Christendom's hope!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Texas
    Participant

Christendom's Hope! Does it really have one?
    It is known, that Religious Christendom has a long record of persecuting the anointed Brother's of Christ. Does that record, now, so firmly established, mean, that there is no possible way for them to gain foregiveness, for that record? No! It doesn't mean that, at all! Considering the activity of the Apostle Paul, before his conversion, there is every reason to believe, that they have as much hope, as any of us today. Note, what Paul himself had to say about that:
    Acts 9:1,2 –
    1 “Now Saul, still breathing threats and murder against the disciples of the Lord, went to the high priest,
    (NASB)
    2 and asked for letters from him to the synagogues at Damascus, so that if he found any belonging to the Way, both men and women, he might bring them bound to Jerusalem.”

Now, Paul, in his own day, prior to his becoming a disciple of our Lord, was a Pharisee, under the Mosaic-Law. He would have felt, that because, the entire Jewish Nation was under that Law, under that old law covenant, that he, and they, belonged to the true religion. That was true too, because, they all did. His problem, though, was, though, he, and they, had not as yet recognized, that it was time to establish the New Covenant on the Blood of the Christ. Notice now what Paul himself, will tell us about that.
    Acts 26:4,5 –

4 “So then, all Jews know my manner of life from my youth up, which from the beginning was spent among my own nation and at Jerusalem.”
    5 since they have known about me for a long time, if they are willing to testify, that I lived as a Pharisee according to the strictest sect of our religion.” So, we see from this that Paul was a Pharisee prior to his conversion, and very zealous, at that. So much so, that he even approved of the stoning of Steven, one of the anointed Brother's of Christ, as we will next learn:
    (NASB)
    Acts 8:1 (N. A.S.B)
    1 “Saul was in hearty agreement with putting {Steven} to death. And on that day a great persecution began against the church in Jerusalem, and they were all scattered throughout the regions of Judea and Samaria, except the apostles.” {Acts 7:51-60;8:1}
    {NASB) Galatians 1:13,14 –
    13 “For you have heard of my former manner of life in Judaism, how I used to persecute the church of God beyond measure and tried to destroy it;
    14 and I was advancing in Judaism beyond many of my contemporaries among my countrymen, being more extremely zealous for my ancestral traditions.”

Philippians 3:4-6 (N.A.S.B.)
    4 although I myself might have confidence even in the flesh. If anyone else has a mind to put confidence in the flesh, I far more:
    5 circumcised the eighth day, of the nation of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, a Hebrew of Hebrews; as to the Law, a Pharisee;
    6 as to zeal, a persecutor of the church; as to the righteousness which is in the Law, found blameless.”
    This advancement that Paul had made, while under that Law, would be something that Jehovah, nor his Son would fail to appreciate. Even though an imperfect man could never follow that law to the letter, Jehovah would at least expect them to try, to follow it, as best they could. Steven, just prior to being stoned to death, made that very clear to those Jews, when he told them:

Acts 7:51-53 (N.A.S.B)
    51 “You men who are stiff-necked and uncircumcised in heart and ears are always resisting the Holy Spirit; you are doing just as your fathers did.
    52 “Which one of the prophets did your fathers not persecute? They killed those who had previously announced the coming of the Righteous One, whose betrayers and murderers you have now become;
    53 you who received the law as ordained by angels, and YET DID NOT KEEP IT.”

Now, with the advancement that Paul said he had made while under that law, Stevens words would not apply to him, for he was extremely zealous, while under that law, and he showed that, by the advancement he had made, as a Pharasee; and, strange as though it may seem, by his persecution of the true followers of the Christ. He didn't appreciate them, seemingly, infringing on that old law Covenant. His appreciation for that law, would make it anathema to him, by them, telling all of them, that they, was no longer under that old law covenant. Being blind to that new covenant, he honestly wasn't aware of it's force, now. However Jesus rectified that situation, as will be seen:

3 “As he was traveling, it happened that he was approaching Damascus, and suddenly a light from heaven flashed around him;
    4 and he fell to the ground and heard a voice saying to him, “Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting Me?”
    5 And he said, “Who are You, Lord?” And He said, “I am Jesus whom you are persecuting.” Acts 9:3-5 (N.A.S.B.)
    So, then, by Pauls persecution of Jesus true followers, Paul, wasn't just persecuting them, but, was, in actuality, persecuting the Christ himself. Of course, this would have a very serious chain-reaction, because what was done to his followers, was done to him; and doing it to him was tantamount to doing it to his Father Jehovah God also. That would constitute Paul as walking on very dangerous ground. As it turned out, though, Paul had a very high honor placed upon him, even in the face of that persecution. Note the following:

