Christians and muslims believe the same thing

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 261 through 280 (of 1,105 total)
  • Author
    bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Feb. 21 2010,17:32)
    So, I was interested in what people were saying that read Joel Richardson's book and this is just one of the reviews.  Btw, Joel's book got 98 reviews and 63 of those gave it their highest rating of 5 stars.  I found it on http://www.amazon.com under the title Antichrist: Islam's Awaited Messiah

Compelling Book!! Mandatory Reading!!!, April 14, 2007
    By Gregory Nyman (Winchendon, MA United States) – See all my reviews

Joel Richardson has written one of the most powerful books in recent times, as it deals with Islam and the West, and in particular Christians. He is very well versed in the Qu'ran as well as Islamic culture, and his book is very balanced, fair, and informative. There are many chapters devoted to the “End Times” scenario, and Joel not only examines the Biblical account but he compares it to the Islamic account as well. And let there be no mistake about it – he is right on the money on most counts. There is no force in the world today which can replace what Islam represents, as it deals with the Anti-Christ. The author even devotes a number of chapters to what may be criticisms of his book, by honestly pointing out some discrepancies towards what others have written, but he quickly sets the record straight and answers these same objections. Then he devotes some material to what Christians should be doing to prepare for martyrdom, as well as listing current resources and mission groups who are ministering to the Muslims in the world.

This is a book filled with love towards the Muslims, and not a bashing of their religious faith. The fact that it flies in the face of Christian eschatology is unfortunate, but true nevertheless. It is compelling reading and a book which should be read by all vigilant and thinking Christians and non-Christians alike.

The chapters Joel Richardson devotes to what appears to be the last 30 years of prophecy within the evangelical church, or what has passed as prophecy is well worth the price of the book, and as others have pointed out, the sad part about this whole new paradigm, is that the Church of Christ have been looking in the wrong place for the wrong things to occur, instead of looking directly at the prophecies which are crystal clear as it concerns Islam and the awaiting Messiah they are looking for.

Highly recommended!!! Should be given at least 10 Stars!!!

If I were a muslim, I would want to especially read this in case I might be missing something.

Kathi

There is no mention of a Mahdi in the Quran

The best thing for anyone who wants to know what the Quran says is to simply read the Quran instead of simply taking the word of an anti-muslim.

Those muslims who do believe in the “Mahdi” believe the Mahdi will rid the world of error, injustice and tyranny alongside Jesus.

But once again there is no mention of a “Mahdi” in the Quran but the Quran no doubt speaks about the return of Jesus Christ. You should also know that NO MUSLIM can be an anti-Christ. It is only the Muslims alone who Make Christ out to only be The Christ of God. Whereas Christians have made Jesus into God himself, what evil they have done and The Quran says that Jesus will address them upon his return.

Jesus is The Christ and Worships God. Anyone who puts Jesus as an equal to God is being anti-Christ.

bodhitharta
    Participant

ALL MUSLIMS BELIEVE THAT JESUS is CHRIST

Proclaimer
    Participant

Do Muslims believe the following:

Matthew 7:21
    Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

John 6:40
    And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Matthew 7:22,23
    Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

The reason why the religious people in Matthew 7:21-23 were cast out was because they had failed to do the will of God the Father; by failing to believe on Jesus Christ, the Son of God.

If you belong to a denomination or religion that teaches that Jesus is not the son of God, then your Jesus is false and you need to depart from that religion and believe the will of God which is to believe in the son whom he sent.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ Feb. 11 2010,04:50)

Quote (Ed J @ Feb. 10 2010,22:03)

2Cor.4:4 In whom 'the god'(notice how it has your wording for you) of this world (satan) hath blinded the minds of them
        which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

I keep telling you 2Cor.4:4 is a misinterpretation because it is clear that GOD/YHVH is the one who has blinded the minds of those that do not believe according to Isaiah and JESUS:

Rev.21:27 And there shall in no wise enter into [the “Holy City”=117] any thing that
    defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie:
    but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life. (Rev.13:8)

Revelation 13:8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him(Lucifer: Gal.1:8),
    whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

Ed J (Joshua 22:34)

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Feb. 23 2011,19:13)
    Do Muslims believe the following:

Matthew 7:21
    Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

John 6:40
    And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Matthew 7:22,23
    Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

The reason why the religious people in Matthew 7:21-23 were cast out was because they had failed to do the will of God the Father; by failing to believe on Jesus Christ, the Son of God.

