Catholicism

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 393 total)
  • Author
    david
    Participant

Let God do the judging. He knows what is in our hearts.

Of course God is the judge of all the earth. (Gen 18:25) But in God's Word, Jesus said something very interesting.

JOHN 13:35
    “By this all will know that YOU are my disciples, if YOU have love among yourselves.””
    True followers of Jesus would have love among themselves. It would be a distinguishing factor.

Yet, if the world went to war today, you would find your Catholic brothers who are supposed to love you, trying to kill you. Not love. Is it?

Similarly, speaking of Catholics, The Belgian newspaper “La Dernière Heure” relates that during the war Roman Catholic Cardinal Amette of Paris said this to the French soldiers:

“My brothers, comrades of the French army and of their glorious allies, the Almighty God is on our side. . . . God is near to our brave soldiers in battle, he gives them strength and fortifies them against the enemy. . . . God will give us the victory.”

At the same time, on the other side, the Catholic archbishop of Cologne, Germany, said to German soldiers:
    “God is with us in this fight for righteousness . . . We command you in the name of God, to fight to the last drop of your blood for the honor and glory of the country. . . . God knows that we are on the side of righteousness and he will give us the victory.” (La Dernière Heure, January 7, 1967)

So this I ask: Who's side was God on? The Cardinal's or the Archbishop's?

As the New York Times observed: “In the past local Catholic hierarchies almost always supported the wars of their nations, blessing troops and offering prayers for victory, while another group of [Catholic] bishops on the other side publicly prayed for the opposite outcome.” (New York Times, December 29, 1966, p. 3.)

Are the Catholics on God's side? Or the side of whatever country they happen to live in? Are they truly united, as Christ's brothers are to be?

“By this all will know that you are my disciples, if you have love among yourselves.”

Robyn †
    Participant

Quote (david @ Aug. 18 2006,18:35)
    Yet, if the world went to war today, you would find your Catholic brothers who are supposed to love you, trying to kill you.  Not love.  Is it?

Okay…that just proves that Catholics are human. We are not perfect. Are you perfect? Didn't think so. Only God is perfect.

david
    Participant

Yes, and I suppose someone who decides to willfully worship Satan … I suppose that just proves that they are human too.

Actually, it proves a bit more.

It also proves that they are not really trying to please God when they WILLFULLY continue to cover the earth with blood.

“By this all will know that you are my disciples, if you have love among yourselves.”

david
    Participant

Right. I'm not perfect. Only God is perfect. And God's Word gives us warning.

We are told that many people would be “having a form of godly devotion but proving false to its power; and from these turn away.” (2 tim 3:5)

So some may say “peace!” and “love!” But if their actions as a group demonstrate that they prove false to what they believe, we are commanded to turn away from such ones.

We are not commanded to simply say: “Oh well, they're human.” As a group, Babylon the Great has been judged.

Quote (Robyn † @ Aug. 18 2006,18:52)

Quote (david @ Aug. 18 2006,18:35)
    Yet, if the world went to war today, you would find your Catholic brothers who are supposed to love you, trying to kill you.  Not love.  Is it?

Okay…that just proves that Catholics are human.  We are not perfect.  Are you perfect?   Didn't think so.  Only God is perfect.

You are right Robyn. None are perfect. If we were, God would not have sent his Son. All we have to do is believe in the Son. It doesn't matter what religion you are in. God saves souls no matter what church a person is in. It is the heart of the believer that God calls to repentance and that can take place anywhere at anytime. It is not the methodist, pentecostals, catholics, baptists or any other denomination that are sitting on the throne. It is Almighty God on the throne and on his right hand is his Son our saviour. The Father, Son and Holy Spirit is all we need. God's Holy Word will sustain us and all we have to do is believe.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Robyn,
    Actually what we all have to do if we wish to follow the instructions God gave Peter to tell us at Pentecost is to follow this command, which is the Way of Jesus Christ

Acts 2.37-38
    “37Now when they heard this, they were pierced to the heart, and said to Peter and the rest of the apostles, “Brethren, (D)what shall we do?”
    38Peter said to them, “(E)Repent, and each of you be (F)baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins; and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

39″For (G)the promise is for you and your children and for all who are (H)far off, as many as the Lord our God will call to Himself.”

