Christians and muslims believe the same thing

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 181 through 200 (of 1,105 total)
  • Author
    bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (karmarie @ Feb. 16 2010,08:40)

Quote (kejonn @ Feb. 16 2010,08:22)

Quote (karmarie @ Feb. 15 2010,14:45)

Quote (kejonn @ Feb. 16 2010,00:32)

Quote (karmarie @ Feb. 15 2010,02:01)
    They're not allowed variety like we are?

Sure why not? But couldn't these gods create foods that were less of a pest for these critters? As I've said, fleas can spread disease. They also cause itching when they feed off of their host. I realize that the fleas need to eat as well to survive and be part of the food chain, but your god could have removed the nastier parts if he was such a good god.

Or was he simply a poor designer?

And we're not a pest to all the animals insects and fish?
    Look what the Japanese do to the Whales, look at all the polution we humans have caused and the damage to the planet which we share with them. Etc. Flies and fleas are nothing in comparison! If anything is going to completly destroy the planet its us. Not them.

These are actions that humans have taken not out of necessity, but choice. Why bother comparing them?

Yeah so- animals (and insects) do things out of nessesity- we do things out of choice

This is why we are different, we have choice, we are more intellegent.

Just like I now have a choice to go have a coffee- and a smoke, which are both bad for me. But thats my choice.

Coffee has awesome antioxidant properties and while cigarettes are bad coffee actually may help disrupt the harmful effects of the cigarettes

karmarie
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ Feb. 16 2010,11:50)

Sure why not? But couldn't these gods create foods that were less of a pest for these critters? As I've said, fleas can spread disease. They also cause itching when they feed off of their host. I realize that the fleas need to eat as well to survive and be part of the food chain, but your god could have removed the nastier parts if he was such a good god.

Look what the Japanese do to the Whales, look at all the polution we humans have caused and the damage to the planet which we share with them. Etc. Flies and fleas are nothing in comparison! If anything is going to completly destroy the planet its us. Not them.

These are actions that humans have taken not out of necessity, but choice. Why bother comparing them?

Yeah so- animals (and insects) do things out of nessesity- we do things out of choice

Just like I now have a choice to go have a coffee- and a smoke, which are both bad for me. But thats my choice.

Coffee has awesome antioxidant properties and while cigarettes are bad coffee actually may help disrupt the harmful effects of the cigarettes

I will be giving both up in the mounths ahead. Once my youngest starts school!
    Its easy, iv done it before.

kejonn
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ Feb. 15 2010,18:48)
    Why didn't you admit that you were wrong? I'll tell you why it's the Atheists Disease.

Wrong about what? I admitted that it might have a use, but I also pointed out that its minor benefit is outweighed by the danger it poses.

You can also take out a bad kidney, lung, arm , leg, eye…etc and have a good life so your logic is foolish.

All of these have a use much more important than the supposed benefit of the appendix. Have one of these removed and see how much readjustment you must do in life. remove the appendix and all you have is a day or two recovery. No therapy needed. So no comparison.

People also have Gastric by-pass but does that mean the stomach is vestigial, have you no sense?

How insane that you resort to this. People have these because they typically lack the self control needed to eat sensibly and exercise. The stomach is most certainly a necessary organ. You are really grasping at straws.

All of those

People can live without the pancreas,

Wrong. Not without extensive intervention. You do not need the same intervention when you remove the appendix. No hormones, no insulin, nothing. It can be removed because it really has no necessary use.

Gall bladder,

Then why did the designer put it there? See, you are hurting your case, not mine!

Did you forget how this started?

spleen…etc. Do you have not common sense are all these things useless?

Common sense is another unnecessary component in life, if you are a theist  :laugh: .

The Fact is God has awesomely made the Human Body with all sorts of systems and back up systems.

I'm still waiting for you to address male nipples, wisdom teeth, the ability to raise fur without the fur, etc. Why are you stuck on just one?

Stu
    Participant

So while 95% of lung cancers are caused by smoking, maybe that rate is only 93% amongst heavy coffee drinkers.

Stuart

Stu
    Participant

Quote (kejonn @ Feb. 16 2010,13:37)
    Why are you stuck on just one?

