Christians and muslims believe the same thing

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 441 through 460 (of 1,105 total)
  • Author
    princess
    Participant

For example how many different types of fabric are you wearing at the moment?

only one silk, you?

one is to never mix fabrics, linen flows beautifully, cotton breathes, silk is just awesome in its own. why would one wear a cotton shirt with a linen skirt? makes no sense. the material does not match, nor the texture. fashion 101 Prince.

what of the text that reads do not eat crows, eagles, how about pork or shell fish.

i had a discussion about this one time with another individual and he had a few choice words to say. not very nice ones either, however most christians believe there are no dietary laws, however studies show otherwise in  healthy eating habits. vegatarian being the best choice. however, i just cannot give up baked fish, one of my favorites with a side of fresh steamed green beans, touch of garlic.

Rena
    Participant

Quote (princess @ June 25 2011,10:57)
    studies show otherwise in  healthy eating habits. vegatarian being the best choice. however, i just cannot give up baked fish, one of my favorites with a side of fresh steamed green beans, touch of garlic.

Sorry to interupt,

Istari, please take note of this.

And, heres a recipie I got off a website that was voted one of the best, I haven't tried it but will. They added and took away a few ingrediants though. You might want to try it.

Vegetarian Meatloaf .

Ingredients

2 cups water
      1 teaspoon seasalt
      1 can cooked lentils or one cup cooked.
      1 onion, diced
      Stalk of celery diced
      1 Grated carrot
      1 cup oats
      3/4 cup grated cheese  
      1 egg, beaten
      Half cup BBQ or tomatoe sauce
      1 teaspoon fresh minced garlic (or about 2 garlic cloves)
      1 teaspoon dried or fresh basil
      1 tablespoon dried or fresh parsley
      1/2 teaspoon seasalt
      1/4 teaspoon black pepper

Directions

Add salt to water and boil in a saucepan.
    Add lentils and simmer covered 25-30 minutes, until lentils are soft and most of water is evaporated.
    Remove from fire.
    Drain and partially mash lentils.
    Scrape into mixing bowl and allow to cool slightly.
    Sautee the onion and celery  in a little oil a minute or two
    Stir in onion, oats and cheese until mixed.
    Add egg, tomato sauce, garlic, basil, parsley, seasoning salt and pepper.
    Mix well.
    Cook 35 – 45 minutes in average oven heat.

Put some BBQ sauce on top when just about cooked if wanted.

From here,

http://www.food.com/recipe….y-33921

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ June 25 2011,07:23)

Quote (bodhitharta @ June 25 2011,06:15)

Quote (Stu @ June 24 2011,17:16)

Quote (bodhitharta @ June 24 2011,06:42)

Quote (Stu @ June 23 2011,18:56)
    Get back to us when you have something to say that is relevant to the point.

Stuart

I thought so, you are incapable of getting to the crux of the matter.

You paraphrased me well there.

So, do you have anything to say about the Problem of Evil?

Perhaps you don't believe your god is both omniscient and benevolent.

Stuart

Omniscient and Benevolent?

If One is Omniscient then only that One can truly know what Benevolence is right?

Consider your judgements and mine are based on partial understanding and comprehension, since we cannot know all things we cannot not “Know” what is 100% right. So as humans we pretend to be certain to know what is right and what is wrong. This is why God told us to not eat from the tree of what is good and what is evil because the deception of Satan was to make man believe he could determine for himself what is good and what is evil.

This is why God sent messangers to inform us of what we should do because our judgement is always based upon our own impatience.

Your celestial conspiracy theory makes you believe that there is objectively “100% right and wrong” but that is nonsense.  Humans think of morals in absolute terms but they will also have rules that determine which rule applies when there is conflict, and dilemma when two conflicting rules appear to be of the same importance.

The Ancient Jewish mythologies had a go at making lists of god's rules, and many of them are absurd.  For example how many different types of fabric are you wearing at the moment?  Was it satan talking when god supposedly said that anyone who eats from the tree of knowledge should surely die?  Because no one did.  Maybe this was the faux metaphorical “separation from god” death that makes the word death conveniently
    meaningless when it turns out that god was literally wrong.