May God open doors for you.

Robyn †
    Participant

Quote (david @ Aug. 18 2006,19:12)
    Yes, and I suppose someone who decides to willfully worship Satan … I suppose that just proves that they are human too.  

Actually, it proves a bit more.

Well David. You are human and subject to error like anyone else.

Isn't anyone who is not saved in a sense willfully following satan?

What about Adam and Eve? God told them if they ate of the forbidden fruit, that they would die. Satan told them that they would not, but that they would be as God. They chose to take the word of satan, a creation over the Word of God, the creator. And man has been doing the same ever since. That is why most refuse salvation. The love of sin is greater then the love of God.

That is why God gave us choice. He wants children who love him and follow him because we love him. He does not want slaves. So there are those who love satan and there are those who love God. Those who love God will be saved, for they are the children of God. Those who refuse so great a salvation love satan and are the children of satan and they will be with him forever in the place called the lake of fire and brimstone for they loved not the truth.

david
    Participant

Yes Robyn. I am human. That is not in dispute. No one here is denying that I am human.

And the cardinal who told the soldiers that God will give them victory against their “enemy,” he too was human.
    And the archbishop who commanded they they fight to the last drop of their blood for their country, he too was human.

My point is that they both claimed to have God on their sides. I don't believe God was on either of their sides or listened to either of their prayers.

ISAIAH 1:15
    “….Even though YOU make many prayers, I am not listening; with bloodshed YOUR very hands have become filled.”

I'm just saying that if there would be a third world war today, your relatives in your country would be killing your fellow Catholics in other countries. And those Catholics in those countries would be fighting and killing your catholic brothers in your country.
    It just doesn't seem very united, as a brotherhood, should be.

1 PETER 2:17
    “have love for the whole association of brothers [lit brotherhood].”

Where the love?

“By this all will know that you are my disiples, if you have love among yourselves.”

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi david,
    Please use the appropriate forum for your favourite topic.
    This is not the thread about warfare and we need to stay on the subject at hand.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi ,
    Catholicism teaches that salvation is dependant on feeding on Christ, the bread of life, and they believe that Christ is living in their communion bread. Thus only those who attend their table can partake of the Son of God and the Life in him.

It is all because of a false and shallow interpretation of John 6.

They also seem to believe that Christ is only flesh and blood if he is in the bread and the wine and so deny he is the Son of God in flesh. Even we are more than flesh and blood.

If they read Jn 6 through they would find that it is the Word enlivened by the Spirit that gives life as man cannot live on bread alone.
    Jn 6.63
    ” 63″(CW)It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing; (CX)the words that I have spoken to you are spirit and are life.”

david
    Participant

Hi david,
    Please use the appropriate forum for your favourite topic.
    This is not the thread about warfare and we need to stay on the subject at hand.

Killing people who you claim are your spiritual brothers is not my favorite topic nick. It rather saddens and disgusts me. But it does apply to this thread.

Nick is confused in what they believe. For he does not understand that when one accepts or believes Christ, that Christ comes and lives in that man. Now, granted, the catholics have made this into pagan rituals as saying the wine turns into the blood and the bread turns into the body of Christ and they truely believe this. They don't understand that Jesus used this as symbolism and it is to be done in rememberance of him. The catholics think we are actually eating the flesh of Jesus and drinking his blood.

As for having Christ in our hearts, if you do not, you are not saved.

epistemaniac
    Participant

(2 Cor 13:5 NASB) Test yourselves to see if you are in the faith; examine yourselves! Or do you not recognize this about yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you– unless indeed you fail the test?

Robyn †
    Participant

Quote (david @ Aug. 18 2006,21:08)
    Yes Robyn.  I am human.  That is not in dispute.  No one here is denying that I am human.

And the cardinal who told the soldiers that God will give them victory against their “enemy,” he too was human.
    And the archbishop who commanded they they fight to the last drop of their blood for their country, he too was human.

