cant stop

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 21 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Not3in1
    Participant

Hey Stephen,

You're not alone brother. Everyone struggles in this area at some point in their lives. Some struggle all their lives! Some believe it's a sin, while other's believe it's the thoughts that accompany the act that are the sin. Either way, if you feel in your spirit that this is something not honoring God – there is help for you through Jesus Christ. It says that Jesus was tempted in ALL WAYS as we are. Curious idea that Jesus was tempted to masturbate, huh? Some would think this is sacreligious to say such a thing, but there you go. There is help because Jesus knows what we are going through. He's been there.

Personally, I can tell you there is grace given to you if you really want to please the Lord. I was sexually abused as a very young child, and then again when I was a pre-teen. So, I've had some issues with masterbation and unhealthy thoughts/desires. I do not want these thoughts/desires. I want to be free from them. So I've prayed and ask the Lord to help me, and he has. Relief from the temptation (and torture/guilt) is possible.

Remember that even Paul said the very thing we do not want to do – it is that very thing that we do! Goodness! We live in this body, but we do not have to be a slave to anything. Praise God! We can be free from the things that torment us and make us feel far from God. I will pray for you brother, and please don't ever feel like you are alone. You have a lot of company in this area, I'm sure. Most folks don't want to talk about it because it's scary and very, very private. But it's also very, very real and can be the cause of much falling away from the Lord. Take heart! And trust that the Lord can see you through anything. :)

Not3in1
    Participant

For new member Trev

treverend
    Participant

Hellloo! I struggle with that too dude! But I Jesus will slay the dragon. I know by Jesus only that I have gotten better at controlling my sinful desires and my mind. It's a hard thing that I still struggle with and I fail a lot, but I know God still loves me and I know Jesus didn't die in vain, I will fight Satan and the schemes of man with the power and strength of Jesus Christ and we won't let up, Jesus will turn Satan's attacks back on himself.

Shania
    Participant

Hi everyone,

Do you know what sin is? It is an affirmation of what we love. When we sin, we are telling God, “this is more important to me than you. I love this more than you.” It makes us cringe to admit that, but it is the truth. Sin exposes the darkness that is in our hearts. The problem is not the sin as much as it is the darkness and the condition of our hearts. This is a heart issue.

Do you know that if you make a conscious effort and decision to not do the wrong things and only do the right things because you want to be good and “right” it will not work? You cannot do the right thing for the sake of doing the right thing. It doesn't work.

So what does work? Love.

Matt 5:20
    20 For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven.
    NIV

Why is this? The Pharisees and the teachers of the law cared about one thing: being right. Doing the right thing. Did they love God? No, but they observed certain laws and in their eyes, they were righteous.

Do we do this? It is a hard question, but we have to ask it. What is the motive of our hearts? Why do we do the things we do?

Matt 22:36-40
    36 “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law ?”

37 Jesus replied: “'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”
    NIV

1 John 5:3
    3 This is love for God: to obey his commands.
    NIV

2 John 5-6
    5 And now, dear lady, I am not writing you a new command but one we have had from the beginning. I ask that we love one another. 6 And this is love : that we walk in obedience to his commands. As you have heard from the beginning, his command is that you walk in love .
    NIV

Love sums up the law:

Rom 13:10
    Therefore love is the fulfillment of the law
    NIV

Now, the problem is that our hearts are wicked and we do not love Him like we should. This is where prayer comes in. Let's be honest with Him. Break before Him. If you desire to change, tell Him and ask Him to help you. Ask Him to crush you. [This is the meaning of “contrite”] David was always praying for this. He sinned terribly, but he was a man after God's own heart. He broke. He wept. He repented.

If you pray and ask God to transform you and you are willing to be broken, do you think that He will resist that? All He wants is you! All He wants is a relationship with you! He wants to be close and intimate with you, but your sin is standing in the way. If you cry out to Him, do you think that he will keep you at a distance?

This is the heart of our Father:

Luke 15:18-20
    18 I will set out and go back to my father and say to him: Father, I have sinned against heaven and against you. 19 I am no longer worthy to be called your son; make me like one of your hired men.' 20 So he got up and went to his father.

“But while he was still a long way off, his father saw him and was filled with compassion for him; he ran to his son, threw his arms around him and kissed him.
    NIV

The dictionary definition of repentance is a 180 degree turn. To go the opposite way. The prodigal son chose to do this and go back home. But before he could get there, his father saw him and ran to him. He was still a long way off. He was full of the stench of the world, but the father saw his heart and the love of the father was stronger than the shame of the son.

Friend, this is all you have to do.

Viewing 4 posts - 21 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account