Anyway, brave of you to admit you hear voices in your head.  Can you not see more moral ways to view the world than believing you can interpret demons, spirits, ghouls and Imaginary Friends that are not really there?

Stuart

You are correct no one did die because they repented and God had Mercy and Compassion.

(1) Then learnt Adam from his Lord words of inspiration, and his Lord Turned towards him; for He is Oft-Returning, Most Merciful.
    ( سورة البقرة , Al-Baqara, Chapter #2, Verse #37)

Participant

Quote (Stu @ June 23 2011,18:55)

Quote (942767 @ June 23 2011,12:47)

Quote (Stu @ June 23 2011,06:43)
    Does anyone here actually know what the Problem of Evil IS?

See!  My avatar is not blinded, it just can't believe the gullibility and ignorance.

If you haven't invented a god the you haven't invented a “Problem of Evil”:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Problem_of_evil

This is the realm of theodicy, apparently.  Are there any theidiots here who could explain it for the others?

Stuart

Hi Stu:

The fact is that God is a reality, and that in His infinite wisdom he has created all of his sentient beings with a free will, and evil has resulted as a consequence of man's choice to do evil.

Romans 5

12Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

And so, the question seems to be “why does He allow evil”.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

The idiocy of this theidiotic point of view is that you believe the Imaginary Friends of heaven sat there watching humans live short, brutal lives for 180 thousand years or more, then 5 or so thousand years ago decided that enough was enough. We know, they thought.  Let's impress ourselves by having a divine human killed in order to fulfill our own rules, the ones that we think humans are ignoring, and by the way, once that human has been killed we will cancel the rules.

Moronic.

Stuart

What is moronic is your interpretation of God's plan for this world and for humanity.

The first man, Adam was made a living soul. The last Adam was made a life giving spirit. God's plan was to make man in His own image. Jesus is the express image of God's person, and we who have been born again and are his disciples are becoming like him as we learn to apply the Word of God in our daily lives.

How can we learn to love our enemies if we did not have somewhere to put this concept into practice or where could we learn to have patience unless we had people like you to deal with. This world is the refining fire. Man has the freedom and the ability to kill the body, but he cannot kill the soul.

And you can shout all the insults that you want about my God and me, but we will turn the other cheek for now hoping that you will see the light, and repent so that we can have mercy on you, but in the end God is God not and will be God when you will go before the throne of his Christ to be judged according to your works. He knows all and sees all.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Stu
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ June 25 2011,10:48)
    You are correct no one did die because they repented and God had Mercy and Compassion.

(1) Then learnt Adam from his Lord words of inspiration, and his Lord Turned towards him; for He is Oft-Returning, Most Merciful.  
    (  سورة البقرة  , Al-Baqara, Chapter #2, Verse #37)

That is not what the Judeo-christian book of spells says. Perhaps you need to take this up with a christian and not with me.

Stuart

Stu
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ June 25 2011,13:04)
    What is moronic is your interpretation of God's plan for this world and for humanity.

The first man, Adam was made a living soul.  The last Adam was made a life giving spirit.  God's plan was to make man in His own image.  Jesus is the express image of God's person, and we who have been born again and are his disciples are becoming like him as we learn to apply the Word of God in our daily lives.

How can we learn to love our enemies if we did not have somewhere to put this concept into practice or where could we learn to have patience unless we had people like you to deal with.  This world is the refining fire.  Man has the freedom and the ability to kill the body, but he cannot kill the soul.

And you can shout all the insults that you want about my God and me, but we will turn the other cheek for now hoping that you will see the light, and repent so that we can have mercy on you, but in the end God is God not and will be God when you will go before the throne of his Christ to be judged according to your works.  He knows all and sees all.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

I counted 14 platitudes in that reply.

I have no idea what you are banging on about. You may as well be writing in Finnish.

What does any of it MEAN?

Please try to answer without lambasting me with platitudes about the blindness of the fool and all that moronic nonsense.