My point is that they both claimed to have God on their sides.  I don't believe God was on either of their sides or listened to either of their prayers.

Point taken. So David. What do you have in common with Archbishop and Cardinal?

1. All three of you are human

2. All three of you think you are right.

3. All three of you think God is on your side.

To be honest with you David…I see no difference between the three of you.

Robyn †
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Aug. 18 2006,21:39)
    Hi ,
    Catholicism teaches that salvation is dependant on feeding on Christ, the bread of life, and they believe that Christ is living in their communion bread. Thus only those who attend their table can partake of the Son of God and the Life in him.

It is all because of a false and shallow interpretation of John 6.

They also seem to believe that Christ is only flesh and blood if he is in the bread and the wine and so deny he is the Son of God in flesh. Even we are more than flesh and blood.

If they read Jn 6 through they would find that it is the Word enlivened by the Spirit that gives life as man cannot live on bread alone.
    Jn 6.63
    ” 63″(CW)It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing; (CX)the words that I have spoken to you are spirit and are life.”

One thing I like about Nick…he is a no nonsense type of guy that supports everything he types. :)

epistemaniac
    Participant

well… at least he tries to….. :)

Proclaimer
    Participant

To Robyn †,

Quote (Robyn † @ Aug. 19 2006,13:24)

Quote (t8 @ Aug. 18 2006,05:17)
    Robyn †.

If you claim to be a Roman Catholic and you back that denomination, then be prepared to also take upon yourself her judgements.

Do you condone the deaths, abuse, and refusing the people the scriptures, that the Roman Catholic church has comitted over the centuries?

You are either for her or against her. If you are for her, you also share in her sins and judgement too.

It's your choice, but at least now you know what you are choosing.

Personally I would rather keep away from the sins of men and be found in Christ Jesus, for in him there is no condemnation.

Are you saying that I am personally guilty of the sins of the Holy Roman Catholic Church? That is like saying Catholics are human…you are human..therefore you are damned forever.

Let God do the judging. He knows what is in our hearts.

I am saying this:

1 Timothy 5:22
    Lay hands suddenly on no man, neither be partaker of other men's sins: keep thyself pure.

Revelation 18:4
    Then I heard another voice from heaven say:
    “Come out of her, my people,
    so that you will not share in her sins,
    so that you will not receive any of her plagues;

God holds us responsible for their sins too, if we approve them.
    I personally wouldn't be approving of the Roman Catholic Church for risk in sharing in her judgments for the terrible sins she has committed throughout the centuries.

I would rather be found in Christ Jesus where there is no condemnation.

david
    Participant

1. All three of you are human

2. All three of you think you are right.

3. All three of you think God is on your side.

To be honest with you David…I see no difference between the three of you.

Well for one Robyn, i would never kill you, or promote your death. You can't be so certain of the cardinal or the archbishop. I think that's a pretty big difference.
    I think the fact that I am united with my brothers and realize that killing them would be the opposite of love, sets us quite far apart. They don't understand that to love your brother would mean you don't kill him.
    If we do the math, we KNOW that one of them (the cardinal or the archbishop) MUST be wrong. “God is on our countries side. Kill them.”
    “God is on Germany's side. Kill them.” Clearly, logically, God was not on both of their sides. Otherwise, God would be divided. I contend that God is on neither of their sides.

As well, I don't wear funny hats. So, there are clearly some differences. You may not see them, but if you lined us up, even though not having met any of us, I guarantee you, you'll know which one of us I am.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (epistemaniac @ Aug. 18 2006,23:38)
    (2 Cor 13:5 NASB)  Test yourselves to see if you are in the faith; examine yourselves! Or do you not recognize this about yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you– unless indeed you fail the test?

Hi E,
    Christ is not in everyone E, I am sure you will agree.
    So how is Christ born into us as in Gal 4?
    We must ALL be reborn, of water and the Spirit.

Catholicism does not require this of sentient beings but they baptise babies
    with
    neither repentance
    nor faith
    necessary for salvation.

Sorry but that is not going through the gate of Jesus Christ. Such is false baptism and irrelevant for salvation.

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 393 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account