Covenants

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 221 through 240 (of 555 total)
  • Author
    IM4Truth
    Participant

Ken I agree with Mandy, I was kind of chocked when I read what you said!!! Now I know what I have to do.

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (IM4Truth @ Sep. 09 2007,16:59)
    Ken I agree with Mandy, I was kind of chocked when I read what you said!!! Now I know what I have to do.

OK ??? I haven't the slightest idea what you are talking about but….OK :)

God bless you Mrs,

Ken

IM4Truth
    Participant

Ken You don't know what I mean?:D :D :D

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (IM4Truth @ Sep. 11 2007,00:46)
    Ken You don't know what I mean?:D :D :D

Mrs we disagree. So whatever it is you are speaking of to be honest I simply don't care… what you think of me.

I seek NO glory. I seek to serve God …not to be popular among men.

OK? :)

Peace,

Ken :)

Laurel
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ Sep. 09 2007,10:59)

Quote (kenrch @ Sep. 09 2007,10:08)
    No Laurel Sister baby honey sweetheart,

Uh oh…….

Not to worry Not3, that is his way of gently telling me I am wrong.

Ken there is only One Spirit. You gotta know that first. Then you can understand that all or part of it may dwell in someone or anyone, because Elohim wills it where ever He wills it, an in the porportion, and in the Way He sees it will be for the most good.

One other thing I want everyone to know is that YES there were those since the time of Adam, who were thaught of the Messiah and He is the Way from the beginning. No one come to the Father but by Him. Always and forever. This has not changed. How did they know of Him before He was born? They believed the Torah and the prophets!

Hope there is light on you all who read this.
    Laurel

Laurel
    Participant

Ken,
    One more thing before I sign out. The blood of animals NEVER covered sin, BUT was a “shadow of good things to come.” It was what that blood represented that covered their sin. Forgiveness has always come from Elohim through the Son.

Not3in1
    Participant

Laurel,

A bit of confusion in my mind this morning over the fact that the OT folks came to the Father through the Son. The Son wasn't given yet, so how could they have come through him; that is, approach God in his name? I had thought that the OT folks came to God through the Priests that were appointed to sacrifice for them? That they were not allowed to come into the holy of holies. However, we are able to approach the throne because the Son was given to us. Remember that Jesus went and preached to those in the days of Noah so that they would also have the opportunity to believe? Thanks.

IM4Truth
    Participant

Ken That statement that you just made that you do not care is not Christian and not according to the Royal Law that Jesus is teaching us. So to say that you don't care shows me a lot. Thank you for your compliment. We are all here to serve God if you believe it or not. We all seek and to say one does not care is a strong statement that is not from God, I can tell you that much. Nobody is seeking their own glory either. We would not be here, that is for sure.

I was referring to the statement you made to Laurel, that I was chocked about and I am surprised that Laurel said what she did, I do not agree with that. It was sexual. (Honey, Baby, Sweetheart) My Husband would probable be upset, if another man would say that to me. And to say it on a Christian Website and to think that it is a gentle way to show that she was wrong, blows me away.

Getting mighty tired of all your not caring what you write to people.

In spite of it all I will pray for you to start caring how you relate to others.

Peace and Love Mrs.:) :) :(

Laurel
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ Sep. 11 2007,03:55)
    Laurel,

A bit of confusion in my mind this morning over the fact that the OT folks came to the Father through the Son.  The Son wasn't given yet, so how could they have come through him; that is, approach God in his name?  I had thought that the OT folks came to God through the Priests that were appointed to sacrifice for them?  That they were not allowed to come into the holy of holies.  However, we are able to approach the throne because the Son was given to us.  Remember that Jesus went and preached to those in the days of Noah so that they would also have the opportunity to believe?  Thanks.

Thr reason you are suprised about the Messiah “always” being the “only” way to heaven is because you do not yet understand the He was from the begining, and I didn't understand this either until I studied the Feasts and learned that they were all about Y'shua and how Elohim keeps His promises. All things must be fulfilled by the Messiah.

Y'shua said no one has seen the Father except whom Y'shua has revealed Him to. I know that Moses spoke to Elohim face to face as a friend.

Laurel

Laurel
    Participant

Did I forget to say “by belief.”

Quote (Laurel @ Sep. 11 2007,17:32)

Laurel,

A bit of confusion in my mind this morning over the fact that the OT folks came to the Father through the Son.  The Son wasn't given yet, so how could they have come through him; that is, approach God in his name?  I had thought that the OT folks came to God through the Priests that were appointed to sacrifice for them?  That they were not allowed to come into the holy of holies.  However, we are able to approach the throne because the Son was given to us.  Remember that Jesus went and preached to those in the days of Noah so that they would also have the opportunity to believe?  Thanks.

