Christians and muslims believe the same thing

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 741 through 760 (of 1,105 total)
  • Author
    terraricca
    Participant

stu

Would you like to talk about cosmology instead?

no for heaven sake no,another waste of time ,my time is my last run and so i have to use it wisely,

Pierre

terraricca
    Participant

stu

Yes. Understanding the nature of your heritage puts you in a much better position to be empathetic and strategic about improving the world. Knowing about your evolutionary heritage and how it has molded us leads to understanding of human behaviour.

there is no heritage that i see in this world that pleases me ,as for human behaviour it would be better i think that we should take all men who behave as a animal and put them all on a highland some were at sea,:D :D

the only back ground you have is a monkey see I can not live like one or thinking i am one ,it insults my intelligence,the understanding of nature is also taken away by this world ,aspfalt and concrete is our world ,soon there will be no birds to sing a song to my ears,i do not go fishing all is poison,the ocean is full of crap radio active ,hardly any forest ,wen i was a kid i love to spend time in the forest and a little creek,this was my world ,fish in the creek ,clean clear water,birds all sort of it singing ,and leaches,100 s of little live ,this i feel was my home ,I have learn much there ,this is 65 years ago,

Pierre

terraricca
    Participant

stu

Possibly. As I mentioned earlier, I think few of our leaders even have much of this knowledge. Why don’t you (as a country) try electing some leaders that actually know about evolutionary biology, or the evolution of the solar system and see if that improves the honesty of government? After all, your legislature is full of people who would claim they “know” god exists, and they know what a god is and what it wants people to do, even though they cannot show you the god they are talking about. Would you call that honest?

Possibly,maybe,perhaps,probably,if,can not ,do not,know not ,ect
    does not cut for me ,i understand the present in those them but not the future

as far that i understand you you do not understand the God I believe in,my God is not found in religion ,any way men is a pathological liar in my book and unless i have prove that he is not a liar then i will give credit were it is due.

terraricca
    Participant

stu

Yes. Fighting drug resistant pathogens and many genetic diseases requires an understanding of biological evolution. Without this understanding we could be all back in the condition we were in before the development of penicillin, that antibiotic having become useless due to evolution of pathogens, and there would be confusion without hope for sufferers of genetic conditions that are now being understood.

you forgot the drug ;thalidomide,there are many ,many more but this i one i remember the most,
    for greed scientist many of them in later years of there live money is more important than honesty,you can google all the killer drugs who have been and are on the market in the past 50 years or so,so i disagree on this with you ,

Pierre

terraricca
    Participant

stu

Yes. We understand the process of artificial selection of plants and animals that has gone on for the last 10,000 years or so, which has resulted in much more palatable and nutritious food, and the principles of genetic engineering that may have to be used to feed people in the future, based on an understanding of evolutionary biology.

you are blind ,did you see the last world report ? October this year 7 billion people, 2 billions no food and will starve from hunger and decease,
    another 2 billion only live on the line of poverty and dead and decease and war

yes the western world as it good for now ,but your dream of having enough food for all is a dream ,

also consider the forest are burning up,soon there will be no more ,or little bushes, land is vanishing because of city building bigger and bigger because of more people a vicious circle ,

all those cities depend on there electricity,sewer system and water supply who are all circulating because of electricity,never mind all the appliances full of food ,rats dogs cats,and what not is there in big cities ,just remember Katerina in new Orleans

anyway so much for that

Pierre

terraricca
    Participant

stu

Yes. Science in general is a candle in the darkness. In the Dark Ages they had god and not much else, and they lived short and miserable lives as they succumbed to diseases that we can often cure today because of those burning candles.

science is helpless when nature comes down on us ,and i mean on us all, AIDS as killed how many?
    TB kills many ,Spanish flu killed 20 million people , and i only quote a few, no science is darkness in the greater darkness ,what about just lately Japan nuclear plant

the Monsanto plant in India ,and there is more to many to say,every country as is disasters

Stu
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ July 14 2011,15:08)
    stu

Yes.  Understanding the nature of your heritage puts you in a much better position to be empathetic and strategic about improving the world.  Knowing about your evolutionary heritage and how it has molded us leads to understanding of human behaviour.

