Covenants

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 555 total)
  • Author
    IM4Truth
    Participant

Hello this is from Mrs. IM4Truth!

The first covenant that God made was with Noah

Gen. 6:17 “And behold, I Myself and bringing the flood of waters on the earth, to destroy from under heaven all flesh in which is the breath of life; and everything that is on the earth shall die.”
    verse 18 “But I will establish My covenant with you; and you will go into the ark–you, your sons, your wife,and your son's wives with you.

Then He made a Covenant with Abraham, promising Him to multiply Him exceedingly.

Gen. 17:2 ” And I will make My covenant between Me and you,and will multiply you exceedingly.”
    verse 4 “As for Me, behold, My covenant is with you, and you shall be a father of many nations.”

There are many more scriptures that speak of God making a covenant with Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.
    But the covenant that we refer to as the Old covenant that was given to Moses in

Exodus 24:12 Then the LORD said to Mose, come up to Me on the mountain and be there; and I will give you Tablets of stones, and the law and commandments which I have written that you may teach them.”

Exodus 31:16 “Therefore the children of Israel shall keep the Sabbath, to observe the Sabbath throughout their generations as a perpetual covenant.”

This shows that the Sabbath was made with the Israelites as a covenant, Period…
    verse 17 “It is a sign between Me and the children of Israel forever;…”

Exodus 32:15 “And Moses turned and went down from the mountain,and the two tablets of the Testimony were in His Hand. The tablets were written on both sides; on the one side and on the other they were written.”

Notice that the tablets were written on both sides. They not only contained the Ten Commandments but the law as well.

Exodus 34:27 “Then the LORD said to Moses, write these words, for according to the tenor of these word I have made a covenant with you and with Israel.”
    verse 28 “So he was there with the LORD forty days days and forty nights; he neither ate bread nor drank water. And He wrote on the tablets the WORDS OF THE COVENANT, the TEN COMMANDMENTS.”

And now we come to the NEW COVENANT

Luke 22:20 “likewise He also took the cup after super, saying, THIS CUP IS THE NEW COVENANT IN MY BLOOD,WHICH IS SHED FOR YOU.”

This Jesus did the night before He died,the next day He sealed His new covenant with HIS BLOOD.
    Jesus became our High Priest and Mediator;
    Hebrews 7:12 “For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law.”

This is what Paul says about what happened to the Old covenant;
    Colossians 2:14 “Having wiped out the handwriting of requirements that was against us, which was contrary to us. And He has taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross.”

Romans 3:28 ” Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith apart from the deeds of the Law.”

Romans 6:14 ” For sin shall not have dominion over you, for you are not under law but under grace.”

Paul understood that the new covenant would be difficult to understand, He explained in;
    Romans 14:1 “Receive one who is weak in the faith, but not to disputes over doubtful things.”
    verse 2 for one believes He may eat all things, but he who is weak eat only vegetable.”
    verse 3 let not him who eats despise him who does not eat, and let not him who does not eat judge him who eats; for God has received him.”
    verse 5 “One person esteems one day above another; another esteems every day alike. Let each be fully convinced in his own mind.”
    verse 6 “He who observes the day,observes it to the Lord; and who does not observe the day, to the Lord he does not observe it. He who eats, eats to the Lord, for he gives God thanks; and he who does not eat, to the Lord he does not eat, and gives God thanks.”

Galatians 2:16 “Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the Law but by faith in Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Christ Jesus, that we might be justified by faith in Christ and not by the works of the law; for by the works of the law no flesh shall be justified.”
    verse 21 ” I do not set aside the grace of God; for if righteousness comes through the law, then Christ died in vain.”

Galatians 3:24 “Therefore the law was our tutor to bring us to Christ, that we might be justified by faith.”
    verse 26 “For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus.”

Galatians 5:18 “But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.”

Ephesians 2:8 “For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the Gift of God.”
    verse 9 ” Not of works, lest anyone should boast.”
    verse 15 “Having abolished in His flesh the enmity, that is, the law of commandment contained in ordinances, so as to create in Himself one new man from the two, thus making peace.”

Philippians 3:9 “And we found in Him, not having my own righteousness, which is from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which is from God by Faith.

Peace with you all

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi and thanks IM4,
    Good work.
    Of course to be partakers of the new covenant you must come to Jesus to be reborn from above.
    The blood of the sacrificial lamb must wash us inwardly, cleansed with the forgiveness of God.
    We need the three testaments in heaven, as Jesus had.

