Christians and muslims believe the same thing

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 761 through 780 (of 1,105 total)
  • Author
    terraricca
    Participant

stu

what hope do those who were victims of those diseases,and accidents by the millions have ?

Pierre

Stu
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ July 15 2011,16:20)
    stu

what hope do those who were victims of those diseases,and accidents by the millions have ?

Pierre

I see, you mean after they died?

Their hope is that death is final. That there is no celestial conspiracy of Imaginary Friends waiting behind death's veil to unleash grand eternity-sized judgments on trivial matters like their sexual practices or whether they wore two different textiles at the same time.

Is that what you meant?

Stuart

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ July 15 2011,23:46)

stu

Pierre

Their hope is that death is final.  That there is no celestial conspiracy of Imaginary Friends waiting behind death's veil to unleash grand eternity-sized judgments on trivial matters like their sexual practices or whether they wore two different textiles at the same time.

Is that what you meant?

Stuart

stu

Is that what you meant?

yea up,so in your views of evolution if you are on the plenty side you are on the good side ,right?

so if you die by being on the poor side that is tuff luck body,right?

and so it is normal that the poor pay for whatever the rich have right ?

so if you can not find yourself a good spot to live ,to bad live sacks .right ?

well it is nature way to get rid of the surplus this is the evolution view right, selection remember.

this is the way dictators think and many government ,

you really think this is the better way ?

Pierre

Stu
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ July 15 2011,17:21)

stu

Pierre

Their hope is that death is final.  That there is no celestial conspiracy of Imaginary Friends waiting behind death's veil to unleash grand eternity-sized judgments on trivial matters like their sexual practices or whether they wore two different textiles at the same time.

Is that what you meant?

Stuart

stu

Is that what you meant?

yea up,so in your views of evolution if you are on the plenty side you are on the good side ,right?

well it is nature way to get rid of the surplus this is the evolution view right, selection remember.

Pierre

None of that has anything to do with biological evolution, as far as I can tell.

Darwin's theory is not meant to be a philosophy to live by. It is just a factual statement of how biology works, and explanation for how things got to be the way they are. The expression “survival of the fittest” does not require a fight to the death, it is just a slightly careless way of saying that those members of a population that are best fitted to survival and reproduction in that particular environment are more likely to pass on their genes. There is no “should” involved. That is just what has happened over thousands of millennia, and what still goes on.

It is a separate question to ask how we should run things.

Stuart

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ July 16 2011,01:08)

stu

Pierre

Is that what you meant?

Stuart

stu

Is that what you meant?

Pierre

None of that has anything to do with biological evolution, as far as I can tell.

Darwin's theory is not meant to be a philosophy to live by.  It is just a factual statement of how biology works, and explanation for how things got to be the way they are.  The expression “survival of the fittest” does not require a fight to the death, it is just a slightly careless way of saying that those members of a population that are best fitted to survival and reproduction in that particular environment are more likely to pass on their genes.  There is no “should” involved.  That is just what has happened over thousands of millennia, and what still goes on.

Stuart

stu

can we separate the physical or biological man from the psychological man ?

if yes ,how?
    if no why?

Pierre

Stu
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ July 16 2011,09:16)
    stu

can we separate the physical or biological  man from the psychological man ?

if yes ,how?
    if no why?

Pierre

I'd guess that most treatments for mental illness administered by a psychologist or psychiatrist either work on reorganising connections in the brain or adding drugs that alter its chemistry. Neuroscientists make physical measurements of brain activity when a subject is performing various activities. All of these things are physical / biological so I don't think a distinction is made by those who know far more about it than me.

The psychological human is the outward effect of the operation of the organic brain. I understand that is part of the theory of mind. Do you see it a different way?

Stuart

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ July 16 2011,17:09)

stu

if yes ,how?
    if no why?

Pierre

I'd guess that most treatments for mental illness administered by a psychologist or psychiatrist either work on reorganising connections in the brain or adding drugs that alter its chemistry.  Neuroscientists make physical measurements of brain activity when a subject is performing various activities.  All of these things are physical / biological so I don't think a distinction is made by those who know far more about it than me.

