Christians and muslims believe the same thing

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 401 through 420 (of 1,105 total)
  • Author
    princess
    Participant

Stu,June wrote:

[/quote]
    Please pardon the interuption Prince Stuart,

The universe is too interesting for religious conspiracy theories of Imaginary Friends to detain even a single one of us from the engaging business of discovering what can reliably be known about it.

how does religion deter discovery of the universe, i am not following, or is the Stuart terms stating that the credit should not be given to a god.

Having responsibility for your sins removed through a human sacrifice is abominable

technically it is not the sacrifice itself, tis the blood of the sacrifice is what washes away the sin. christianity 101.

No god, no problem.

there would still be problems Prince Stuart. even atheists have standards, values and morals, do they not.

You will be dug up, judged, then permanently destroyed by fire

there is no digging, unless your using it as a metaphor of some sort, tis spiritual. your spirit is taken, as some call it the soul, and i do not think one is destroyed, more of an eternal torment. where the thirst is never quench or the worm never dies type. but then again it is the cannonized version you are discussing, that catholic church always did have a way of putting fear in their followers.

Stu
    Participant

Christianity 101, the blood of the sacrifice. Isn't that the same thing as the sacrifice itself? What is the difference?

No god, no problem means no god, no problem of evil. That was the point being answered.

Regarding eternal torment, perhaps you should have that conversation with others here who would disagree with you. I thought I was giving your religion the benefit of the doubt, but if you think it is really that unbelievably petty and small-minded then I double the claim that your religion is an abomination. Just as well it is a load of fantasy nonsense.

You wish to give credit to a god for the universe. Why? What did it do to deserve that? What is a god? What exactly does it do? How can you possibly know?

Stuart

princess
    Participant

1Jn 1:7  and if in the light we may walk, as He is in the light–we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son doth cleanse us from every sin;

prior to jesus

Exo 24:6  And Moses taketh half of the blood, and putteth in basins, and half of the blood hath he sprinkled on the altar;

the blood purifies. by what i have read from BD he disagrees with such. tis a discussion somewhere on the forum about this.

Prince Stuart, even through mans history ones that do not have gods, still have rules. what one may to refer as sin, another may consider an abomination.
    or are you informing me that atheists are a free for all type of individual. just clarifying.

it is most assured that others read my comment, if they chose to disagree then they will post.

well i triple dare you to explain lightening to me to its fullest, if you cannot then lightening must be a figment of my imagination, and i shall call it my friend.

Prince, how is that tea kettle god coming of yours? any evolution with species happen lately? hows dawkins coming along with refuting a claim that is not even true?

at times dear friend i think you have short term memory loss.

Stu
    Participant

I am still failing to see how blood is not the same thing as sacrifice, other than the pouring on of the blood from the sacrificial animal (specifically a great ape in the case of Jesus, if any of it is true) as a gruesome and barbaric cleansing ritual for mindless and ignorant people.

Shall I just clarify what I wrote by asking you to read it again? With no god there is no “Problem of Evil”. This is a very specific term to describe an aspect of christian mythology, not just any old term for ethics. If you don't follow a brutal celestial conspiracy theory of Imaginary Murderous Dictators then you do not have to endlessly ponder about whether a loving god would allow bad or apparently unjust things to happen.

Not sure what you mean about refuting things. What do you mean?

Stuart

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ June 20 2011,23:10)
    I am still failing to see how blood is not the same thing as sacrifice, other than the pouring on of the blood from the sacrificial animal (specifically a great ape in the case of Jesus, if any of it is true) as a gruesome and barbaric cleansing ritual for mindless and ignorant people.  

Shall I just clarify what I wrote by asking you to read it again?  With no god there is no “Problem of Evil”.  This is a very specific term to describe an aspect of christian mythology, not just any old term for ethics.  If you don't follow a brutal celestial conspiracy theory of Imaginary Murderous Dictators then you do not have to endlessly ponder about whether a loving god would allow bad or apparently unjust things to happen.  

Not sure what you mean about refuting things.  What do you mean?

Stuart

So is it your belief that there is no God and hence no such thing as Evil?

princess
    Participant

BD,

It is well documented that Prince Stuart does not believe in god, he is stating that if no god had been invented then the concept of evil would have not been invented either. quite simple.

i can understand why you would ask though, his use of adjectives become overwhelming at times, i do wish he would refrain using the dawkins method.

princess
    Participant

Now now Prince, your calling your own gene pool ignorant and mindless. does not show the respect that atheists are to portray.

I understand the concept your recommending. however, even taking away god from the equation, how does that solve the problem of just and unjust. do you really think the world would be so different without.

Dear Prince, I understand your passion for dawkins, you must understand though, his foundation of his writings is based on jesus is god, which is known as the trinity belief. you do understand the trinity belief, tis the oldest form of mythology there is. so in all actuality his writings are only subject to one who have multiple gods. you can compare it to the blind leading the blind type of thing, somewhat.

Stu
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ June 21 2011,03:42)

Shall I just clarify what I wrote by asking you to read it again?  With no god there is no “Problem of Evil”.  This is a very specific term to describe an aspect of christian mythology, not just any old term for ethics.  If you don't follow a brutal celestial conspiracy theory of Imaginary Murderous Dictators then you do not have to endlessly ponder about whether a loving god would allow bad or apparently unjust things to happen.  

Stuart

That is not relevant to the point I made here. Do you understand the point?

The “Problem of Evil”…

…never mind.

