Church

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 128 total)
  • Author
    Tim Kraft
    Participant

Quote (Jesus name follower of Christ @ Sep. 19 2009,23:47)
    we should all go to church

Jesus name follower: Bless you, I don't want you to misunderstand what I meant. You can go to any building with a steeple and share God and his love. You can share God anywhere at anytime. The physical brick and mortar buildings that we call chuches are not the new covenant church. We as human beings are the body of Christ(the annointing of God). This is the true church which is the body of Christ. That is you. You have Christ within, Jesus and the Father. They have made their abode(home) in you. They are with you always.
    Technically you cannot go to church. You can go the a building and associate with other churches but its the persons that are the church. God bless you! TK

ok but I know God is evrywhere

georg
    Participant

Quote (Jesus name follower of Christ @ Oct. 01 2009,09:30)
    ok but I know God is evrywhere

Inspite of what is written here you will go to a Chuirch, sinnce you belief that God is everywhere, is that what you are saying?
    Irene

Im saying God is evrywhere yes but not because of that but because He called me is why I go to church :D

georg
    Participant

Quote (Jesus name follower of Christ @ Oct. 02 2009,05:30)
    Im saying God is evrywhere yes   but not because of that but because He called me is why I go to church  :D

So God called you to go to Church?  Let me ask you, what Church is it, and do you know what they believe?  The reason I say that, if we join a Church that practised a wrong Doctrine like the trinity, you will be made resposible too.
    Rev. 18:4 …Come out of Her my People,lest you share in her sins, and lest you receive of her plagues.”
    Heed the warning. God has called us too, but I learned my lesson what world Churches are all about.  I am saying this to you in Love and I would not want you to be ignorined to the truth.   We should worship in Spirit and in truth.  
    Irene

apostolic pentecoctal

onness of the Godhead, Jesus is God, holy standards of dress, baptism in Jesus name, speaking in tounges, its holieness or hell

Tim Kraft
    Participant

To tell someone not to believe in, “The Trinity” or “The Rapture” one would have to describe what the doctrines were by mens standards first, before the person could know what not to believe in. Neither are in the Bible! The person can't even go to his Bible and look them up to see if he agrees with them. If thats not a mans doctrine then what is? Trininty: a set of three! Rapture:A deep feeling of joy,love, and ecstasy! We should not concern ourselves with doctrines that are not in the Bible. Bless you, TK

georg
    Participant

Quote (Jesus name follower of Christ @ Oct. 04 2009,06:10)
    apostolic pentecoctal

onness of the Godhead, Jesus is God, holy standards of dress, baptism in Jesus name, speaking in tounges, its holieness or hell

The oneness Church is like believing in a trinity. The trinity is a manmade dioctrine and not of God.
    It as Quintus Septimus Florens Tertullian that came up with it.
    He was born to Pagan Parents in Carthage Aferica in A.D. 155. He was educated in Philosophy and Greek and Latan.
    It is said that the trinity is his best achievment to Christianity.
    And it is Constantine in A.D. 313, that after a brutal and bloody three century, issued an edit and granting all Christian full freedom to practice their religion.
    And in 321 Constantine issued an edit, forbidding work on Sundays and making it a day of worship. He not only changed the Sabbath to woship into Sunday, He also changed all Holidays into all Holy Days like Easter and Christmas.
    If you ever want to know the true Holidays of God look it up in Leviticus 23 starting in verse1. He also changed the times. We have the Roman Calendar today. That is why it is said that the whole world is deceived. Only a few understand what is going on today.
    You might not believe so, what I am saying. If so one day you will.
    Math. 15:9 In vain do they worship Me, teaching the doctrine and commendment of men.”

Rev. 18:4 teells us this…” Come ouit of her my people, lest you will share in her sins, and lest you receive of Her plagues. (the wrath of God) All this is Ancient History. You can study this, you don't have to believe me.

Heed her warning friend, time is short.
    Peace and Love Irene

Tim Kraft
    Participant

For me, if Jesus the Christ says:(John 17:21) and many other places,—“that they all may be one as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also MAY BE ONE IN US…” You can follow Jesus or you can follow man made doctrines, its your choice. TK

georg
    Participant

Quote (Tim Kraft @ Oct. 05 2009,22:15)
    For me, if Jesus the Christ says:(John 17:21) and many other places,—“that they all may be one as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also MAY BE ONE IN US…” You can follow Jesus or you can follow man made doctrines, its your choice. TK

If you think that all you have to belief in Jesus being our Savir, then the Scriptures I gave are false. I will say this, I will not go by what men say. Most Churches today do believe in the trinity. Again a man made doctrine and not of God.
    Irene

Jesus is our savior He died in my place and He is God
    1john 5:7

followerofJesus
    Participant

I think we as a Church need to change

Thankfully this does not relate to every Church

Sadly there is many people within the Church that turn people away

Just Remember God on a Sunday

A lot of people come to Church and instead of being a place of acceptance many Judge those who come there

many churches need fixing

seekingtruth
    Participant

When believers (consisting of all those born again), gather or assemble together we call it “church”. The word “church” as it is used in the NT is translated from a Greek word ekklasia meaning “those who assemble.” As God seems to define it, all believers within a definable region make a “church”, “Write on a scroll what you see and send it to the seven churches: to Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia and Laodicea.” in these cases it was cities.