1Jn 5
    “6This is he who came by water and blood–Jesus Christ; not by the water only but by the water and the blood. And the Spirit is the one who testifies, because the Spirit is the truth. 7For there are three that testify: 8the Spirit and the water and the blood; and these three agree.”

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 17 2007,10:44)
    Hi and thanks IM4,
    Good work.
    Of course to be partakers of the new covenant you must come to Jesus to be reborn from above.
    The blood of the sacrificial lamb must wash us inwardly, cleansed with the forgiveness of God.
    We need the three testaments in heaven, as Jesus had.

1Jn 5
    “6This is he who came by water and blood–Jesus Christ; not by the water only but by the water and the blood. And the Spirit is the one who testifies, because the Spirit is the truth. 7For there are three that testify: 8the Spirit and the water and the blood; and these three agree.”

Were the ten commandments nailed to the cross? Tell me which of the Ten Commandments have to do with the sacrifice of Christ.

Luk 24:44 And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.

Your Saviour said that until heaven and earth pass away the law would not change. Which law do you suppose He was speaking of; the law He fulfilled in Luke?

Mat 5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
    Mat 5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
    Mat 5:19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Was the law changed?

kenrch
    Participant

Mat 5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

Mat 5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

Wait a minute! Jesus is a liar! First He said He fulfilled the law THEN He says that the law would not change! :laugh:

Which of the Ten Commandments have to do with the sacrifice of YOUR SAVIOUR? Which law did Jesus fulfill and do away with? Did Jesus do away with “you can't murder?”

Which one? Or are we free to break then ALL? :)

IHN&L,

Ken

IM4Truth
    Participant

Ken No the Law has not changed, the letter of the law has changed. There are two sides to the tablet of the stone that God gave to Moses. It was the Ordinanses that Christ nailed to the cross, He is the perfect sacrifice.
    Christ fulfilled the Law and Magnified it. The sermon on the Mount tells us that If you are angry with your Brother, you have committed Murder in your Heart. If you lust after a woman you have committed adultery. etc. I am sure you have read the sermon O.T.M He says Love thy Neighbor as thyself. Also that Love is the fulfilment of the Law. If you Love you will not commit any of the ten commandments Sin. But we also have to remember what John teaches us. If you say that you are not a sinner, the truth is not in you. We are still Human we do not have all of Gods mind in us that Christ had when He walked this earth. God says tho let the mind that is in Christ Jesus be in you. So We must strife to overcome. Then he will have fulfilled a good work in us. By our self we would never be able to do it. But with Gods Holy spirit we can overcome.

Question: Do you believe we have to keep the Sabbath? Ore was that A sign between God and Israel? Why are there so many scriptures that say that we are under grace and not under the Law? No the Law has not changed, but Sin is not imputed to us because of Christ's sacrifice. Otherwise Christ would have died in Vain, it says. The Covenant did change however.

Peace Mrs. IM4Truth

IM4Truth
    Participant

Nick Thank you and you are right we have to be born from above and receive Gods Holy Spirit. That is how we become Brothers in Christ. I am so thankful to God that He send His Son, so we can have eternal Life.
    Peace Mrs.IM4truth

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (IM4Truth @ July 17 2007,13:30)
    Ken  No the Law has not changed, the letter of the law has changed. There are two sides to the tablet of the stone that God gave to Moses.  It was the Ordinanses that Christ nailed to the cross, He is the perfect sacrifice.  
    Christ fulfilled the Law and Magnified it.  The sermon on the Mount tells us that If you are angry with your Brother, you have committed Murder in your Heart.  If you lust after a woman you have committed adultery. etc.  I am sure you have read the sermon O.T.M He says Love thy Neighbor as thyself.  Also that Love is the fulfilment of the Law.  If you Love you will not commit any of the ten commandments Sin.  But we also have to remember what John teaches us.  If you say that you are not a sinner, the truth is not in you.   We are still Human we do not have all of Gods mind in us that Christ had when He walked this earth.  God says tho let the mind that is in Christ Jesus be in you. So We must strife to overcome.  Then he will have fulfilled a good work in us. By our self we would never be able to do it. But with Gods Holy spirit we can overcome.