The psychological human is the outward effect of the operation of the organic brain.  I understand that is part of the theory of mind.  Do you see it a different way?

Stuart

stu

you do not answer the questions

Pierre

Stu
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ July 16 2011,10:32)

stu

if yes ,how?
    if no why?

Pierre

I'd guess that most treatments for mental illness administered by a psychologist or psychiatrist either work on reorganising connections in the brain or adding drugs that alter its chemistry.  Neuroscientists make physical measurements of brain activity when a subject is performing various activities.  All of these things are physical / biological so I don't think a distinction is made by those who know far more about it than me.

The psychological human is the outward effect of the operation of the organic brain.  I understand that is part of the theory of mind.  Do you see it a different way?

Stuart

stu

Pierre

I thought I had. Please rephrase the question so your meaning is clear.

Stuart

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ July 17 2011,00:07)

stu

if yes ,how?
    if no why?

Pierre

Stuart

stu

Pierre

I thought I had.  Please rephrase the question so your meaning is clear.

Stuart

stu

my mistake

of, pertaining to, dealing with, or affecting the mind, especially as a function of awareness, feeling, or motivation: psychological play; psychological effect

so according to the above;

can we separate the physical or biological man from the psychological man ?

if yes ,how?
    if no why?

Stu
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ July 16 2011,17:33)

Quote (Stu @ July 17 2011,00:07)

stu

if yes ,how?
    if no why?

Pierre

Stuart

stu

Pierre

I thought I had.  Please rephrase the question so your meaning is clear.

Stuart

stu

my mistake

of, pertaining to, dealing with, or affecting the mind, especially as a function of awareness, feeling, or motivation: psychological play; psychological effect

so according to the above;

if yes ,how?
    if no why?

I still really don't know what you are driving at. Are you testing some religious concept with which I am unfamiliar? In what way are you suggesting a man could be separated from the same man?

Stuart

terraricca
    Participant

stu

I still really don't know what you are driving at. Are you testing some religious concept with which I am unfamiliar? In what way are you suggesting a man could be separated from the same man?

Stuart

we are two parts flesh and bone but there is what you call the mental state if you want,the mind,feelings not the senses the ones from the heart emotion,
    the mind of reasoning, this is were my questions relate to

understand ?

Stu
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ July 16 2011,18:42)
    stu

I still really don't know what you are driving at.  Are you testing some religious concept with which I am unfamiliar?  In what way are you suggesting a man could be separated from the same man?

Stuart

we are two parts flesh and bone but there is what you call the mental state if you want,the mind,feelings not the senses the ones from the heart emotion,

understand ?

OK. Your mental functions are the movements of electrochemical signals between neurons in your brain.

Stuart

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ July 17 2011,03:07)

stu

I still really don't know what you are driving at.  Are you testing some religious concept with which I am unfamiliar?  In what way are you suggesting a man could be separated from the same man?

Stuart

understand ?

OK.  Your mental functions are the movements of electrochemical signals between neurons in your brain.

Stuart

stu

you did not answer my questions

or do you not want to ?

you tell me what it is but not what part can be separated from the flesh,

you see i need help, what is the conscience of men ?

do animals have a conscience ?

Pierre

Stu
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ July 17 2011,02:50)

Quote (Stu @ July 17 2011,03:07)

stu

Stuart

understand ?

OK.  Your mental functions are the movements of electrochemical signals between neurons in your brain.

Stuart

stu

you did not answer my questions

or do you not want to ?

you tell me what it is but not what part can be separated from the flesh,

you see i need help, what is the conscience of men ?

do animals have a conscience ?

Pierre

Those things are all functions of your brain, involving electrochemical signals moving between neurons, so I did answer your question.

Did you want the mechanisms for how they work, too?

The brain controls behaviour and it has the properties of memory and awareness. The brain is made from the recipe contained in DNA, so that is one source of coding of useful survival behaviours, and the brain is plastic so it can learn behaviours by strengthening or eliminating connections between neurons.

