Christophanies

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 59 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Try googling Christophanies and there is an intergate article from”The everlasting Good news of Yahweh”site that is helpful.

sandra
    Participant

KJV entitlement apostacy! Jeremiah George Bush, OUR PRESIDENT! This was not a lie, Putin OUR MILITARY expert! Calypso!
    Meant EVERY KNEE SHALL BOW! When an individual BOWS, they BOW! Acknowledging the SUPREMACY OF GOD , OUR LORD AND SAVIOUR JESUS CHRIST!

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Oxy,
    You may be interested in this thread.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi mercy,
    You may find interest here.

Participant

Hi Nick:

Maybe I am wrong in my understanding, but I also believe that an angel can be an angelic being or a human being. The word means messenger. The word angel is used for the Bishops of the 7 churches in the book of Revelation. Please correct me if I am wrong.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 92,
    Angel means messenger. But not all messengers are angels. Angels can seem as men and even be called men in scripture but men are not angels and angel differ from men in this epoch.

Ezek 10
    “1Then I looked, and, behold, in the firmament that was above the head of the cherubims there appeared over them as it were a sapphire stone, as the appearance of the likeness of a throne.

2And he spake unto the man clothed with linen, and said, Go in between the wheels, even under the cherub, and fill thine hand with coals of fire from between the cherubims, and scatter them over the city. And he went in in my sight.

3Now the cherubims stood on the right side of the house, when the man went in; and the cloud filled the inner court.

4Then the glory of the LORD went up from the cherub, and stood over the threshold of the house; and the house was filled with the cloud, and the court was full of the brightness of the LORD's glory.

5And the sound of the cherubims' wings was heard even to the outer court, as the voice of the Almighty God when he speaketh.

6And it came to pass, that when he had commanded the man clothed with linen, saying, Take fire from between the wheels, from between the cherubims; then he went in, and stood beside the wheels.

7And one cherub stretched forth his hand from between the cherubims unto the fire that was between the cherubims, and took thereof, and put it into the hands of him that was clothed with linen: who took it, and went out.

8And there appeared in the cherubims the form of a man's hand under their wings.”

Participant

Hi Nick:

Men are not angelic beings. That is true, but a man who is a messenger of God can be referred to as an angel. The definition of the word in the Stong's Concordance is: “a messenger, envoy, one who is sent, an angel, a messenger of God”.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 92,
    You say
    “That is true, but a man who is a messenger of God can be referred to as an angel. “
    Really? Can you give us examples

david
    Participant

Nick, since the word used as “angel” and “messenger” in your Bible are the exact same word, your question makes little sense.

When the translator thnk that word relates to a person, it is generally translated “messenger,” and when referring to a spirit creature, it is translated “angel.”

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 92,
    Were these angels. If not why not?
    Gen 32
    “And the messengers returned to Jacob, saying, We came to thy brother Esau, and also he cometh to meet thee, and four hundred men with him”
    Num 20
    “And Moses sent messengers from Kadesh unto the king of Edom, Thus saith thy brother Israel, Thou knowest all the travail that hath befallen

Judges 6
    “And he sent messengers throughout all Manasseh; who also was gathered after him: and he sent messengers unto Asher, and unto Zebulun, and unto Naphtali; and they came up to meet them.”

2Kings 6 31
    “Then he said, God do so and more also to me, if the head of Elisha the son of Shaphat shall stand on him this day.

32But Elisha sat in his house, and the elders sat with him; and the king sent a man from before him: but ere the messenger came to him, he said to the elders, See ye how this son of a murderer hath sent to take away mine head? look, when the messenger cometh, shut the door, and hold him fast at the door: is not the sound of his master's feet behind him?

33And while he yet talked with them, behold, the messenger came down unto him: and he said, Behold, this evil is of the LORD; what should I wait for the LORD any longer?”

Hagg 1.13
    ” 13Then spake Haggai the LORD's messenger in the LORD's message unto the people, saying, I am with you, saith the LORD. “

Participant

Hi Nick:

I gave you one example in the Bishops of the churches in revelation, but perphaps it does not apply to this subject. I just thought that you were kind of rough in your response to MichaelTheArchAngel.