there is no heritage that i see in this world that pleases me ,as for human behaviour it would be better i think that we should take all men who behave as a animal and put them all on a highland some were at sea,:D :D

the only back ground you have is a monkey see I can not live like one or thinking i am one ,it insults my intelligence,the understanding of nature is also taken away by this world ,aspfalt and concrete is our world ,soon there will be no birds to sing a song to my ears,i do not go fishing all is poison,the ocean is full of crap radio active ,hardly any forest ,wen i was a kid i love to spend time in the forest and a little creek,this was my world ,fish in the creek ,clean clear water,birds all sort of it singing ,and leaches,100 s of little live ,this i feel was my home ,I have learn much there ,this is 65 years ago,

Pierre

We can't vilify or cast people out. Humans have to be treated humanely, otherwise what should be expected from them in turn?

Stuart

Stu
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ July 14 2011,15:15)
    stu

Possibly.  As I mentioned earlier, I think few of our leaders even have much of this knowledge.  Why don’t you (as a country) try electing some leaders that actually know about evolutionary biology, or the evolution of the solar system and see if that improves the honesty of government?  After all, your legislature is full of people who would claim they “know” god exists, and they know what a god is and what it wants people to do, even though they cannot show you the god they are talking about.  Would you call that honest?  

Possibly,maybe,perhaps,probably,if,can not ,do not,know not ,ect
    does not cut for me ,i understand the present in those them but not the future

as far that i understand you you do not understand the God I believe in,my God is not found in religion ,any way men is a pathological liar in my book and unless i have prove that he is not a liar then i will give credit were it is due.

If you believe in a god then the dictionary says you are religious.

There is no point in denying definitions, just as there is no point in denying your biological classification.

Stuart

Stu
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ July 14 2011,15:21)
    stu

Yes.  Fighting drug resistant pathogens and many genetic diseases requires an understanding of biological evolution.  Without this understanding we could be all back in the condition we were in before the development of penicillin, that antibiotic having become useless due to evolution of pathogens, and there would be confusion without hope for sufferers of genetic conditions that are now being understood.

you forgot the drug ;thalidomide,there are many ,many more but this i one i remember the most,
    for greed scientist many of them in later years of there live money is more important than honesty,you can google all the killer drugs who have been and are on the market in the past 50 years or so,so i disagree on this with you ,

Pierre

Thalidomide is not an example of use of evolutionary knowledge. Thalidomide is still a very important medicine that can help people with particular conditions far more than any other drug. But as you know it must never be taken by women who are, or could be pregnant.

Stuart

Stu
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ July 14 2011,15:33)
    stu

Yes.  We understand the process of artificial selection of plants and animals that has gone on for the last 10,000 years or so, which has resulted in much more palatable and nutritious food, and the principles of genetic engineering that may have to be used to feed people in the future, based on an understanding of evolutionary biology.

you are blind ,did you see the last world report ? October this year 7 billion people, 2 billions no food and will starve from hunger and decease,
    another 2 billion only live on the line of poverty and dead and decease and war

yes the western world as it good for now ,but your dream of having enough food for all is a dream ,

also consider the forest are burning up,soon there will be no more ,or little bushes, land is vanishing because of city building bigger and bigger because of more people a vicious circle ,

all those cities depend on there electricity,sewer system and water supply who are all circulating because of electricity,never mind all the appliances full of food ,rats dogs cats,and what not is there in big cities ,just remember Katerina in new Orleans

anyway so much for that

Pierre

The world population is going to rise dramatically. But we will not be able to do anything about coping with that if we do not use some pretty smart thinking and research new technology.

Sitting and praying would be to do nothing.

Stuart

Stu
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ July 14 2011,15:41)
    stu

Yes.  Science in general is a candle in the darkness.  In the Dark Ages they had god and not much else, and they lived short and miserable lives as they succumbed to diseases that we can often cure today because of those burning candles.

science is helpless when nature comes down on us ,and i mean on us all, AIDS as killed how many?
    TB kills many ,Spanish flu killed 20 million people , and i only quote a few, no science is darkness in the greater darkness ,what about just lately Japan nuclear plant

the Monsanto plant in India ,and there is more to many to say,every country as is disasters

I think you probably mean the Union Carbide plant at Bhopal that exploded releasing methyl isocyanate that killed thousands and maimed tens of thousands.