Thr reason you are suprised about the Messiah “always” being the “only” way to heaven is because you do not yet understand the He was from the begining, and I didn't understand this either until I studied the Feasts and learned that they were all about Y'shua and how Elohim keeps His promises. All things must be fulfilled by the Messiah.

Y'shua said no one has seen the Father except whom Y'shua has revealed Him to. I know that Moses spoke to Elohim face to face as a friend.

Laurel

Laurel

You say…

Good point!

:)

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Laurel @ Sep. 11 2007,17:32)

Laurel,

Laurel

Hmmmm

I'll have to ponder this some more.

By the way, if you would like “editing” rights, all you have to do is post to “t8” and ask him. That way, if you see something you want to add or change in your posts, you can do it right away instead of having to add a new post.

Anyway, thanks again. Is your son enjoying being home? I sure wish this “war” was over. It needs to be.

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Laurel @ Sep. 11 2007,02:55)

Uh oh…….

Ken there is only One Spirit. You gotta know that first. Then you can understand that all or part of it may dwell in someone or anyone, because Elohim wills it where ever He wills it, an in the porportion, and in the Way He sees it will be for the most good.

One other thing I want everyone to know is that YES there were those since the time of Adam, who were thaught of the Messiah and He is the Way from the beginning. No one come to the Father but by Him. Always and forever. This has not changed. How did they know of Him before He was born? They believed the Torah and the prophets!

Laurel

Laurel if all we needed was the blood of animals to receive the Holy Spirit then why did Christ Die?

If “some” received the Holy Spirit and others did not. Then wouldn't God be a respecter of persons. They were all (including the Priest) “forgiven” for one year of their sins.

The apostles themselves did not receive the Holy Spirit until the Lamb of God was sacrificed.

Joh 20:22 And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost:

Act 1:4 And, being assembled together with them, commanded them that they should not depart from Jerusalem, but wait for the promise of the Father, which, saith he, ye have heard of me.

I thought the reason why we don't sacrifice animals is because we have the forgiveness of sins and the Holy Spirit. If those of the Old Testament had forgiveness of sins AND the Holy Spirit then why did Christ have to go through all what He did?

Act 1:5 For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence.

There is one “Holy Spirit” but scriptures seems to speak of other spirits.

Rev 5:6 And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth.

Exo 31:3 And I have filled him with the spirit of God, in wisdom, and in understanding, and in knowledge, and in all manner of workmanship,

Exo 31:4 To devise cunning works, to work in gold, and in silver, and in brass,
    Exo 31:5 And in cutting of stones, to set them, and in carving of timber, to work in all manner of workmanship.
    Exo 31:6 And I, behold, I have given with him Aholiab, the son of Ahisamach, of the tribe of Dan: and in the hearts of all that are wise hearted I have put wisdom, that they may make all that I have commanded thee;
    Exo 31:7 The tabernacle of the congregation, and the ark of the testimony, and the mercy seat that is thereupon, and all the furniture of the tabernacle,

**Here we have the spirit of God filled this person. But was it the Holy Spirit? This was a spirit of wisdom and understanding, knowledge of all manner of workmanship. A spirit of knowledge that he might perform certain works.

If this person received the “Holy Spirit” then why did Christ have to die? The only benefit is that we would not sacrifice animals but the “Gift of the Spirit” would stay the same?

I think I would just let you guys go ahead and do your thing every year Rather than send my Son to be punished and crucified.

Peace, :)

Ken

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (IM4Truth @ Sep. 11 2007,04:29)
    Ken That statement that you just made that you do not care is not Christian and not according to the Royal Law that Jesus is teaching us. So to say that you don't care shows me a lot. Thank you for your compliment. We are all here to serve God if you believe it or not.  We all seek and to say one does not care is a strong statement that is not from God, I can tell you that much. Nobody is seeking their own glory either. We would not be here, that is for sure.

I was referring to the statement you made to Laurel, that I was chocked about and I am surprised that Laurel said what she did, I do not agree with that. It was sexual. (Honey, Baby, Sweetheart) My Husband would probable be upset, if another man would say that to me. And to say it on a Christian Website and to think that it is a gentle way to show that she was wrong, blows me away.

Getting mighty tired of all your not caring what you write to people.

In spite of it all I will pray for you to start caring how you relate to others.

