Christians and muslims believe the same thing

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 241 through 260 (of 1,105 total)
  • Author
    Stu
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ Feb. 20 2010,09:51)
    False Fact Friday: Your Appendix is UselessAugust 16, 2008 @ 1:06 am · Filed under Biology, Human Body

By: Wendy O.

Believe it or not, the appendix does play an important role in the body. While it is not as essential as the heart, this small organ is important for the survival of a human fetus, and up until early childhood. The appendix makes the endocrine cells (cells that make glands that secrete hormones), without endocrine cells the fetus would not develop. After birth, the primary use of the appendix is to produce white blood cells and antibodies to fight off diseases. The appendix works as a sort of teacher to white blood cells by exposing them to bacteria, viruses, drugs, and decayed food. The white blood cells gain knowledge of what is bad for the body, and learns how to fight these contaminants. The appendix is able to do this due to its location, which is by the intestines. The organ is always collecting and expelling food that come from the intestines. The appendix becomes less useful when one reaches adulthood, usually around the age of 30.

The appendix also provides some insight into our past. Primates have an appendix too, and its use is to digest fiber and raw meat. Humans, back a long time ago did not know to cook their meat to kill bacteria, so it is a possibility that we used our appendix more when raw meat was a staple of our diet.

Source: Diefendorf, David. Amazing…But False!. New York, New York: Sterling Publishing Co., 2007

Very good of you to provide the evidence that disproves your claim.

Do you understand why it does?

Stuart

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Feb. 20 2010,15:18)

False Fact Friday: Your Appendix is UselessAugust 16, 2008 @ 1:06 am · Filed under Biology, Human Body

Believe it or not, the appendix does play an important role in the body. While it is not as essential as the heart, this small organ is important for the survival of a human fetus, and up until early childhood. The appendix makes the endocrine cells (cells that make glands that secrete hormones), without endocrine cells the fetus would not develop. After birth, the primary use of the appendix is to produce white blood cells and antibodies to fight off diseases. The appendix works as a sort of teacher to white blood cells by exposing them to bacteria, viruses, drugs, and decayed food. The white blood cells gain knowledge of what is bad for the body, and learns how to fight these contaminants. The appendix is able to do this due to its location, which is by the intestines. The organ is always collecting and expelling food that come from the intestines. The appendix becomes less useful when one reaches adulthood, usually around the age of 30.

The appendix also provides some insight into our past. Primates have an appendix too, and its use is to digest fiber and raw meat. Humans, back a long time ago did not know to cook their meat to kill bacteria, so it is a possibility that we used our appendix more when raw meat was a staple of our diet.

Source: Diefendorf, David. Amazing…But False!. New York, New York: Sterling Publishing Co., 2007

Stuart

It doesn't and there are still people who eat uncooked meat. In-fact I even eat sushi and steak tartare

Stu
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ Feb. 20 2010,10:00)

That video is:

1. A complete waste of 3 minutes and 42 seconds of my precious lifetime (I stopped it there)

2. An exercise in saying absolutely nothing of any value to anyone whatever: at least by saying absolutely nothing he is not lying, but see the other example in another thread (was it the Al Jazeera one?). In that video he lies more than once a minute.

3. A waste of hard drive space at YouTube.

That some people think he is an intellectual is an embarrassment to humanity. All he has done is to memorise the koran, probably at a madrassah that did not care that he does not know anything else. Even Ken Ham, who is as much a pathological liar as Naik, knows more than him.

Thank you for the opportunity to demonstrate what an idiot he is.

Stuart

Stu
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ Feb. 20 2010,15:23)

Quote (Stu @ Feb. 20 2010,15:18)

Stuart

It doesn't and there are still people who eat uncooked meat. In-fact I even eat sushi and steak tartare

OK, so you don't understand why you disproved yourself.

How much longer than the equivalent to this point did you last before they kick you off RD.net?

Just curious.