I stand by my previous post, which does not appear to have been refuted in any way.

By the way, I could insult you but I don't think I have, all I did was challenge the ideas in your head. It is not meant to be personal. As for insulting your god, you will have to convince me there is anything to insult before I will accept that.

Stuart

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ June 25 2011,00:15)

Quote (terraricca @ June 24 2011,11:30)

Quote (Stu @ June 24 2011,01:51)

Quote (terraricca @ June 23 2011,07:34)

Quote (Stu @ June 23 2011,13:43)
    Does anyone here actually know what the Problem of Evil IS?

See!  My avatar is not blinded, it just can't believe the gullibility and ignorance.

If you haven't invented a god the you haven't invented a “Problem of Evil”:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Problem_of_evil

This is the realm of theodicy, apparently.  Are there any theidiots here who could explain it for the others?

Stuart

stuart

the answer is true faith,

Pierre

Thanks for that platitude.  I bet you would be the last person to ask what it actually means.

Stuart

Bt

NO, I be the first so what does it mean ?

Pierre

It would be unfair of me to make that accusation without inviting your reply:

What does “the answer is true faith” actually mean?

Stuart

Stu

here is your answer;Jn 18:37 “You are a king, then!” said Pilate.
    Jesus answered, “You are right in saying I am a king. In fact, for this reason I was born, and for this I came into the world, to testify to the truth. Everyone on the side of truth listens to me.”

Pierre

Stu
    Participant

Quote (princess @ June 25 2011,09:57)

only one silk, you?

A polycotton shirt so that garment alone means I'm off to Hades.

Stuart

Stu
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ June 26 2011,12:03)

Pierre[/quote]
    Thanks for that platitude.  I bet you would be the last person to ask what it actually means.

Stuart[/quote]
    Bt

Pierre[/quote]

Stuart[/quote]
    Stu

Jesus answered, “You are right in saying I am a king. In fact, for this reason I was born, and for this I came into the world, to testify to the truth. Everyone on the side of truth listens to me.”

Pierre

Sounds like just the kind of politician that no one should listen to.

The answer must have been too subtle for me, or else the platitude is meaningless but designed to sound so impressive that no one would dare question it.

Stuart

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ June 26 2011,20:32)

Quote (terraricca @ June 26 2011,12:03)

Pierre

Stuart[/quote]
    Bt

Pierre[/quote]

Stuart[/quote]
    Stu

Pierre[/quote]
    Sounds like just the kind of politician that no one should listen to.

The answer must have been too subtle for me, or else the platitude is meaningless but designed to sound so impressive that no one would dare question it.

Stuart

stu

Everyone on the side of truth listens to me.”

thats it is this your case ?

Pierre

Stu
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ June 26 2011,16:43)

Pierre

What does it mean?

Is truth defined as “that which is true”? If so then I appeal to evidence, not to authority.

If truth is defined as one's personal construct, a worldview, then everyone must work that out for themselves based on what they believe to be “the truth”.

Do you claim that everyone on the side of truth listens to your messiah? It sounds like a cross between the No True Scotsman fallacy and the appeal to authority, both arguments of the scoundrel or the ignorant.

Stuart

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ June 27 2011,00:12)

Pierre

What does it mean?

Is truth defined as “that which is true”?  If so then I appeal to evidence, not to authority.

If truth is defined as one's personal construct, a worldview, then everyone must work that out for themselves based on what they believe to be “the truth”.

Do you claim that everyone on the side of truth listens to your messiah?   It sounds like a cross between the No True Scotsman fallacy and the appeal to authority, both arguments of the scoundrel or the ignorant.

Stuart

stu

you are a bright person ,if you would be interested in it i am sure you would investigate it,

and definitely not waiting for me to tell you.

this was my grain of salt,

Pierre

Stu
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ June 26 2011,17:19)

Pierre

What does it mean?

Is truth defined as “that which is true”?  If so then I appeal to evidence, not to authority.

Do you claim that everyone on the side of truth listens to your messiah?   It sounds like a cross between the No True Scotsman fallacy and the appeal to authority, both arguments of the scoundrel or the ignorant.