The plastic brain changes to accommodate what is happening in its immediate environment, so for example, young children with very plastic brains will quickly imitate their parents and others, including their ethical behaviour. Then, the brain is capable of ethical philosophy so it can think and decide what is right. We have a strong sense of justice for example, and this leads to all sorts of discussion and lawmaking that wouldn't happen if we didn't. Of course within subcultures people might develop ethical ideas with which you and I would disagree, such as in criminal gangs.

So conscience exists as a function of the physical brain, based on genetics and cultural influence. This must be so because you know that people can change in their ethical opinions and behaviour if they suffer damage to the brain.

So, you tell me. What part can be separated from the flesh? I don't think there is anything.

Stuart

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ July 16 2011,01:08)

stu

Pierre

Is that what you meant?

Stuart

stu

Is that what you meant?

Pierre

Darwin's theory is not meant to be a philosophy to live by.  It is just a factual statement of how biology works, and explanation for how things got to be the way they are.  The expression “survival of the fittest” does not require a fight to the death, it is just a slightly careless way of saying that those members of a population that are best fitted to survival and reproduction in that particular environment are more likely to pass on their genes.  There is no “should” involved.  That is just what has happened over thousands of millennia, and what still goes on.

Stuart

stu

is there no moral to your evolution system ?

because billions of people will die soon

Pierre

Stu
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ July 17 2011,08:48)
    stu

Pierre

Billions of people will die of what?

What is “[my] evolution system”?

I have no idea what you are talking about.

Have we moved on from conscience now?

Stuart

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ July 18 2011,04:41)

stu

Pierre

Stuart

stu

the news in Africa,China,India, is glum do you see or look at the world news or live in a cocoon?

starvation ,and natural disasters,and the out come of disasters,

this is not taken in account those who die from decease in western countries,

and no to you question,there still many other things to understand how evolution is a disease not only a theory,but let clear up these questions first if you want ?

Pierre

terraricca
    Participant

stu

The plastic brain changes to accommodate what is happening in its immediate environment, so for example, young children with very plastic brains will quickly imitate their parents and others, including their ethical behaviour. Then, the brain is capable of ethical philosophy so it can think and decide what is right. We have a strong sense of justice for example, and this leads to all sorts of discussion and lawmaking that wouldn't happen if we didn't. Of course within subcultures people might develop ethical ideas with which you and I would disagree, such as in criminal gangs.

is this true ?if a child does not learn in the first tree years of his live he will not learn any after ?

and if a child is given food as needed but no contact with other humans or live contact it will die is this true ?

Pierre

Stu
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ July 18 2011,03:18)

Quote (Stu @ July 18 2011,04:41)

stu

Pierre

Stuart

stu

the news in Africa,China,India, is glum do you see or look at the world news or live in a cocoon?

starvation ,and natural disasters,and the out come of disasters,

this is not taken in account those who die from decease in western countries,

and no to you question,there still many other things to understand how evolution is a disease not only a theory,but let clear up these questions first if you want ?

Pierre

Have you looked closer at the reasons why people die of starvation? They are mostly political. Yes I know people in the West die of disease. Even the cause known as “old age” still represents a specific identifiable disease of some kind.

Not sure what you are planning to do about natural disasters. Perhaps your Imaginary Friend could stop being so violent?

What other things are there to “understand” about evolution? How is it a “disease”?

Stuart

Stu
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ July 18 2011,03:25)
    stu

The plastic brain changes to accommodate what is happening in its immediate environment, so for example, young children with very plastic brains will quickly imitate their parents and others, including their ethical behaviour.  Then, the brain is capable of ethical philosophy so it can think and decide what is right.  We have a strong sense of justice for example, and this leads to all sorts of discussion and lawmaking that wouldn't happen if we didn't.  Of course within subcultures people might develop ethical ideas with which you and I would disagree, such as in criminal gangs.  

is this true ?if a child does not learn in the first tree years of his live he will not learn any after ?

and if a child is given food as needed but no contact with other humans or live contact it will die is this true ?

Pierre

Sounds like nonsense to me.

Stuart

Viewing 20 posts - 761 through 780 (of 1,105 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account