That plant was manufacturing pesticides needed to grow commercial crops to feed people. With that benefit came the risk, for which Union Carbide was responsible. It was not the first time things had gone badly for them. The science said to operate the plant in a particular way, but they operated the plant in another way.

No one is responsible for the appearance of HIV / AIDS. Did you see in the news recently a man had been cured of his HIV infection? TB is no longer the widespread cause of death that it once was in the West. Scientific knowledge does not guarantee the technology needed to fix every problem, but it is still the only hope we have, and with the exception of the Spanish flu it has given hope in each of these situations. Prayer doesn't do anything above placebo. What else is there?

Stuart

Participant

Quote (Stu @ July 14 2011,10:30)

Quote (942767 @ July 14 2011,10:14)
    Stu:

You are invited to call on the One and Only True God if you desire to do so.  This is not a demand, but an invitation.

I believe that I have answered your question relative as to why I do not call on gods that I know to be false.

If you want to make that determination for yourself, call on them and see if they will answer you.  

Jhn 17:3   And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

You have not answered the question of how you know that Roman and Greek gods don't exist.

I think you are a hypocrite.

Stuart

Hi Stu:

I already told you why I believe that they are false gods.

I would be a hypocrite if I did anything other than call on the God that I know to the the One and Only True God.

Love in Christ,
    Marty[/quote]
    Your use of religious platitudes and ancient mythological writing makes no difference, because both are circular and therefore invalid.  You say that you know your god exists because your book of mythology tells you that there is a god that has written its “word” in the book that claims it exists.  

Your hypocrisy is rooted in the fact that you would ask others to call out to your god while you won't call out to others' gods.

Were you trying to convince me?  I don't think anyone should be convinced through being patronised in this way.

Stuart[/quote]
    Hi Stu:

I said that I know that my God exists through my personal experience.

It is my commission to share the gospel with whomever wants to hear, and I have done this whether or not you are convinced.  

I know that you will be convinced one way or another because what I have shared with you is the truth.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ July 15 2011,02:04)

Quote (terraricca @ July 14 2011,15:41)
    stu

Yes.  Science in general is a candle in the darkness.  In the Dark Ages they had god and not much else, and they lived short and miserable lives as they succumbed to diseases that we can often cure today because of those burning candles.

I think you probably mean the Union Carbide plant at Bhopal that exploded releasing methyl isocyanate that killed thousands and maimed tens of thousands.

That plant was manufacturing pesticides needed to grow commercial crops to feed people.  With that benefit came the risk, for which Union Carbide was responsible.  It was not the first time things had gone badly for them.  The science said to operate the plant in a particular way, but they operated the plant in another way.

No one is responsible for the appearance of HIV / AIDS.  Did you see in the news recently a man had been cured of his HIV infection?  TB is no longer the widespread cause of death that it once was in the West.  Scientific knowledge does not guarantee the technology needed to fix every problem, but it is still the only hope we have, and with the exception of the Spanish flu it has given hope in each of these situations.  Prayer doesn't do anything above placebo.  What else is there?

Pierre

Stuart

stu

yes you right it was Union Carbide,

No one is responsible for the appearance of HIV / AIDS

thats true ,men of low morality just spraid it all over the world

look Africa millions are infected,

During the 18th and 19th centuries, tuberculosis reached near-epidemic proportions in the rapidly urbanizing and industrializing societies of Europe and North America. Indeed, “consumption,” as it was then known, was the leading cause of death for all age groups in the Western world from that period until the early 20th century, at which time improved health and hygiene brought about a steady decline in its mortality rates. Since the 1940s, antibiotic drugs have reduced the span of treatment to months instead of years, and drug therapy has done away with the old TB sanatoriums where patients at one time were nursed for years while the defensive properties of their bodies dealt with the disease.

