Catholicism

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 393 total)
  • Author
    Proclaimer
    Participant

To Robyn †

I have some advice for you Robyn, I give it to you in love.

You should only teach that which you know can be backed up by scripture. You can be hypothetical, but not teach hypothesis as if it were scripture or truth.

E.g., you can teach that Jesus is the son of God, because this is revealed to us. You can teach that Jesus died for our sins and many other wonderful truths because it is written.

But saying the Catholic Church is Christ's Church or God is a Trinity is to expound the works of man and add your own interpretation. You can only teach them if scripture backs you up. If it doesn't, then you become a false teacher and you will be responsible for all you lead astray.

This may seem harsh, but life and death is in the tongue and truth is a serious matter. Real people are being bound up in the enemies lies and are on the path to destruction and real people are being set free by the truth and are on the path to life.

It is a serious matter because it is about life or death. Eternal life or destruction.

Please think very carefully about all you teach.

James said it like this:

James 3:1
    Let not many of you become teachers, my brethren, knowing that as such we will incur a stricter judgment.

Robyn †
    Participant

Quote (heiscomingintheclouds @ Aug. 17 2006,01:58)

Quote (Robyn † @ Aug. 17 2006,01:35)

Quote (heiscomingintheclouds @ Aug. 17 2006,00:13)
    Dear Robyn †,

Sis. Think about this for a minute and listen carefully. God is not a God of confusion. Why, would he come posing as his own Son, if it was really God the Father?

Don't you see how this is contradicting scripture. By saying the trinity is sound doctrine, it is saying the God is a God of confusion. And since the bible says the God is not a God of confusion, that could only mean one thing.

The trinity doctrine, that was the concept of men, is unsound. Just by standing on this one bible verse debunks the trinity doctrine.

God is not a God of confusion. It says so in his Word. So, if he were to come to earth himself, he would have done so, not posing as his Son, but he would have come as God the Father, Jehovah, Almighty God.

Well..think of the Holy Trinity as this.  When I was a little girl it was explain to me like this.

The Holy Trinity is a mystery.  Christians believe in only one God, yet they get confused when they think of God as three persons, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. I can see how this confuses so many people and it is very difficult for humans to understand.

It is sort of like this.  The Holy Trinity states that there are three persons in God.

You might ask…How can one God be in three persons?  This is a mystery.  They example that was used for me was the shamrock.  I happen to be Irish. The shamrock is one flower, yet it has three leaves.

Dear Roybn,

You completely ignored my post completely. Sis, I use to believe in the trinity. What changed me was believing the Word of God instead of the words of men.  

Read what you wrote to me. It sounds like a fairy tale. If the trinity doctrine was of God, he would have given it to us by the apostles, not those who it came from. To say this doctrine is sound is to say that God is a God of confusion. God is not a God of confusion. God it the Father and the Father begat the Son. He did not begat himself. The only mystery is that in which came from the minds of men. As for the Word of God, it is plain and simple.  God the Father, begat his Son the Word and through the Son and by the Son by the unction of the Holy Spirit, by the ministry of the Holy Spirit, all of creation came into existance.

I'm sorry that you think that. God is a mystery. You keep saying that God is not a God of Confusion.

God came to earth in human form as Jesus to save us. He died for our sins and the original sin. God was Jesus to give us an example to us as humans.

You just have to accept the fact that God is a mystery and the the Holy Trinity is a mystery.

Quote (Robyn † @ Aug. 17 2006,01:52)
    I will be honest with you t8.  Everything I have been telling you is just what I was taught. I am just repeating what I was told over the years.  I never studied the scriptures like most of you.  I have faith in my Church and God. I am out of my league here.  I'm actually just a university student about ready to start my second year at school.