There is only one example that fits his belief. All the others contradict it, so actually they do not exist.

Stuart

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (karmarie @ Feb. 16 2010,13:16)

May God grant you peace with it.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (kejonn @ Feb. 16 2010,13:37)

Quote (bodhitharta @ Feb. 15 2010,18:48)
    Why didn't you admit that you were wrong? I'll tell you why it's the Atheists Disease.

Wrong about what? I admitted that it might have a use, but I also pointed out that its minor benefit is outweighed by the danger it poses.

You can also take out a bad kidney, lung, arm , leg, eye…etc and have a good life so your logic is foolish.

All of these have a use much more important than the supposed benefit of the appendix. Have one of these removed and see how much readjustment you must do in life. remove the appendix and all you have is a day or two recovery. No therapy needed. So no comparison.

People also have Gastric by-pass but does that mean the stomach is vestigial, have you no sense?

How insane that you resort to this. People have these because they typically lack the self control needed to eat sensibly and exercise. The stomach is most certainly a necessary organ. You are really grasping at straws.

All of those

People can live without the pancreas,

Wrong. Not without extensive intervention. You do not need the same intervention when you remove the appendix. No hormones, no insulin, nothing. It can be removed because it really has no necessary use.

Gall bladder,

Then why did the designer put it there? See, you are hurting your case, not mine!

Did you forget how this started?

spleen…etc. Do you have not common sense are all these things useless?

Common sense is another unnecessary component in life, if you are a theist  :laugh: .

The Fact is God has awesomely made the Human Body with all sorts of systems and back up systems.

I'm still waiting for you to address male nipples, wisdom teeth, the ability to raise fur without the fur, etc. Why are you stuck on just one?

I'm not going to take the time to explain something to you only to have you disregard it.

I told you any evidence of God will be shunned by you. If you actually saw God and spoke to God you would still not believe.

But in the end you will face the reality of the situation and taste the punishment you deny.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Feb. 16 2010,17:43)

So while 95% of lung cancers are caused by smoking, maybe that rate is only 93% amongst heavy coffee drinkers.

Stuart

You made a great point, I shouldn't have made the statement the coffee would have only a negligible good effect on any serious smoker.

I stand corrected.

Stu
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ Feb. 16 2010,18:53)
    I'm not going to take the time to explain something to you only to have you disregard it.

I told you any evidence of God will be shunned by you. If you actually saw God and spoke to God you would still not believe.

Now perhaps you know how others feel about your posting habits.

Stuart

TimothyVI
    Participant

I have heard other people say that it is easy to quit.
    They have done it hundreds of times before. :)

TIm

kejonn
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ Feb. 16 2010,01:53)

But in the end you will face the reality of the situation and taste the punishment you deny.

Translation: “I lost the debate so I'm back to using the empty hellfire threats.”

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (kejonn @ Feb. 16 2010,23:36)

Quote (bodhitharta @ Feb. 16 2010,01:53)

Translation: “I lost the debate so I'm back to using the empty hellfire threats.”

There are actually is no debate when I tell you the appendix has a purpose, you call it vestigial, I prove that it has a purpose and then you say you disregard the evidence.

I go to the next argument about the cocyx and you do the same thing and on and on. Each time I win a point you disreagrd it and therefore as I have said you have a severe case of the Atheism Disease but what's more you are intellectually dishonest as well.

If you knew how to concede when you were in error then we can have a debate or argument but if you defy the rules of logic and argument how is there hope for you at all?

I could say that “Food tastes good is proof that God exists” You would say food tases good only because we eat it.

You might agree that mankind began on the continent of Africa but then you will say we lost our “fur” as if man was covered in fur now the reason we can't argue about thngs like that is your own view of evolution doesn't make sense why would mankind lose its “fur” moving into colder climates and away from hotter climates? Does that make sense to you?

You have a real problem, I'm not trying to belittle you or hurt your feelings but you have a real problem and its getting worse as layers of darkness cover your spirit and intellect. First you stopped praying but now you seemed to have stopped using your senses properly.