Today, in less-developed countries where population is dense and hygienic standards poor, tuberculosis remains a major fatal disease. The prevalence of the disease has increased in association with the HIV/AIDS epidemic; an estimated one out of every four deaths from tuberculosis involves an individual coinfected with HIV. In addition, the successful elimination of tuberculosis as a major threat to public health in the world has been complicated by the rise of new strains of the tubercle bacillus that are resistant to conventional antibiotics. Infections with these strains are often difficult to treat and require the use of combination drug therapies, sometimes involving the use of five different agents.

what hope do those who were victims of those diseases,and accidents have ?

Stu
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ July 15 2011,01:02)

It is my commission to share the gospel with whomever wants to hear, and I have done this whether or not you are convinced.  

I know that you will be convinced one way or another because what I have shared with you is the truth.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

I'm sure I could find at least five verses from your scripture that you have contravened in telling me this. If you will pardon the parody, I have substituted the name of a god just as likely to exist as yours into your own statement. Now read it while putting yourself in my shoes:

I said that I know that Zeus exists through my personal experience.

It is my commission to share stories of the pantheon with whomever wants to hear, and I have done this whether or not you are convinced.

Do you feel patronised and as if you have been bored by a arrogant hypocrite with nothing meaningful to say?

That's how I felt.

Stuart

Stu
    Participant

terraricca

thats true ,men of low morality just spraid it all over the world

I know. And he calls himself Benedict, meaning to speak well. We know his name starts with Rat…

If they live in a country where the drug combination is available then they have a great deal of hope.

The question there is not how people have been imprisoned by technology but how we can liberate the medical technology from patent laws so the developing world can gain the benefits too. Of course there are many good people working on that question right now.

Stuart

Participant

Quote (Stu @ July 15 2011,07:27)

Love in Christ,
    Marty

I'm sure I could find at least five verses from your scripture that you have contravened in telling me this.  If you will pardon the parody, I have substituted the name of a god just as likely to exist as yours into your own statement.  Now read it while putting yourself in my shoes:

It is my commission to share stories of the pantheon with whomever wants to hear, and I have done this whether or not you are convinced.  

Do you feel patronised and as if you have been bored by a arrogant hypocrite with nothing meaningful to say?

That's how I felt.  

Stuart

Hi Stu:

Well then, I will quit boring you with the gospel which is good news to those who will receive it.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

terraricca
    Participant

stu

If they live in a country where the drug combination is available then they have a great deal of hope.

The question there is not how people have been imprisoned by technology but how we can liberate the medical technology from patent laws so the developing world can gain the benefits too. Of course there are many good people working on that question right now.

Stuart

you did not answer my question,so please do

Pierre

terraricca
    Participant

stu

thats true ,men of low morality just spread it all over the world

I know. And he calls himself Benedict, meaning to speak well. We know his name starts with Rat…

that is only one among millions

Pierre

Stu
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ July 15 2011,07:43)

Quote (Stu @ July 15 2011,07:27)

Love in Christ,
    Marty

I'm sure I could find at least five verses from your scripture that you have contravened in telling me this.  If you will pardon the parody, I have substituted the name of a god just as likely to exist as yours into your own statement.  Now read it while putting yourself in my shoes:

That's how I felt.  

Stuart

Hi Stu:

Well then, I will quit boring you with the gospel which is good news to those who will receive it.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

OK. Bye then.

Stuart

Stu
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ July 15 2011,09:10)
    stu

thats true ,men of low morality just spread it all over the world

I know.  And he calls himself Benedict, meaning to speak well.  We know his name starts with Rat…

that is only one among millions

Pierre

I don't think we would disagree on the question of those who tell their sex partners that they are HIV negative when they are HIV positive and/or fail to use safe practices. We have people in prison in NZ for such things, one who infected others by reckless carelessness, and another who infected others intentionally.

The depravity of Ratzinger is displayed in his attitude to married couples where one partner has the virus, however acquired. He refuses to concede the use of condoms to prevent infection from one partner to the other within marriage.

His religiously-motivated intransigence on the question of condom use has cost 2-3 million lives by some estimates.

Stuart

Viewing 20 posts - 741 through 760 (of 1,105 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account