Stuart

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Feb. 20 2010,15:34)

Quote (bodhitharta @ Feb. 20 2010,10:00)

That video is:

1.  A complete waste of 3 minutes and 42 seconds of my precious lifetime  (I stopped it there)

2.  An exercise in saying absolutely nothing of any value to anyone whatever: at least by saying absolutely nothing he is not lying, but see the other example in another thread (was it the Al Jazeera one?).  In that video he lies more than once a minute.

3.  A waste of hard drive space at YouTube.

That some people think he is an intellectual is an embarrassment to humanity.  All he has done is to memorise the koran, probably at a madrassah that did not care that he does not know anything else.  Even Ken Ham, who is as much a pathological liar as Naik, knows more than him.

Thank you for the opportunity to demonstrate what an idiot he is.

Stuart

bodhitharta
    Participant

Excellent point!

Stu
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ Feb. 20 2010,15:43)

Lying about evolution is right!

Ignorance No.1: Richard Dawkin’s books say “fact of evolution’. He is a professional scientist, an evolutionary biologist. He is qualified to make that statement and accountable to it professionallly. Naik is not scientifically qualified, in fact he is a lying fathead.

Lie No.1: Darwin observed members of 15 species of finch on the Galapagos Islands, not one species.

Lie No.2: People (who knew about science) would expect ‘proof’ for evolution. Actually we are talking about the best explanation for the evidence. There is no such thing as proof. This numbskull not only does not understand the status of the word “theory” in science, but he does not get the difference between proof and evidence.

Lie No.3: Scientists supported Darwin’s theory because it contradicted the bible.

Lie No.4: Science tells us that there are four hominids.

Lie No.5: There was an ice age three million years ago.

Lie No.6: The Neanderthals died out 140,000 years ago (it was less than 30,000 years ago).

Lie No.7: There is no link between the hominids.

Lie No.8: Albert Szent-Gyorgyi invented vitamin C.

Lie No.9: There are people who think we were created from apes.

Lie No.10: Aomeba can turn into paramecia (they are in different kingdoms of living things).

Lie No.11: The probability of “one DNA forming from ape to human is zero” (whatever that means). Humans ARE apes.

Lie No.12: This is not possible at all. So then how is divine creation possible?

Lie No.13: The genetic causes of homosexuality “have been proved to be illogical”.

That is more than two lies per minute.

“it is unbelievable” is stated several times: this is the argument from personal incredulity, a logical fallacy.

“100s of scientists…” is the logical fallacy of the appeal to authority.

What a lying idiot he is. He is an embarrassment to the name of hominids everywhere.

Thanks for the opportunity to show him up again.

Stuart

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (kejonn @ Feb. 20 2010,01:05)

Quote (t8 @ Feb. 19 2010,07:50)

I am not an evolutionary biologist so I cannot explain to you the mechanisms involved on the molecular level. Obviously eyes, fingers, arms, etc. as we see on the various species were not the result of a single mutation.

And eyes can function on a primitive level. Check out http://library.thinkquest.org/28030/eyeevo.htm for more information. Examples:

SIMPLE EYE-CUP WITHOUT LENS —– e.g. Planaria
    Planaria is a free-living multicellular organism living in fresh water ponds or ditches.

Features:
    1.cup-shaped, heavily-pigmented cells as retina
    2.sense cells in contact with retina cells

Use: it can differentiate the direction and the intensity of light because cup-shaped pigment cells of the eyes shield the light sensitive cells in all directions with only one opening for light entry.

PINHOLE EYES —– e.g. Nautilus

Nautilus is an animal with a shell (cephalopoda) and lives in the ocean bottom of low light intensity.

Features: with retina, no cornea, no lens
    Use: The pinhole eye brings about poor resolution and images formed are dim. It is suitable for the living habitat of Nautilus.

The Canon 450D is primitive compared to the human eye too. And my skin can feel light intensity and even direction in a primitive way.

Many of these atheist arguments when you boil down the big words are fanciful imaginations with the mission of convincing oneself and everyone else that there is no God.