The purpose of “assembling” according to scripture is to gather with fellow believers for worship, to equip, to encourage, to correct, to share, and to have a common meal.

let us consider how to stimulate one another to love and good deeds, not forsaking our own assembling together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another; and all the more, as you see the day drawing near.
    (Heb. 10:24-25 NASB)

Did that mean that all believers met in one place? Not likely, some of these were very large cities. 23 If, therefore, the whole assembly may come together, to the same place. This scripture seems to indicate that it wasn't that common or maybe even possible for the whole assembly to come together in one place. This I believe supports the idea that they met in scattered groups, (at least some of them in homes “so does the church that meets at their house”)and as shown in Paul's writings, not all these groups believed exactly the same thing.

Today many have lost sight of the fact that “church” is not a building but an assembly of believers (two or more) and within my community there are several “assemblies” scattered about with “born again” attendees; worshipping, being encouraged and challenged (yet all the while “Studying to show themselves approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.”). in other words not believing what's being taught without searching out the scriptures to see if it is so.

I believe that as God begins to pour out His Spirit (17And it shall be in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of My Spirit upon all flesh, and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams;  ) that it will first be a wake up call to any of those within the various assemblies (churches) who will listen, followed I believe by a mass exodus of true believers (“come out of her my people”) from all “churches” having not embraced what God has said to the churches.

So my opinion is that we should gather together with fellow believers (that can be accomplished to some extent right here on Heven.net) and if there is not a “church” where you can achieve the assembling of ourselves then we need to find other believers of like faith. However while many are quoting “come out of her” as their reason for not attending any church, I'm not sure that that call has gone out yet and our “churches” are white unto harvest and we should be lights to those in dark places and “religion” is the darkest.

My opinion, Wm

we should felloship with believers

followerofJesus
    Participant

Should we not also reach out to those who are lost?

Dwell in Darkness?

Sin?

Could a mariner sit idle if he heard the dorwning cry?

Could a doctor sit in comfort and let his patients die

Could a fireman sit idle, let men burn and give no hand?

Could you sit at ease in Zion with the world around you damned?

georg
    Participant

Quote (seekingtruth @ Oct. 14 2009,10:41)
    When believers (consisting of all those born again), gather or assemble together we call it “church”. The word “church” as it is used in the NT is translated from a Greek word ekklasia meaning “those who assemble.” As God seems to define it, all believers within a definable region make a “church”, “Write on a scroll what you see and send it to the seven churches: to Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia and Laodicea.” in these cases it was cities.

The purpose of “assembling” according to scripture is to gather with fellow believers for worship, to equip, to encourage, to correct, to share, and to have a common meal.

let us consider how to stimulate one another to love and good deeds, not forsaking our own assembling together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another; and all the more, as you see the day drawing near.

Did that mean that all believers met in one place? Not likely, some of these were very large cities. 23 If, therefore, the whole assembly may come together, to the same place. This scripture seems to indicate that it wasn't that common or maybe even possible for the whole assembly to come together in one place. This I believe supports the idea that they met in scattered groups, (at least some of them in homes “so does the church that meets at their house”)and as shown in Paul's writings, not all these groups believed exactly the same thing.

Today many have lost sight of the fact that “church” is not a building but an assembly of believers (two or more) and within my community there are several “assemblies” scattered about with “born again” attendees; worshipping, being encouraged and challenged (yet all the while “Studying to show themselves approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.”). in other words not believing what's being taught without searching out the scriptures to see if it is so.

I believe that as God begins to pour out His Spirit (17And it shall be in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of My Spirit upon all flesh, and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams;  ) that it will first be a wake up call to any of those within the various assemblies (churches) who will listen, followed I believe by a mass exodus of true believers (“come out of her my people”) from all “churches” having not embraced what God has said to the churches.

So my opinion is that we should gather together with fellow believers (that can be accomplished to some extent right here on Heven.net) and if there is not a “church” where you can achieve the assembling of ourselves then we need to find other believers of like faith. However while many are quoting “come out of her” as their reason for not attending any church, I'm not sure that that call has gone out yet and our “churches” are white unto harvest and we should be lights to those in dark places and “religion” is the darkest.

My opinion, Wm

Your last sentence said that some or using not going to Church
    Because I am quoting a verse in Rev. to come out of Her!!!
    That is not the reason that I am not attending a Church. The reason I don't is because all around here believe in the trinity, or they are Sabbath keepers and go by the Old Testaments requirement of attending that Church. Both are
    not what I call true Believers of Christ. And Math. 15:9 says that ” in vain do they worship Me teaching the doctrine the commandments of men.” That is why.
    Irene

seekingtruth
    Participant

Irene,
    I believed in the trinity for nearly 25 years, and probably still would if not for the grace shown to me when I was given a revelation on Jesus as the begotten Son. For that 25 years I was born again although now I realize that I had been deceived by tradition. I do not see those within the assembly as evil, only deluded, I could rebuke them and leave them to “sink or swim” but the assembly is were we are to correct, encourage, and equip and I believe that sound teaching combined with the love as shown by Jesus will win some over.

Also a point we differ on is I believe that the verse “come out of her” is still in the future and will go forth just prior to a literal destruction of the religious, yet ungodly.  

My opinion, Wm

Participant

Quote (seekingtruth @ Oct. 14 2009,10:41)

My opinion, Wm

Hi Seekingtruth:

Amen to your post, I agree.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Church as usual needs to stop and let God move in a special way.

we had a group by the name of The Upper Room Expireance at church on sun and they commended us for our worship[ and said not all churches they go to worship like this.

churches are there to instruct in knoledge of Christ

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 128 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account