Peace and Love Mrs.:) :) :(

Mrs I really don't care THAT YOU DON'T BELIEVE what is truth. I can't worry about you not wanting truth. All I can do is pray for you. But I'm not going to “worry” about what you”think”.

Mrs what is the difference in love your neighbor as yourself and the last six commandments?

This is why I don't worry about what you think. The Royal law is nothing NEW. But no matter how many clear, plain, direct scriptures you are shown you continue to reject the truth. I can't make you drink the water!

For instance Mrs what do these scripture say?

1Jo 5:3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

2Jo 1:6 And this is love, that we walk after his commandments. This is the commandment, That, as ye have heard from the beginning, ye should walk in it.

I asked this before I don't recall receiving an answer.

I have given you all the scriptures and explained the scriptures WITH scriptures I can do no more. You are Jesus' problem NOT mine.

So what would be the point of my worrying about what you think of me.

My goal is to please GOD not men. Therefore if I have become your enemy for tell the truth, what am I to do? LIE for the sake of friendship?

Peace,

Ken

kenrch
    Participant

The Royal Law?

What is James speaking about. The chapter starts with concerns of people treating some people special.

Jam 2:1 My brethren, have not the faith of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Lord of glory, with respect of persons.
    Jam 2:2 For if there come unto your assembly a man with a gold ring, in goodly apparel, and there come in also a poor man in vile raiment;
    Jam 2:3 And ye have respect to him that weareth the gay clothing, and say unto him, Sit thou here in a good place; and say to the poor, Stand thou there, or sit here under my footstool:
    Jam 2:4 Are ye not then partial in yourselves, and are become judges of evil thoughts?
    Jam 2:5 Hearken, my beloved brethren, Hath not God chosen the poor of this world rich in faith, and heirs of the kingdom which he hath promised to them that love him?
    Jam 2:6 But ye have despised the poor. Do not rich men oppress you, and draw you before the judgment seats?
    Jam 2:7 Do not they blaspheme that worthy name by the which ye are called?
    Jam 2:8 If ye fulfil the royal law according to the scripture, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself, ye do well:

Certainly James quotes “you neighbor as yourself” because their were some gave special attention to the rich.

Love your neighbor as yourself is covered in the last six commandments. As Jesus said:

Mat 22:37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
    Mat 22:38 This is the first and great commandment.
    Mat 22:39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself.

Mat 22:40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

According to JESUS if you keep those two commandments then you will keep all of the Commandments.
    Peace and love :)

Ken

Not3in1
    Participant

Is the “law” that Paul speaks about the 10 Commandments?

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ Sep. 12 2007,04:19)
    Is the “law” that Paul speaks about the 10 Commandments?

1Co 7:19 Circumcision is nothing, and uncircumcision is nothing, but the keeping of the commandments of God.

What are the commandments of God? Well technically you could say all the law are God's commandments But we know that Jesus fulfilled the Law concerning Himself.

Luk 24:27 And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself.
    Luk 24:44 And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.

We know that God wrote “TEN” Commandments.

Deu 10:4 And he wrote on the tables, according to the first writing, the ten commandments, which the LORD spake unto you in the mount out of the midst of the fire in the day of the assembly: and the LORD gave them unto me.

God bless,

Ken

Laurel
    Participant

Quote (kenrch @ Sep. 12 2007,03:37)

Uh oh…….

Laurel

Laurel if all we needed was the blood of animals to receive the Holy Spirit then why did Christ Die?

If “some” received the Holy Spirit and others did not.  Then wouldn't God be a respecter of persons.  They were all (including the Priest) “forgiven” for one year of their sins.

The apostles themselves did not receive the Holy Spirit until the Lamb of God was sacrificed.

Joh 20:22  And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost:

Act 1:4  And, being assembled together with them, commanded them that they should not depart from Jerusalem, but wait for the promise of the Father, which, saith he, ye have heard of me.

I thought the reason why we don't sacrifice animals is because we have the forgiveness of sins and the Holy Spirit.  If those of the Old Testament had forgiveness of sins AND the Holy Spirit then why did Christ have to go through all what He did?

Act 1:5  For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence.

Rev 5:6  And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth.

Exo 31:3  And I have filled him with the spirit of God, in wisdom, and in understanding, and in knowledge, and in all manner of workmanship,

Exo 31:4  To devise cunning works, to work in gold, and in silver, and in brass,
    Exo 31:5  And in cutting of stones, to set them, and in carving of timber, to work in all manner of workmanship.
    Exo 31:6  And I, behold, I have given with him Aholiab, the son of Ahisamach, of the tribe of Dan: and in the hearts of all that are wise hearted I have put wisdom, that they may make all that I have commanded thee;
    Exo 31:7  The tabernacle of the congregation, and the ark of the testimony, and the mercy seat that is thereupon, and all the furniture of the tabernacle,

**Here we have the spirit of God filled this person.  But was it the Holy Spirit?  This was a spirit of wisdom and understanding, knowledge of all manner of workmanship.  A spirit of knowledge that he might perform certain works.