Sorry, but truth isn't invented in the mind. It is outside the mind, although a mind can be aligned with it.

You can run, but you can't hide.

Now back to C v M.

t8, you do realize that there are many Christians who also believe in evolution? Equating evolution with atheism is like equating round balls with golf.

“Truth” is such a tricky word when theists use it. It simply loses its power because “truth” is whatever you seem to believe.

A lot of that is just playing with words KJ.

God created life forms which reproduce “after their kind”. Obviously like any good programmer that requires robustness, each of these kinds would need a vast amount of genetic information to cater for a wide variety of environments in order to survive. This results in weeding out some genetic information for sure, and it also favours other information. Think of the large variety of dogs for example. They are found in the Arctic Circle to the deserts of Australia and come in all shapes and sizes which favour certain environments.

This is natural selection or originally known as artificial selection. Before you go thinking that I am subscribing to the Theory of Evolution, I need to remind you that Edward Blyth (a creationist who was a year younger than Darwin), thought of the concept 25 years before Darwin’s 'Origin of Species' was published, although he never actually used the term “natural selection'. Blythe even recognised that Darwin had been feeding off him like an intellectual leech and Francis Hitching, an evolutionist, wrote: “Darwin took everything Blyth had said and used it to support an opposite conclusion”.

Blyth regarded natural selection as a process that would remove defective traits, to maintain the health and archetype of species. In other words a design of God that helped species to survive and adapt, to stop them from becoming weaker. It has been speculated that Darwin removed much reference to Blythe in his notebook which has the cryptic reference “All useful pages cut out” so you can draw your own conclusion here, but he did say in 'Origin of Species', “Mr. Blyth, whose opinion, from his large and varied stores of knowledge, I should value more than that of almost any one, …”.

Evolution doesn't own Natural Selection, but not all know that, and so some think they believe in Evolution, but they really believe in Natural Selection minus the Evolutionist's reason for it. Evolution goes way beyond Natural Selection in suggesting that species evolve into new species. Such as dinosaur species becoming bird species over time, or primitive apes becoming man.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Actually I will post my last post into a more relevant discussion.

Lightenup
    Participant

Hello,
    Just jumping in here because I think this download of this show would be helpful here and an eye opener.

http://www.sidroth.org/site….rl=1141

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Feb. 20 2010,22:57)
    Hello,
    Just jumping in here because I think this download of this show would be helpful here and an eye opener.

Joel Richardson does not know about Islam at all, he does have it half right though.

Jesus will return but he will not be against the Muslims and the third temple is already there in Jerusalem it is called the DOME of THE ROCK / al-Aqsa Mosque

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Feb. 20 2010,22:57)
    Hello,

My goodness. If shown on TV in NZ this would be considered by most people to be a comedy show. How on earth do you think it is HELPFUL?

The voiceover at the start asks:

Is there a diabolical conspiracy to have you misunderstand the last days for planet earth?

Yes, it is called the abrahamic religions’ mythology. Planet earth will be around for about 5 billion more years, although by then it will be far too hot for human habitation. The sun will go into its red giant phase and will swallow the earth.

Can ancient secrets of the supernatural be rediscovered?

I suppose if there is money in it, then yes they can!

Do angels exist?

I’ve never seen one. Have you?

Is there life after death?

No of course not. Thank goodness for that.

Are healing miracles real?

Not according to the research.

Can you get supernatural help from another dimension?

Are you are the kind to genuinely claim you have been abducted by aliens?

Has the future been written in advance?

Only if you are tremendously gullible would that be a topic for your serious consideration.

Mr. Roth tells his snake-oil salesman of a guest:

“I can see how you have been hand-picked, literally by god to give revelation of the end time”

What a pair of charlatans, and well paid I bet. The Joel idiot is a dangerous one, because he would be very happy to see Iran wipe Israel off the map.

Stuart

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Feb. 21 2010,08:35)

No of course not. Thank goodness for that.

