Book of Revelations

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 71 total)
  • Author
    life_of_praise
    Participant

Daniel…I believe it starts at 7 on thru 12 the last chapter is the prophecy to the end of times.

In Matthew 24, Luke 21, and Mark 13. Jesus talks about the end of times and quotes from Daniel.

Revelations prophesizes what has already been prophesized by someone calle John the Divine…take from Daniel, Ezekiel and Zechariah.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi lop,
    We need them all and now that the time draws near we should be able to see unfolding some of these prophecies and so gain further insight into these mysteries.

Matt 24
    “Matthew 24:43
    But understand this: If the owner of the house had known at what time of night the thief was coming, he would have kept watch and would not have let his house be broken into.”

1Thess 5
    “But you, brothers, are not in darkness so that this day should surprise you like a thief.”

1Thess 4
    ' 13But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.

14For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.”

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi lop,
    If you read Romans 8 you will see many the ways to speak of  the Spirit of God. There is no separate deity called The Holy Spirit either in heaven or on earth because it is the Spirit of God doing the work of God throughout creation. Jesus called the Spirit “the finger of God”

Lk 11
    ” 18If Satan also be divided against himself, how shall his kingdom stand? because ye say that I cast out devils through Beelzebub.

19And if I by Beelzebub cast out devils, by whom do your sons cast them out? therefore shall they be your judges.

20But if I with the finger of God cast out devils, no doubt the kingdom of God is come upon you. “

Compare the parallel verse in Matthew

Matt 12
    “26And if Satan cast out Satan, he is divided against himself; how shall then his kingdom stand?

27And if I by Beelzebub cast out devils, by whom do your children cast them out? therefore they shall be your judges.

28But if I cast out devils by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God is come unto you.”

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi lop,
    You say
    “Now, many say that this John is the same as the John who wrote the Gospel. Well…if that was the case, then John would know who Jesus is.

Rev 1:13  And in the midst of the seven lampstands one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girded about the breast with a golden belt. “

This is Jesus, the man from heaven in his new heavenly body, not the battered and torn weak one of flesh that John knew him in.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi lop,
    You say
    “Rev 5:6 And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four living creatures, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as though it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth.”

This shows that the Spirit of Christ derives totally from and through Christ now unto his body on earth expressed to the seven churches and their angels.

life_of_praise
    Participant

I understand what you're saying….but the end of times was already prophesized. That prophecy was given to Daniel.

Jesus told us in Matthew, Luke and Mark about the end of times…and quoted from Daniel.

In Matthew, Jesus said…

Mat 24:4 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.
    Mat 24:5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

Now, In Revelations, we have someone who is like unto the Son of man.

Rev 1:13 And in the midst of the seven lampstands one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girded about the breast with a golden belt.

Like unto?? So John has no idea who this person is??

Then you have..

Rev 4:5 And out of the throne proceeded lightning and thunderings and voices: and there were seven lamps of fire burning before the throne, which are the seven Spirits of God.

Then you have a Lamb…not the Lamb of God..but a Lamb.
    Who has 7 eyes and 7 horns…which are suppose to be the 7 spirits of God

Who is this Lamb with the horns and eyes? Is it being said that Jesus looks like this?

Then, you have this John the Divine who falls on his knees to worship angels.

Rev 19:10 And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See you do it not: I am your fellow servant, and of your brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.

Rev 22:8 And I John saw these things, and heard them. And when I had heard and seen, I fell down to worship before the feet of the angel who showed me these things.

Rev 22:9 Then he said unto me, See you do it not: for I am your fellow servant, and of your brethren the prophets, and of them who keep the words of this book: worship God.

Two times this John person fell to his knees and started worshipping the angels….

He also fell to knees with the person like unto the Son of man…not the Son of man..but one like unto…Rev 1:17

we have one like unto the Son of man…and he looks like this…

Rev 1:12 And I turned to see the voice that spoke with me. And being turned, I saw seven golden lampstands;

Rev 1:13 And in the midst of the seven lampstands one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girded about the breast with a golden belt.

Rev 1:14 His head and his hair were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire;

Rev 1:15 And his feet like unto fine bronze, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters.

And you have this Lamb…with the 7 eyes and 7 horns…

????????

Tis quite confusing…better yet…who are these people or things?

Remember…what Jesus said…

Mat 24:4 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.
    Mat 24:5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

life_of_praise
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Oct. 02 2006,21:41)
    Hi lop,
    You say
    “Now, many say that this John is the same as the John who wrote the Gospel. Well…if that was the case, then John would know who Jesus is.

Rev 1:13  And in the midst of the seven lampstands one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girded about the breast with a golden belt. “

This is Jesus, the man from heaven in his new heavenly body, not the battered and torn weak one of flesh that John knew him in.