Stuart

Stu
    Participant

Quote (princess @ June 21 2011,11:59)
    Now now Prince, your calling your own gene pool ignorant and mindless. does not show the respect that atheists are to portray.

I understand the concept your recommending. however, even taking away god from the equation, how does that solve the problem of just and unjust. do you really think the world would be so different without.

Dear Prince, I understand your passion for dawkins, you must understand though, his foundation of his writings is based on jesus is god, which is known as the trinity belief. you do understand the trinity belief, tis the oldest form of mythology there is. so in all actuality his writings are only subject to one who have multiple gods. you can compare it to the blind leading the blind type of thing, somewhat.

If you read the quote of Richard Dawkins at the start on the thread on the insanity of atonement you will see that he does qualify his statement about whether Jesus had himself tortured to impress himself, or it was god (whatever that is) that had Jesus tortured so the god could impress itself: he gives you the option of believing that Jesus is god or not.

What is the problem of just and unjust? Is that a restatement of the Problem of Evil?

Do you mean imagine the world without a god? I don't have to imagine that!

Stuart

princess
    Participant

If God wanted to forgive our sins, why not just forgive them, without having himself tortured and executed

no Dear Prince, he does not, by the simple word of 'himself'.

Participant

Quote (Stu @ June 21 2011,17:52)

Stuart

That is not relevant to the point I made here.  Do you understand the point?

The “Problem of Evil”…

…never mind.

Stuart

Don't you mean, No God, no accountability? Live and let live. Eat, drink, and make Mary, for tomorrow you die.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ June 20 2011,17:54)
    Christianity 101, the blood of the sacrifice.  Isn't that the same thing as the sacrifice itself?  What is the difference?

No god, no problem means no god, no problem of evil.  That was the point being answered.

Regarding eternal torment, perhaps you should have that conversation with others here who would disagree with you. I thought I was giving your religion the benefit of the doubt, but if you think it is really that unbelievably petty and small-minded then I double the claim that your religion is an abomination.  Just as well it is a load of fantasy nonsense.

You wish to give credit to a god for the universe.  Why?  What did it do to deserve that?  What is a god? What exactly does it do?  How can you possibly know?

Stuart

Hi Stuart,

No such thing as everlasting torment for humans,
    that's a religious lie used to control the masses.
    YHVH is a loving God, wanting none to perish!

Your friend
    Ed J
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.com

Stu
    Participant

Quote (princess @ June 21 2011,22:57)

If God wanted to forgive our sins, why not just forgive them, without having himself tortured and executed

no Dear Prince, he does not, by the simple word of 'himself'.

He does not do what?

Why do you call your god a “he”?

Stuart

Stu
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ June 22 2011,01:06)

Stuart

The “Problem of Evil”…

…never mind.

Stuart

Don't you mean, No God, no accountability?  Live and let live.  Eat, drink, and make Mary, for tomorrow you die.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Do we need a thread where I explain to christians their own mythology of the Problem of Evil??

Didn't you pay attention at Sunday School?

Neither did I but I still understand what the Problem of Sin actually is!

Good grief people can we do just a little bit of homework here?

Stuart

Stu
    Participant

Oops…I meant the problem of evil, not the problem of sin.

Two different problems.

With this god of yours there are many problems. For example its brutality, its commanding of compulsory love, as Hitchens puts it, you are born sick and you are commanded to be well, and its apparent complete lack of existence.

Stuart

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ June 22 2011,03:39)

Quote (Stu @ June 20 2011,17:54)
    Christianity 101, the blood of the sacrifice.  Isn't that the same thing as the sacrifice itself?  What is the difference?

No god, no problem means no god, no problem of evil.  That was the point being answered.

Regarding eternal torment, perhaps you should have that conversation with others here who would disagree with you. I thought I was giving your religion the benefit of the doubt, but if you think it is really that unbelievably petty and small-minded then I double the claim that your religion is an abomination.  Just as well it is a load of fantasy nonsense.

You wish to give credit to a god for the universe.  Why?  What did it do to deserve that?  What is a god? What exactly does it do?  How can you possibly know?

Stuart

Hi Stuart,

No such thing as everlasting torment for humans,
    that's a religious lie used to control the masses.
    YHVH is a loving God, wanting none to perish!

Your friend
    Ed J
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.com

I realise what you believe on this, you don't need to tell me. Tell princess, she is the one disagreeing with you.

Atheists don't claim to have anything more in common than disregard for the existence of gods, but it seems I still have more in common with other atheists than christians do with one another.

Stuart

princess
    Participant

dawkins uses the trinity belief as his foundation to dispute there is no god. the 'he' used refers to dawkins.

i don't know why a person believes god is a male, you would have to ask them. sorry.

princess
    Participant

and Prince Stuart, Edj and I are not disagreeing with each other.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Stuart

The “Problem of Evil”…

…never mind.

Stuart

No, I understood are you saying there is no problem with evil?

The point is you really do not believe that God exists and you say that God is imaginary therefore I am asking you is “Evil” imaginary or real?

Stu
    Participant

Quote (princess @ June 22 2011,06:53)
    and Prince Stuart, Edj and I are not disagreeing with each other.

You say eternal torment, he says no eternal torment.

Do you agree with those sadists who say the eternal torment is for the entertainment of the christians watching from heaven?

I understand you can interpret scripture that way too. Just another reason to disregard christianity as small-minded brutality for the unforgiving.

Stuart

Viewing 20 posts - 401 through 420 (of 1,105 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account