Confused

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 198 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi tow,
    No.
    He stays and loves his family
    While they decide whether or not they can live with his decision.

Towshab
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 08 2008,13:44)
    Hi tow,
    No.
    He stays and loves his family
    While they decide whether or not they can live with his decision.

Really? Show me where Jesus taught this.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Tow,
    Read your own quotes.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Tow,
    1Cor 7
    10And unto the married I command, yet not I, but the Lord, Let not the wife depart from her husband:

11But and if she depart, let her remain unmarried or be reconciled to her husband: and let not the husband put away his wife.

12But to the rest speak I, not the Lord: If any brother hath a wife that believeth not, and she be pleased to dwell with him, let him not put her away.

13And the woman which hath an husband that believeth not, and if he be pleased to dwell with her, let her not leave him.

14For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband: else were your children unclean; but now are they holy.

15But if the unbelieving depart, let him depart. A brother or a sister is not under bondage in such cases: but God hath called us to peace.

16For what knowest thou, O wife, whether thou shalt save thy husband? or how knowest thou, O man, whether thou shalt save thy wife?

Towshab
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 08 2008,14:02)
    Hi Tow,
    1Cor 7
    10And unto the married I command, yet not I, but the Lord, Let not the wife depart from her husband:

11But and if she depart, let her remain unmarried or be reconciled to her husband: and let not the husband put away his wife.

12But to the rest speak I, not the Lord: If any brother hath a wife that believeth not, and she be pleased to dwell with him, let him not put her away.

13And the woman which hath an husband that believeth not, and if he be pleased to dwell with her, let her not leave him.

14For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband: else were your children unclean; but now are they holy.

15But if the unbelieving depart, let him depart. A brother or a sister is not under bondage in such cases: but God hath called us to peace.

16For what knowest thou, O wife, whether thou shalt save thy husband? or how knowest thou, O man, whether thou shalt save thy wife?

That was Paul. I said show me where Jesus taught it.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Tow,
    Christ was in Paul.
    It is no longer I that liveth but Christ that liveth in me.

Towshab
    Participant

Is that why Paul said it was his gospel. If I became a Christian, could I tell everyone it was my gospel? Just who's gospel is it anyhow?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Tow,
    He was the vessel for the words of God.
    In that sense it is his gospel.

Towshab
    Participant

Should you really trust Paul to be the messenger? After all, he never could quite get his Damascus road experience straight.

==================================
    Act 9:3 Now as he went on his way, he approached Damascus, and suddenly a light from heaven flashed around him.
    Act 9:4 And falling to the ground he heard a voice saying to him, “Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting me?”
    Act 9:5 And he said, “Who are you, Lord?” And he said, “I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting.
    Act 9:6 But rise and enter the city, and you will be told what you are to do.”
    Act 9:7 The men who were traveling with him stood speechless, hearing the voice but seeing no one.
    Act 9:8 Saul rose from the ground, and although his eyes were opened, he saw nothing. So they led him by the hand and brought him into Damascus.

Act 22:6 “As I was on my way and drew near to Damascus, about noon a great light from heaven suddenly shone around me.
    Act 22:7 And I fell to the ground and heard a voice saying to me, 'Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting me?'
    Act 22:8 And I answered, 'Who are you, Lord?' And he said to me, 'I am Jesus of Nazareth, whom you are persecuting.'
    Act 22:9 Now those who were with me saw the light but did not understand the voice of the one who was speaking to me.
    Act 22:10 And I said, 'What shall I do, Lord?' And the Lord said to me, 'Rise, and go into Damascus, and there you will be told all that is appointed for you to do.'
    Act 22:11 And since I could not see because of the brightness of that light, I was led by the hand by those who were with me, and came into Damascus.

Act 26:13 At midday, O king, I saw on the way a light from heaven, brighter than the sun, that shone around me and those who journeyed with me.
    Act 26:14 And when we had all fallen to the ground, I heard a voice saying to me in the Hebrew language, 'Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting me? It is hard for you to kick against the goads.'
    Act 26:15 And I said, 'Who are you, Lord?' And the Lord said, 'I am Jesus whom you are persecuting.
    Act 26:16 But rise and stand upon your feet, for I have appeared to you for this purpose, to appoint you as a servant and witness to the things in which you have seen me and to those in which I will appear to you,
    Act 26:17 delivering you from your people and from the Gentiles–to whom I am sending you
    Act 26:18 to open their eyes, so that they may turn from darkness to light and from the power of Satan to God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins and a place among those who are sanctified by faith in me.
    ====================================

The story is different with each telling.