Question: Do you believe we have to keep the Sabbath?  Ore was that A sign between God and Israel? Why are there so many scriptures that say that we are under grace and not under the Law?  No the Law has not changed, but Sin is not imputed to us because of Christ's sacrifice.  Otherwise Christ would have died in Vain, it says. The Covenant did change however.

Peace Mrs. IM4Truth

Amen Sister! And no I don't think you have to keep God's Sabbath Day! I think once you learn that the Ten are not done away with and that the Sabbath was changed by the Harlot (Dan 7:25) that you would want to keep His Sabbath rather than the Harlot's day. BTW all days are not the same God made six to do our thing, our earthly work but the seventh day he separated it, made it Holy, It's His day, the day He rested on, and He wants us to REMEMBER it.

The Sabbath is a DELIGHT! Our Father is not a monster! He loves us and wants to spend a WHOLE day with us, But as with everything if you are forced to keep the Sabbath then it is bondage. Every Sabbath day is Father's day! :) Don't you want your children to vist with you on father's day?

IHN&L,

Ken

kenrch
    Participant

MIM,

I don't understand your statement:

“There are two sides to the tablet of the stone that God gave to Moses. “

Deu 31:9 And Moses wrote this law, and delivered it unto the priests the sons of Levi, which bare the ark of the covenant of the LORD, and unto all the elders of Israel.

Then:

Deu 31:25 That Moses commanded the Levites, which bare the ark of the covenant of the LORD, saying,
    Deu 31:26 Take this book of the law, and put it in the side of the ark of the covenant of the LORD your God, that it may be there for a witness against thee.

God's Law the law He wrote was placed INSIDE THE ARK. Moses' law was placed IN THE Side of the ark. Deu. 10:1-5

1Ki 8:6 And the priests brought in the ark of the covenant of the LORD unto his place, into the oracle of the house, to the most holy place, even under the wings of the cherubims.

1Ki 8:9 There was nothing in the ark save the two tables of stone, which Moses put there at Horeb, when the LORD made a covenant with the children of Israel, when they came out of the land of Egypt.

Moses' law was not inside the ark but was placed outside the ark showing that Moses law would be fulfilled and done away with, Luke 24:44.

Peace MIM :)

IM4Truth
    Participant

Ken Read Exodus 32:15 that was the Law, and I believe that was nailed on the cross. Notice the tablets were written on both sides. Read my Post again. You quoted what the Law was and the only once who keeps that Law today are the Jewish People. Since you keep the Sabbath do you keep it in any Church or do you keep it at Home? I don't keep Sunday Holy like the Harlots. I don't keep Christmas or any other Holiday either. Especially not Halloween, which is coming up not to far of. Our grown Teenagers are already talking about it. It makes me sad.
    But you have not answered my other Question? I would like to hear your opinion on that. “Why are there so many scriptures that say that we are under grace?” And why does it say that the Sabbath was a sign between Israel and God? Do you believe that we are Israelites? In one of Paul's writing it Say's not to stop meeting like some have, but he did not admonish them for not keeping the Sabbath, because he went mainly to the Gentiles to teach them. So did they keep the Sabbath or not?

In Galatians 5:3 “And I testify again to every man who becomes circumcised “that he has to keep the whole Law.
    verse 4 You have become estranged from Christ, you who attempt to be justified by Law; you have fallen from grace.
    What is your understanding about these scriptures. Thank you
    Mrs.IM4Truth

IM4Truth
    Participant

Nick I would also would like your opinion about the Sabbath?

Mrs. IM4Truth

kenrch
    Participant

MIM,

In Galatians 5:3 “And I testify again to every man who becomes circumcised “that he has to keep the whole Law.
    verse 4 You have become estranged from Christ, you who attempt to be justified by Law; you have fallen from grace.
    What is your understanding about these scriptures.    Thank you

Which Law MIM?  Does keeping the ten commandments separate us from Christ?

What is grace?  Grace is (as if you didn't know) unmerited favor.  Jesus paid our debt.  So when you break God's law which is sin.

1Jo 3:4  Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

If we don't keep a feast day is it sin? What law is 1John speaking of?  What law was added because of trangression?

We are under grace so we don't have to keep feast days and ANNUAL Sabbaths that went with those sacrifical laws.  Jesus fulfilled that law.

Luk 24:44  And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.