Nick…that description was poorly taken from Daniel.

Dan 7:9 I beheld till the thrones were set in place, and the Ancient of days did sit, whose garment was white as snow, and the hair of his head like the pure wool: his throne was like the fiery flame, and its wheels as burning fire.

Dan 7:10 A fiery stream issued and came forth from before him: thousand thousands ministered unto him, and ten thousand times ten thousand stood before him: the judgment was set, and the books were opened.

Dan 7:11 I beheld then because of the voice of the great words which the horn spoke: I beheld even till the beast was slain, and his body destroyed, and given to the burning flame.

Dan 7:12 As concerning the rest of the beasts, they had their dominion taken away: yet their lives were prolonged for a season and time.

Dan 7:13 I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him.

Again…already prophesized. God gave it to Daniel.

life_of_praise
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Oct. 02 2006,21:45)
    Hi lop,
    You say
    “Rev 5:6  And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four living creatures, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as though it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth.”

This shows that the Spirit of Christ derives totally from and through Christ now unto his body on earth expressed to the seven churches and their angels.

Nick, you're about as sweet as can be…don't worry, I am a female..lololol…but no.

This was about a book and who is worthy to open the book.

And this Lamb was able too. Whatever this Lamb is with the many eyes and horns.

Again..you have this Lamb…and you have another like unto the Son of man.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi lop,
    Do you not recognise the Son of God? If you are in him you can be allowed to understand that book which he opens for you.

life_of_praise
    Participant

Did Jesus ever say that He would kill anyones children?

Jesus never talked like that…ever.

Revelations never mentions the Holy Spirit…not one time.

It says Spirit…but never the Holy Spirit.

The end times was already prophesized. Jesus quoted from Daniel…not Revelations.

Daniel 12

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi lop,
    Learn from the book. Do not reject it or judge it. It too is truth.

david
    Participant

Hi Lop.

First, I'd like to say that I'm sorry that your Nickname will be Lop. It's just easier to write. Lop.

Also, you write:

Also, In Daniel, God said the Books were sealed. So why are the books open. God is not a liar.

DANIEL 12:9-10
    “And he went on to say: “Go, Daniel, because the words are made secret and sealed up until the time of [the] end. Many will cleanse themselves and whiten themselves and will be refined. And the wicked ones will certainly act wickedly, and no wicked ones at all will understand; but the ones having insight will understand.”

So, these words of Daniels would not be understood until the time of the end, or the “last days” as Paul called it, or the “conclusion of the system of things [world]” as Jesus called it.

All that is in Revelations has already been prophesized by Daniel, Ezekiel, Zechariah.

There is definitely some overlap.

Also, Jesus never said He would kill anyone children.

Rev 2:23 And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he who searches the minds and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works.

Jesus never talked like that. Never.

Referring to “that woman Jezebel,” Jesus says:
    “And her children I will kill with deadly plague, so that all the congregations will know that I am he who searches the kidneys and hearts, and I will give to you individually according to your deeds.” (Revelation 2:23
    This symbolic book of Revelation is not speaking of literal children here. It's speaking of “Jezebel's” children, those who follow her ways.
    Jesus has allowed Jezebel and her children time to repent, but they persist in their immoral ways and hence must receive judgment. There is a powerful message here for Christians today. Those who imitate Jezebel, whether men or women, and thus become her children by violating Bible principles on headship and morality or by being headstrong so as to ignore theocratic order, are spiritually in a dangerously sick condition.

Now, many say that this John is the same as the John who wrote the Gospel. Well…if that was the case, then John would know who Jesus is.

Does he not know who Jesus is? He should. Now, in the Old Testament it is understandable for the prophets to say “like unto the Son of man”. They never seen Christ. But John did.

Lop, he's referred to as the “son of man” quite a bit in the Greek scriptures (NT) as well, probably 80 or 90 times. In the book of John, John calls him the Son of man 13 times. It's one of Jesus descriptive titles.

Another thing, in Revelations who is the Lamb? It never says Lamb of God…but just Lamb. And look how this lamb is described…

Rev 5:6 And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four living creatures, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as though it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth.

Jesus does not have seven eyes and/or seven horns.

And what are the 7 spirits of God?

Is it somehow belittling or undignified to represent the glorified Jesus as “a lamb as though it had been slaughtered”? Not at all! The fact that Jesus stayed faithful to the death was a major defeat for Satan and a great triumph for Jehovah God. Representing Jesus in this way vividly portrays his conquest of Satan’s world and is a reminder of the deep love that Jehovah and Jesus have for mankind. (John 3:16; 15:13; compare Colossians 2:15.) Jesus is thus pointed to as the promised Seed, outstandingly qualified to open the scroll.—Genesis 3:15.