If this person received the “Holy Spirit” then why did Christ have to die?  The only benefit is that we would not sacrifice animals but the “Gift of the Spirit” would stay the same?

I think I would just let you guys go ahead and do your thing every year Rather than send my Son to be punished and crucified.

Ken

Why test me with foolishness? We all know the blood of animals “never” was an exceptable offering for covering sin. It has been and has always been about “belief.”

Heb 10:4 For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins.

Rom 4:16 Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all,

Heb 11:17 By faith Abraham, when he was tried, offered up Isaac: and he that had received the promises offered up his only begotten son,

Laurel
    Participant

One more note on the above topic of forgiveness, the Israelites before the time of the Messiah will be raised in the Last Great Day, just as all who are dead (asleep).

If they lived in the belief of the Messiah and worshiped YHWH, they like we, will see the kingdom of heaven.

There is no other Way.
    Laurel

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Laurel @ Sep. 13 2007,02:10)

Quote (kenrch @ Sep. 12 2007,03:37)

Uh oh…….

Laurel

If “some” received the Holy Spirit and others did not.  Then wouldn't God be a respecter of persons.  They were all (including the Priest) “forgiven” for one year of their sins.

Joh 20:22  And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost:

Act 1:4  And, being assembled together with them, commanded them that they should not depart from Jerusalem, but wait for the promise of the Father, which, saith he, ye have heard of me.

I thought the reason why we don't sacrifice animals is because we have the forgiveness of sins and the Holy Spirit.  If those of the Old Testament had forgiveness of sins AND the Holy Spirit then why did Christ have to go through all what He did?

Act 1:5  For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence.

Rev 5:6  And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth.

Exo 31:3  And I have filled him with the spirit of God, in wisdom, and in understanding, and in knowledge, and in all manner of workmanship,

Exo 31:4  To devise cunning works, to work in gold, and in silver, and in brass,
    Exo 31:5  And in cutting of stones, to set them, and in carving of timber, to work in all manner of workmanship.
    Exo 31:6  And I, behold, I have given with him Aholiab, the son of Ahisamach, of the tribe of Dan: and in the hearts of all that are wise hearted I have put wisdom, that they may make all that I have commanded thee;
    Exo 31:7  The tabernacle of the congregation, and the ark of the testimony, and the mercy seat that is thereupon, and all the furniture of the tabernacle,

**Here we have the spirit of God filled this person.  But was it the Holy Spirit?  This was a spirit of wisdom and understanding, knowledge of all manner of workmanship.  A spirit of knowledge that he might perform certain works.

If this person received the “Holy Spirit” then why did Christ have to die?  The only benefit is that we would not sacrifice animals but the “Gift of the Spirit” would stay the same?

Ken

Why test me with foolishness? We all know the blood of animals “never” was an exceptable offering for covering sin. It has been and has always been about “belief.”

Heb 10:4  For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins.

Rom 4:16  Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all,

Heb 11:17  By faith Abraham, when he was tried, offered up Isaac: and he that had received the promises offered up his only begotten son,

I'm sorry Sis but you say that the Old Covenant people had the Holy Spirit and were forgiven. Well Gee that is what we have isn't. The forgiveness of sin and the Holy Spirit. So again why did Jesus have to die? Jesus died JUST so we would not have to sacrifice animals is this the reason the Father sent His only begotten Son?

I do believe Jesus' sacrifice did more for us than the sacrifice of animals.

Heb 10:14 For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.
    Heb 10:15 Whereof the Holy Ghost also is a witness to us: for after that he had said before,
    Heb 10:16 This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;
    Heb 10:17 And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.
    Heb 10:18 Now where remission of these is, there is no more offering for sin.

Was the law written in the hearts of those according to you were forgiven, received the Holy Spirit for one year.

Were people in the Old Covenant Led by the Spirit?

Rom 8:14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

Did they as soon as they sinned repented and was forgiven “on the spot” without having to wait a year for a priest to sprinkle them with animal blood?

I'm sorry but I just don't see the point of the feast except to remind us of sin that we of the New Covenant have already been forgiven.

Peace Sis,

Ken

Viewing 20 posts - 221 through 240 (of 555 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account