUS GAVE US WHICH ARE THE GREATEST COMMANDMENTS OF ALL. ” LOVE GOD WITH ALL OF YUR HEART AND YOUR NEIGHBOR AS THYSELF. NOT JUST ON THE SABBATH LIKE THRE SCRIBES AND PHAROSEES DID, BUT EVERY DAY. YOU HAVE THE HOLY SPIRIT LIVING IN YOU AND THEREFORE YOU ARE THE TEMPLE OF GOD AND A HOLY PEOPLE.

PEACE AND LOVE MRS.:D :D :D

IM4Truth
    Participant

Bump

IM4Truth
    Participant

Mark 12:29 “THE FIRST COMMANDMENT IS HEAR O ISRAEL THE LORD OUR GOD THE LORD IS ONE
    Verse 30 'AND YOU SHALL LOVE THE LORD WITH ALL OF YOUR HEART,WITH ALL OF YOUR SOUL,WITH ALL OF YOUR STRENGHT THIS IS THE FIRST COMMANDMENT.
    VERSE 31 ” And THE SECOND, LIKE IT,IS THIS: YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF.'

THERE IS NO OTHER COMMANDMENT GREATER THEN THESE.

Jesus said to the Apostles;
    John 13:34 “A NEW COMMANDMENT I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another.
    John 15:12 “This is MY COMMANDMENT, that you love one another.”

I wonder why Jesus said that twice?

1 John 4:7 “Beloved, let us love one another, for love is of God; and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God.”
    verse 8 He who does not love does not know God, for God is Love.
    verse 9 In this the love of God was manifested toward us, that God has send His only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through Him.
    verse 10 In this is love, not that we love God, but that He loves us and send His Son to be the propitiation for our sins.
    verse 11 Beloved if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another
    verse 18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves torment. But he who fears has not been made perfect in love.
    verse 20 If someone said I love God, and hates his brother he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother who he has seen, how can he love God whom he has not seen?

Romans 13:10 “Love does no harm to a neighbor; therefore love is the fulfillment of the Law.”

This is what grace is all about, LOVE.
    This is what the new law is, Love.
    If we love God, we don't just love and honor Him one day of the week, we love and honor Him every day. God wants children that Love Him, not fear Him. If we do anything because we think we have to, we put ourselves under a law, not God; it is then not of faith but of fear.
    The Apostles preached the gospel of love, not of law.
    If we love God, we don't need for commandments to tell us how.
    If we love our neighbor, we don't need six commandments to tell us how.
    If we don't love from the heart, keeping the fourth or any of the other commandments only, wont save us.

Love is what the new covenant law is built on. Jesus not only laid the foundation for the new law, Love
    He is the foundation; for us and everyone to built up on it.
    John 15:13 “Greater love has no one then this, then to lay down one”s life for his friends.”

Peace and Love Mrs.

kejonn
    Participant

Quote (IM4Truth @ Oct. 01 2007,20:27)
    The first covenant that God made was with Noah

Gen. 6:17 “And behold, I Myself and bringing the flood of waters on the earth, to destroy from under heaven all flesh in which is the breath of life; and everything that is on the earth shall die.”
    verse 18  “But I will establish My covenant with you; and you will go into the ark–you, your sons, your wife,and your son's wives with you.

Then He made a Covenant with Abraham, promising Him to multiply Him exceedingly.

Gen. 17:2 ” And I will make My covenant between Me and you,and will multiply you exceedingly.”
    verse 4 “As for Me, behold, My covenant is with you, and you shall be a father of many nations.”

There are many more scriptures that speak of God making a covenant with Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.
    But the covenant that we refer to as the Old covenant that was given to Moses in

Exodus 24:12 Then the LORD said to Mose, come up to Me on the mountain and be there; and I will give you Tablets of stones, and the law and commandments which I have written that you may teach them.”

Exodus 31:16  “Therefore the children of Israel shall keep the Sabbath, to observe the Sabbath throughout their generations as a perpetual covenant.”

Here will be the breakpoint. The reason I wanted to stop here is the word “perpetual”. It basically means everlasting. So, in essence, it goes on and on. And is still valid today for the children of Israel.

Let me ask you, do you think that a child of Israel who accepts Christ leaves the covenant of the Sabbath? Maybe so, but this verse says it is perpetual. This is how the ESV translates the above verse:

Exo 31:16 (ESV)  Therefore the people of Israel shall keep the Sabbath, observing the Sabbath throughout their generations, as a covenant forever.

