Christians and muslims believe the same thing

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 1,105 total)
  • Author
    bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (kejonn @ Feb. 11 2010,22:44)
    Ah, I see. it is just the word for “divine being” and not the god of Islam. I stand corrected. But Christians do not specifically call out to the god of Islam, or else they would be Muslims and not Christians.

I keep telling you ignore the semantics, different beliefs but same God, there is no god but GOD.

There is no one God for one religion and another God for a different religion it doesn't work that way, there are simply many ideas and beliefs about ONE GOD.

When you stopped believing you should have just examined your views on God and discarded those not God, just because you didn't understand or was incorrect about your ideas about how God does or should function did not make God non-existent, just your understanding became non-existent.

kejonn
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ Feb. 11 2010,10:51)
    I keep telling you ignore the semantics, different beliefs but same God, there is no god but GOD.

It is more than semantics. The gods described in the Old Testament, New Testament, and Quran do not match each other. Anyone reading without religious bias can see that. You certainly have that bias as you are the one making the claim that it is the same god.

There is no one God for one religion and another God for a different religion it doesn't work that way, there are simply many ideas and beliefs about ONE GOD.

And you have yet to even show the validity of this assertion. You saimply state that it is true and assume we should accept your word for it. Sad things is, even many Christians agree with me that the god of Islam is not the god of Christianity.

But that's the way it works. The majority of Jews do not believe the god of Christianity  is their god. The majority of Christians do believe your god is their god. And the majority of Muslims would not agree that they serve the same god as the Mormons.

When you stopped believing you should have just examined your views on God and discarded those not God, just because you didn't understand or was incorrect about your ideas about how God does or should function did not make God non-existent, just your understanding became non-existent.

What's to understand about something that is invisible, silent, uninvolved and lacking any evidence of existence outside of ancient texts and the imaginations of human beings?

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (kejonn @ Feb. 12 2010,04:06)

It is more than semantics. The gods described in the Old Testament, New Testament, and Quran do not match each other. Anyone reading without religious bias can see that. You certainly have that bias as you are the one making the claim that it is the same god.

And you have yet to even show the validity of this assertion. You saimply state that it is true and assume we should accept your word for it. Sad things is, even many Christians agree with me that the god of Islam is not the god of Christianity.

But that's the way it works. The majority of Jews do not believe the god of Christianity  is their god. The majority of Christians do believe your god is their god. And the majority of Muslims would not agree that they serve the same god as the Mormons.

What's to understand about something that is invisible, silent, uninvolved and lacking any evidence of existence outside of ancient texts and the imaginations of human beings?

What you said is incorrect there is no Muslim that believe there is another god.

Also, it doesn't matter what anyone believes, not believing in gravity doesn't stop you from falling to the ground and not believing viruses won't stop you from catching a cold.

There is ONE GOD and many different views

kejonn
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ Feb. 11 2010,11:25)
    What you said is incorrect there is no Muslim that believe there is another god.

Also, it doesn't matter what anyone believes, not believing in gravity doesn't stop you from falling to the ground and not believing viruses won't stop you from catching a cold.

I can prove gravity. Drop something.

Now, prove god in the same simple manner. No special pleading, no reference to ancient texts, no supposition of design. None of that is real evidence.

Prove your god even exists. Call fire from heaven. Heal the sick. Restore a lost limb. Cure a child of Down Syndrome or autism. Restore the mind of someone with Alzheimers.

If you cannot do at least one of the above — if your god cannot — then he is not real.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (kejonn @ Feb. 12 2010,06:01)

Quote (bodhitharta @ Feb. 11 2010,11:25)

I can prove gravity. Drop something.

Now, prove god in the same simple manner. No special pleading, no reference to ancient texts, no supposition of design. None of that is real evidence.

Prove your god even exists. Call fire from heaven. Heal the sick. Restore a lost limb. Cure a child of Down Syndrome or autism. Restore the mind of someone with Alzheimers.

If you cannot do at least one of the above — if your god cannot — then he is not real.

Breathe. There's your proof.

Think. There's your proof

Speak. There's your proof.

Move. There's your proof

All very simply things.

kejonn
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ Feb. 11 2010,15:36)

Move. There's your proof

All very simply things.

None of the above is proof of a god. It is proof of life, which can be explained by abiogenesis.

Give me something that definitively points to a god's existence, something that cannot be explained by science.

You can't, and you know it.

Ed J
    Participant

It is more than semantics. The gods described in the Old Testament, New Testament, and Quran do not match each other.
    Anyone reading without religious bias can see that. You certainly have that bias as you are the one making the claim that it is the same god.

And you have yet to even show the validity of this assertion. You saimply state that it is true and assume we should accept your word for it.
    Sad things is, even many Christians agree with me that the god of Islam is not the god of Christianity.

Hi Kejonn,

Even you can plainly see that BD's god is a different God!
    BD does not like to hear 'he' worships the wrong god!

Ed J

Stu
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ Feb. 12 2010,04:25)

I am glad that you agree that not believing in evolution by natural selection does not stop it from being an accurate description of natural history.

Stuart

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Feb. 12 2010,14:34)

It is more than semantics. The gods described in the Old Testament, New Testament, and Quran do not match each other.
    Anyone reading without religious bias can see that. You certainly have that bias as you are the one making the claim that it is the same god.

