Christians and muslims believe the same thing

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 341 through 360 (of 1,105 total)
  • Author
    shimmer
    Participant

Istari, thankyou for your help.

Bod, thats right what Istari said.

Also, Peter calls himself the “Father” of Mark in 1st Peter,
    “And so does Mark, my son“.

John said, “My little children, I am writing this to you so that you may not sin; but if any one does sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous”  And,  “No greater joy can I have than this, to hear that my children follow the truth”.

Matthew 23 can't be literal, it says the same about Teachers,  “But you are not to be called ‘rabbi,’ for you have one teacher, and you are all brethren. And call no man your father on earth, for you have one Father, who is in heaven. Neither be called ‘masters,’ for you have one master, the Christ”.

So, no Teacher, yet Christ says in Matthew  “Go therefore and make disciples of all nations……. teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you.”

Paul says “For this I was appointed a preacher and apostle……. a teacher of the Gentiles in faith and truth”  

It just seems to be saying that no-one should be placed higher than God, with anything.

5th commandment, “Honor your father and your mother”
    And in Matthew “Why do you also disobey the commandment of God because of your tradition? For God commanded, 'Honor your father and your mother,' and, 'He who speaks evil of father or mother, let him be put to death.”………………”You have made the commandment of God void because of your tradition.  You hypocrites!”

Can't concentrate though, too many distractions, hope that makes sense.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (shimmer @ May 18 2011,15:46)
    Istari, thankyou for your help.

Bod, thats right what Istari said.

Also, Peter calls himself the “Father” of Mark in 1st Peter,
    “And so does Mark, my son“.

John said, “My little children, I am writing this to you so that you may not sin; but if any one does sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous”  And,  “No greater joy can I have than this, to hear that my children follow the truth”.

Matthew 23 can't be literal, it says the same about Teachers,  “But you are not to be called ‘rabbi,’ for you have one teacher, and you are all brethren. And call no man your father on earth, for you have one Father, who is in heaven. Neither be called ‘masters,’ for you have one master, the Christ”.

So, no Teacher, yet Christ says in Matthew  “Go therefore and make disciples of all nations……. teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you.”

Paul says “For this I was appointed a preacher and apostle……. a teacher of the Gentiles in faith and truth”  

It just seems to be saying that no-one should be placed higher than God, with anything.

5th commandment, “Honor your father and your mother”
    And in Matthew “Why do you also disobey the commandment of God because of your tradition? For God commanded, 'Honor your father and your mother,' and, 'He who speaks evil of father or mother, let him be put to death.”………………”You have made the commandment of God void because of your tradition.  You hypocrites!”

Can't concentrate though, too many distractions, hope that makes sense.

So are you saying that Jesus wasn't being literal? If so what makes you think the term “son of God” is literal?

shimmer
    Participant

So are you saying that Jesus wasn't being literal? If so what makes you think the term “son of God” is literal?

Im not answering that Bod, I believe Jesus as the Son of God from Heaven and you dont, so lets just leave it.
    Youve already asked me this many times and you obviously dont want to learn anything by your questions.
    I will not change my belief. So only ask if you really want to know.

TimothyVI
    Participant

I understand your reluctance to answer Bod, shimmer.
    But actually that is a good question.

How exactly do you know what is literal and what is not?
    Is it just up to each individual to decide for themselves?

Could that be why there are so many different denominations of Christianity?

Tim

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (shimmer @ May 19 2011,12:31)

Im not answering that Bod, I believe Jesus as the Son of God from Heaven and you dont, so lets just leave it.
    Youve already asked me this many times and you obviously dont want to learn anything by your questions.

I actually said I believe that Jesus is the Son of God from heaven but I understand that Son and Servant are relative terms in the bible otherwise a lot of people called there sons servants and there servants sons. Because Paul could only mean as a metaphor that he begot some with the gospel and the angels of God being called the sons of God could only be a metaphor unless God procreates like humans do.

The Quran makes things like this clear and that was its intent: To make things clear.

The Bible especially the New Testament is not clear if it were some Christians would not think Christ is God and some believe Christ is not God, some believe Christ always existed some believe he came into existence when he was born on this earth. Christians cannot even agree on the numerics of God whether God is 1 manifested in 3 or 3 in 1 or a Binity…etc
    some even believe God is like a family name.