So does a Christian Jew stop being a Jew? Next, is the God of Israel not also the God of Christianity?

This shows that the Sabbath was made with the Israelites as a covenant, Period…
    verse 17 “It is a sign between Me and the children of Israel forever;…”

Exodus 32:15  “And Moses turned and went down from the mountain,and the two tablets of the Testimony were in His Hand.  The tablets were written on both sides; on the one side and on the other they were written.”

Notice that the tablets were written on both sides. They not only contained the Ten Commandments but the law as well.

Hmmm, I don’t think so. Only the 10 Commandments. What makes you think the law was written on them? This is speculation at best.

Exodus 34:27  “Then the LORD said to Moses, write these words, for according to the tenor of these word I have made a covenant with you and with Israel.”
    verse 28 “So he was there with the LORD forty days days and forty nights; he neither ate bread nor drank water. And He wrote on the tablets the WORDS OF THE COVENANT, the TEN COMMANDMENTS.”

See? The Ten Commandments were the covenant. And it says here that only the Ten Commandments were on the tablets.

And now we come to the NEW COVENANT

Luke 22:20 “likewise He also took the cup after super, saying, THIS CUP IS THE NEW COVENANT IN MY BLOOD,WHICH IS SHED FOR YOU.”

The key to this is that Yeshua’s blood has forever replaced the blood of sacrifices. The sin debt is the focus of the new covenant, not the elimination of any commandments – only the penalty for not obeying.

If I told you had to do something or be punished, would you do it with love in your heart? For instance, would you rather that one of your children did something for you out of love, or out of selfishness, perhaps to gain favor or even avoid punishment? The Jewish leaders of Yeshua’s day were doing just that: they sought to obey the law out of selfish motives, not out of love for God. That is what Yeshua came to change. That is why he showed what it really meant to obey the commandment “Thou shall not murder”. Its all in the heart of the matter.

Think of a prevalent sin in our day: pornography. Do you think that those addicted to porn start out viewing it, or do they start out small, with the cover of fashion magazines showing scantily clad models? Sin is like that. Flee from temptation.

This Jesus did the night before He died,the next day He sealed His new covenant with HIS BLOOD.
    Jesus became our High Priest and Mediator;
    Hebrews 7:12  “For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law.”

Read on to see what this is all about

Heb 7:28  For the Law appoints men as high priests who are weak, but the word of the oath, which came after the Law, appoints a Son, made perfect forever.
    Here is the change that is spoken of in v12. No longer is there a need for a priest to perform the sacrifices, because Yeshua is our High Priest who has sacrificed himself .

This is what Paul says about what happened to the Old covenant;
    Colossians 2:14 “Having wiped out the handwriting of requirements that was against us, which was contrary to us. And He has taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross.”

Romans 3:28 ” Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith apart from the deeds of the Law.”

Romans 6:14 ” For sin shall not have dominion over you, for you are not under law but under grace.”

Paul understood that the new covenant would be difficult to understand, He explained in;
    Romans 14:1 “Receive one who is weak in the faith, but not to disputes over doubtful things.”
    verse 2 for one believes He may eat all things, but he who is weak eat only vegetable.”
    verse 3 let not him who eats despise him who does not eat, and let not him who does not eat judge him who eats; for God has received him.”
    verse 5 “One person esteems one day above another; another esteems every day alike. Let each be fully convinced in his own mind.”
    verse 6 “He who observes the day,observes it to the Lord; and who does not observe the day, to the Lord he does not observe it. He who eats, eats to the Lord, for he gives God thanks; and he who does not eat, to the Lord he does not eat, and gives God thanks.”

Galatians 2:16 “Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the Law but by faith in Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Christ Jesus, that we might be justified by faith in Christ and not by the works of the law; for by the works of the law no flesh shall be justified.”
    verse 21 ” I do not set aside the grace of God; for if righteousness comes through the law, then Christ died in vain.”

Galatians 3:24 “Therefore the law was our tutor to bring us to Christ, that we might be justified by faith.”
    verse 26 “For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus.”

Galatians 5:18 “But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.”

Ephesians 2:8 “For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the Gift of God.”
    verse 9 ” Not of works, lest anyone should boast.”
    verse 15 “Having abolished in His flesh the enmity, that is, the law of commandment contained in ordinances, so as to create in Himself one new man from the two, thus making peace.”

Philippians 3:9 “And we found in Him, not having my own righteousness, which is from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which is from God by Faith.

