Boy Scouts even more insular now

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 123 total)
  • Author
    Stu
    Participant

t8

Let me know when you have some evidence for your risible fairytale. I hope that coincides with you developing some intellectual integrity. Then we might have something to discuss.

Stuart

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Sep. 13 2008,22:07)

Quote (david @ Sep. 13 2008,15:22)

I claim to know nothing

–stuart.

Then you will never be wrong.

Do you have the integrity not to quote mine my post?  Maybe I should be flattered that what I write is so cogent that you have no answer but the usual creationist response to biological scientists (even though I am not one of them). Shall I start doing that to you?  I don't think you rate highly enough for me to bother, actually.  What is that line about pearls and swine again?

Stuart

Oh, I didn't quote a post of yours.

Ring up the Quote Police and tell them I am under the quota.

I have no answer to your writings?

Ha ha. Apart from picking it apart and showing you that you have no understanding of the cause and admit to it too, whilst ridiculing others who claim to have experience with the cause and then concluding that you have no basis to do such. Then further concluding that you have no foundation for what you believe.

You don't even know what you believe.

Then you have the cheek to say that I have no rebuttal for what you say. Stu, you must be joking. If you aren't joking, then what can I say? I am lost for words. Are you that biased that you cannot even see obvious things anymore?

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Sep. 13 2008,22:28)
    t8

Let me know when you have some evidence for your risible fairytale.  I hope that coincides with you developing some intellectual integrity. Then we might have something to discuss.

Stuart

Fairytales?

• God created the Cosmos.
  • Cosmos came from an eternal (but non-living) substance or thing of some kind.
  • Cosmos came from absolutely nothing.

Out of the 3 fairytales which one would you put money on?

As I can see it, with no experience, understanding, insight, or wisdom regarding the above options, in its raw state, it is a 3 horse race.

Yet one of those horses is the winner.

Unless you would like to submit another horse?

Again, which one do you put your money on and if none of the above, which horse would you like to enter?

Please be specific. No beating around the bush aye!

charity
Participant

I bet on Far lap :D

charity
Participant

I bet on Far lap  :D

or if I can grow my hair long enough, I can i be Rapunzel

Tiffany
Participant

Quote (charity @ Sep. 17 2008,17:20)

Rapunzel is that not one German Fairy in the sky???
:laugh:

Irene

charity
Participant

Or… Have you heard of “Rapunzel's Revenge” mrs?

Once upon a time there lived a little girl and her mother … or the person she thought was her mother.

Every day, when the girl played in her grand villa and lush garden, she grew more curious about what lay on the other side of the ridiculously huge garden wall. Until the day she finally managed to sneak over the top of the wall and was horrified to see what lay beyond.

Imprisoned following her discovery, Rapunzel is determined to take revenge. She is soon wanted – dead or alive – for horse thieving, kidnapping, jail breaking and using her hair in a manner other than nature intended!

Newbery Honour-winning author Shannon Hale has teamed up with husband Dean Hale and artist Nathan Hale (no relation) to create this vibrant visual feast of a book.

Tiffany
Participant

Quote (charity @ Sep. 20 2008,09:36)
Or… Have you heard of   “Rapunzel's Revenge” mrs?

Once upon a time there lived a little girl and her mother … or the person she thought was her mother.

Every day, when the girl played in her grand villa and lush garden, she grew more curious about what lay on the other side of the ridiculously huge garden wall. Until the day she finally managed to sneak over the top of the wall and was horrified to see what lay beyond.

Imprisoned following her discovery, Rapunzel is determined to take revenge. She is soon wanted – dead or alive – for horse thieving, kidnapping, jail breaking and using her hair in a manner other than nature intended!

Newbery Honour-winning author Shannon Hale has teamed up with husband Dean Hale and artist Nathan Hale (no relation) to create this vibrant visual feast of a book.

Yes, I slightly remember, from my childhood. I was 16 when we left Germany. That has been a lifetime ago. I spoke no English when we arrived here. Thank you for telling the story.
Love Irene

charity
Participant

that story was a copy from the book review mrs :D

Proclaimer
Participant

I went to a museum here in Wellington and saw Phar Laps skeleton. His heart is also preserved, in a museum in Melbourne.

It was sad to hear that he was poisoned with arsenic, just when he was ready to take on the big American horse Equipoise. I guess someone couldn't handle competition.

charity
Participant

Quote (t8 @ Sep. 25 2008,22:48)

I went to a museum here in Wellington and saw Phar Laps skeleton. His heart is also preserved, in a museum in Melbourne.

It was sad to hear that he was poisoned with arsenic, just when he was ready to take on the big American horse Equipoise. I guess someone couldn't handle competition.

Hi t8

kiwi land is so tiny, hmmm, use to go from coast to coast in just over the hour, then to wellington for a hamburger. :laugh:
the New zealand Horses have done well.

Have you seen the movie The worlds fastest Indian (Anthony Hopkins)
nuts and bolts and determination take on Americas best? :D

Proclaimer
Participant

New Zealand is about the same size as California which is actually bigger than Great Britain.

But it is certainly small compared to Australia. New Zealand can fit inside Australia something like 30 times.

That said, for a small area and population it certainly punches way above its weight. New Zealand competes well against nations that are much bigger and it also has a world of landscapes all bunched together. That is one of the things I like about this country. You can travel through a desert landscape and then be in a lush rain forest 1 hour later. Or you can be on a sunny beach , and then going skiiing in the afternoon. I love the variety and beauty of the landscapes.