If not when we sin we are not under the penility of the law which is death. But because Jesus fulfilled the law by fulfilling those sacrifical laws we are FORGIVEN. Under the Old Covenant they were not forgiven their sin was just covered with the blood of animals This Is The Law That Was Fulfilled By Jesus, Luke 24:44. This IS GRACE!

1Co 9:20  To the Jews I became as a Jew, in order to win Jews. To those under the law I became as one under the law (though not being myself under the law) that I might win those under the law.

Paul said he was not under the law that the Jews kept.

1Co 9:21  To them that are without law, as without law, (being not without law to God, but under the law to Christ,) that I might gain them that are without law.

Being NOT Without law to God, BUT…under the law of Christ.

What was the Law of Christ?  What is the Testimony of Christ? What law did Christ fulfill?

Rom 7:25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

Paul says that he was not without the law of God.

Here Paul says that he serves the law of God!

So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

Now wait a minute Paul who everyone says teaches that the Law of God was done away with SERVES THE LAW OF GOD with his mind. UH? There is a separation of Law! There is the law that was added because of trangression (breaking of God's law) that law was given to Moses and put IN THE SIDE of the ark. This is the law that Jesus fulfilled.

Mat 5:17  Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

Again which law did Jesus fulfill?

Luk 24:44  And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.

Mat 5:18  For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

Either Jesus is a liar OR….He's talking about a different law than HE fulfilled.  Has heaven and earth passed away?

Further more:

Mat 5:19  Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

QUESTION: Why did Peter say Paul's writings are hard to understand?

Because Paul on one hand says that Jesus fulfilled the law, did away with the law, Nailed it to the cross. Then Paul Himself says that he serves the LAW OF GOD with his mind.

Unless you understand that their IS a separation of law you will NEVER understand Paul's writings.

Listen to Peter:

2Pe 3:16  as he does in all his letters when he speaks in them of these matters. There are some things in them that are hard to understand, which the ignorant and unstable twist to their own destruction, as they do the other Scriptures.

2Pe 3:17  You therefore, beloved, knowing this beforehand, take care that you are not carried away with the error of lawless people and lose your own stability.

Sister I keep the Sabbath according to the Spirit NOT the letter.  Jesus made all of the Ten Commandment Law Spiritual.

It is only by the Spirit that we can keep God's law.

Rom 8:6  To set the mind on the flesh is death, but to set the mind on the Spirit is life and peace.
    Rom 8:7  For the mind that is set on the flesh is hostile to God, for it does not submit to God's law; indeed, it cannot.

Rom 3:31  Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

Worship in Spirit and Truth and obey in Spirit and Truth.

IHN&L,

Ken

Mr. Steve
    Participant

The Old Covenant was between God and natural Israel. The New Covenant is between God and all believers in Christ. Paul doesn't condemn those who which to set aside certain days he just says let every person be fully persuaded in his own mind. Romans 14:5 In the Acts of the Apostles, this issue was addressed in Chapters 8-12

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Mr. Steve @ July 18 2007,06:44)
    The Old Covenant was between God and natural Israel.  The New Covenant is between God and all believers in Christ.  Paul doesn't condemn those who which to set aside certain days he just says let every person be fully persuaded in his own mind. Romans 14:5  In the Acts of the Apostles, this issue was addressed in Chapters 8-12

Yes that is the new covenant. But did Jesus do away with His Father's Law?

Is it ok to break the forth commandment? Or any commandment?

GOD FORBID! Says the apostle who serves the law of God.
    Rom. 3:31, 7:25, 8:6-7; 1Cor 7:19, 9:21

LOVE fulfills the law. What is the fruit of that love for God?

1Jo 5:3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

If one does not keep God's law then that person sins, 1John 3:4.

Did Jesus die so we could SIN?

IM4Truth
    Participant

Ken the last sentence that you wrote was”Worship in Spirit and Truth and obey in spirit and in Truth.”
    Yes I agree with that completely. But do you still keep it physically? That is why I ask you what Church you belong to or if you kept the Sabbath Day at your House. I don't work anymore, so I keep every day holy to the LORD. Romans 14:5 I just read it again, because Mr. Steve gave those scripture too. I also read in Acts. took Mr. Steve advice. It has been awhile since I read Acts.

In truth I perceive that God shows no partiality. But in every nation whoever fears Him and works righteousness is accepted by Him. Even about unclean meats.

I still don't know if we agree or not because on one Hand you say to keep the Sabbath and on the other hand you say what I believe. It was a Sign between God and Israel…..