Stuart

stu

you are a bright person ,if you would be interested in it i am sure you would investigate it,

Pierre

You have absolutely nothing to say, do you. Not one single point in favour of your religion, or in support of its “truth”, or in support of its morality. Are you a sheep in awe of the emperor's new clothes?

You are obviously no idiot, but I think your celestial conspiracy of Imaginary Friends has impaired your ability to stand up for what you believe, and I don't think the thing you do appear to believe is worth standing up for.

What is its value? What single thing could be said in favour of christianity that could not be said much more confidently for a worldview without non-existent supernatural beings, or one that did not require believe in patently absurd tenets?

Stuart

princess
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ June 26 2011,13:29)

Quote (princess @ June 25 2011,09:57)

only one silk, you?

A polycotton shirt so that garment alone means I'm off to Hades.

Stuart

no, it just means you have bad taste in choosing clothing.
    ..and i cannot understand why you do not wear cotton, with all that orange hair.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ June 27 2011,00:29)

Quote (terraricca @ June 26 2011,17:19)

Pierre

What does it mean?

Stuart

stu

Pierre

You have absolutely nothing to say, do you.  Not one single point in favour of your religion, or in support of its “truth”, or in support of its morality.  Are you a sheep in awe of the emperor's new clothes?  

You are obviously no idiot, but I think your celestial conspiracy of Imaginary Friends has impaired your ability to stand up for what you believe, and I don't think the thing you do appear to believe is worth standing up for.

What is its value?  What single thing could be said in favour of christianity that could not be said much more confidently for a worldview without non-existent supernatural beings, or one that did not require believe in patently absurd tenets?

Stuart

stuart

I do not like Christianity,as for the truth do you not understand the understanding of the truth ,i mean the absolute truth ?

because there is a cause to all things so truth could be the essence of all the causes of what his known,

I have seen you analyze all things but do you understand the thoughts the way Socrates did ?

if you do so few words are necessary to create understanding ,if we see things in the pure truth and essence.

Pierre

Stu
    Participant

terraricca

I do not like Christianity,as for the truth do you not understand the understanding of the truth ,i mean the absolute truth ?

No idea what you mean by “the absolute truth”. What do you mean?

because there is a cause to all things so truth could be the essence of all the causes of what his known,

You are just asserting that everything has a cause. Many christians claim their god is uncaused. If you mean cause as in “cause and effect” then there is a time relationship between the two, and time did not exist until after the Big Bang, so the universe cannot have a cause in the way we understand. So I disagree that everything has a cause.

I have seen you analyze all things but do you understand the thoughts the way Socrates did ?

We would have to assume he existed in order for him to have really thought anything. But then the evidence for Socrates is much better than the evidence for the existence of Jesus, and I am happy to believe there was at least one ancient Palestinian preacher called Jesus, so I’m also happy with Socrates. The first part of the scientific method is Socratic and is the basis for a skeptical and inquiring approach to learning about the universe. Essentially Socrates did thought experiments instead of empirical ones, at which point science diverges from his thinking experiments. But I am encouraged to see you giving credit to the Ancient Greeks and their path to less certain but more reliable “truth” and placing less emphasis on the “absolute” truth of a religious preacher.

if you do so few words are necessary to create understanding ,if we see things in the pure truth and essence.

Two platitudes. What do they MEAN?

Stuart

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ June 28 2011,00:37)
    terraricca

I do not like Christianity,as for the truth do  you not understand the understanding of the truth ,i mean the absolute truth ?

No idea what you mean by “the absolute truth”.  What do you mean?

You are just asserting that everything has a cause.  Many christians claim their god is uncaused.  If you mean cause as in “cause and effect” then there is a time relationship between the two, and time did not exist until after the Big Bang, so the universe cannot have a cause in the way we understand.  So I disagree that everything has a cause.