Dear Robyn,

Sister, forget what you have been taught. Denominational teachings are grounded on the words of men. There is only one faith, and that is the Word of God. Don't believe anything other then the Word of God. That is what is wrong with many of the churches today. They have facilliated their own ideas and interpretations of the Word of God, ignoring what the Word says. They have added and taken away from the Word of God. It is for this reason truth is such a rare commodity in the world today. For the further man gets from the truth in God's Word, the more corrupt the world will become.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Robyn † @ Aug. 17 2006,21:05)
    You just have to accept the fact that God is a mystery and the the Holy Trinity is a mystery.

To Robyn †

If you want us to adhere to your words then prove your quoted statement above.

Robyn †
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Aug. 17 2006,02:02)
    To Robyn †

I have some advice for you Robyn, I give it to you in love.

You should only teach that which you know can be backed up by scripture. You can be hypothetical, but not teach hypothesis as if it were scripture or truth.

E.g., you can teach that Jesus is the son of God, because this is revealed to us. You can teach that Jesus died for our sins and many other wonderful truths because it is written.

But saying the Catholic Church is Christ's Church or God is a Trinity is to expound the works of man and add your own interpretation. You can only teach them if scripture backs you up. If it doesn't, then you become a false teacher and you will be responible for all you lead astray.

This may seem harsh, but life and death is in the tongue and truth is a serious matter. Real people are being bound up in the enemies lies and are on the path to destruction and real people are being set free by the truth and are on the path to life.

It is a serious matter because it is about life or death. Eternal life or destruction.

Please think very carefully about all you teach.

James said it like this:

James 3:1
    Let not many of you become teachers, my brethren, knowing that as such we will incur a stricter judgment.

Okay t8…you are correct. I cannot back up anything I am saying. I was just explaining my belief. So I will no longer do that.

I have a question for you now. If there is only one God…why so many religions?

God is a mystery to those who do not know him. To those who he reveals himself to, the mystery is no longer a mystery.

If you meet a person and never get to know him, his ways will be a mystery to you. Yet, if you become aquainted with that person, he is no longer a mystery, for he reveals himself to you.

Robyn †
    Participant

Quote (heiscomingintheclouds @ Aug. 17 2006,02:06)
    Dear Robyn,

Sister, forget what you have been taught. Denominational teachings are grounded on the words of men. There is only one faith, and that is the Word of God. Don't believe anything other then the Word of God. That is what is wrong with many of the churches today. They have facilliated their own ideas and interpretations of the Word of God, ignoring what the Word says. They have added and taken away from the Word of God. It is for this reason truth is such a rare commodity in the world today. For the further man gets from the truth in God's Word, the more corrupt the world will become.

God is a mystery to those who do not know him. To those who he reveals himself to, the mystery is no longer a mystery.

If you meet a person and never get to know him, his ways will be a mystery to you. Yet, if you become aquainted with that person, he is no longer a mystery, for he reveals himself to you.

You make a lot of sense heiscomingintheclouds. I never thought of it that way. I was always taught that God is naturally a mystery to all of us because of his vastness. We are just mere humans that cannot comprehend God. Maybe I'm the confused one here. I don't know anymore.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Hi Robyn †

Okay t8…you are correct. I cannot back up anything I am saying. I was just explaining my belief. So I will no longer do that.

Because men who would rather draw men to themselves rather than Christ have risen, even from among true believers.

John 12:32
    But I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all men to myself.”

Acts 20:30
    Even from your own number men will arise and distort the truth in order to draw away disciples after them.

Also, the god of this world/age is the Devil.

2 Corinthians 4:4
    The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.

But Jesus came to destroy the works of the Devil.

1 John 3:8
    He who does what is sinful is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil's work.

In short, there is one God who created a good creation. But the enemy sowed tares among the wheat.

God allowed both to grow side by side until the harvest.

The tares will be purged and bundled together for the fire.

Then the wheat will shine in God's Kingdom.

The tares were sowed by the Devil. The Devil is the Father of Lies. So he is ultimately responsible for all the lies that men end up believing.

But Jesus said the truth shall set you free and he said he was the truth.

That is why we must be careful about our faith.

We need to serve God with all our hearts and love him more than anything else.