On more thing, I in the past I believed that the Pastor had to lay Hands on to receive Gods Holy Spirit. When my Son got baptised in the Baptist Church, He didnt do that. When I ask him about it he told me that it was not necessary. I wonder if that is not why my Son cant understand about the trinity etc.
    I believe one has to be “Born again with God's Holy Spirit” to understand. I could be wrong, that i just don't know for sure. Since it says “I Baptize you in the Name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit.” When my Husband and I got baptized in 1985, the Pastor laid Hands on us after Baptism.
    So many opinions on this Web-site. One really has to call on God's Holy Spirit.
    I had made the suggestion before that we should pray for one another, We certainley can use it. I have been doing it already, I hope somebody will join me.
    Peace Mrs.IM4Truth

IM4Truth
    Participant

Steve I agree with you on the covenant, we are no longer under that old covenant. Some might say now that we are without any law, that is so wrong. Jesus magnified that Law, fulfilled it and we have Gods Holy Spirit so we can be Brothers in Christ. Amen
    Peace Mrs.IM4Truth Pray,Pray,Pray

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (IM4Truth @ July 18 2007,11:59)
    Ken the last sentence that you wrote was”Worship in Spirit and Truth and obey in spirit and in Truth.”
    Yes I agree with that completely. But do you  still  keep it physically?  That is why I ask you what Church you belong to or if you kept the Sabbath Day at your House.  I don't work anymore, so I keep every day holy to the LORD.  Romans 14:5  I just read it again, because Mr. Steve gave those scripture too. I also read in Acts. took Mr. Steve advice.  It has been awhile since I read Acts.  

In truth I perceive that God shows no partiality. But in every nation whoever fears Him and works righteousness is accepted by Him.  Even about unclean meats.

I still don't know if we agree or not because on one Hand you say to keep the Sabbath and on the other hand you say what I believe. It was a Sign between God and Israel…..

On more thing, I in the past I believed that the Pastor had to lay Hands on to receive Gods Holy Spirit.  When my Son got baptised in the Baptist Church, He didnt do that. When I ask him about it he told me that it was not necessary.  I wonder if that is not why my Son cant understand about the trinity etc.
    I believe one has to be “Born again with God's Holy Spirit” to understand.  I could be wrong, that i just don't know for sure. Since it says “I Baptize you in the Name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit.”  When my Husband and I got baptized in 1985, the Pastor laid Hands on us after Baptism.
    So many opinions on this Web-site. One really has to call on God's Holy Spirit.
    I had made the suggestion before that we should pray for one another, We certainley can use it. I have been doing it already, I hope somebody will join me.
    Peace Mrs.IM4Truth

MIM,

The Sabbath day is the forth commandment. As you know Jesus made the Law of God spiritual. If we look with lust we commit adultery. The Sabbath is no different. Those under the Old Covenant did not have the Spirit to guide them. I am on disability and no longer work and yes I worship and spend time with the Father everyday. But take today for instance I had yard work to do and house work and I had to cook. On the Father's day I don't do any of that. I spend the whole day with Him it's HIS DAY. That's why HE made it for rest of our daily routine and time with Him.

As I mentioned I studied with the WWCG and with the Seventh Day Adventist. But neither has the Spirit of God. When I asked the SDA why did the apostles pick corn on the Sabbath? Didn't they know the day before was the preparation day? I got NO responce! The SDA as the WWCG keep the Sabbath according to the letter of the law. The Sabbath is now Spiritual. It is a personnal thing between you and God. What would God have you do on HIS DAY. We follow the Spirit. For instance the SDA said I couldn't fuel my automible on the Sabbath and should not drive any further than to and from church! BUT there are times when I was led to take a ride on my motorcycle in the country and just observe HIS handy work get out of the cement jungle. And God forbid stop and buy something to eat! NO! the Sabbath is Spiritual we follow the Spirit as to how we keep His Day.

You say that the Sabbath is a sign between God and Israel.
    I am Israel! I have been grafted into Israel. I am a Spiritual JEW not of flesh but of Spirit.

As I said in another post that the Commandments are written on our hearts and mind all except ONE the forth commandment is not written on our heart it is not automatic such as don't steal and the other eight. We know not to do those things but the Sabbath is our choice that's why we REMEMBER we have to REMEMBER to keep His day. We choose to keep His day which shows that He is our God and creator NOT THE POPE!