The Quran is Clear and in perfect alignment with what the Bible originally teaches and what the Jews brought to Humanity and that is the Knowledge that God Almighty is One God and there is no other.

Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ May 20 2011,10:21)

I actually said I believe that Jesus is the Son of God  from heaven but I understand that Son and Servant are relative terms in the bible otherwise a lot of people called there sons servants and there servants sons. Because Paul could only mean as a metaphor that he begot some with the gospel and the angels of God being called the sons of God could only be a metaphor unless God procreates like humans do.

The Quran makes things like this clear and that was its intent: To make things clear.

The Bible especially the New Testament is not clear if it were some Christians would not think Christ is God and some believe Christ is not God, some believe Christ always existed some believe he came into existence when he was born on this earth. Christians cannot even agree on the numerics of God whether God is 1 manifested in 3 or 3 in 1 or a Binity…etc

The Quran is Clear and in perfect alignment with what the Bible originally teaches and what the Jews brought to Humanity and that is the Knowledge that God Almighty is One God and there is no other.

Hi my friend:

Do you believe that Jesus was a prophet of God?

Love in Christ,
    Marty

shimmer
    Participant

I actually said I believe that Jesus is the Son of God from heaven

Bod, Praise God! “Whoever confesses that Jesus is the Son of God, God remains in him, and he in God”. 1st John 4:15, and Bod, “If you will confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved”. Romans 10:9.

Im happy now.

shimmer
    Participant

Bod, by the way, Istari who posted to you earlier was once the user 'JustAskin'. Just in case you didnt know that.

shimmer
    Participant

Now all you have to do Bod, is give up the Quran.

Timothy, you know the spirit of God leads you to all understanding. If you read the scripture without the leading of the spirit then it is just words. But with the spirit you are able to understand what it is meaning.

I dont understand denominations. Where TWO or THREE are gathered in his name, thats two or three.

SimplyForgiven
    Participant

Christians and Muslims do not believe in the Same thing nor things. There are things in common which when we research them are not really common at all.

The major difference in why they dont believe in the same thing is because
    1. Christians call themselves christians, and believe that they are not Muslims.
    2. Muslims call themselves muslims and believe that they are not christians.

of course Bod would simply say that muslims mean “people who submit” and cliam we all are muslims.

but of course thats not the case here.

just my two cents.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ May 20 2011,10:31)

I actually said I believe that Jesus is the Son of God  from heaven but I understand that Son and Servant are relative terms in the bible otherwise a lot of people called there sons servants and there servants sons. Because Paul could only mean as a metaphor that he begot some with the gospel and the angels of God being called the sons of God could only be a metaphor unless God procreates like humans do.

Hi my friend:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Yes, because he was:

And they were offended in him. But Jesus said unto them, A prophet is not without honour, save in his own country, and in his own house.
    Matthew 13:56-58

And the multitude said, This is Jesus the prophet of Nazareth of Galilee.
    Matthew 21:10-12

And he said unto them, What things? And they said unto him, Concerning Jesus of Nazareth, which was a prophet mighty in deed and word before God and all the people:
    Luke 24:18-20

Then those men, when they had seen the miracle that Jesus did, said, This is of a truth that prophet that should come into the world.
    John 6:13-15

Jesus was certainly a unique Prophet of God

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (shimmer @ May 20 2011,11:13)
    Now all you have to do Bod, is give up the Quran.

Timothy, you know the spirit of God leads you to all understanding. If you read the scripture without the leading of the spirit then it is just words. But with the spirit you are able to understand what it is meaning.

I dont understand denominations. Where TWO or THREE are gathered in his name, thats two or three.

Give up the Quran, why would I give up the book that make things clear?

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (SimplyForgiven @ May 20 2011,18:56)
    Christians and Muslims do not believe in the Same thing nor things.  There are things in common which when we research them are not really common at all.  

1. Christians call themselves christians, and believe that they are not Muslims.

of course Bod would simply say that muslims mean “people who submit” and cliam we all are muslims.

just my two cents.

If your religion is based upon semantics you are correct but if it is based on the Obedience to the Word of God and the Power of Love then you should see my message is clear.

Submission to God is the way of Christ and unless you submit you won't see the Father/Almighty

shimmer
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ May 21 2011,14:10)
    Give up the Quran, why would I give up the book that make things clear?

