Confused

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 198 total)
  • Author
    Towshab
    Participant

In fact, if anything, Mat 16:23 says anyone who would have tried to save Jesus would have been opposing G-d!! So you should thank the Jews for supposedly killing Jesus because they gave you your salvation.

Go out and hug a Jew today. Tell them thank you for your salvation.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Tow,
    Who can judge the deep plan of God for our salvation?

Towshab
    Participant

Some say “Is the GT anti-semitic”? You be the judge:

1Th 2:14 For you, brothers, became imitators of the churches of God in Christ Jesus that are in Judea. For you suffered the same things from your own countrymen as they did from the Jews,
    1Th 2:15 who killed both the Lord Jesus and the prophets, and drove us out, and displease God and oppose all mankind

Did Paul say the Pharisees? Saducees? Priests? No, he used the blanket word for all: the Jews.

Anti-semitic? You betcha.

Towshab
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 09 2008,15:31)
    Hi Tow,
    Who can judge the deep plan of God for our salvation?

Well, the millions of slaughtered Jews will ask Him and He'll just tell them, “Hey, wrong G-d. You know I don't require human sacrifices and that I hold each person responsible for their own sin”.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi tow,
    So God will retain a residue from Israel? 144,000?
    It is a safer option to one of the great multitude seen in front of the throne in Rev 7
    You must be born again.

Towshab
    Participant

No, only to belong to the club of the deluded. The reason Nicodemus did not understand was because the Jesus in GJohn (different from the synoptic Jesus) was speaking of pagan beliefs and Nicodemus was a teacher of Hebrew scriptures. Why would Jesus expect Nicodemus to know about Mithra?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi tow,
    So the message was only for Nicodemus?

Towshab
    Participant

That day it was. But Nicodemus didn't buy into his pagan religion it seems because we never see him “believing” in Jesus. He probably felt sorry for poor Jesus, falling prey to pagan mystery cults as he did.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Tow,
    But the NT is fiction is it not to you?
    Why do you take individual words of it so seriously?

Towshab
    Participant

“What's true in the new testament is not new, what's new is not true” – Rabbi Tovia Singer

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Tow,
    Did this rabbi raise the dead?
    Back to why you know about Nicodemus and analyse the reasons for what Jesus said based on this knowledge you still say it is all fiction?
    You cannot have it both ways.

Towshab
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 09 2008,17:04)
    Hi Tow,
    Did this rabbi raise the dead?
    Back to why you know about Nicodemus and analyse the reasons for what Jesus said based on this knowledge you still say it is all fiction?
    You cannot have it both ways.

Why not? Its more fun this way.

Seriously, being “born again” is totally foreign to Torah and Tanakh but not many of the pagan religions that were prevalent in the 1st century. That is why Nicodemus was clueless as to what Jesus was talking about.

What does it matter if Nicodemus raised anyone from the dead? Have you raised anyone from the dead? Seems you can't say much about him then can you?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi tow,
    What Nicodemus?
    You mean the one in the NT?

Towshab
    Participant

The very same. I'm using fiction to show you where the fiction fails to be non-fiction. Its a clever approach.

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Towshab @ Jan. 04 2008,13:26)
    Yes, but faith in fiction is wasted faith. I do not have faith that dental floss will be an adequate rope to tow a car with, neither do I have faith in a false messiah who does not match messianic passages from Tanakh.

This is such a strong statement made by Tow.

What do other's think? Does Jesus “match” the Messianic passages from Tanakh? I know there are some that are attributed to him, but other's even Christians disagree amongst themselves.

I just don't know. The more I pray and meditate, the more peace I have that Jesus is the Way. Maybe he is the Way for me and for the group of people that deem him such. Maybe he is the way for the whole World? I haven't figured that part out yet. What about the african tribe that worships a stone and believes they are giving praise to God? They've never heard about Jesus……will they be saved because they are faithful to the God they “know”?

Thanks for those who have continued patience with me – Mandy the doubter. I never knew that someday I would relate so much with Thomas. I always kinda had pity for the man…..now I understand his need to “know” before believing.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi mandy,
    You say
    'What about the african tribe that worships a stone and believes they are giving praise to God? They've never heard about Jesus……will they be saved because they are faithful to the God they “know”?”

Idolatry is sin.
    Judgement is of God
    Mercy triumphs over judgement.

kejonn
    Participant

Nick,

How would the African know this was a sin?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KJ,
    Judgement is of God.
    God's problem.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KJ,
    Looked at from the converse view do you think God would be pleased with any attempt at worshiping any God because being religious is what is important?
    Nonetheless I believe any man who gazes into the heavens and sees the works of a Creator God and whispers praise to that Creator is listening to God who is so close to men.

acts 17
    24God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands;

25Neither is worshipped with men's hands, as though he needed any thing, seeing he giveth to all life, and breath, and all things;

26And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;

27That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us:

Rom 1
    19Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.

20For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

21Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

Not3in1
    Participant

Nick,

The verses you have quoted I have studied. What I wonder is the African tribe may view the heavens and praise the Creator alright, but what of Jesus as their Messiah? The scriptures do not give us any indication that the tribe would view the heavens and be able to name Jesus as their Way? What do you think about this?

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 198 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account