Christs crucifiction and resurrection

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 75 total)
  • Author
    chosenone
    Participant

Scripture for the “Eternal Gospel”? I'll bet you can't find one!

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Co,
    Revelation 14:6
    And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people,

and note

1 Peter 4:17
    For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?

chosenone
    Participant

Revelation 14:6 correctly translated:

And I perceived another messenger flying in mid-heaven, having an eonian evangel to bring to those situated on the earth, and to every nation and tribe and language and people,

Pauls epistles to the “Nations”. Peters' to the unbelieving Jews.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    Have you yet responded to the gospel invitation?
    We don't want to be found at the wedding feast in filthy rags but dressed in the righteousness of the Son.

chosenone
    Participant

I'll be the latter, dressed in Christs' righteouness.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    You must be reborn into him

chosenone
    Participant

I am a “new creation'.

NickHassan
    Participant

wonderful CO,
    So you have been reborn from above?
    Have all men except Jews been reborn without even knowing it?

chosenone
    Participant

No, not reborn, that is for the “nation of Israel”. I have been made a “new creation”.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    When did this event occur and how did you know it had happened?

chosenone
    Participant

When God baptized me with the holy spirit. I had no part in my salvation. “All is of God”.

2 Corinthians.5:17-21

17 So that, if anyone is in Christ, there is a new creation: the primitive passed by. Lo! there has come new!
    18 Yet all is of God, Who conciliates us to Himself through Christ, and is giving us the dispensation of the conciliation,
    19 how that God was in Christ, conciliating the world to Himself, not reckoning their offenses to them, and placing in us the word of the conciliation.
    20 For Christ, then, are we ambassadors, as of God entreating through us. We are beseeching for Christ's sake, “Be conciliated to God!”
    21 For the One not knowing sin, He makes to be a sin offering for our sakes that we may be becoming God's righteousness in Him.

Notice, I use scripture. Not my gospel.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Co,
    Was it just as it was for Cornelius?

chosenone
    Participant

You'll have to try understanding for yourself, I can't keep going over scripure for you. Ask others for any help you need.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    Is everyone already a new creation? except the Jews?

chosenone
    Participant

Read 2 Corinthians.5:17, and you will find out for yourself.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    2Cor 5
    ” 11Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are made manifest unto God; and I trust also are made manifest in your consciences.

12For we commend not ourselves again unto you, but give you occasion to glory on our behalf, that ye may have somewhat to answer them which glory in appearance, and not in heart.

13For whether we be beside ourselves, it is to God: or whether we be sober, it is for your cause.

14For the love of Christ constraineth us; because we thus judge, that if one died for all, then were all dead:

15And that he died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto him which died for them, and rose again.

16Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more.

17Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

18And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;

19To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

20Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.

21For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him”

So those who are already in Christ, driven by the fear of God, are ambassadors for the lost in the world trying by whatever means to draw them to to the safety that is in Christ, reborn as new creations, to spare them too the wrath of God and to bring them into the love of God in the kingdom. God loves the world so much that He would not spare even His beloved Son but sent him into the world that men might be saved through his gospel that also was preached by his disciples.

chosenone
    Participant

A very meaningfull scripture, but you don't seem to understand it. Notice: old things are past (the law) all thing are become new. (made righteous). verse 19: “not imputing their trespasses (sins) unto them (mankind). God sees our sins no more) verse 21: …that we may be made the righteousness of God in Him. We are now made righteous! I can't believe that you don't understand this scripture, it is so plainly written. This explains your confusion about Gods “grace”, and righteous by 'the law'.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    You woud not need the brackets if you listened to the gospel and became one with Christ.
    Then these would be for you.

Ephesians 3:6
    That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:

chosenone
    Participant

Lets look at this scripture more deeply:

Eph.3:3 … for by revelation the secret is made known to me (according as I write before, in brief,
    4 by which you who are reading are able to apprehend my understanding in the secret of the Christ,
    5 which, in other generations, is not made known to the sons of humanity as it was now revealed to His holy apostles and prophets): in spirit
    6 the nations are to be joint enjoyers of an allotment, and a joint body, and joint partakers of the promise in Christ Jesus, through the evangel
    7 of which I became the dispenser, in accord with the gratuity of the grace of God, which is granted to me in accord with His powerful operation.

See verse 4-5. “in the secret of Christ” (not revealed in the “old”) also… which, in other generations, is not made known to the sons of humanity as it was now revealed to His holy apostles and prophets.
    Notice that it was previously not known, now revealed? Same gopel? No, it was added to.
    Verse 6. Gentiles fellow heirs, and of the same body. (the body of Christ) Fellow heirs… first to the Jews, now also to the Gentiles.

You sure seem stuck on scripture that expands the gospel that you say hasn't changed!

chosenone
    Participant

Lets look at this scripture more deeply:

Eph.3:3 … for by revelation the secret is made known to me (according as I write before, in brief,
    4 by which you who are reading are able to apprehend my understanding in the secret of the Christ,
    5 which, in other generations, is not made known to the sons of humanity as it was now revealed to His holy apostles and prophets): in spirit
    6 the nations are to be joint enjoyers of an allotment, and a joint body, and joint partakers of the promise in Christ Jesus, through the evangel
    7 of which I became the dispenser, in accord with the gratuity of the grace of God, which is granted to me in accord with His powerful operation.

See verse 4-5. “in the secret of Christ” (not revealed in the “old”) also… which, in other generations, is not made known to the sons of humanity as it was now revealed to His holy apostles and prophets.
    Notice that it was previously not known, now revealed? Same gopel? No, it was added to.
    Verse 6. Gentiles fellow heirs, and of the same body. (the body of Christ) Fellow heirs… first to the Jews, now also to the Gentiles.

You sure seem stuck on scripture that expands the gospel that you say hasn't changed!

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 75 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account