Biblical unitarianism

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 161 through 170 (of 170 total)
  • Author
    kerwin
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Mar. 02 2012,07:23)

Quote (kerwin @ Mar. 02 2012,18:27)

Quote (terraricca @ Mar. 02 2012,04:50)

Quote (kerwin @ Mar. 02 2012,16:46)

Quote (terraricca @ Mar. 02 2012,03:40)

Quote (kerwin @ Mar. 02 2012,15:35)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 29 2012,23:22)
    Hi,
    Is it the Unitarians who say that the WORD is just a PLAN?

Nick,

I do not dispute that interpretation as Scripture attests the plan of Anointed was from the beginning of the World.  

Scriptural passages can have more than one true interpretation.

Kerwin

Scriptural passages can have more than one true interpretation.

like what ???? example

Pierre,

Hosea 11
    God’s Love for Israel
    1 “When Israel was a child, I loved him,
      and out of Egypt I called my son.

Kerwin

show me what many true interpretation we can give to this verse ??

Pierre,

Hosea 11

New International Version (NIV)
    Hosea 11
    God’s Love for Israel
    1 “When Israel was a child, I loved him,
      and out of Egypt I called my son.
    2 But the more they were called,
      the more they went away from me.[a]
    They sacrificed to the Baals
      and they burned incense to images.

Who is this passage speaking of?

Kerwin

A) it talkes about Israel at the time of Moses were God took them out of Egypt

B) it talks about Jesus in a prophetic way ;Mt 2:19 After Herod died, an angel of the Lord appeared in a dream to Joseph in Egypt
    Mt 2:20 and said, “Get up, take the child and his mother and go to the land of Israel, for those who were trying to take the child’s life are dead.”
    Mt 2:21 So he got up, took the child and his mother and went to the land of Israel

Pierre,

As you say there are two true interpretations of the words of that passage of Scripture.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Barley,
    You said.
    “Everyone who does Romans 10:9-10 receives that gift of salvation/righteousness/eternal life/holy spirit/incorruptible seed”

The book of Romans was to the SAVED from Jewish stock.
    Rom 10 explains to them how to WALK in faith and not HOW TO BE saved.
    Sadly this wrong application of verses as a new and false gospel has trapped many in a delusion

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    Water baptism in the name of Jesus Christ in response to repentance is the new circumcision.[Col 2.11-12]
    Men state it is no longer necessary.

Try explaining to a Jew how circumcision was not necessary

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 15 2012,00:36)
    Hi KW,
    Water baptism in the name of Jesus Christ in response to repentance is the new circumcision.[Col 2.11-12]
    Men state it is no longer necessary.

Try explaining to a Jew how circumcision was not necessary

Nick,

Those that repent and are immersed in water by the authority of King Jesus receive the gift of the spirit of righteousness.  That is their circumcision if they live by it.

Even today a knowledgeable Jew would agree with all of that but Jesus being King.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    Circumcision is permanent.

Jesus Christ will not reject the lazy and the faithless but only those who cast him aside.[2tim 2.13]

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (barley @ Mar. 02 2012,02:58)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 08 2005,09:05)
    Hi,
    Ramblinrose has posted a link to this site in the trinity forum
    http://www.biblicalunitarian.com/modules….sid=109

It is interesting in it's views on the “Holy Spirit”[=God to them} and “gift of holy spirit”
    Also Jesus as having no human derivation being a genetically perfect recreation. This makes Mary a surrogate mother only and makes Jesus not the son of David.
    I would be interested in the views of others.

God is the Holy Spirit.

God is holy

God is spirit.

God is the Holy Spirit.  

God gave to us of His spirit, I John 4:13  

“Hereby know we that we dwell in him, and he in us, because he hath given us of his Spirit.”

It was given as a gift.

Acts 11:17

“Forasmuch then as God gave them the like gift as he did unto us, who believed on the Lord Jesus Christ; what was I, that I could withstand God?”

referring to Acts 1:8,2:4,38

“But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth. “

“And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.”

“Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.”

Everyone who does Romans 10:9-10 receives that gift of salvation/righteousness/eternal life/holy spirit/incorruptible seed.

Mary was not a surrogate mother, if that is what the article actually implies.

She contributed the egg which was fertilized by the soul life that God created in Mary, as in a sperm cell with perfect and dominant genetics.

Thus since the source of the male seed was God, by his creating it in Mary and the source of the egg was Mary, who is of the line of David, the legal requirements for Jesus Christ's access to the throne of David are met.

barley

Hi Barley,

Excellent Post. However, I doubt that sperm was used.
    The only thing that was needed was the Y chromosome.

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (barley @ Mar. 02 2012,04:51)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 01 2012,04:22)
    Hi,
    Is it the Unitarians who say that the WORD is just a PLAN?

Logos meaning in its literal sense a communication or message or the thoughts behind the words used is definitely part of what John 1 speaks of.

Certainly God's thoughts, what his intent to communicate to man was with him even in the beginning.  Those thoughts of God included the plan of redemption. So in a sense, logos is plan, but that for me is a little too specific.  Certainly God's instruction for man's salvation is what the scriptures is about.

What He had planned to have written in scripture was as much a part of God's thoughts in the beginning as the need for man's redemption.

Without scripture, we have no certain word of God. All men have access to know that God exists.  That is plain to know by just living.

But specific details of truth written down for our benefit is scripture, namely, the word of God.  

The word, the words of God is a much God as God is God.  Out His heart His mouth speaks.  

barley.

Hi Barley,

Excellent Post Brother!

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

shem4name
    Participant

Oh blub

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (shem4name @ April 19 2012,06:55)
    Oh blub

Oh blub?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    From the BU site.

“We believe that Jesus is “the Last Adam.” He achieved behavioral perfection by continually choosing to subject his will to God, his father, all the way to his last breath on the Cross (1 Cor. 15:45; Heb. 5:7).

We believe that in his earthly ministry Jesus was granted all authority on earth by God to teach, heal, raise the dead, forgive sins, and act on behalf of his Father, whom he represented (Acts 2:22, John 3:34, Heb. 1:3).

No mention of his ENABLEMENT BY THE SPIRIT

Viewing 10 posts - 161 through 170 (of 170 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account