Christians and muslims believe the same thing

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 521 through 540 (of 1,105 total)
  • Author
    Stu
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ July 05 2011,11:33)
    Hi Stu:

What came first, the chicken or the egg?

Love in Christ,
    Marty

The egg.

Stuart

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (princess @ July 04 2011,01:53)

Mat 23:24  `Blind guides! who are straining out the gnat, and the camel are swallowing.

is the only christian text i could find matching the conversation.,

edj & t,
    taking one manificiant creature to Prince Stuart, is of no use, he is bound and determined not to even have one thought of a creator, if this would enter into his thinking he might bring down his own reign, which cannot be the case.
    perhaps Stuart has not had a spiritual experience, and if he has, there has been some way science can explain it, some i think he has just set aside for further study.

however, when he asks such child like questions, there simply is no answer.
    a very simple one, although this would not be taught in any youth sunday school class would it.

why did the Lord of Hosts command his chosen to dash childrens heads against the stone, would  you do as instructed?
    is this to deter any more heathens growing up to come up against them in revenge, seems alot like nero, having every child killed under the age of

Hi Princess,

When anything in nature steers genetic survival, with Stuart,
    it is all fine and dandy; plagues, Hitler's death camps, ect.

But when “Higher Intelligence” steers the course, such
    as Noah's flood, YHVH's commands, there Stuart
    draws the line and cry's fowl. Stuart won't
    except YHVH eliminating a corrupt
    line of genetics (the giants).

Noah was a just man and (genetically) perfect in his generations. (Gen 6:9)

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

Stu
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ July 05 2011,14:30)
    I understand that Stuart find it hard to believe that a God who’s son preach LOVE let people do the things they do ,

Don't mean to butt in here, but I did see a name I recognised.

Just for the record, please remember that I do not think gods exist, they are Imaginary Friends of people who have come to believe a conspiracy theory that there are things going on in the universe they call “supernatural”.

In regards to the Problem of Evil, which is what I think you mean here, it is not MY problem, because it is not me who believes in conspiracy theories of the universe.

In regards to christianity, I do thing it is not just a neutral belief system ethically, it is an immoral belief system, for many reasons which I have already outlined in several places here.

In other parts of your post you indicated that christianity was a means by which you turned your life around. That is all very well, but the improvements in ones life you might claim are possible by believing in christianity are limited to what christianity is: a belief system that demands you believe nonsense, and believe immoral propositions. Maybe those immoral propositions are not as bad as the ones faced in street culture, but there are so many better ways of improving oneself than the one you found.

Stuart

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Stuart,

You have no comment on the corrupt genetics that YHVH wanted wiped off the land?
    Deut. 2:10-11 The Emims dwelt therein in times past, a people great, and many,
    and tall, as the Anakims; Which also were accounted giants, as the Anakims.

Witnessing to the world in behalf of YHVH! (Psalm 45:17)
    117=יהוה האלהים (JEHOVAH GOD) YÄ-hä-vā  hä ĔL-ō-Hêêm!
    Ed J (AKJV Isaiah 49:16 / Isaiah 60:14 / Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org   …(Eccl.9:12-16)

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Stuart,

Because of YHVH's actions to cleanse the land,
    Mo. uses that as an excuse to kill all who oppose
    his tyranny attributing his actions to his 'fake god'.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ July 05 2011,17:03)

When anything in nature steers genetic survival, with Stuart,
    it is all fine and dandy; plagues, Hitler's death camps, ect.

But when “Higher Intelligence” steers the course, such
    as Noah's flood, YHVH's commands, there Stuart
    draws the line and cry's fowl. Stuart won't
    except YHVH eliminating a corrupt
    line of genetics (the giants).

Noah was a just man and (genetically) perfect in his generations. (Gen 6:9)

Hi Stuart,

This post is for you, in case your ape-want-to-be mind missed the connection; any comments?

princess
    Participant

In regards to the Problem of Evil, which is what I think you mean here, it is not MY problem, because it is not me who believes in conspiracy theories of the universe.

'all evil, men proclaim, comes from the gods, yet nevertheless these fools ignore fate and divine warnings and cause their own ruin'

odyssey

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ July 06 2011,00:55)

Quote (terraricca @ July 05 2011,14:30)
    I understand that Stuart find it hard to believe that a God who’s son preach LOVE let people do the things they do ,

Don't mean to butt in here, but I did see a name I recognised.

Just for the record, please remember that I do not think gods exist, they are Imaginary Friends of people who have come to believe a conspiracy theory that there are things going on in the universe they call “supernatural”.  