So the Quran clarifies the existance of hell for you?

And that God has no son and wasn't actually crucified?

Been through this before Bod.

shimmer
    Participant

You're halfway there Bod. Now you just need to believe that Jesus was crucified and risen from the dead.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (shimmer @ May 22 2011,03:34)
    You're halfway there Bod. Now you just need to believe that Jesus was crucified and risen from the dead.

Why would I need to believe that? Are you saying that this was the Jewish idea of salvation or the idea of salvation from the beginning?

Shimmer, are you telling me that the children of Israel were misled by God for thousands of years in regards to their way to salvation?

How arrogant! God explained to every single human being on earth at all times that the way to salvation was in believing in God and adhering to the truth that he has always sent throughout recorded history.

Who cares if Jesus died on the cross or not? People everywhere die everyday and in every spiritual condition you need to give up your narrow beliefs and believe in what God teaches have you ever read this:

Jonah 4:10-11 (New King James Version)

10 But the LORD said, “You have had pity on the plant for which you have not labored, nor made it grow, which came up in a night and perished in a night. 11 And should I not pity Nineveh, that great city, in which are more than one hundred and twenty thousand persons who cannot discern between their right hand and their left—and much livestock?”

This is how you believe today, you pity Jesus the one whom you did not create and came and left in an instant but your mercy is negligent with those yo choose to Judge. Give up your false views and live a Godly life.

Stop picking and choosing and choose to do right not decide whom you feel fit for heaven or hell because that is none of your business, tell me who did you create that you should judge and keep in mind you did not even create your own children as they were made with the materials God gave you.

SimplyForgiven
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ May 21 2011,07:13)

Christians and Muslims do not believe in the Same thing nor things.  There are things in common which when we research them are not really common at all.  

just my two cents.

If your religion is based upon semantics you are correct but if it is based on the Obedience to the Word of God and the Power of Love then you should see my message is clear.

Submission to God is the way of Christ and unless you submit you won't see the Father/Almighty

Ya Bod but your message is not from God, its based on what you “think”.

Its the God you created for yourself, and expecting others to believe in.

In that God i will not worship.

The one True God, is not bound by the quran nor the bible, has much more to offer.

Tell me something for the sake of curiousity.

Did Jonah submit voluntarily?

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (SimplyForgiven @ May 23 2011,18:32)

Quote (bodhitharta @ May 21 2011,07:13)

just my two cents.

Ya Bod but your message is not from God, its based on what you “think”.

Its the God you created for yourself, and expecting others to believe in.

In that God i will not worship.

The one True God, is not bound by the quran nor the bible, has much more to offer.

Tell me something for the sake of curiousity.

Did Jonah submit voluntarily?

No, he did not but look?

Do they seek other than the religion of Allah, while to Him submitted all creatures in the heavens and the earth, willingly or unwillingly. And to Him shall they all be returned.
    ( سورة آل عمران , Aal-e-Imran, Chapter #3, Verse #83)

Can you not understand this is all so very clear. I don't need to invent “God” God is real so why do you wish to pursue a course in which you accuse others that they somehow do not realize that God is real and submit willingly.

The Quran is the book that makes things clear

Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ May 21 2011,13:08)

Hi my friend:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Yes, because he was:

And they were offended in him. But Jesus said unto them, A prophet is not without honour, save in his own country, and in his own house.

And he said unto them, What things? And they said unto him, Concerning Jesus of Nazareth, which was a prophet mighty in deed and word before God and all the people:

Then those men, when they had seen the miracle that Jesus did, said, This is of a truth that prophet that should come into the world.

Hi BD:

Then, if he was a prophet of God, why do you not believe what God has spoken to humanity through him?

Love in Christ,
    Marty

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ May 25 2011,11:02)

Quote (bodhitharta @ May 21 2011,13:08)

Hi my friend:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Yes, because he was:

Hi BD:

Then, if he was a prophet of God, why do you not believe what God has spoken to humanity through him?

Love in Christ,
    Marty

What are you saying? Jesus said he was the willing servant of God.

Can you show me a scripture where God is quoted as saying “I will crucify him for the sins of others”?

Viewing 20 posts - 341 through 360 (of 1,105 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account