Conduct christians should wish to avoid!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Texas
    Participant

Conduct Christians should want to avoid!

The Apostle Paul informs all Christians about conduct that should be avoided at all costs, for he stated the following at 2 Timothy 3:1-5.

“But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days. People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God— having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with them. [NIV]

Did you notice? These were those who professed some form of Christianity, but were, in reality, false Christians? So, not wishing to be branded as these ones were, we should want to avoid, like the plague the type of conduct mentioned by Paul here. That, though, is not the only conduct we would wish to avoid, there is more.

Paul continues: “But now you must RID YOURSELVES of all such things as these: anger, rage, malice, slander, and filthy language from your lips. Do not lie to each other, since you have taken off your old self with its practices and have put on the new self, which is being renewed in knowledge in the image of its creator.” So, the ball is in our court, it is up to us to follow the direction given by Paul and rid ourselves of these pratices. Jehovah will not force anyone to walk according to his Laws and Commandments. We must want to do it out of proper fear of and love for Jehovah God. [Colossians 3:8-10] Compare Ephesians 4:22-24][Matthew 22:37,38] [Proverbs 3:7] [1Peter 2:1]

Other conduct we should also strive to avoid is mentioned by Paul at Romans 1: 27-32 in these words: “In the same way the men abandoned natural relations with Women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penelty for their error.” We hear today about the spread of the Aids Virus which is a direct result of suchlike conduct, is that not true? Not too mention many other suchlike diseases. Paul continues with this discussion: “Furthermore, just as they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, so God gave them over to a depraved mind, so that they do what ought not to be done. They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil,greed and depravity. They are full of envey, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips, slanderers, God haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents; they have no understanding, no fidelity, no love, no mercy. Although they know God's righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things, but also approve of those who practice them.”

Once again Paul tells us: “Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice.” O f course, all of the aforementioned as well, if need be. [Ephesians 4:31-33] [NIV]

Now what will be the fate of all of the aforementioned? Note the following!

“Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders will inherit God's Kingdom.” [1 Corinthians 6:9,10] So, if these ones refuse to change their behavior, they will suffer the death penalty. But, they are given the opportunity to change, so the fault is their own if they do not change. They must take seriously the following warning:

“The acts of the sinful nature are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God. [Galatians 5:19-21]

What will be the fate of those who take God's word seriously and work towards changing their behavior? What does Jehovah require of us? Micah will explain what that is:
    He has told you, O man, what is good;
    And what does the LORD require of you
    But to do justice, to love kindness,
    And to walk humbly with your God? Micah 6:8 [NASB]

What is the reward for Christians today who are very serious about doing the will of God? What will happen to those who have merely only a form of Godly devotion, but that proves false to its power? [2 Timothy 3:5] [1 John 2:17]

The writer of Proverbs will explain what the fate of both classes will be, for there it states this: … …”walk in the way of good men, and keep the path of the righteous. For the upright will dwell in the land, and the perfect will dwell in it.” “But the wicked shall be cut off from the land, and the treacherous shall be rooted out of it. “[Proverbs 2:20-22] ] [ASV]

I admit the “path of the righteous is a difficult path to trod, but think of the rewards! No more Wars, with there subsequent famines and starvation; no more crime or criminals, just a peaceful paradise park inhabited only by the righteous, with no one to do any harm to anyone. It will be as the Psalmist said: “The righteous shall inherit the land, and dwell therein forever.[Psalm 37:29] Now, isn't that a reward that is worth any sacrifice we may be called upon to make? [Isaiah 11:9] I think that it is! Texas

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi texas,
    Is it possible for natural men to make themselves good or is it by the grace and power of the Spirit?
    To be of the Spirit and made able you must be reborn from above.

Participant

Quote (Texas @ April 14 2009,08:03)
    Conduct Christians should want to avoid!

The Apostle Paul informs all Christians about conduct that should be avoided at all costs, for he stated the following at 2 Timothy 3:1-5.

“But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days. People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God— having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with them. [NIV]

Did you notice? These were those who professed some form of Christianity, but were, in reality, false Christians? So, not wishing to be branded as these ones were, we should want to avoid, like the plague the type of conduct mentioned by Paul here. That, though, is not the only conduct we would wish to avoid, there is more.

Paul continues: “But now you must RID YOURSELVES of all such things as these: anger, rage, malice, slander, and filthy language from your lips. Do not lie to each other, since you have taken off your old self with its practices and have put on the new self, which is being renewed in knowledge in the image of its creator.” So, the ball is in our court, it is up to us to follow the direction given by Paul and rid ourselves of these pratices. Jehovah will not force anyone to walk according to his Laws and Commandments. We must want to do it out of proper fear of and love for Jehovah God. [Colossians 3:8-10] Compare Ephesians 4:22-24][Matthew 22:37,38] [Proverbs 3:7] [1Peter 2:1]

Other conduct we should also strive to avoid is mentioned by Paul at Romans 1: 27-32 in these words: “In the same way the men abandoned natural relations with Women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penelty for their error.” We hear today about the spread of the Aids Virus which is a direct result of suchlike conduct, is that not true? Not too mention many other suchlike diseases. Paul continues with this discussion: “Furthermore, just as they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, so God gave them over to a depraved mind, so that they do what ought not to be done. They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil,greed and depravity. They are full of  envey, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips, slanderers, God haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents; they have no understanding, no fidelity, no love, no mercy. Although they know God's righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things, but also approve of those who practice them.”

Once again Paul tells us: “Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice.” O f course, all of the aforementioned as well, if need be. [Ephesians 4:31-33] [NIV]

Now what will be the fate of all of the aforementioned? Note the following!

“Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders will inherit God's Kingdom.” [1 Corinthians 6:9,10] So, if these ones refuse to change their behavior, they will suffer the death penalty. But, they are given the opportunity to change, so the fault is their own if they do not change. They must take seriously the following warning:

“The acts of the sinful nature are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God. [Galatians 5:19-21]

What will be the fate of those who take God's word seriously and work towards changing their behavior? What does Jehovah require of us? Micah will explain what that is:
    He has told you, O man, what is good;
    And what does the LORD require of you
    But to do justice, to love kindness,
    And to walk humbly with your God?  Micah 6:8 [NASB]

What is the reward for Christians today who are very serious about doing the will of God? What will happen to those who have merely only a form of Godly devotion, but that proves false to its power? [2 Timothy 3:5] [1 John 2:17]

The writer of Proverbs will explain what the fate of both classes will be, for there it states this: …  …”walk in the way of good men, and keep the path of the righteous. For the upright will dwell in the land, and the perfect will dwell in it.” “But the wicked shall be cut off from the land, and the treacherous shall be rooted out of it. “[Proverbs 2:20-22] ] [ASV]

I admit the “path of the righteous is a difficult path to trod, but think of the rewards! No more Wars, with there subsequent famines and starvation; no more crime or criminals, just a peaceful paradise park inhabited only by the righteous, with no one to do any harm to anyone. It will be as the Psalmist said: “The righteous shall inherit the land, and dwell therein forever.[Psalm 37:29] Now, isn't that a reward that is worth any sacrifice we may be called upon to make? [Isaiah 11:9] I think that it is! Texas

Hi Texas:

On this post, I can agree with you.

Rev 2:7 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God

Rev 2:17 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth [it].

Rev 2:26 And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations:
    Rev 2:27 And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father.
    Rev 2:28 And I will give him the morning star.

Rev 3:5 He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.

Rev 3:12 Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, [which is] new Jerusalem, w
    hich cometh down out of heaven from my God: and my new name.
    Rev 3:13 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account