If you belong to a denomination or religion that teaches that Jesus is not the son of God, then your Jesus is false and you need to depart from that religion and believe the will of God which is to believe in the son whom he sent.

You get stuck on semantics over and over the scriptures say that Israel is God's son as well. Jesus is Christ or Messiah and calling him “son” is not a problem nor is calling God “Father” as long as you understand the terms are relative and not actual in physicality.

We as Muslims understand clearly that there is a difference in parentage between Mary and God they are not equally parents of Jesus. Jesus is the son of Mary and a Miracle of God.

The Quran clarifies all those misconceptions that are really quite silly when looked at thoroughly if you believe that Jesus is the son of God in an actual sense then you should believe that everyone else called a son of God throughout the bible has equal status including Adam who is also called the son of God. In hebrew there are no Capital letters so there is no “SON” vs “son” so what say you?

Ultimately you will have to accept the fact that you are a servant of God and even being called God's son because you have the Holy Spirit does not change the fact that you are in all actuality a servant of God Almighty.

So either take this verse literally “I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.
    Psalm 82:5-7 “

or understand the poetic nature of Hebrew the Quran declares:Thus doth Allah Make clear His Signs to you: In order that ye may understand.
    ( سورة البقرة , Al-Baqara, Chapter #2, Verse #242)

There is, in their stories, instruction for men endued with understanding. It is not a tale invented, but a confirmation of what went before it,- a detailed exposition of all things, and a guide and a mercy to any such as believe.
    ( سورة يوسف , Yusuf, Chapter #12, Verse #111)

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Feb. 23 2011,20:47)

2Cor.4:4 In whom 'the god'(notice how it has your wording for you) of this world (satan) hath blinded the minds of them
        which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

I keep telling you 2Cor.4:4 is a misinterpretation because it is clear that GOD/YHVH is the one who has blinded the minds of those that do not believe according to Isaiah and JESUS:

Rev.21:27 And there shall in no wise enter into [the “Holy City”=117] any thing that

Revelation 13:8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him(Lucifer: Gal.1:8),
    whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

Is Jesus an actual Lamb or an actual Rock? Was Jesus actually slain from the foundation of the world?

Once you understand the language of a people you can start to understand how they express themselves and what the meanings of those expressions can mean.

You start to realize to say that “My old lady” may have nothing to do with age or to say “My homeboy” has nothing to do with homes. To say “what's up dog?” has nothing to do with questioning dogs and to say “You're getting on my nerves” is far from neuropathy

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ Feb. 24 2011,02:50)

Is Jesus an actual Lamb or an actual Rock? Was Jesus actually slain from the foundation of the world?

Once you understand the language of a people you can start to understand how they express themselves and what the meanings of those expressions can mean.

You start to realize to say that “My old lady” may have nothing to do with age or to say “My homeboy” has nothing to do with homes. To say “what's up dog?” has nothing to do with questioning dogs and to say “You're getting on my nerves” is far from neuropathy

Hi BD,

I thought you said you were familiar with the Bible?
    Jesus is “The Passover”=74×2 (2×74=פסח) lamb,
    taking away your sins. (John 1:29 / 1Cor.5:7)
    But the book of fraud is at odds with YHVH!

YHVH bless
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Feb. 24 2011,05:29)

Hi BD,

YHVH bless
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

I asked you was Jesus and actual (Lamb)animal?

Who knoweth the spirit of man that goeth upward, and the spirit of the beast that goeth downward to the earth?
    Ecclesiastes 3:20-22

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ Feb. 24 2011,08:22)

Hi BD,

YHVH bless

Who knoweth the spirit of man that goeth upward, and the spirit of the beast that goeth downward to the earth?

Is 'the god' of the 'book of fraud' an actual god?

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Feb. 25 2011,18:04)

Quote (bodhitharta @ Feb. 24 2011,08:22)

Hi BD,

YHVH bless

Is 'the god' of the 'book of fraud' an actual god?