12 What else adds to our appreciation of this “lamb”? He has seven horns. Horns in the Bible are often a symbol of power or authority, and seven would indicate completeness. (Compare 1 Samuel 2:1, 10; Psalm 112:9; 148:14.) Hence, the Lamb’s seven horns represent the fullness of power that Jehovah has entrusted to Jesus. He is “far above every government and authority and power and lordship and every name named, not only in this system of things, but also in that to come.” (Ephesians 1:20-23; 1 Peter 3:22) Jesus has particularly exercised power, governmental power, since 1914 when Jehovah enthroned him as heavenly King.—Psalm 2:6.

13 Moreover, Jesus is filled to completeness with holy spirit, as pictured by the Lamb’s seven eyes, which “mean the seven spirits of God.” Jesus is a channel through whom the fullness of Jehovah’s active force flows to His earthly servants. (Titus 3:6) Evidently, it is by this same spirit that he sees from heaven what is happening here on earth. Like his Father, Jesus has perfect discernment. Nothing escapes his notice. (Compare Psalm 11:4; Zechariah 4:10.)

Another thing, why is it that Christians bypass or say the book of revelations doesn't make sense…confusing.

God is not the author of confusion.

Right, and there is a scripture that says he is not a God of confusion.
    REVELATION 1:1
    “A revelation by Jesus Christ, which God gave him, to show his slaves the things that must shortly take place. And he sent forth his angel and presented [it] in signs through him to his slave John,”

Notice that Revelation was presented in signs “to show his slaves” (and not the world in general) what would take place.
    The truth is, many people let themselves be blinded by Satan, the god of this system of things (2 cor 4:4) So, there's mass confusion, as satan wants.

david

life_of_praise
    Participant

Daniel, Ezekiel and Zechariah.

Revelation was created from those books.

Books that were from these Prophets…and the prophecies given to them by God.

Early Christians rejected Revelations…I see why…and they were wise to do so.

david
    Participant

What do you base these beliefs on?

NickHassan
    Participant

hi david,
    You say
    “Jesus has particularly exercised power, governmental power, since 1914 when Jehovah enthroned him as heavenly King.—”
    ummm
    Where?
    Does this come from the bible or man?

You do need to be careful who you equate with Jesus as a teacher for as Paul said
    in 1 Cor 15
    “1 Corinthians 15:33
    Do not be deceived: “Bad company corrupts good morals.”

We follow the Master and not men and their fanciful ideas.

david
    Participant

Lop, you have a few times stated this:

The end times was already prophesized. Jesus quoted from Daniel…not Revelations.

Daniel 12

It's not speaking of killing children, but of killing jezebel's children, people who followed Jezebells ways.
    I believe there are about 20 Bible books that don't specifically use the expression: “holy spirit.” This does not in itself mean that all those books are not inspired of God.
    Yes, the end times were already prophesied. Jesus quoted from Daniel. The Greek scriptures in general quote from the Hebrew scriptures. Revelation has references from the Hebrew Scriptures.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (life_of_praise @ Oct. 02 2006,23:24)

hmm.
    Are there any other books we should dispose of while we at it?

life_of_praise
    Participant

Quote (david @ Oct. 02 2006,23:19)
    Hi Lop.

First, I'd like to say that I'm sorry that your Nickname will be Lop.  It's just easier to write.  Lop.  

Also, you write:

Also, In Daniel, God said the Books were sealed.  So why are the books open. God is not a liar.

DANIEL 12:9-10
    “And he went on to say: “Go, Daniel, because the words are made secret and sealed up until the time of [the] end. Many will cleanse themselves and whiten themselves and will be refined. And the wicked ones will certainly act wickedly, and no wicked ones at all will understand; but the ones having insight will understand.”

So, these words of Daniels would not be understood until the time of the end, or the “last days” as Paul called it, or the “conclusion of the system of things [world]” as Jesus called it.

All that is in Revelations has already been prophesized by Daniel, Ezekiel, Zechariah.  

There is definitely some overlap.

Also, Jesus never said He would kill anyone children.

Rev 2:23  And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he who searches the minds and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works.

Jesus never talked like that. Never.

Referring to “that woman Jezebel,” Jesus says:
    “And her children I will kill with deadly plague, so that all the congregations will know that I am he who searches the kidneys and hearts, and I will give to you individually according to your deeds.” (Revelation 2:23
    This symbolic book of Revelation is not speaking of literal children here.  It's speaking of “Jezebel's” children, those who follow her ways.
    Jesus has allowed Jezebel and her children time to repent, but they persist in their immoral ways and hence must receive judgment. There is a powerful message here for Christians today. Those who imitate Jezebel, whether men or women, and thus become her children by violating Bible principles on headship and morality or by being headstrong so as to ignore theocratic order, are spiritually in a dangerously sick condition.