I don't mind debating or arguing with you at all but you're going to have to do so honestly or I have no choice but to ignore you. Not because I would be upset with you (or for that matter of course you wouldn't care if I was upset with you) but simply because there would be no way to advance the conversation

kejonn
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ Feb. 16 2010,11:21)
    There are actually is no debate when I tell you the appendix has a purpose, you call it vestigial, I prove that it has a purpose and then you say you disregard the evidence.

Wrong again. How many times must you be wrong until it sinks in? I admitted the appendix might have some beneficial use, but I also said its benefits are outweighed by its negatives. Did you miss that?

I go to the next argument about the cocyx and you do the same thing and on and on. Each time I win a point you disreagrd it and therefore as I have said you have a severe case of the Atheism Disease but what's more you are intellectually dishonest as well.

Already touched on it. Only the top part of the tailbone connects to the muscles you speak of. The actual “tail” part — the part that can be most easily broken — does not need to be there in modern humans. Yet there it is.

Why did your god leave that part in?

If you knew how to concede when you were in error then we can have a debate or argument but if you defy the rules of logic and argument how is there hope for you at all?

I could say that “Food tastes good is proof that God exists” You would say food tases good only because we eat it.

How silly. Not all foods taste good to all people. There are some things that might taste good that could be fatal or could make you sick when you eat them. “Tasting good” has nothing to do with any “design”.

You might agree that mankind began on the continent of Africa but then you will say we lost our “fur” as if man was covered in fur now the reason we can't argue about thngs like that is your own view of evolution doesn't make sense why would mankind lose its “fur” moving into colder climates and away from hotter climates? Does that make sense to you?

Men learned to make clothes and seek shelter. Over time, these actions likely resulted in the loss of the fur. Why else do we still have the ability to raise the fur but no accompanying fur?

You have a real problem, I'm not trying to belittle you or hurt your feelings but you have a real problem and its getting worse as layers of darkness cover your spirit and intellect. First you stopped praying but now you seemed to have stopped using your senses properly.

And you have a problem in that you resort to insulting and threatening some imaginary punishment when you are losing the debate. See this last bit above as proof of that.

I don't mind debating or arguing with you at all but you're going to have to do so honestly or I have no choice but to ignore you. Not because I would be upset with you (or for that matter of course you wouldn't care if I was upset with you) but simply because there would be no way to advance the conversation

You are the one being dishonest. At least I am not trying to insult you with every response or threaten you with imaginary hellfire.

That's what happens when you have reality on your side.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (kejonn @ Feb. 17 2010,07:47)

Quote (bodhitharta @ Feb. 16 2010,11:21)

Wrong again. How many times must you be wrong until it sinks in? I admitted the appendix might have some beneficial use, but I also said its benefits are outweighed by its negatives. Did you miss that?

You are right, you did give a partial admission however you still have not accepted that you are still incorrect you have no way of knowing the net benefits the appendix produces for people in general and you can't use the fact that some people get appendicitis or die from a burst apendix anymore than you can discredit the heart because some people get heart attacks, right?

Already touched on it. Only the top part of the tailbone connects to the muscles you speak of. The actual “tail” part — the part that can be most easily broken — does not need to be there in modern humans. Yet there it is.

Why did your god leave that part in?

What do you mean only the top part of it? Only the inside of your nose smells does that mean there is no need to have nostrils, do you not consider aesthetics in design?

How silly. Not all foods taste good to all people. There are some things that might taste good that could be fatal or could make you sick when you eat them. “Tasting good” has nothing to do with any “design”.

Then why have taste buds designed to distinguish between a range of flavors?

Men learned to make clothes and seek shelter. Over time, these actions likely resulted in the loss of the fur. Why else do we still have the ability to raise the fur but no accompanying fur?

Man never stayed completely in any such shelters they had to hunt, eat…etc. Isn't it true that people of long ago in-fact was outside the majority of the time? So, especially in hotter climates like Africa why on earth would moving out of Africa cause you to lose hair(fur)?