We would have to assume he existed in order for him to have really thought anything.  But then the evidence for Socrates is much better than the evidence for the existence of Jesus, and I am happy to believe there was at least one ancient Palestinian preacher called Jesus, so I’m also happy with Socrates.  The first part of the scientific method is Socratic and is the basis for a skeptical and inquiring approach to learning about the universe.  Essentially Socrates did thought experiments instead of empirical ones, at which point science diverges from his thinking experiments.  But I am encouraged to see you giving credit to the Ancient Greeks and their path to less certain but more reliable “truth” and placing less emphasis on the “absolute” truth of a religious preacher.

Two platitudes.  What do they MEAN?

Stuart

Stu

like always lot of questions refusal to think or understand for the only purpose to wait and traped the others in there own words.

if by now you have not learn what is the absolute truth,sorry you will have to stay on your died,

Many christians claim their god is uncaused.

what do you think?

i have a question,did you ever read Descates Rene,book of THE MEDITATIONS ?

Pierre

Stu
    Participant

terraricca

like always lot of questions refusal to think or understand for the only purpose to wait and traped the others in there own words.

I disagree. This is common across various religions. Saying things that sound grand but commit nothing to meaning is the usual technique for generating false mystique, the central nutrition of religion.

if by now you have not learn what is the absolute truth,sorry you will have to stay on your died,

Is that a threat on behalf of your Imaginary Friend? Lets pretend it’s actually true: what is an appropriate response to “judgment” by the god of the Judeo-christian book of mythology? It has no moral authority to judge me that I recognise. I have never killed anyone, yet it boasts about killing as many as 24,000,000 humans. I would ask it, on your behalf as well as mine, what ethical principle it had in mind when it killed Uzzah, who was only trying to help by steadying the ark of the covenant from falling off the cart. Apparently this god is such an unforgiving egocentric dictator that killing humans is a reasonable way of asserting its authority. That monster has no qualification to be my “judge”, and especially when it judges me against the standard of responding to its demands for compulsory love, or accepting a human sacrifice as an excuse from my wrongdoing.

I would care about judging your god in these ethical terms, but it is an academic exercise because it isn’t really there.

Stu: Many christians claim their god is uncaused.

what do you think?

You mean what do I think about Imaginary Friends that don’t really exist??

I haven’t, and thank you for the recommendation. I suspect it is Avicenna + Anselm + Descartes’s existentialist statement, which will pall with me after a while, although I understand it engaged the Seventeenth Century mind even in Descartes own lifetime. Very popular with his Catholic audience.

What do you think I will get out of it?

Stuart

Stu
    Participant

Oops… Attempt two:

terraricca

I disagree. This is common across various religions. Saying things that sound grand but commit nothing to meaning is the usual technique for generating false mystique, the central nutrition of religion.

Is that a threat on behalf of your Imaginary Friend? Lets pretend it’s actually true: what is an appropriate response to “judgment” by the god of the Judeo-christian book of mythology? It has no moral authority to judge me that I recognise. I have never killed anyone, yet it boasts about killing as many as 24,000,000 humans. I would ask it, on your behalf as well as mine, what ethical principle it had in mind when it killed Uzzah, who was only trying to help by steadying the ark of the covenant from falling off the cart. Apparently this god is such an unforgiving egocentric dictator that killing humans is a reasonable way of asserting its authority. That monster has no qualification to be my “judge”, and especially when it judges me against the standard of responding to its demands for compulsory love, or accepting a human sacrifice as an excuse from my wrongdoing.

I would care about judging your god in these ethical terms, but it is an academic exercise because it isn’t really there.

Stu: Many christians claim their god is uncaused.

what do you think?

You mean what do I think about Imaginary Friends that don’t really exist??

I haven’t, and thank you for the recommendation. I suspect it is Avicenna + Anselm + Descartes’s existentialist statement, which will pall with me after a while, although I understand it engaged the Seventeenth Century mind even in Descartes own lifetime. Very popular with his Catholic audience.

Stuart

terraricca
    Participant

stu

Is that a threat

:laugh: :laugh:

I do not know that is depending on you, what book is your type of book ?

Pierre

Viewing 20 posts - 441 through 460 (of 1,105 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account