In regards to christianity, I do thing it is not just a neutral belief system ethically, it is an immoral belief system, for many reasons which I have already outlined in several places here.

In other parts of your post you indicated that christianity was a means by which you turned your life around.  That is all very well, but the improvements in ones life you might claim are possible by believing in christianity are limited to what christianity is: a belief system that demands you believe nonsense, and believe immoral propositions.  Maybe those immoral propositions are not as bad as the ones faced in street culture, but there are so many better ways of improving oneself than the one you found.

Stuart

stuat

first I do not like the word Christianity i am against all organized religion,any they all have the same purpose ,

as of my view on you, was a respond to princess ,I know you do not believe that there is a God ,you made that clear,

but the fact that you do not believe in God this does not influence me in any way because it is not my problem and it seems it is not a problem to you either so we both are fine,

we can walk for a while, ensemble, just to see who we are and then separate like we will do any way because our time is numbered.

Pierre

terraricca
    Participant

stuat

but there are so many better ways of improving oneself than the one you found.

just to talk,tell me a few like 5 or 10  and do not tell me learn to play piano,or dance,or other stupid things like monkeys do

Pierre

Stu
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ July 06 2011,14:28)
    stuat

just to talk,tell me a few like 5 or 10  and do not tell me learn to play piano,or dance,or other stupid things like monkeys do

Pierre

Here's just one:

Don’t accept unsupported claims but require evidence; permanently reject the idea of certainty in anything; respect humans in an optimistic way although don’t necessarily respect their nonsense ideas; think of the platinum rule in your dealings with others; read Lucretius, Democritus, Galileo, Spinoza, Darwin, Russell, Jefferson, Paine, Hume, Twain, Weinberg, Dennett, Grayling and those of similar philosophy and attitude; seek an honest appraisal of the universe based on what can be reasonably said to be true about it.

Stuart

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ July 07 2011,01:50)

Quote (terraricca @ July 06 2011,14:28)
    stuat

Pierre

Here's just one:

Don’t accept unsupported claims but require evidence; permanently reject the idea of certainty in anything; respect humans in an optimistic way although don’t necessarily respect their nonsense ideas; think of the platinum rule in your dealings with others; read Lucretius, Democritus, Galileo, Spinoza, Darwin, Russell, Jefferson, Paine, Hume, Twain, Weinberg, Dennett, Grayling and those of similar philosophy and attitude; seek an honest appraisal of the universe based on what can be reasonably said to be true about it.

Stuart

Stuart,

Well you only have one ,this is very limited, you say; Don’t accept unsupported claims, this I do but we ,you and I have a problem ,because you have your supporting team and I have mine, you see stu ,it does not matter who you read or who you listen to it is always men that shows up,
    If you quote me like you do; read Lucretius, Democritus, Galileo, Spinoza, Darwin, Russell, Jefferson, Paine, Hume, Twain, Weinberg, Dennett, Grayling and those of similar philosophy and attitude;
    1.And on the other hand I quote you the scriptures with the 39 writers and I can add Rene Descartes, Braise Pasquale, Homer , Plato ,Socrates ,Thomas Aquinas ,Voltaire ,Zola, Nietzsche, Gibran Cahill,Machavelli, and many others,
    But they are all men just as the one you have given me ,
    Now you also advice me to ; seek an honest appraisal of the universe based on what can be reasonably said to be true about it.

this is nicely said but those are also men’s theory so always into construction and moving on by destroying the past history,
    You see Stuart ,what I did when I start to study the bible ,I at first did not believe it ,but for me the formula that I put in my mind was this ;IF THERE IS A GOD ,THEN ALL WHAT HE SAYS AND DO WOULD HAVE TO APPLY NOT TO A GROUP OF PERSONS BUT ON AND TO ALL MANKIND, and so all his laws ordinances and wisdom ,would under no condition CHANGE IN TIME.

This was my challenge to all my written readings and talks.

And after about ten years I came to the conclusion that not one men as survived my line of questions ,
    This is why i told you if you agree the words that say ,ALL IS VANITY ALL IS MEANNINGLESS ;SEE men is the only one that can think on this THE MEANING OF LIVE IT SELF,
    All men conversation goes toward doing the best you can were you are ,and then die, I believe that this is your view as well ,right?
    I am not satisfied with that answer I DO NOT WANT TO DIE IF I CAN AVOIDED, and this I think were our road s are separating ,you going one way and me going another right?