Again LOVE FULFILLS THE LAW. TRUE But what is the fruit of the love for God?

1Jo 5:3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

Do you have to keep the Sabbath? NO! The Father certainly does not want you to do anything you don't want to do! He wants compassion NOT sacrifice.

Rom 14:2 For one believeth that he may eat all things: another, who is weak, eateth herbs.

Rom 14:5 One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.

Rom 14:6 He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks.

Rom 14:14 I know, and am persuaded by the Lord Jesus, that there is nothing unclean of itself: but to him that esteemeth any thing to be unclean, to him it is unclean.

Keeping things in context Romans 14 is about “certian foods and certain days” somehow this reminds me of feasts days and the food that was offered. I know that it is not saying that the seventh day Sabbath is to be avoided.

Col 2:14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;
    Col 2:16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:

Again keeping in context, ordinances, food, drink, moons, holydays, and annual SabbathS have nothing to do with God's law these were the law of Moses that Jesus fulfilled LUKE 24:44; Mat. 5:17.

Paul kept and served the law of God :)

Rom 7:25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

MIM, you must be born again and led by the Spirit to understand God's word. I don't claim to know everything and am convinced that while on earth I never will But what the Spirit has shown me I know is True.

My prayer for this forum and every Christian is to be one and worship Him in Spirit and Truth.

IHN&L,

Ken

IM4Truth
    Participant

Ken I have been born again and let by the spirit. Do you believe that I would have ever understoond this munch on my own. No, but the Spirit of God is doing the work in me. But you are denying a scripture about the Sabbath, you say you don't have to keep the annual Sabbsths,yet keep the Sabbath that God made with Israel. That is the same Covenant. I think we are very close of believing the same. You believe the Law is spiritual, so do I, you believe that the Law was magnified so do I, you dint believe in the triniy,neither do I. Those are are very important attributes. Ken please read my first Post again, Please
    I will pray too and thank you again for your reply and Prayer. MOST OF ALL THAKS TO OUR HAVENLY FATHR
    Peace Mrs.IM4Truth

IM4Truth
    Participant

Ken Don't jump to conclusion you are implying that I did not receive God's Holy Spirit. Again the Labeling that I just don't like, don't judge anyone, say it with Love. You don't even know me and what God has done in our Lives for us. Do you really believe that somebody that was in the Cath. church all their Lives could leave, if we didn't have God 's Holy Spirit guiding us? I don't think so. Most People in the C,C. don't even read the Bible and neither did we. I guess you will only pray for those that you believe are Christians. Oh, Boy Ken that really saddens me, but to each his own(MACH WAS DO NICHT LASSEN KANNST)

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (IM4Truth @ July 18 2007,20:39)
    Ken Don't jump to conclusion you are implying that I did not receive God's Holy Spirit.  Again the Labeling that I just don't like, don't judge anyone, say it with Love. You don't even know me and what God has done in our Lives for us.  Do you really believe that somebody that was in the Cath. church all their Lives could leave, if we didn't have God 's Holy Spirit guiding us?  I don't think so. Most People in the C,C. don't even read the Bible and neither did we.  I guess you will only pray for those  that you believe are Christians.  Oh, Boy Ken that really saddens me, but to each his own(MACH WAS DO NICHT LASSEN KANNST)

Oh, Now! I think that anyone who believes that Jesus is the Son of God is a Christian and one of HIS. However Satan has done his job well using the Harlot and her doctrines. “MOST” Christians are deceived in some kind of way, including myself!

MIM, I gave scripture to show separation of the Law. I gave scripture that shows the apostle to the Gentiles Served the law of God. Do you suppose Paul kept nine commandments?

I'm sorry because you get offended easily. Sometimes people get the wrong idea when I CAPITALIZE words supposing that I'm shouting, this is NOT the case. I guess I believe this way no one falls asleep :) .

As far as you being born again that was the farthest thing from my mind. Everyone has some truth that the other does not have I guess that's why we are called the (here i go again) BODY :) . “OUR” nature gets in the way of understanding what the Spirit says. “He who has ears listen to what the Spirit says”.

You can accept the Sabbath or reject it but sooner or latter every Christian will keep HIS DAY. And “YES” I am talking to Christians. All who are believers in Jesus and still have doctrines of the Harlot. I believe this to be my calling to call His People out of her, Rev. 18:4. After all, those in the Harlot are HIS people. They are not of any other religion so He says “come out of her “MY” people”. How are “WE” in the Harlot “WE” keep her doctrines, from the Trinity to the false Sabbath and who knows what else that is still deep inside like a disease!