There isn't for the wicked. But the righteous inherit life eternal.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Planet earth will be around for about 5 billion more years, although by then it will be far too hot for human habitation. The sun will go into its red giant phase and will swallow the earth.

I remember seeing a video that said that 10 years ago. So that is 5 billion – 10 years.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Only if you are tremendously gullible would that be a topic for your serious consideration.

Can you prove that biblical prophecies do not and have never happened. I bet you wouldn't even know where to start.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Hi BD.

Is the Muslim messiah the Christian Anti-Christ?
    Is this video accurate according to your view of the Muslim Messiah?

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Feb. 21 2010,09:44)
    Hi BD.

Is the Muslim messiah the Christian Anti-Christ?
    Is this video accurate according to your view of the Muslim Messiah?

No, None of this is in the Quran

Jesus Christ will return and he will defeat the anti-christ with the assistance of the Muslims and believing Christians and Jews

Stu
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Feb. 21 2010,09:32)

No of course not.  Thank goodness for that.

There isn't for the wicked. But the righteous inherit life eternal.

No they don't. What a con.

Stuart

Stu
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Feb. 21 2010,09:39)

Can you prove that biblical prophecies do not and have never happened. I bet you wouldn't even know where to start.

No, I cannot prove a negative. However the burden of proof is not with me.

The most obvious case of this is all the end time nutcases who for the past 2000 years have been predicting the date of the end of the world, and here we still are.

The next fact is that Isaiah called his imaginary future religious star preacher “Immanuel”, and yet his followers supposedly called him “Jesus”.

After that, we have crackpot after crackpot interpreting history in terms of supposed prophecies, and in every case you could make a different interpretation that would be just as plausible.

Remember that scientists can predict in great detail the occurrence of eclipses hundreds of years into the future, and those predictions so far have come to pass with pinpoint accuracy. Even Darwin's theory, although describing processes that are painfully slow, has been used to make specific predictions that have been subsequently confirmed.

Biblical prophecy is a joke by comparison.

Stuart

Lightenup
    Participant

So, I was interested in what people were saying that read Joel Richardson's book and this is just one of the reviews. Btw, Joel's book got 98 reviews and 63 of those gave it their highest rating of 5 stars. I found it on http://www.amazon.com under the title Antichrist: Islam's Awaited Messiah

Compelling Book!! Mandatory Reading!!!, April 14, 2007
    By Gregory Nyman (Winchendon, MA United States) – See all my reviews

Joel Richardson has written one of the most powerful books in recent times, as it deals with Islam and the West, and in particular Christians. He is very well versed in the Qu'ran as well as Islamic culture, and his book is very balanced, fair, and informative. There are many chapters devoted to the “End Times” scenario, and Joel not only examines the Biblical account but he compares it to the Islamic account as well. And let there be no mistake about it – he is right on the money on most counts. There is no force in the world today which can replace what Islam represents, as it deals with the Anti-Christ. The author even devotes a number of chapters to what may be criticisms of his book, by honestly pointing out some discrepancies towards what others have written, but he quickly sets the record straight and answers these same objections. Then he devotes some material to what Christians should be doing to prepare for martyrdom, as well as listing current resources and mission groups who are ministering to the Muslims in the world.

This is a book filled with love towards the Muslims, and not a bashing of their religious faith. The fact that it flies in the face of Christian eschatology is unfortunate, but true nevertheless. It is compelling reading and a book which should be read by all vigilant and thinking Christians and non-Christians alike.

The chapters Joel Richardson devotes to what appears to be the last 30 years of prophecy within the evangelical church, or what has passed as prophecy is well worth the price of the book, and as others have pointed out, the sad part about this whole new paradigm, is that the Church of Christ have been looking in the wrong place for the wrong things to occur, instead of looking directly at the prophecies which are crystal clear as it concerns Islam and the awaiting Messiah they are looking for.

Highly recommended!!! Should be given at least 10 Stars!!!

If I were a muslim, I would want to especially read this in case I might be missing something.

Kathi

Viewing 20 posts - 241 through 260 (of 1,105 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account