The truth is that God sent his son into the world to die in our place. He then raised his son back to heaven and to the glory he had before.
    Jesus is now seated at the right hand of the majesty on high and interceeds for us.

He is our high priest.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Robyn † @ Aug. 17 2006,21:17)

Quote (heiscomingintheclouds @ Aug. 17 2006,02:06)
    Dear Robyn,

You make a lot of sense heiscomingintheclouds. I never thought of it that way. I was always taught that God is naturally a mystery to all of us because of his vastness. We are just mere humans that cannot comprehend God. Maybe I'm the confused one here. I don't know anymore.

True heiscomingintheclouds.

Matthew 7:22-26
    22 Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?'
    23 Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!'
    24 “Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock.
    25 The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock.
    26 But everyone who hears these words of mine and does not put them into practice is like a foolish man who built his house on sand.

Dear Robyn,

I will answer your question for you, for I don't believe any here can. Yet, most will not agree with my answer.

I believe the reason we have all the different religions is because of all the different bible translations. And here is what happened. I will explain it in a parable.

The Word of God is like a well of pure water. The enemy, the devil, snuck in when no one was looking and added a few drops of poison. The drops of poison are the changing of words in the bible.

The devil added just a few drops, because he didn't want to raise suspicision. For if a person would get sick, his plan would be spoiled. He wants to not just kill a few men, he wants to kill all mankind. So to do this, it must be done slowly so his plot is not uncovered and men will remain deceived. The devil continues adding his poison year after year, century after century, making men sick to the point of death.

Here is the problem. You have one translation. You have maybe four to five different interpretations that may result in different churches.
    Then all of a sudden, you get anther translation where some words have been changed. This creates interpretations and churches. Then comes more translations and more interpretations and more churches.

Does this not sound like a plot by the devil to confuse mankind?

Today, you have people who pick and choose scriptures that best suit them. Does this not sound like creating God in your own image?

Robyn †
    Participant

I see…You have great knowledge of the Holy bible. I have one more question. Which Church is the true Church of Jesus Christ?

Scripture Seeker
    Participant

Quote (Robyn † @ Aug. 17 2006,01:05)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Aug. 16 2006,21:40)
    Hi Robyn,
    So the Son of God is not really a son at all if he remains one in being with the Father?

Well..I will do my best to try and explain this again.

First of all we know that God is a mystery in his actions and nature.  I can see why you are baffled at the idea that there could be three Persons in one God. I want to be able to help you understand God as best as I can.  

I know it can sound confusing when we Catholics talks about the Trinity as being the work of different Persons. Let's try to break it down in steps.

1. God the Father as the Creator and Life-giver.

2. God the Son – or Word – is Jesus, the God-man who came to earth to show us how to live. He suffered and died that all people might find forgiveness and salvation.

3. The Spirit is the Comforter and we get our wisdom and understanding from him.  He guides the Church and our Church leaders.

The Holy Trinity is one God with three Persons… Father, Son, and Spirit. We believe that the Father, Son, and Spirit are equal in power and majesty. Basically one person of the Holy Trinity has no more power than the next.  They are all equal.

Welcome Robyn,

Its nice to see another Catholic, I think we are a little out numbered. Here is a list of many many scriptures that clearly reveal the Trinity.

http://socrates58.blogspot.com/2005….fs.html

God Bless
    :)

Robyn †
    Participant

Quote (Scripture Seeker @ Aug. 17 2006,02:25)

Hi Robyn,
    So the Son of God is not really a son at all if he remains one in being with the Father?

First of all we know that God is a mystery in his actions and nature.  I can see why you are baffled at the idea that there could be three Persons in one God. I want to be able to help you understand God as best as I can.  

I know it can sound confusing when we Catholics talks about the Trinity as being the work of different Persons. Let's try to break it down in steps.

2. God the Son – or Word – is Jesus, the God-man who came to earth to show us how to live. He suffered and died that all people might find forgiveness and salvation.

3. The Spirit is the Comforter and we get our wisdom and understanding from him.  He guides the Church and our Church leaders.

