Biblical unitarianism

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 170 total)
  • Author
    david
    Participant

Of the Pharisees Jesus states: “Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh of a lie he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it”.

And so obviously, Jesus was not saying that the Kingdom of God was within them, but that it was in their midst.

Yes 94. It is obvious. But, not so obvious to some on this thread, as I've had conversations with people about this before.

My point, is that the kingdom of God is a real government.

DANIEL 2:44
    ““And in the days of those kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that will never be brought to ruin. And the kingdom itself will not be passed on to any other people. It will crush and put an end to all these kingdoms, and it itself will stand to times indefinite;”

Adam Pastor
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 15 2007,18:01)
    Hi,
    This type of religious belief has again surfaced through Adam Pastor.
    According to them man is two dimensional-body and spirit. Thus soul is non existent and places such as sheol and Hades are regarded as just another word for death. Spirit beings are just amorphous spirit yet Christ and God are said to have “form” as shown for example in Phil 2.

But God has a Soul.[Ps 11] and Jesus described Hades and the bosom of Abraham in Lk 16 while the bible is full of references to Sheol, in the psalms, proverbs, Exekiel and then of course there was the group in Moses day that God took to Sheol alive for opposing Him.

I can only speak for myself …

I do not believe that man is two-dimensional …

You, Me … we are souls.

Person = Soul
    e.g. 8 souls = 8 persons 1 Pet 3.20
    3000 souls = 3000 persons Acts 2.41

GOD breathed into the lifeless body of Adam and Adam became a living soul.  Gen 2.7

Soul is also used as a synonym of one's life & one's personality.

To lose one's soul therefore is to lose one's life.
    My soul is happy is synonymous as describing that one is happy, etc.
    My soul is disquieted means I am unhappy [Psa 42.5-6], etc

So we are all souls because we are persons.
    We all have souls because we have life.
    When we die we become dead souls

Hope I have clarified myself …

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi AP,

Psalm 35:3
    Draw out also the spear, and stop the way against them that persecute me: say unto my soul, I am thy salvation.

Psalm 35:9
    And my soul shall be joyful in the LORD: it shall rejoice in his salvation.

Psalm 62:1
    Truly my soul waiteth upon God: from him cometh my salvation.

Psalm 119:81
    My soul fainteth for thy salvation: but I hope in thy word.

Isaiah 61:10
    I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for he hath clothed me with the garments of salvation, he hath covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decketh himself with ornaments, and as a bride adorneth herself with her jewels.

1 Peter 1:9
    Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls.

Salvation is of the soul.

chicano4571
    Participant

1 corinthians 2:11 For who among men knows the THOUGHTS of a man except the

[Spirit of the man that is in him} . So also the thoughts of God no one has known except the Spirit of God.
    luke 8:55 And {Her Spirit} returned and she rose up immediately. And He {Jesus}directed that she be given food to eat.

NickHassan
    Participant

thanks

NickHassan
    Participant

topical

NickHassan
    Participant

Light reading for not3

Cult Buster
    Participant

Nick Hassen

Hi,
    Biblical unitarianism teaches that
    Mary was a virgin.
    God was the true Father of Jesus.
    Jesus was a new creation in Mary.

There is no such thing as Biblical unitarianism. Arianism is not Biblical.

Arian doctrine has really a lot in common with the Catholic trinity. The catholic trinity is completely different to the trinity beliefs of the rest of Christianity.

The Catholic church teaches that in the beginning there was only god the father. They teach that the father “knew himself” (that is copulated with himself) and the son came into existence. They teach that then out of both the father and son came the holy ghost. (I don't like writing about this but unfortunately it is true and we need to know).

Looking at this catholic model of “trinity” , there really is only god the father, because the others came into existence out of him.

Sounds familiar?

So the Arians and the Catholics are really spiritual relatives, because both their belief systems come from the “originally there was only god the father” belief. They both blaspheme the Bible Godhead by denying its very existence.

Rev 17:5 And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.

The Catholic church is the mother of abominations. Arianism is an abomination and is related to Catholic doctrine. It is blasphemy.

The Bible truth is that there is a Godhead with three divine eternal Persons, each fully God in His own right.

Mat 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CB,
    Thanks.
    But what on earth gives you your bizarre doctrines?