Peace and Love Mrs.:D :D :D

I think that there is a major disconnect with most Christians. The fail to realize that faith in Yeshua is what leads us to obey God, not mere obedience in and of itself. If we obey the Ten Commandments but don’t know the Savior, we have missed the mark. This can be extended to anything we find written in scripture. The Church of Ephesus found in Revelation is our prime example. They were doing well in works, but they had forgotten why they were doing them. The same can be said of the Jews. They thought they were righteous by keeping all of God’s commandments, but they didn’t really know why they were doing them. Thus there has to be a proper balance. We do the things we do because we love God and His Son, not because we will receive rewards or to avoid punishment. Serving God should be a joy in and of itself.

LG & LP,
    Kevin

kejonn
    Participant

Mrs,

What does this passage mean to you?

2Ti 3:14 You, however, continue in the things you have learned and become convinced of, knowing from whom you have learned them,
    2Ti 3:15 and that from childhood you have known the sacred writings which are able to give you the wisdom that leads to salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.
    2Ti 3:16 All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness;
    2Ti 3:17 so that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work.

ALivingStone
    Participant

Quote (kejonn @ Oct. 03 2007,03:25)
    I think that there is a major disconnect with most Christians. The fail to realize that faith in Yeshua is what leads us to obey God, not mere obedience in and of itself. If we obey the Ten Commandments but don’t know the Savior, we have missed the mark. This can be extended to anything we find written in scripture. The Church of Ephesus found in Revelation is our prime example. They were doing well in works, but they had forgotten why they were doing them. The same can be said of the Jews. They thought they were righteous by keeping all of God’s commandments, but they didn’t really know why they were doing them. Thus there has to be a proper balance. We do the things we do because we love God and His Son, not because we will receive rewards or to avoid punishment. Serving God should be a joy in and of itself.

LG & LP,
    Kevin

I agree. Christians in general see the law as the enermy.That is why they have invented the term legalist to ostrasize any one who loves the law. Only love and grace are 'allowed' to be emphasized.

But the law is only the enermy of those who are condemed under it.

Rom 8:1 [There is] therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Jhn 3:19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

Sinners need to know they are under condemnation or how can they repent of their sins. And we who are being saved need it to or we lose the fear of the Lord and return to every man doing what is right in his own eyes.

i.e no absolute truth

These are of course the days in which we live. If every christian has his own truth then how can we be united into one body of Christ. This is why christianity is a laughing stock because even the heathen know instictively that a house divided against itself will not prosper. or enen stand.

IM4Truth
    Participant

Keyonn I wonder if you not missing the whole point of the New Covenant. But let me answer your Question first. When Paul gave us His letters, i believe that He got all the Good News from Jesus. So when He says to continue in the things that you have learned , He did not think that He meant scriptures of the old Testament, because Jesus had given them the Good News already. Jesus had died for us. Training in righteousness. What righteousness is He talking about? I believe the righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ. I belief that is the only way one can obtain righteousness. We live in the Spirit, the Holy Spirit is our guide. We are the temple of God. To me all days are Holy to the Lord, not just the Sabbath. That is just it. Everybody thinks we have to keep something. Are you not so Indoctrinated that you cant get away from it all. Jesus is teaching us Love every day, not once a week. If we love we get well equipped for every good works, because then we do it out of Love and not out of fear to keep just the Sabbath. If you listen really close to those tapes of yours, is it not all scare tactics, be honest with yourself, Keyonn. I am not writing this for me. I know were I am at, I am living in the Lord Jesus Christ. And only that can make me righteous, and I will obtain eternal life a gift that is from God through faith in Jesus Christ. That is also how Sin is not imputed to us. But I better add that it does not give us a license to Sin, and we would not anyways if we have love in our hearts.

Peace and Love Mrs.

IM4Truth
    Participant

Aliving Stone What is the teaching of Jesus the Son of God. He only spoke and said what the Father wanted Him too.
    So it is in full agreement with the Father. First He gave us the Greatest Commandments of all, then He taught us what is expected of us on the Sermon on the Mount. And what did He say;”The road is steep and Few will find it.” ” FEW WILL FIND IT.' I see now I know why so few agree with me. Not that I say I have walked on that Road, sorry to say that is something I just recentley fully understood. Sorry that I am old and unable to do much, but at least I can maybe teach somebody else to walk that road, I at least hope that I can. I hope you read the post I made for Keyonn.