And you have yet to even show the validity of this assertion. You saimply state that it is true and assume we should accept your word for it.
    Sad things is, even many Christians agree with me that the god of Islam is not the god of Christianity.

Hi Kejonn,

Ed J

But since all these gods only exist in each believer's head, you can't say that anyone worships 'the wrong god', can you.

No one else can worship the god that you have in your head, because it is unique to your imagination.

Stuart

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Feb. 12 2010,15:05)
    you can't say that anyone worships 'the wrong god', can you.  

Stuart

Hi Stuart,

I can and I did.

Ed J

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Feb. 12 2010,15:14)

Stuart

Hi Stuart,

I can and I did.

Ed J

Well you are right if you mean that when discussing gods you can say any old thing and it cannot be shown to be wrong.

I think your god hates broccoli.

I said it, so it must be true.

Stuart

karmarie
    Participant

Stu and Kejonn, although I like you's, I know what your all about! ;
    You dont need to say anything if it is intended to pull others beliefs down. Do you?
    For some people that could be all that is keeping them going.
    If you really want to learn you need to read listen and learn believe repent and change. If thats truely your intentions
    Do I make myself chrystal clear on that?
    I hope so.

Stu
    Participant

karmarie

I can’t speak for kejonn but do you know that I am ‘about’ finding the best description of natural history, and the philosophies that are the best descriptions of the human condition when compared with what we observe in humans? I assume you wouldn’t find that objectionable?

You dont need to say anything if it is intended to pull others beliefs down. Do you?

I cannot help if my search for the most honest description of what we are and where we live contradicts the religious fantasy stories of others. What value are those stories if they appear ridiculous to the believer when seen in the light of evidence? Shouldn’t such beliefs deserve to die if they are patently wrong or absurd? If the religious story of your choice is THE ONE way, and is so obviously true, why do you and others write as if you are full of doubt, while pretending that it is infallible?

Do you think it is cruel or unjustified to tell children that there is no such thing as Santa Claus? For children in some circumstances that might be the one thing that is ‘keeping them going’, but to function as an adult they will need to drop the Santa routine. I think you raise an interesting point, about the infantile nature of religious belief, which does line up with Freud’s view that a god idea replaces the person’s father in their own psyche.

If you mean to discuss cultural rituals where the people involved see participation as an excuse for a social gathering, then there is little harm done, but religions also fleece money from people, tell them lies about history, tell them that they will be punished by fire for crimes undefined, and worse tell them there is a danger they will have to live forever because they were good! It is more than just a cup of tea and a chat on a Sunday, isn’t it. Most manifestations of god-belief end up looking to me like something you would call evil. Should people not go into their religion in full knowledge? Would you seek to have people deceived about their own philosophy of life with restrictions information, ‘for their own good’?

If you really want to learn you need to read listen and learn believe repent and change. If thats truely your intentions

Why would you think I need to do any of that? Do you consider that you could learn, repent and change, or are you just telling us that we need to do that?

I hope in turn I have been clear with you too.

Stuart

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (kejonn @ Feb. 12 2010,14:03)

Quote (bodhitharta @ Feb. 11 2010,15:36)

Move. There's your proof

All very simply things.

None of the above is proof of a god. It is proof of life, which can be explained by abiogenesis.

Give me something that definitively points to a god's existence, something that cannot be explained by science.

You can't, and you know it.

Abiogenesis has never been proven, All life comes from life is an established biological/historical fact.

No proof will be enough for you because you have the Atheists Disease.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Feb. 12 2010,14:34)

Hi Kejonn,

Ed J

Keep partnering with Atheists and see how much YHVH likes it.

You call that being a witness? I witness you in deep deception and loving the corrupted.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Feb. 12 2010,15:14)

Stuart

Hi Stuart,

I can and I did.

Ed J

Why didn't you just agree with STU? I thought you guys were on the same page.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (karmarie @ Feb. 12 2010,22:46)
    I hope so.

AMEN!

kejonn
    Participant

Quote (karmarie @ Feb. 12 2010,05:46)
    I hope so.

This site has been set up to insulate those who don't like their beliefs challenged. If your faith is weak, then stay away from the “Skeptics Place” section. Couldn't be much simpler than that.

But let me ask you: would you be okay with an adult who kept a mannequin in his home and told everyone it was his girlfriend? What if he seemed to honestly believe that, would you go along and act as if the mannequin was indeed real? Or would you try to help him over his delusion?

karmarie
    Participant

Quote (kejonn @ Feb. 13 2010,08:33)
    This site has been set up to insulate those who don't like their beliefs challenged. If your faith is weak, then stay away from  the “Skeptics Place” section. Couldn't be much simpler than that.

Kejonn, I love having my faith challenged. The challenge of Athiests though I just dont know what to say. So up to this point I have avoided it.

But let me ask you: would you be okay with an adult who kept a mannequin in his home and told everyone it was his girlfriend? What if he seemed to honestly believe that, would you go along and act as if the mannequin was indeed real? Or would you try to help him over his delusion?

Belief in God is not a delusion.

karmarie
    Participant

Stuart,

If you enjoy science and think that is the truth, and others believe God is the truth, thats fine.

and Santa is an invention of Satan to take children into a make believe world then tell them it wasnt real. Just as is television, fiction books, and all the rest. We are living in a world full of delusion. That is the problem.

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 1,105 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account