I really meant this last part, you do have a real problem(All jokes aside)

kejonn
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ Feb. 16 2010,15:06)
    You are right, you did give a partial admission however you still have not accepted that you are still incorrect you have no way of knowing the net benefits the appendix produces for people in general and you can't use the fact that some people get appendicitis or die from a burst apendix anymore than you can discredit the heart because some people get heart attacks, right?

Remove your appendix. Remove your heart. Which one can you live without?

Please provide evidence that someone's quality of life has been reduced by removal of their appendix. You can't, because while it might have some beneficial use, its absence does not cause harm.

What do you mean only the top part of it? Only the inside of your nose smells does that mean there is no need to have nostrils, do you not consider aesthetics in design?

So you say we need a tail? How quaint!

Because we do. The advantage of having taste buds is that we will seek out sustenance to maintain life. Remove them and you might not desire the food that keeps you alive. That is an evolutionary advantage. Our five senses contribute to our success in living. It really is rather simple once you think about it.

In addition, our taste buds can help us to distinguish between food that is fresh and that which is spoiled. If we taste something spoiled we will not continue to eat it and be safer. Another evolutionary advantage.

Man never stayed completely in any such shelters they had to hunt, eat…etc. Isn't it true that people of long ago in-fact was outside the majority of the time? So, especially in hotter climates like Africa why on earth would moving out of Africa cause you to lose hair(fur)?

Did you know that humans have the same number of hair follicles per square each that other mammals do? Ours is simply much finer and thinner. The reasons for this are not known, but it could be as simple as not providing an environment for parasites that infest fur, such as fleas and lice. Once this was established, humans could have found mates with thinner hair more attractive and hairiness was simple bred out over time.

In any case, we still have the ability to raise our fur in cold weather. This is not an advantage or disadvantage so there is no reason for it to have been phased out through natural selection. But to have the ability to do so with no benefit makes one wonder why a designer would include such a useless function in the human body. But it makes perfect sense if we evolved from other primates who can raise a thicker fur to help protect from the cold.

What is my problem, that I don't give in to superstition like you do?

karmarie
    Participant

Quote (TimothyVI @ Feb. 16 2010,22:40)

I have heard other people say that it is easy to quit.
    They have done it hundreds of times before.  :)

TIm

Hi Tim!

Na its a breeze

Last time I gave up, I felt so good, I felt like I had the power over them, that I could do things without needing to have a smoke. Someone once said smoking was like her best friend, always there when she needed it- so giving up is like saying goodbye to an old friend which can be hard!

My smoking habits nearly killed my son. When I went to have him in hospital I went outside and started chainsmoking but it went to my head and I collapsed, his heartbeat became dangerously low so it was an emergency cesarian. He likes to remind me about that – thank goodness he has a sense of humour about it!

karmarie
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ Feb. 16 2010,18:47)
    May God grant you peace with it.

Thankyou.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (kejonn @ Feb. 17 2010,10:15)

Would this bone help a person in sitting up? Yes or no?

Because we do. The advantage of having taste buds is that we will seek out sustenance to maintain life. Remove them and you might not desire the food that keeps you alive. That is an evolutionary advantage. Our five senses contribute to our success in living. It really is rather simple once you think about it.

In addition, our taste buds can help us to distinguish between food that is fresh and that which is spoiled. If we taste something spoiled we will not continue to eat it and be safer. Another evolutionary advantage.

Are you implying that the process of evolution has consciousness as an attribute? If not why would you say that a process could determine the freshness or rancid nature of food, how could a process be concerned with success and enjoyment? Really this is why I say your ignorant.

Also no one has to enjoy the taste of food to survive they just need to eat which most people will eat whatever they need to eat to survive. But we have been given food that we love to eat and we are even attracted to most foods by color and texture. Evolution is not a process of consciousness so you need to explain why these things come about.

You don't even understand Natural Selection you have somehow managed to think that “a process” has concerns

Did you know that humans have the same number of hair follicles per square each that other mammals do? Ours is simply much finer and thinner. The reasons for this are not known, but it could be as simple as not providing an environment for parasites that infest fur, such as fleas and lice. Once this was established, humans could have found mates with thinner hair more attractive and hairiness was simple bred out over time.

Or it could also be because humans were designed to be creative and wear different types of outerwear as we do today.