Daniel 3:38 and Zechariah 12:8 seem to be referring to Jesus.

2 Tim. 2:24 states: “And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unot all men, apt to teach, patient…”

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 92,
    Certainly Jesus is a servant to God as we also are and angels also are.
    And there is one scripture that calls him a messenger.
    But that does not make him an angel  IMHO.

“Seems to be” is inference or opinion and we are interested rather in scriptural fact.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    This is a popular opinion that Christ came to earth before his birth but as it cannot be proven from scripture it has to be regarded as unfounded speculation in my view.

Proclaimer
    Participant

On the other hand there is no info that says that he didn't come to earth, or is there?

I think it is speculation either way. So to say that he didn't come because there is no specific scripture is also an assumption because scripture doesn't say that Christ didn't or couldn't come to earth.

I would have thought that since creation was made for him, that he had access and could visit anywhere he wanted.

But I would like to turn the attention to that angel/messenger that has God's name in him look at some of his characteristics, although this has been done. Perhaps a more in depth look.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi t8,
    As you know there are many things that are believed by many that are not written but truth is distilled from what is written. What is written and witnessed is undeniably true.Jesus relied on it as proof. What is opinion or starts as speculation can be proven as truth only by the Word.
    Matthew 4:4
    But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

Matthew 26:24
    The Son of man goeth as it is written of him: but woe unto that man by whom the Son of man is betrayed! it had been good for that man if he had not been born.

Luke 10:26
    He said unto him, What is written in the law? how readest thou?

2Cor 13
    1This is the third time I am coming to you. In the mouth of two or three witnesses shall every word be established.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Nov. 10 2006,15:27)
    Hi t8,
    As you know there are many things that are believed by many that are not written but truth is distilled from what is written. What is written and witnessed is undeniably true.Jesus relied on it as proof. What is opinion or starts as speculation can be proven as truth only by the Word.
    Matthew 4:4
    But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

Matthew 26:24
    The Son of man goeth as it is written of him: but woe unto that man by whom the Son of man is betrayed! it had been good for that man if he had not been born.

Luke 10:26
    He said unto him, What is written in the law? how readest thou?

2Cor 13
    1This is the third time I am coming to you. In the mouth of two or three witnesses shall every word be established.

Correct.

And now we look at the word.

That is the point.

When I first thought the Trinity was incorrect, it was a conviction I held. When I looked at the word it proved the conviction to be true.

So we should look to the word in this case too, and to conclude that Christ didn't come also needs proof.

At the moment I think it is safe to teach that it could have been either way (to be neutral). But if we take a stance either way, surely we need scripture to back up that stance?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi t8,
    Looking simply at the Word we do not find it written that Jesus is an angel or the angel of the Lord. Just as trinity is not written we can thus say that it is unproveable. You rightly abhor it as doctrine because you did not find it written.

We do find it written that Jesus is shown in relationship to the angels. Hebrews contrasts him with the angels without saying he is one of them so that makes it unlikely. There is no qualifying statement such as is shown in 1 Cor 15 clarifying the relationship between God and His Son.

“27For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him. “

Hebrews says is below the angels for a time and then they worship him.

Heb 1
    ” 4Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.

5For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?

6And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him”

Heb 2
    ” 2For if the word spoken by angels was stedfast, and every transgression and disobedience received a just recompence of reward;

3How shall we escape, if we neglect so great salvation; which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed unto us by them that heard him;”

Heb 2
    ” 7Thou madest him a little lower than the angels; thou crownedst him with glory and honour, and didst set him over the works of thy hands: “

So given all these things that are written should we surmise that Jesus is an angel?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Faith First,
    You may be interested in this thread.

NickHassan
    Participant

topical.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Many think that Jersus walked the earth before his birth.
    Some cite 1 Cor 10
    I think it is pretty obvious that it is the Holy Spirit that is spoken of, the Spirit of Christ.

1cor 10[emphasis mine]
    2And were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea;

3And did all eat the same SPIRITUAL meat;

4And did all drink the same SPIRITUAL drink: for they drank of that SPIRITUAL Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 59 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account