Yes, God is God

karmarie
    Participant

Bod,

Hi.

Iv forgotten. What is it that Muslims belief Jesus was, again? (before coming to Earth)..Do they believe Jesus pre-existed, because it seems to be the topic in the other part of the forum a lot. So whats your view?

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (karmarie @ April 23 2011,18:57)
    Bod,

Hi.

Iv forgotten. What is it that Muslims belief Jesus was, again? (before coming to Earth)..Do they believe Jesus pre-existed, because it seems to be the topic in the other part of the forum a lot. So whats your view?

The Quran does not specifically talk about the pre-existence of Jesus it simply says that Jesus was a Word from Allah and he was the True Messiah

karmarie
    Participant

OK. Thanks for that Bod.

So are you still a Muslim? Do you still believe that Christians and Muslims believe the same thing?
    (Title of the thread).

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (karmarie @ April 26 2011,10:08)
    OK. Thanks for that Bod.

So are you still a Muslim? Do you still believe that Christians and Muslims believe the same thing?
    (Title of the thread).

Muslims and Christians believe that submission in God is the way to Salvation.

karmarie
    Participant

Bod, I believe that submission to God is important, and something that can be learnt off Muslims, as I did, and still do.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (karmarie @ April 26 2011,12:32)
    Bod, I believe that submission to God is important, and something that can be learnt off Muslims, as I did, and still do.

May God continue to place Peace and blessings upon you

karmarie
    Participant

Thanks Bod. You too.
    I'll write more later, when I think of something to ask.

karmarie
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ April 26 2011,15:05)

Quote (karmarie @ April 26 2011,10:08)
    OK. Thanks for that Bod.

(Title of the thread).

Muslims and Christians believe that submission in God is the way to Salvation.

Hi Bod.

Going back on some earlier posts and points.

Jesus did submit to God.  
    Jesus was an example for us.
    Gods will not our own.

Some put Jesus in the place of God.  Jesus never told them to actually do that.  

That is where Islam is correct.
    But there are places where it is not correct
    Jesus is the Son of God because the bible tells us.

Example the Parable of the Vinedressers

“Hear another parable: There was a certain landowner who planted a vineyard and set a hedge around it, dug a winepress in it and built a tower. And he leased it to vinedressers and went into a far country.  Now when vintage-time drew near, he sent his servants to the vinedressers, that they might receive its fruit.  And the vinedressers took his servants, beat one, killed one, and stoned another.  Again he sent other servants, more than the first, and they did likewise to them.

Then last of all he sent his son to them, saying, ‘They will respect my son.’  But when the vinedressers saw the son, they said among themselves, ‘This is the heir. Come, let us kill him and seize his inheritance.’  So they took him and cast him out of the vineyard and killed him.

“Therefore, when the owner of the vineyard comes, what will he do to those vinedressers?”

They said to Him, “He will destroy those wicked men miserably, and lease his vineyard to other vinedressers who will render to him the fruits in their seasons.”

Jesus said to them, “Have you never read in the Scriptures:

‘ The stone which the builders rejected
        Has become the chief cornerstone.
        This was the LORD’s doing,
        And it is marvelous in our eyes’?

“Therefore I say to you, the kingdom of God will be taken from you and given to a nation bearing the fruits of it.  And whoever falls on this stone will be broken; but on whomever it falls, it will grind him to powder.

What do you think of this?

Stu
    Participant

karmarie

Don't mean to butt in, but just curious about this. BD you might like to answer as well. Is islam correct about this?

Sura 4:34 Men are in charge of women, because Allah hath made the one of them to excel the other, and because they spend of their property (for the support of women). So good women are the obedient, guarding in secret that which Allah hath guarded. As for those from whom ye fear rebellion, admonish them and banish them to beds apart, and scourge them. Then if they obey you, seek not a way against them

Not sure how good either of you are at Arabic, but perhaps BD could comment on the translation of the Arabic word that leads to the English “admonish”.

Stuart

Stu
    Participant

…or the word scourge…

Stuart

Viewing 20 posts - 261 through 280 (of 1,105 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account