The Holy Trinity is one God with three Persons… Father, Son, and Spirit. We believe that the Father, Son, and Spirit are equal in power and majesty. Basically one person of the Holy Trinity has no more power than the next.  They are all equal.

Welcome Robyn,

Its nice to see another Catholic, I think we are a little out numbered. Here is a list of many many scriptures that clearly reveal the Trinity.

God Bless

Oh Thank God. I'm so happy to see you. You make me feel better about this Forum. :)

Proclaimer
    Participant

Come on heiscomingintheclouds

You have a discussion elsewhere for this.
    Please do not confuse the issue here.

Thanks.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Robyn † @ Aug. 17 2006,21:25)
    I see…You have great knowledge of the Holy bible. I have one more question. Which Church is the true Church of Jesus Christ?

Hi Robyn †

The true Church is the Body of Christ.

The body is made up of many parts, but Jesus is the head of the true body.

The Church is not of this world. It is not like a worldly organisation with it's own CEO and managers and workers, rather it is managed by those who are apostles, prophets, evangelists, teachers, and pastors/shepherds.

It is made up of people all over the world who have God's spirit living in them.

These individuals may well belong to any number of denominations, but they are all part of the Church if they have God's spirit.

In otherwords the Church is not one denomination. It is a group of people who may belong to this organisation or that, but because they belong to God, they are part of his Church.

If they are the Church, then they cannot go to church, because they are the Church.

You just need to change your concept of Church to the scriptural one.

Try this link:

https://heavennet.net/answers/answer05.htm

The true church is the ones who stand on the Word of God. They are the ones that resemble the church that was in the days of the apostles. Yet, that is speaking as trying to find a group of believers. This is what you will find in the bride of Christ. The true church are those who come together and raise Holy hands unto the Lord. For he inhabits the praise of the saints. A true church is a group of believers who are in one accord in the Spirit. Jesus said, where two or more are gathered in my name, there I am also.

16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;

18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Robyn,
    You said

“I'm sorry that you think that. God is a mystery. You keep saying that God is not a God of Confusion.

“God came to earth in human form as Jesus to save us. He died for our sins and the original sin. God was Jesus to give us an example to us as humans.

You just have to accept the fact that God is a mystery and the the Holy Trinity is a mystery.”

Scripture says that Jesus is the Son of God and so the Son of God came in flesh and not the Father. He was filled with the graces and powers of God and showed us God working through him.

There are mysteries but 'trinity God' is not one of them. Some things are taught to you as mysteries because they do not fit with the trinity teachings of your masters. Remember if they feared God they would abide in the Word and not venture outside of scripture into such dangerous and vain speculations about the nature of God.

Because we have truth defined for us by Jesus.

We should listen to the voice of the shepherd.

Jn 17.17
    ” 17″ÂSanctify them in the truth; Your word is truth. “

Scripture says God is not a God of confusion but of peace.

Scripture Seeker
    Participant

Quote (Robyn † @ Aug. 17 2006,02:28)

Quote (Scripture Seeker @ Aug. 17 2006,02:25)

Hi Robyn,

Welcome Robyn,

God Bless

Oh Thank God.  I'm so happy to see you.  You make me feel better about this Forum. :)

Hi Robyn,

I am at work at the moment, just been called away for a network fault. I have sent you an email with a list of many good catholic web sites that use scripture alone to clearly show who the pillar and ground of truth is.

I will login tonight and add a post on the Trinity.

God Bless  :)

Robyn, I ask that you read the post on the son of perdition. This is a word of knowledge the Lord gave me not long ago while fasting and praying. It has to deal with the catholic religion. It saddens me because most of the members in my family and most of my friends are catholics. All I can do it tell them what God has revealed to me. It is up to them what they do with that information after that.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Robyn,
    Test the words of 'scripture seeker' too against the revealed truth of the Word of God lest the seed planting by God is disturbed. Other plants not planted by God will eventually be pulled out and thrown in the fire.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 393 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account