Acts 9:10-16 (New American Standard Bible)
    10 “Now there was a disciple at Damascus named Ananias; and the Lord said to him in a vision, “Ananias.” And he said, “Here I am, Lord.”
    11 And the Lord said to him, “Get up and go to the street called Straight, and inquire at the house of Judas for a man from Tarsus named Saul, for he is praying,
    12 and he has seen in a vision a man named Ananias come in and lay his hands on him, so that he might regain his sight.”
    13 But Ananias answered, “Lord, I have heard from many about this man, how much harm he did to Your saints at Jerusalem;
    14 and here he has authority from the chief priests to bind all who call on Your name.”
    15 But the Lord said to him, “Go, for he is a chosen instrument of Mine, to bear My name before the Gentiles and kings and the sons of Israel;
    16 for I will show him how much he must suffer for My name's sake.” How did Paul feel about the suffering for the Christ that he would be called upon to do? How did he feel about losing his high position as a Pharasee, and teacher of the old law covenant? He tells us in the following words:
    7 “But whatever things were gain to me, those things I have counted as loss for the sake of Christ.
    8 “More than that, I count all things to be loss in view of the surpassing value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them but rubbish so that I may gain Christ.” (NASB) Philippians 3:7,8 –

So the value of what he possesed, now, was far greater than what he had as a Pharasee, and teacher of the old law. As he will now, tell us:
    Philippians 3:12-14 (D.T.)
    12 ” Not that I have already obtained [the prize], or am already perfected; but I pursue, if also I may get possession [of it], seeing that also I have been taken possession of by Christ [Jesus].
    13Brethren, *I* do not count to have got possession myself; but one thing — forgetting the things behind, and stretching out to the things before,
    14 I pursue, [looking] towards [the] goal, for the prize of the calling on high of God in Christ Jesus.”

As it turned out Paul now had the opportunity, to reign with the Christ for the thousand year period as a King and Priest. His conduct and actions was obviously over-looked, even in the face of his murderous attitude towards the anointed Brother's of Christ. He had gained a treasure of far more value, that what he had left behind, and he was far more zealous for that treasure, than for what he had cast aside, for he suffered for the Christ just as he was to do, as the next scripture will show:
    2 Corinthians 11:21-31 (Contemporary English Version)
    21 “I am ashamed to say t
    hat we are too weak to behave in such a way.

If they can brag, so can I, but it is a foolish thing to do. 22 Are they Hebrews? So am I. Are they Jews? So am I. Are they from the family of Abraham? Well, so am I. 23 Are they servants of Christ? I am a fool to talk this way, but I serve him better than they do. I have worked harder and have been put in jail more times. I have been beaten with whips more and have been in danger of death more often.
    24 Five times the Jews gave me thirty-nine lashes with a whip. 25 Three times the Romans beat me with a big stick, and once my enemies stoned me. I have been shipwrecked three times, and I even had to spend a night and a day in the sea. 26 During my many travels, I have been in danger from rivers, robbers, my own people, and foreigners. My life has been in danger in cities, in deserts, at sea, and with people who only pretended to be the Lord's followers.
    27 I have worked and struggled and spent many sleepless nights. I have gone hungry and thirsty and often had nothing to eat. I have been cold from not having enough clothes to keep me warm. 28 Besides everything else, each day I am burdened down, worrying about all the churches. 29 When others are weak, I am weak too. When others are tricked into sin, I get angry. 30 If I have to brag, I will brag about how weak I am. 31 God, the Father of our Lord Jesus, knows I am not lying. And God is to be praised forever!”

Certainly Paul suffered greatly for his faith in the Christ. With that in mind, would Paul ever come to believe, that the prize of the upward call of God, would actually come to be his? I would believe, that he would, according to his next words here, to follow:
    2 Timothy 2:12 (King James Version)
    12 “If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us:

(AMP) Luke 22:29,30
    29 “And as My Father has appointed a kingdom and conferred it on Me, so do I confer on you [the privilege and decree],
    Luke 22:30
    30 “That you may eat and drink at My table in My kingdom and sit on thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.”
    16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven, with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first;
    17 then we that are alive, that are left, shall together with them be caught up in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. 1 Thessalonians 4:16,17 (ASV)

I believe from all of that, that, Paul, would know, that, at some point in time, he would realize the prize he was reaching out for. The heavenly high-calling of God. So, what did Paul really lose, by leaving his prominent position as a Pharisee behind? True, while a Pharisee, he was never persecuted by any of the Israelites, so that must have served as a thorn in his side, when he began to be persecuted, so violently by his own kind. Still, weighing in the balances, what he had gained, there was simply no comparison, from losing what he did, by what he was able to gain. Life, for all eternity, in the Spirit realm with the Sovereign Ruler of the universe and his King Son. What a prize, he is yet to gain, when he experiences the first resurrection, to life in the spirit realm.