Pierre

Participant

Quote (Stu @ July 05 2011,16:42)

Hi Stu:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

The egg.

Stuart

Spoken like a true “Agnostic”.

Stu
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ July 07 2011,12:04)

Hi Stu:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

The egg.

Stuart

No, you've lost me there.

Please explain?

Stuart

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ July 07 2011,17:04)

Hi Stu:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

The egg.

Stuart

Please explain?

Stuart

Hi Stuart,

Marty meant “atheist” as mutations start in the egg.
    This is the point you were attempting to make, Stuart; No?

God bless

Stu
    Participant

terraricca

Well you only have one ,this is very limited, you say; Don’t accept unsupported claims, this I do

Don’t you believe in a man walking again after he was judicially executed? That is entirely unsupported by any evidence at all.

but we ,you and I have a problem ,because you have your supporting team and I have mine, you see stu ,it does not matter who you read or who you listen to it is always men that shows up,

You can only read or listen to what other humans have written. There aren’t other species capable of that kind of communication, are there?

If you quote me like you do; read Lucretius, Democritus, Galileo, Spinoza, Darwin, Russell, Jefferson, Paine, Hume, Twain, Weinberg, Dennett, Grayling and those of similar philosophy and attitude;
    1. And on the other hand I quote you the scriptures with the 39 writers

I think you’ll find the number is over 100.

and I can add Rene Descartes, Braise Pasquale, Homer , Plato ,Socrates ,Thomas Aquinas ,Voltaire ,Zola, Nietzsche, Gibran Cahill,Machavelli, and many others,

Interesting list. Are you confident Homer and Socrates actually existed?

this is nicely said but those are also men’s theory so always into construction and moving on by destroying the past history,

So you are not seeking an honest appraisal, you have already decided there must be something apart from what humans have worked out. Why are you telling me this without the evidence you know I require?

You see Stuart ,what I did when I start to study the bible ,I at first did not believe it ,but for me the formula that I put in my mind was this ;IF THERE IS A GOD ,THEN ALL WHAT HE SAYS AND DO WOULD HAVE TO APPLY NOT TO A GROUP OF PERSONS BUT ON AND TO ALL MANKIND, and so all his laws ordinances and wisdom ,would under no condition CHANGE IN TIME.

This was my challenge to all my written readings and talks.

There is the problem. You didn’t question the absurd assumption you are making. Your treatment has been lacking.

And after about ten years I came to the conclusion that not one men as survived my line of questions ,This is why i told you if you agree the words that say ,ALL IS VANITY ALL IS MEANNINGLESS ;SEE men is the only one that can think on this THE MEANING OF LIVE IT SELF,

What do you mean by “the meaning of life”?

All men conversation goes toward doing the best you can were you are ,and then die, I believe that this is your view as well ,right?
    I am not satisfied with that answer I DO NOT WANT TO DIE IF I CAN AVOIDED, and this I think were our road s are separating ,you going one way and me going another right?

I think so. I still have no idea what you think a god is, or what you think the alternative is to just dying. I won’t believe you without evidence, and I don’t think anyone should believe you without evidence.

How about you cash a cheque for me, for $100,000. I will pay you back once we have both passed over into the afterlife. Now I understand your mythology would reject the idea of money in whatever you think happens after death, but would you take up that offer just for a bet?

If not, why not?

Stuart

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ July 07 2011,17:16)

Hi Stu:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

The egg.

Stuart

Please explain?

Stuart

Hi Stuart,

God bless

No.

Stuart

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ July 07 2011,17:34)

Quote (Ed J @ July 07 2011,17:16)

Hi Stu:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

The egg.

Stuart

Please explain?

Stuart

Hi Stuart,

God bless

No.

Stuart

Hi Stuart,

What point were you attempting to make then (by saying egg)?

God bless

Stu
    Participant

Well thank you for asking.

A chicken is a bird, and birds are descended from dinosaurs.

Dinosaurs also laid eggs, in a time before chickens even existed.

Stuart

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ July 07 2011,17:54)
    Well thank you for asking.

A chicken is a bird, and birds are descended from dinosaurs.

Dinosaurs also laid eggs, in a time before chickens even existed.

Stuart

Hi Stuart,

Do you believe “bats” came from dinosaurs?

God bless

Stu
    Participant

Thank you for pointing that out, Ed. No, bats do not come from dinosaurs, but the bible implies that they do.

Stuart

Viewing 20 posts - 521 through 540 (of 1,105 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account