Christs crucifiction and resurrection

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 75 total)
  • Author
    chosenone
    Participant

I would like to know what your opinions are that Christs death and resurrection has done for mankind. There seems to be many differing opinions as to what this accomplished.
    Thank you all for your opinions, I'm sure there will be a great variety of thought, I will add my opinion later if requested, but yours first please.

God Bless.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    What is your opinion?

chosenone
    Participant

Nick.
    This is exactly the answer I expected from you, that why I added the last sentence. Lost for words on this subject?

Blessings.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    God is calling all men everywhere to repent and be to cleansed by the blood. We need forgiveness and there is no forgiveness without blood.
    Repent.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    THat is not a very nice reply.
    Why not answer?

chosenone
    Participant

Nick.
    When a new topic is posted, I expect that the post is answered as requested, not changed.

Blessings,

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    The death and resurrection of a man two thousand years ago went largely unnoticed in a violent age.
    The door of salvation through Christ, the mediator was opened.
    Do not stand in the way.

chosenone
    Participant

Anyone else?

Blessings.

seekingtruth
    Participant

Quote (chosenone @ June 25 2007,02:18)
    I would like to know what your opinions are that Christs death and resurrection has done for mankind.  There seems to be many differing opinions as to what this accomplished.  
        Thank you all for your opinions, I'm sure there will be a great variety of thought, I will add my opinion later if requested, but yours first please.

God Bless.

CO,
    I believe scripture says it far better then I can

Romans 5:8 But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

Romans 6:10 The death he died, he died to sin once for all; but the life he lives, he lives to God.

Acts 23:6 I stand on trial because of my hope in the resurrection of the dead.”

1 Peter 1:3 In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead

Wm

chosenone
    Participant

Hi seekingtruth.
    Thanks for your reply, thoughtfull input, much appreciated. Hope for more input from others. Thanks again.

Blessings.

johnson
    Participant

Hi Cho,
    I believe Christs crucification and resurrection focusing on Human Being salvation. The human because of their sins will be accused by the evil to be brought into the abyss (like what Enoch said in its book). The first coming of Lord Jesus is to offer the salvation and the time to repent is now available. it is not the human effort but it is because His mercy and love.
    The second coming is the judgment of the human who is not repent and disbelief in Christs. The time between the first coming and second coming will take a long time that none knows when he will come in the second time.
    It is struggle time and full of temptation that is out of human understanding and really difficult without leading of the Holy Spirit.
    Praise God in Lord Jesus o my soul…

Rgds,

Not3in1
    Participant

Anyone convicted of a crime could have died on a cross. So it wasn't the actual death that changed the world for mankind. If Jesus would have been tortured, and then died and buried – that would have been it. Good men die everyday. But that wasn't it………

God raised Jesus to life on the third day! Because of Jesus' resurrection, we will not be left in the ground forever but have the hope of eternal life with God. God has “qualified” us to share in eternity through his Son's death and life.

Col. 1:12-14
    …..giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of the saints in the kingdom of light. For he has rescued us from th dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.

Not3in1
    Participant

Going a bit further…..

I believe the reason we are “qualified” to share in the inheritance with Jesus (being co-heirs with Christ), is because we are Jesus' brothers and sisters. We have the same Father, and we have the same God!

The Father qualified US for eternity because we are/and will be like the Son he loves so much. This idea would be impossible if you believed in the Trinity or the incarnation. Because WE cannot be like an incarnation, right?

chosenone
    Participant

Not3in1.
    Thanks for your opinion, well thought out. Much appreciated.

Blessings.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (seekingtruth @ June 25 2007,17:10)

Quote (chosenone @ June 25 2007,02:18)
    I would like to know what your opinions are that Christs death and resurrection has done for mankind.  There seems to be many differing opinions as to what this accomplished.  

God Bless.

CO,
    I believe scripture says it far better then I can

Romans 5:8  But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

Romans 6:10  The death he died, he died to sin once for all; but the life he lives, he lives to God.

Acts 23:6 I stand on trial because of my hope in the resurrection of the dead.”

1 Peter 1:3  In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead

Wm

Hi ST,
    Indeed, as Rom 5 shows, it is only those who know they are sinners who can benefit from the victory of Christ. His gospel, first preached to the Jews, is an eternal one.

Matthew 9:13
    But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.
    Mark 2:17
    When Jesus heard it, he saith unto them, They that are whole have no need of the physician, but they that are sick: I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.
    Luke 5:32
    I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

Only those who know they are sinners
    know they need to be saved.

Lk13
    1There were present at that season some that told him of the Galilaeans, whose blood Pilate had mingled with their sacrifices.

2And Jesus answering said unto them, Suppose ye that these Galilaeans were sinners above all the Galilaeans, because they suffered such things?

3I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.

4Or those eighteen, upon whom the tower in Siloam fell, and slew them, think ye that they were sinners above all men that dwelt in Jerusalem?

5I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.

chosenone
    Participant

These scriptures you quote, were all spoken by Jesus before His death on the cross. Did anything change after His death and ressurrection?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    The same eternal gospel was preached to all men by those in him.

chosenone
    Participant

As usual, you don't answer the question. I'll just ignore you.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    Do you bring another gospel?

chosenone
    Participant

Still no answer, as usual, if you're stumped, just change the subject with another question. Seems to be your method of evading the subject when you're wrong.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 75 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account