In any case, we still have the ability to raise our fur in cold weather. This is not an advantage or disadvantage so there is no reason for it to have been phased out through natural selection. But to have the ability to do so with no benefit makes one wonder why a designer would include such a useless function in the human body. But it makes perfect sense if we evolved from other primates who can raise a thicker fur to help protect from the cold.

But we have hair and not fur and the benefits of goosebumps could easily be beneficial in regards to infants being cold but not able to yet speak or the elderly or for that matter noticing a change in temperature that would assist the person in preparing for colder weather such as noticing the onset of goosebumps coinciding with starting a fire before it gets too cold, Understand?

What is my problem, that I don't give in to superstition like you do?

No, your real problem is Dishonesty and Obsession until that is solved you will keep the Atheists Disease, what a horrible disease!!!!

kejonn
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ Feb. 16 2010,18:40)

No. In fact, because of its presence, bruising of that area is more likely, which would make sitting more uncomfortable.

Are you implying that the process of evolution has consciousness as an attribute?

How did you get that from taste buds? You are reaching, and trying to create a diversion.

If not why would you say that a process could determine the freshness or rancid nature of food, how could a process be concerned with success and enjoyment? Really this is why I say your ignorant.

You can say all you want, does not mean it is true. It seems you must try to insult me because it is all you have left.

Rancid food is detrimental to survival. Survival is part of the evolutionary model. You are learning, if you would just open your mind to possibilities outside of the clumsiness of the supernatural.

Also no one has to enjoy the taste of food to survive they just need to eat which most people will eat whatever they need to eat to survive.

That is where you err. You would not likely seek out food if it was not enjoyable. Sex is enjoyable, and it is necessary to continue the species. Again, another example of evolution.

But we have been given food that we love to eat and we are even attracted to most foods by color and texture. Evolution is not a process of consciousness so you need to explain why these things come about.

Why do you keep bringing up consciousness? Is this how you detract from the discussion at hand?

Eating is a voluntary act. Without desire, we don't carry out voluntary acts. Taste buds help us with this desire.

You don't even understand Natural Selection you have somehow managed to think that “a process” has concerns

It is you who lacks understanding. Your theistic mindset tries to turn it inside out and place it into an Abrahamic setting. It does not fit.

Or it could also be because humans were designed to be creative and wear different types of outerwear as we do today.

Once more you are grasping. Do you make this stuff up as you go? I at least tried to research the popular hypotheses that exist on the matter. Yours matches none of them.

But we have hair and not fur and the benefits of goosebumps could easily be beneficial in regards to infants being cold but not able to yet speak or the elderly  or for that matter noticing a change in temperature that would assist the person in preparing for colder weather such as noticing the onset of goosebumps coinciding with starting a fire before it gets too cold, Understand?

Grasping again. Goosebumps are not that noticeable to the onlooker, only to the person that has them. You really should do more research into the matter, your lack of understanding is a hindrance to creative discussion.

No, your real problem is Dishonesty and Obsession until that is solved you will keep the Atheists Disease, what a horrible disease!!!!

Your pretend disease means nothing. It is made up, just like your god.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (kejonn @ Feb. 17 2010,14:41)

Quote (bodhitharta @ Feb. 16 2010,18:40)

No. In fact, because of its presence, bruising of that area is more likely, which would make sitting more uncomfortable.

You just proved my point if injury to the coccyx bone makes sitting uncomfortable then it stands to reason that the comfort a person experiences when they sit is in part based on having a coccyx not to mention as I said before it has important muscles attached to it.

Are you implying that the process of evolution has consciousness as an attribute?

How did you get that from taste buds? You are reaching, and trying to create a diversion.

No diversion at all, what would be the mechanism to acquiring taste buds? Do you say that at one point there were no taste buds and then they evolved? If so, Why?

If not why would you say that a process could determine the freshness or rancid nature of food, how could a process be concerned with success and enjoyment? Really this is why I say your ignorant.

You can say all you want, does not mean it is true. It seems you must try to insult me because it is all you have left.