NickHassan
    Participant

For not3.
    Link to the BU site
    http://www.biblicalunitarian.com/html/index.php

You will see they do not believe in the trinity you were baptised in the name of.

They also believe the “gift of holy spirit” is received automatically – against the scriptures in my opinion.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,
    The BU faith is that man is only body/spirit and that Christ is just a man and that his beginnings are not from everlasting.

Not3in1
    Participant

Nick wrote:
    Hi,
    Biblical unitarianism teaches that
    Mary was a virgin.
    God was the true Father of Jesus.
    Jesus was a new creation in Mary.

Thus according to them;

Mary was only a surrogate mother and
    Jesus was not of the dust and
    Unlike to us and
    Unlike to God.
    Well, you got the first part right – but not the second part.

The BU folks were the first ones I identified with after I looked up from the bible (3 years after I denounced the Trinity). I still think that the truthortradition.com site has a lot of good things to offer. Some of their research is awesome! I don't agree with it all, of course, but I think they have a lot of good points. I get their monthly tapes and enjoy them very much. I always go to the bible and check out everything to see if it's there or not.

I also enjoy Anthony Buzzard's teachings.

However, I came to a lot of the beliefs that I hold today before I read anything from anyone.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,
    I said,
    “Mary was only a surrogate mother and
    Jesus was not of the dust and
    Unlike to us and
    Unlike to God.”

But you said I was wrong without telling me why.

If Christ was a new creation IN Mary and not OF Mary then he is not of the dust derivation of the flesh of Adam as we are, and thus was not son of Man.
    Thus he was not like to us.
    We know we are made in the image of God as inner man but if Christ is different what of Christ as man?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,
    We get quite a lot of BU devotees here.
    Anthony Buzzard is quoted extensively.
    Ramblinrose, WIT, Adam Pastor seem to ascribe to their beliefs.
    I do admire their straightforward understanding of Jesus the Man.

Not3in1
    Participant

Hi Nick,

To be perfectly honest with you, Nick, I'm not sure “what” I am. Ha! Possibly, that is why I am here. To really get into “check” what my beliefs are. By refuting what I think is false, I just might be taught that I am in error? By listening to others and looking up scripture. By see another's views and applying them to what I already believe – I just may figure out what, exactly, I believe. So, I'm very glad to be here (most of the time – ha). Even when WJ is hammering me and being mean! :)

As you know, I believe that Jesus is the literal Son of God, and Mary. Jesus was certainly a “new creation” as you put it, inside of Mary; for who else has been born literally of God, and that of a virgin? The answer is no one. But, I believe the point God was trying to make was that Jesus was just like any other baby boy. And we should look at him this way. If he didn't want us to look at him this way, he would have done it differently, possibly.

Even if Jesus as a new creation IN Mary, and so then not OF Mary – Jesus still had half of Mary's genes. We simply cannot forget this!! Otherwise, Jesus becomes an incarnation. And if Jesus is 50% of Mary, then he is MAN (born flesh, born under law).

But this is intersting to me, let's take this a bit further with your understanding of the spiritual Jesus living before he was born of Mary. Now, when God's holy Spirit overshawdowed Mary and Mary conceived – was it the seed of God as in a normal birth, or was it the pre-existing spirit person of Jesus that was transported into the womb of Mary ***** and then ***** united with the 50% of Mary and became: spirit person + Mary = a different spirit person? Follow me?

God/God = God God/Mary = divine man (Your theory) God and spiritual person/Mary = WHAT?

Am I totally off base here? I really am trying to understand and grasp what you believe. Thanks, Nick.

Not3in1
    Participant

Oh! I reread your post: You DO believe that Mary didn't contribute to the person who is Jesus. Wow……she is only a surrogate. That is so sad to me. I think it would be sad to Jesus too. He probably had her eyes, or her sense of humor :)

Not3in1
    Participant

By making Mary a surrogate Mother – you are saying you believe in incarnation. I do not believe the bible teaches incarnation ANYWHERE. I believe we will have to agree to disagree here.

NickHassan
    Participant

topical

Unisage
    Participant

Nick

What is your thought on the Virgin Birth? Be honest…

It wont effect your salvation either way.I just wondering?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi u,
    See the thread.

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 170 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account