To obtain the prize of everlasting life on this earth, or, if there's still, more room, for life in the Spirit-realm, wouldn't we all have to do, what Paul himself obviously did? Didn't he himself tell us all, what it was, that he had to do himself, what we would have to do also? Note the following two scriptures:
    2 Corinthians 6:14-18 (Today's New International Version)

Warning Against Idolatry
    14 “Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness? 15 What harmony is there between Christ and Belial ? Or what does a believer have in common with an unbeliever? 16 What agreement is there between the temple of God and idols? For we are the temple of the living God. As God has said:
    “I will live with them
    and walk among them,
    and I will be their God,
    and they will be my people.”
    17 Therefore,
    “Come out from them
    and be separate,
    says the Lord.
    Touch no unclean thing,
    and I will receive you.”
    18 And,
    “I will be a Father to you,
    and you will be my sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty.”

Doom to the City of Darkness
    1-8 “Following this I saw another Angel descend from Heaven. His authority was immense, his glory flooded earth with brightness, his voice thunderous: Ruined, ruined, Great Babylon, ruined!
    A ghost town for demons is all that's left!
    A garrison of carrion spirits,
    garrison of loathsome, carrion birds.
    All nations drank the wild wine of her whoring;
    kings of the earth went whoring with her;
    entrepreneurs made millions exploiting her.
    Just then I heard another shout out of Heaven:
    Get out, my people, as fast as you can,
    so you don't get mixed up in her sins,
    so you don't get caught in her doom.
    Her sins stink to high Heaven;
    God has remembered every evil she's done.
    Give her back what she's given,
    double what she's doubled in her works,
    double the recipe in the cup she mixed;
    Bring her flaunting and wild ways
    to torment and tears.
    Because she gloated, “I'm queen over all,
    and no widow, never a tear on my face,”
    In one day, disasters will crush her—
    death, heartbreak, and famine—
    Then she'll be burned by fire, because God,
    the Strong God who judges her,
    has had enough. {M.S.G.} Revelation 18:1-8

The Apostle Paul, was humble enough, to abandon, the Israelite Nations way of worship, in favor of following the Christ. Keep in mind too, that that Nation was Jehovah's favored people, and was for many Centuries, the one true religion. That never hampered Paul from leaving them all behind, when he came to know, the real truth. He, got out 'from among them.'

The entire realm of religious Christendom, could do exactly as did Paul, and, like him, come to be followers of only the Christ, and achieve whatever reward that was to be offered to them; whether everlasting life on this earth, or the office of the heavenly high calling of God. Either way, a treasure beyond anything that we could ever imagine. Texas!

Hi Texas

Quote (Texas @ May 29 2009,19:53)

His problem, though, was, though, he, and they, had not as yet recognized, that it was time to establish the New Covenant on the Blood of the Christ. Notice now what Paul himself, will tell us about that. Acts 26:4,5 –

But the majority of Christendom accepts the New Covenant and the Blood of Jesus.

What more do they have to do to escape damnation according to you? Do they have to believe as you do?

The scriptures say…

And John answered and said, Master, we saw one casting out devils in thy name; and we forbad him, because he followeth not with us And Jesus said unto him, “Forbid him not: for he that is not against us is for us. Luke 9:49, 50   :)

Blessings WJ

Not3in1
    Participant

Keith,

Your patience is GOLDEN! Your self-control in holding your tongue is a-mazing (the things you'd love to say – I'm sure!).

That's some good fruit you have showing here…..can I have a bite? :;):

Love,
    Mandy

Not3in1
    Participant

Tex,

I see the colors of your fruit below your name!  So sad that you offend so many in the name of the Lord.

Jesus took control of situations, and people at times.  He spoke words of truth and healing.  His anger was righteous and true.  His compassion was, well, it brings me to tears this morning; such compassion!

Matthew 7:16

By their fruit you will recognize them……

Matthew 12:33-37, in part

Make a tree good and it's fruit will be good….for a tree is recognized by it's fruit.

For out of the overflow of the heart the mouth speaks.

The good man brings good things out of the good stored up in him….

Men will have to give account on the day of judment for every careless word…..

What's in your heart, Tex?  Love for the people?  Do you truly want everyone to be saved and come into a true knowledge of God?  Is it good that is in your heart?  If so, good will come out of your mouth.

Press on!
    Mandy

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account