Confess

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    jhenTux
    Participant

Do we have to confess our sin to priest? What does the scripture say about this?

Towshab
    Participant

Quote (jhenTux @ Oct. 30 2007,21:50)
    Do we have to confess our sin to priest? What does the scripture say about this?

No man has the power to forgive. Only G-d.

2Ch 7:14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Job 33:26 He shall pray unto God, and he will be favourable unto him: and he shall see his face with joy: for he will render unto man his righteousness.

Psa 51:16 For thou desirest not sacrifice; else would I give it: thou delightest not in burnt offering.
    Psa 51:17 The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.

Hos 14:2 [ESV] Take with you words and return to the LORD; say to him, “Take away all iniquity; accept what is good, and we will pay with bulls the vows of our lips.

None of this says you need a mediator. G-d has always provided a way to Him.

IM4Truth
    Participant

Group: Members

——————————————————————————–

No we do not haveto confess our Sins to a Priest. Nobody can forgive us our Sins except our Heavenly Father. We do have a Savior and a Mediator Jesus Christ and through Him I do go and ask God for forgiveness. Jesus is our perfect sacrifies and in His name we ask. No longer do we need the blood of an animal like in Ancient times.
    You must been in the Catholic Church? That is where I came out of and yes they go the priests. But God thankfully called us out of that system.

Peace and Love Mrs. :D :D :D

IM4Truth
    Participant

Sorry about that the quote is to be in that box, I must have done something wrong, boy I am getting old. :D :D :D

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account