1) First two times the light shines on only Paul. On the third telling, the light shines on Paul and his companions.
    2) On the third telling, Paul adds some words “It is hard for you to kick against the goads”. He also adds some stuff about going to the Gentiles. But the thing is, this happens first time with Ananias and not Paul. In the first telling, he is to go to Damascus to be told what to do, but Paul skips this on the third telling and acts like the original words that Jesus gave to Ananias went straight to him. To make matters worse, on the second telling he says Jesus told him this later while in a trance.
    3) On the first telling, the men heard Jesus but saw no one. On the second telling, the men saw the light but did not understand the voice.
    4) On the first and second telling, only Paul falls to the ground. On the third, all of them fall to the ground.

That is the way lies work: they are told differently each time. The truth does not need to be changed.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Tow,
    Do you always use the same exact words when you retell a story?
    Some things may have been clarified by him discussing the time with others in the meantime.
    There are lots of reasons why the details is not the same every time.
    The message is the same.
    Wake up dude.

Act 9:3 Now as he went on his way, he approached Damascus, and suddenly a light from heaven flashed around him.
    Does this say light did not fall on the others?

Towshab
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 08 2008,15:57)
    Hi Tow,
    Do you always use the same exact words when you retell a story?
    Some things may have been clarified by him discussing the time with others in the meantime.
    There are lots of reasons why the details is not the same every time.
    The message is the same.
    Wake up dude.

Standard Christian excuses. The message the first time about going to the Gentiles is given to Ananias. On the second time, Paul says it was given from Jesus to him on a seperate occasion from the Damascus road experience. On the third telling, he says it happened all atr once on the Damascus road. All three cannot be right.

That sir, is a lie.

Act 9:3  Now as he went on his way, he approached Damascus, and suddenly a light from heaven flashed around him.
    Does this say light did not fall on the others?

But what of the words Jesus said? I see you say nothing about them but pick the easiest thing to defend.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Tow,
    You placed the accusation but will not accept the defense?
    Could the light have fallen on all?

Towshab
    Participant

Yes, but that is but one of the variances. Now address the different accounts of Jesus speaking.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi tow,
    Act 9:4 And falling to the ground he heard a voice saying to him, “Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting me?”
    Act 9:5 And he said, “Who are you, Lord?” And he said, “I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting.
    Act 9:6 But rise and enter the city, and you will be told what you are to do.”
    Act 9:7 The men who were traveling with him stood speechless, hearing the voice but seeing no one.
    Act 9:8 Saul rose from the ground, and although his eyes were opened, he saw nothing. So they led him by the hand and brought him into Damascus.

So this is written about the experience of Saul by another.
    It is third person, someone who was not with Saul is recalling what Saul or someone with them told him.

The other two are from the mouth of Paul and the last is shortened for the sake of the listener.

Towshab
    Participant

So Acts had two different writers?

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Towshab @ Jan. 09 2008,09:28)
    Yes, but that is but one of the variances. Now address the different accounts of Jesus speaking.

Hi tow,
    So if the light could have fallen on all why did you bring it up?

Towshab
    Participant

Because it is but one of the many discrepancies to show how the story changed with time.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Towshab @ Jan. 09 2008,09:32)

Hi tow,
    No, but a quote is different from a reported speech.
    Christ spoke to Paul daily and there was no need to repeat the same thing the same way.
    God uses all these words to teach different things and highlight different aspects.
    Paul could use a certain license in what he said so long as the truth was conserved.
    You must be doing well if you are able to judge Paul.

Towshab
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 08 2008,16:48)

Quote (Towshab @ Jan. 09 2008,09:32)

Hi tow,
    No, but a quote is different from a reported speech.
    Christ spoke to Paul daily and there was no need to repeat the same thing the same way.

Yet it was not supposed to be a concept but an actual event. Changing the way things were supposed to have happened is a lie, is it not?

God uses all these words to teach different things and highlight different aspects.

But the retelling of an event should be consistent. What you speak of only works with concepts and ideas.

Paul could use a certain license in what he said so long as the truth was conserved.
    You must be doing well if you are able to judge Paul.

So while Ananias was one to be told that Paul was to go to the Gentiles, it was within Paul's liberty to say Jesus told him this on the Damascus road?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Tow,
    This is all Ananias is reported to have told Paul
    ” 17And Ananias went his way, and entered into the house; and putting his hands on him said, Brother Saul, the Lord, even Jesus, that appeared unto thee in the way as thou camest, hath sent me, that thou mightest receive thy sight, and be filled with the Holy Ghost. “

It may well be that he said more and gave Paul even greater detail about his mission.
    You should not presume against what is not written.

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 198 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account