I loved Australia when I was there, but man it takes ages to go anywhere and the landscapes are much more consistent, so you see the same thing in one days travel.

Yes I saw that movie. I liked it. Reminded me of that other guy who built the fastest bike in the world from his own  garage, including casting the engining parts himself, then won Daytona and lots of other races.

http://www.nzedge.com/heroes/britten.html

charity
Participant

Thanks for that Link t8, How nice to be free to create and compete.

:D I remember handing up tools on Friday night, ford Angel box, gam packing a 1600 cross flow motor in, with all the extra, Weber and extractors that bashed holes through the floor, No heater required, hitting one100 mile an hour in third gear,. Not bad back then, Beating a 56 chev of the Mark, the rest I don’t care!. Some black and white racing tape to make it go faster, and She flew down the drag strip; I noticed they used them at the very first gold coast Indy.

I love the Indy, the best thing I have seen is a Jet truck, they band it from From coming back the next year, after it broke windows all thru the high rise apartment in surfers paradise….so worth it…smile

I miss the winding Roads of Home that I learnt to drive on, just a few months ago I took my son over, and went driving, he loved it, he said this is so awesome.
New Zealand is in its own league.

:D

Proclaimer
Participant

It wasn't any of these road by any chance?

charity
Participant

No “Mic Donald's” around any corners? t8? :D

rout 66, south New Zealand
fantastic, thank you for posting your Photos,
Think I need Directions, Addresses. :laugh:

theodorej
Participant

Quote (Stu @ Sep. 11 2008,07:31)

Quote (theodorej @ Sep. 10 2008,22:50)

Quote (t8 @ Sep. 10 2008,00:55)
The point is that you came here giving everyone who believed in God a hard time for that belief. And now you are saying that you are ignorant of the time before the Big Bang.

Somethings not right with your logic Stu. It doesn't add up.

Greetings t8……..There is no logic with stu…he is a true contrarian…..you say up / he says down…..you yes/he says no and so on….The truth of the matter is,it shouldn't matter whether he is a believer or not…..Stu is an excelent means for honing your belief system and creating meaningfull discourse…

So you can't say what the logic problem is either.  That gives you a credibility problem.

Stuart

Greetings Stu….I have examined the logic and strength of your argument….I just respectfully disagree….If that speaks to my credability,than Iam without any..

Stu
Participant

Quote (theodorej @ Sep. 28 2008,02:09)

The point is that you came here giving everyone who believed in God a hard time for that belief. And now you are saying that you are ignorant of the time before the Big Bang.

Greetings t8……..There is no logic with stu…he is a true contrarian…..you say up / he says down…..you yes/he says no and so on….The truth of the matter is,it shouldn't matter whether he is a believer or not…..Stu is an excelent means for honing your belief system and creating meaningfull discourse…

So you can't say what the logic problem is either.  That gives you a credibility problem.

Stuart

Greetings Stu….I have examined the logic and strength of your argument….I just respectfully disagree….If that speaks to my credability,than Iam without any..

Hi theodorej

I appreciate you acknowledging that you had no actual argument against what I said. I rather think you might have got entangled in t8's deceptions. I don't really think you are without credibility however on this point I'm still not sure why you are disagreeing. Is it you yourself that is being the contrarian now?

Stuart

theodorej
Participant

Quote (Stu @ Oct. 02 2008,13:00)

Quote (theodorej @ Sep. 28 2008,02:09)

Stuart

Hi theodorej

I appreciate you acknowledging that you had no actual argument against what I said.  I rather think you might have got entangled in t8's deceptions.  I don't really think you are without credibility however on this point I'm still not sure why you are disagreeing.  Is it you yourself that is being the contrarian now?

Stuart

Greetings Stu…..AH ! Yes you are indeed very attentive,however,I am curious how you are able to weave deception fron candor and honesty….

david
Participant

You don't even know what you believe.  

Well, stu is willing to admit he believes very very little.  There is almost nothing he is certain about–with the one exception being that God almost certainly does not exist.

I guess this strategy has its merrits. One who believes nothing is seldom wrong.

david
Participant

Quote (Stu @ Sep. 13 2008,22:07)

Quote (david @ Sep. 13 2008,15:22)

I claim to know nothing

–stuart.

Then you will never be wrong.

Do you have the integrity not to quote mine my post?  Maybe I should be flattered that what I write is so cogent that you have no answer but the usual creationist response to biological scientists (even though I am not one of them). Shall I start doing that to you?  I don't think you rate highly enough for me to bother, actually.  What is that line about pearls and swine again?

Stuart

Why is it stu, that you dislike being quoted?

“Do have the integrity not to quote mine my post?”

I actually don't know how to respond to that.

Maybe I should be flattered that what I write is so cogent that you have no answer but the usual creationist response to biological scientists

And you have the usual evolutionary responses. Does the fact that something is repeated make it wrong, stu?
No need to be flattered. What I said wasn't very flattering. Basically, you have very little opinion on what you feel you know, because if you state you believe something is true, you may be shown wrong, as science often changes. So, you're in the safety zone. And as I said, you claiming “to know nothing” means you'll never be proven wrong, which is a nice feeling, I suppose.
And stu, I usually do respond to you. It's fun pointing out the errors.

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 123 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account