Peace and Love Mrs.:) :) :)

kejonn
    Participant

Quote (IM4Truth @ Oct. 02 2007,12:23)
    Keyonn I wonder if you not missing the whole point of the New Covenant. But let me answer your Question first. When Paul gave us His letters, i believe that He got all the Good News from Jesus. So when He says to continue in the things that you have learned , He did not think that He meant scriptures of the old Testament, because Jesus had given them the Good News already. Jesus had died for us. Training in righteousness. What righteousness is He talking about? I believe the righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ. I belief that is the only way one can obtain righteousness. We live in the Spirit, the Holy Spirit is our guide. We are the temple of God. To me all days are Holy to the Lord, not just the Sabbath. That is just it. Everybody thinks we have to keep something. Are you not so Indoctrinated that you cant get away from it all. Jesus is teaching us Love every day, not once a week. If we love we get well equipped for every good works, because then we do it out of Love and not out of fear to keep just the Sabbath. If you listen really close to those tapes of yours, is it not all scare tactics, be honest with yourself, Keyonn. I am not writing this for me. I know were I am at, I am living in the Lord Jesus Christ. And only that can make me righteous, and I will obtain eternal life a gift that is from God through faith in Jesus Christ. That is also how Sin is not imputed to us. But I better add that it does not give us a license to Sin, and we would not anyways if we have love in our hearts.

Peace and Love Mrs.

Mrs,

I am not missing the point. I do not seek righteousness in the Law, or any other commandments. My righteousness is as filthy rags and only the blood of Yeshua can wash my garments so I can be presented before the Father. Yet that does not mean that I do not seek ways to show my love.

Here's another question for you: as you come to know someone, and you discover what they like and dislike, don't you tend to avoid the dislikes and seek out the likes? You do that if you love the person. So how do we find out what God likes and dislikes? We have to go to scripture. Let's look at those verse again:

2Ti 3:14  You, however, continue in the things you have learned and become convinced of, knowing from whom you have learned them,
    2Ti 3:15  and that from childhood you have known the sacred writings which are able to give you the wisdom that leads to salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.
    2Ti 3:16  All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness;
    2Ti 3:17  so that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work.

Do you know that Paul's many Epistles actually predated the writing of some of the Gospels? So the Scripture spoken of in 2 Tim 3:16 is the only scripture available at the time: The Tanakh (OT). What does it say in v15? That Timothy had been studying scripture since childhood! Plus, his mother was a Jewish Christian, so it is almost certain that she exposed Timothy to Jewish scripture.

On another note, I think the reason that people miss the teaching of the Sabbath is that they go to one extreme or the other. Its not about being righteous, its about seeking to please God. You like to stress the greatest two commandments, but how do we show God our love? Surely it is more than just saying so. Therefore, He laid aside one day a week where we focus on Him.

I don't want to stray further into the Sabbath because it has its own thread but I do want you to realize that Laurel was right in one aspect: the New Covenant is not really new in the sense that it is a wholesale replacement of the old. Think of any product that says “new and improved” — usually its just a minor change. Well, the New Covenant is similar except the changes are major, but that does not mean many things are done away with.

The changes to the NC are that Yeshua is our only necessary High Priest. He is also our sacrifice for sins. The NC also replaces the penalty for sin so that we need no focus on obeying to avoid punishment. Yet that does not give us license to do what we wish.

Eph 2:8  For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God;
    Eph 2:9  not as a result of works, so that no one may boast.
    Eph 2:10  For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them.

We do not obtain righteousness or salvation by our works, but our faith in Christ allows us to do good works that bring us closer to God.

Find those things that please the Father and His Son, and do them to show how much you care for them. Don't do them to boast before men or God, but do them because the Father has done so much for you. I cannot even begin to repay God for sending His Son, and He continues to bless me anyway. Should I not do what I can to show my love toward Him?

LG & LP,
    Kevin

kenrch
    Participant

Find those things that please the Father and His Son, and do them to show how much you care for them. Don't do them to boast before men or God, but do them because the Father has done so much for you. I cannot even begin to repay God for sending His Son, and He continues to bless me anyway. Should I not do what I can to show my love toward Him?

1Jo 5:3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.
    2Jo 1:6 And this is love, that we walk after his commandments. This is the commandment, That, as ye have heard from the beginning, ye should walk in it.

AMEN!

Laurel
    Participant

You two guys are AWESOME!

Laurel

Viewing 20 posts - 261 through 280 (of 555 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account