Now, many say that this John is the same as the John who wrote the Gospel. Well…if that was the case, then John would know who Jesus is.

Rev 1:13  And in the midst of the seven lampstands one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girded about the breast with a golden belt.

Does he not know who Jesus is? He should. Now, in the Old Testament it is understandable for the prophets to say “like unto the Son of man”. They never seen Christ. But John did.

Lop, he's referred to as the “son of man” quite a bit in the Greek scriptures (NT) as well, probably 80 or 90 times.  In the book of John, John calls him the Son of man 13 times.  It's one of Jesus descriptive titles.

Another thing, in Revelations who is the Lamb? It never says Lamb of God…but just Lamb. And look how this lamb is described…

Rev 5:6  And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four living creatures, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as though it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth.

Jesus does not have seven eyes and/or seven horns.

And what are the 7 spirits of God?

Is it somehow belittling or undignified to represent the glorified Jesus as “a lamb as though it had been slaughtered”? Not at all! The fact that Jesus stayed faithful to the death was a major defeat for Satan and a great triumph for Jehovah God. Representing Jesus in this way vividly portrays his conquest of Satan’s world and is a reminder of the deep love that Jehovah and Jesus have for mankind. (John 3:16; 15:13; compare Colossians 2:15.) Jesus is thus pointed to as the promised Seed, outstandingly qualified to open the scroll.—Genesis 3:15.

12 What else adds to our appreciation of this “lamb”? He has seven horns. Horns in the Bible are often a symbol of power or authority, and seven would indicate completeness. (Compare 1 Samuel 2:1, 10; Psalm 112:9; 148:14.) Hence, the Lamb’s seven horns represent the fullness of power that Jehovah has entrusted to Jesus. He is “far above every government and authority and power and lordship and every name named, not only in this system of things, but also in that to come.” (Ephesians 1:20-23; 1 Peter 3:22) Jesus has particularly exercised power, governmental power, since 1914 when Jehovah enthroned him as heavenly King.—Psalm 2:6.

13 Moreover, Jesus is filled to completeness with holy spirit, as pictured by the Lamb’s seven eyes, which “mean the seven spirits of God.” Jesus is a channel through whom the fullness of Jehovah’s active force flows to His earthly servants. (Titus 3:6) Evidently, it is by this same spirit that he sees from heaven what is happening here on earth. Like his Father, Jesus has perfect discernment. Nothing escapes his notice. (Compare Psalm 11:4; Zechariah 4:10.)

Another thing, why is it that Christians bypass or say the book of revelations doesn't make sense…confusing.

God is not the author of confusion.

Right, and there is a scripture that says he is not a God of confusion.
    REVELATION 1:1
    “A revelation by Jesus Christ, which God gave him, to show his slaves the things that must shortly take place. And he sent forth his angel and presented [it] in signs through him to his slave John,”

Notice that Revelation was presented in signs “to show his slaves” (and not the world in general) what would take place.
    The truth is, many people let themselves be blinded by Satan, the god of this system of things (2 cor 4:4)  So, there's mass confusion, as satan wants.

david

Lop is cool. 🙂

Rev 1:1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to show unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and revealed it by his angel unto his servant John:

Jesus told us what to expect in the end in Matthew. He already covered and didn't use symbols.

John the Divine refers to himself in third person.

When prophecies were given…they were always explained.

What Revelations does is prophesize what has already been prophesized…but poorly and in a confusing, confusing manner.

David…I know Jesus is referred to as the Son of Man…

This person…John the Divine say “like unto
    the Son of man”

It's either the Son of man or it's not. Which is it?

And remember, if this is the actual John…he would know

Nowhere in the Bible…except Revelations…is the 7 spirits of God ever mentioned.

What are the 7 Spirits?

life_of_praise
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Oct. 02 2006,23:45)

Quote (life_of_praise @ Oct. 02 2006,23:24)

hmm.
    Are there any other books we should dispose of while we at it?

Revelations will do.

Prophets in the OT and Jesus already covered the end of times.

life_of_praise
    Participant

Quote (david @ Oct. 02 2006,23:33)
    Lop, you have a few times stated this:

Daniel 12

It's not speaking of killing children, but of killing jezebel's children, people who followed Jezebells ways.
    I believe there are about 20 Bible books that don't specifically use the expression: “holy spirit.”  This does not in itself mean that all those books are not inspired of God.
    Yes, the end times were already prophesied.  Jesus quoted from Daniel.  The Greek scriptures in general quote from the Hebrew scriptures.  Revelation has references from the Hebrew Scriptures.

Of course it has references…the writer poorly copied Daniel, Ezekiel and Zechariah.

The point I'm making is that Jesus never talked like that…except in Revelations..and doesn't know who the Son of man is.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 71 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account