I'm not insulting you at all, you severely lack knowledge in many things you bring up so telling you that your ignorant is suggesting that you really apply knowledge to what you say before you say it. Some of the things I am telling you are easily observeable and common sense.

Rancid food is detrimental to survival. Survival is part of the evolutionary model. You are learning, if you would just open your mind to possibilities outside of the clumsiness of the supernatural.

Kejonn, I want you to really, I mean really pay attention: You have no idea what you are talking about and “survival” has nothing to do with an “evolutionary model” and most people like yourself do not understand that the idea of survival having anything to do with the theory of evolution is absolute ignorance and misunderstanding of what the theory of evolution even is.

The idea of evolution rests on the idea of BIOLOGICAL FITNESS/VIABILITY, Period! simply “what will live does” It has no intent or mode of direction. Once you understand that you will stop saying things that prove to me you don't understand what you are saying.

So, according to the theory a tree doesn't develop fruit so it could be eaten or we don't lose our “tails” because we don't need them…etc. That is all junk science for those who misunderstand the actual theory is organisms mutate and “if it survives” having that mutation that trait will continue” The term “Natural Selection” is also a weasel term with no inherent meaning because according to the theory Nature doesn't actually select anything and is not doing anything and once again the actual process according to the theory is living organisms growing, reproducing and dying are changing biologically for no reason and whatever lives and reproduces will change and biologically for no reason.

You see the effects of any external stimuli would not be relevant to a large extent in single lifetimes and it is only local social evolution that determines a change in behaviour and that combined with the fauna and flora cause diversity across a species but does not “create” species. Hence we have genetic boundaries in cross speciation these are the real facts.

Evolution does not account for desire and in-fact it cannot account for desire. The theory of evolution does not address in anyway instinct or intuition it does not unleash a sex drive to assure the continuity of a species all of that is not what evolution theory is even about but you accepted it to be such from your lack of study.

Also no one has to enjoy the taste of food to survive they just need to eat which most people will eat whatever they need to eat to survive.

That is where you err. You would not likely seek out food if it was not enjoyable. Sex is enjoyable, and it is necessary to continue the species. Again, another example of evolution.

Another example of you not knowing what evolution is, if it was did this enjoyment of food and sex evolve or was it always there? If it wasn't always there why would it be developed if the goal of viability was already met?

But we have been given food that we love to eat and we are even attracted to most foods by color and texture. Evolution is not a process of consciousness so you need to explain why these things come about.

Why do you keep bringing up consciousness? Is this how you detract from the discussion at hand?

Its because of the anthromorphic nature you keep ascribing to evolution.

Eating is a voluntary act. Without desire, we don'
    t carry out voluntary acts. Taste buds help us with this desire.

Eating is not a voluntary act if you don't do it you will die and if you are hungry enough taste is not an issue. God gave us JOY and KINDNESS and you remain ever ungrateful.

It is you who lacks understanding. Your theistic mindset tries to turn it inside out and place it into an Abrahamic setting. It does not fit.

It has to fit, because it's true. I'm not talking about Faith I'm talking about Knowledge. Faith gave me trust in God and trust in God gave me KNOWLEDGE.

Once more you are grasping. Do you make this stuff up as you go? I at least tried to research the popular hypotheses that exist on the matter. Yours matches none of them.

You don't think what I am saying makes sense? The most intelligent species is born one of the weakest, most dependent, no permanent coat for weather, no housing and no common language. We create languages, We create homes, We create garments for different climate conditions this is not a fluke my dear friend it is the truth made manifest.

But we have hair and not fur and the benefits of goosebumps could easily be beneficial in regards to infants being cold but not able to yet speak or the elderly or for that matter noticing a change in temperature that would assist the person in preparing for colder weather such as noticing the onset of goosebumps coinciding with starting a fire before it gets too cold, Understand?

Grasping again. Goosebumps are not that noticeable to the onlooker, only to the person that has them. You really should do more research into the matter, your lack of understanding is a hindrance to creative discussion.

What does shivering do?

Your pretend disease means nothing. It is made up, just like your god.

Oh both are very REAL, INDEED!

Viewing 20 posts - 181 through 200 (of 1,105 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account