I know there is only one reason why I'm still on this earth, because I'm not ready! That's right! Their is plenty of work that has to be done IN ME!

Years ago like everyone I found lies in mans religion (BTW I was born and raised Catholic also)in my case the Assembly of God so I prayed for the Truth I said “I don't care if the truth is that I will burn forever in hell, I want the Truth” and the window opned up. Of course the first thing that I received was there is NO ETERNAL PUNISHING the evil will be burned up! Then as if I didn't learn my lesson I again turned to man and began studing with Herbert W Armstrong where I did learn about the Sabbath. You know his story I'm sure, he believed that everyone is a Jew and as such should keep Moses' law. Finding fault with that I studied with the Seventh Day Adventist. But as I said before they don't have the Spirit. ALL Denominations have a lie wrapped in some truth in order to draw us in. You won't catch anything without bait! So finally I began to do what I should have done long before, (but you know the Lord works in mysterious ways) I started relying on the Spirit this after I read, “you have no need for man to teach you”.

1Jo 2:27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

This is how it was in the beginning, can you imagine if Paul relied on men, where would we be? NO! sister Jesus who knows the beginning from the end said that whoever teaches that the Law had changed and taught that, would be the least in the kingdom (Mat 5:19). I believe that is what the millennium is for to teach the deceived. If you notice that the deceiver is not allowed to deceive anyone during the melinennium, at the end of the millennium no one will have an excuse. So walk as the Spirit leads no matter what, don't rely on men, no matter how true it “SEEMS” we can't trust our own understanding. Remember we are still flesh.
    Rom 8:5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
    If some teach something that seems true and I don't get a witness in my spirit then I put it on the “back burner” if it is true then it will come up again when the Spirit says I'm ready for that truth. It might be slow but it is “SURE”!

IHN&L,

Ken

IM4Truth
    Participant

Ken Don't put it on the back burner to long. Lets give some more scriptures what the scribes ask Jesus
    Mark 12:29 “THE FIRST COMMANDMENT IS HEAR O ISRAEL THE LORD OUR GOD THE LORD IS ONE
    Verse 30 'AND YOU SHALL LOVE THE LORD WITH ALL OF YOUR HEART,WITH ALL OF YOUR SOUL,WITH ALL OF YOUR STRENGHT THIS IS THE FIRST COMMANDMENT.
    VERSE 31 ” And THE SECOND, LIKE IT,IS THIS: YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF.'

THERE IS NO OTHER COMMANDMENT GREATER THEN THESE.

Jesus said to the Apostles;
    John 13:34 “A NEW COMMANDMENT I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another.
    John 15:12 “This is MY COMMANDMENT, that you love one another.”

I wonder why Jesus said that twice?

1 John 4:7 “Beloved, let us love one another, for love is of God; and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God.”
    verse 8 He who does not love does not know God, for God is Love.
    verse 9 In this the love of God was manifested toward us, that God has send His only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through Him.
    verse 10 In this is love, not that we love God, but that He loves us and send His Son to be the propitiation for our sins.
    verse 11 Beloved if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another
    verse 18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves torment. But he who fears has not been made perfect in love.
    verse 20 If someone said I love God, and hates his brother he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother who he has seen, how can he love God whom he has not seen?

Romans 13:10 “Love does no harm to a neighbor; therefore love is the fulfillment of the Law.”

This is what grace is all about, LOVE.
    This is what the new law is, Love.
    If we love God, we don't just love and honor Him one day of the week, we love and honor Him every day. God wants children that Love Him, not fear Him. If we do anything because we think we have to, we put ourselves under a law, not God; it is then not of faith but of fear.
    The Apostles preached the gospel of love, not of law.
    If we love God, we don't need for commandments to tell us how.
    If we love our neighbor, we don't need six commandments to tell us how.
    If we don't love from the heart, keeping the fourth or any of the other commandments only, wont save us.

Love is what the new covenant law is built on. Jesus not only laid the foundation for the new law, Love
    He is the foundation; for us and everyone to built up on it.
    John 15:13 “Greater love has no one then this, then to lay down one”s life for his friends.”

Peace IM4Truth

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 555 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account