Bible

Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 900 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KJ,
    Every man is weak and can fall no matter how strong he may imagine he is but we are to hold on to truth. Pride leads to a fall so none can boast.

2 Corinthians 1:24
    Not that we lord it over your faith, but are workers with you for your joy; for in your faith you are standing firm.

Galatians 5:1
    It was for freedom that Christ set us free; therefore keep standing firm and do not be subject again to a yoke of slavery.

Philippians 1:27
    Only conduct yourselves in a manner worthy of the gospel of Christ, so that whether I come and see you or remain absent, I will hear of you that you are standing firm in one spirit, with one mind striving together for the faith of the gospel;

kejonn
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 18 2008,16:44)
    Hi KJ,
    Every man is weak and can fall no matter how strong he may imagine he is but we are to hold on to truth. Pride leads to a fall so none can boast.

Not that we lord it over your faith, but are workers with you for your joy; for in your faith you are standing firm.

It was for freedom that Christ set us free; therefore keep standing firm and do not be subject again to a yoke of slavery.

Only conduct yourselves in a manner worthy of the gospel of Christ, so that whether I come and see you or remain absent, I will hear of you that you are standing firm in one spirit, with one mind striving together for the faith of the gospel;

Yet you will still not admit that your truth is different from the next person's truth, both using the same source. Whose truth is the true truth?

kejonn
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 18 2008,16:27)

Quote (kejonn @ Feb. 19 2008,08:50)
    What is the foundation Nick? I can guarantee that your view of that foundation is different than the view of the next person.

Hi KJ,
    The cornerstone of Jesus must be laid on the foundation rock of scripture.

Mt21
    42Jesus saith unto them, Did ye never read in the scriptures, The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner: this is the Lord's doing, and it is marvellous in our eyes?

43Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof.

44And whosoever shall fall on this stone shall be broken: but on whomsoever it shall fall, it will grind him to powder.

Mt7
    24Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:

25And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.

26And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:

27And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.

I'm sorry, but scripture is not rock, it is paper and written by man. I know you want to belief differently, but for my own personal faith, I don't have to believe that another human's words accurately describes God fully.

Quote (kejonn @ Feb. 19 2008,10:31)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 18 2008,16:44)
    Hi KJ,

Yet you will still not admit that your truth is different from the next person's truth, both using the same source. Whose truth is the true truth?

I want to say that at this time not all will have all of the truth. We all grow in different stages. But one day the truth will cover the earth like water covers the sea.

Peace and Love Mrs.

kejonn
    Participant

Mrs,
    What happens if God comes and says we were ALL wrong to some extent, and got some of it right. Will He then proceed to cast all of humanity into hell?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KJ,
    You are cast about in a storm with no anchor for your soul.

Hebrews 6:19
    Which hope we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and stedfast, and which entereth into that within the veil;

Quote (kejonn @ Feb. 19 2008,12:15)
    Mrs,
    What happens if God comes and says we were ALL wrong to some extent, and got some of it right. Will He then proceed to cast all of humanity into hell?

Kejonn First of all there is no Hell as you might see it. Hell is the grave. In the Millenium Satan will be chained, then all will have the choice to believe Christ and the elect that will rule with Christ. After that Satan will be loosed and all will be tested and many will go to the Lake of Fire with Satan.

Peace and Love Mrs.

P.S. End of Story for me with you.

kejonn
    Participant

That is your opinion and not based in anything but. You feel safer placing your trust in a book while I do not. That is the fallacy of all human religions: they see their way as THE way to God. Again, a human trait called selfishness.

kejonn
    Participant

Quote (seek and you will find @ Feb. 18 2008,19:40)

Quote (kejonn @ Feb. 19 2008,12:15)
    Mrs,

Kejonn First of all there is no Hell as you might see it. Hell is the grave. In the Millenium Satan will be chained, then all will have the choice to believe Christ and the elect that will rule with Christ. After that Satan will be loosed and all will be tested and many will go to the Lake of Fire with Satan.

Peace and Love Mrs.

P.S. End of Story for me with you.

This is superstition based on religions that preceded Christianity. It has no basis in the OT which Christianity was supposed to be an extension of.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KJ,
    So trusting God is selfishness?
    hmmm

kejonn
    Participant

No Nick, you do not trust in God. Rather you trust in a book written about a certain handful of people's idea about God. Your God is in B&W, my God is all the colors of the universe because it is He who is found throughout. We can pick up some clues about Him through religious texts, but not all. And we will not know all about Him in this lifetime anyway.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KJ,
    Have you cast off from truth then into the sea of fantasy?
    No anchor so hope the winds are not too strong..

kejonn
    Participant

Why is what you call truth any more valid than what a Muslim views as truth? Or a Mormon? Or any other religious adherent? Truth in faith is highly subjective and not the monopoly of any certain people.

Your view of God: He created the whole universe but only decided to reveal Himself through a tribe of people and then through a handful of people but with a different view of Himself.

My view of God: He created the whole universe, but being that Creator, He also reveals Himself to all mankind. In our limited way, we see much of Him that is the same but also much that is different because we cannot wholly fathom Him. Thus much of our view of Him is biased by our cultural and societal differences.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KJ,
    Pilate would thoroughly agree with you.

kejonn
    Participant

Perhaps, but he is dead so we can't know for sure. Why look to the dead?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KJ,
    Well you are your only reference point for yourself at the moment.
    Is that selfish?

kejonn
    Participant

No because I have to be true to myself.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KJ,
    Is that all truth is to you?
    Sounds self centred and the ways of God are bigger.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (kejonn @ Feb. 19 2008,13:14)
    Why is what you call truth any more valid than what a Muslim views as truth? Or a Mormon? Or any other religious adherent? Truth in faith is highly subjective and not the monopoly of any certain people.

Your view of God: He created the whole universe but only decided to reveal Himself through a tribe of people and then through a handful of people but with a different view of Himself.

My view of God: He created the whole universe, but being that Creator, He also reveals Himself to all mankind. In our limited way, we see much of Him that is the same but also much that is different because we cannot wholly fathom Him. Thus much of our view of Him is biased by our cultural and societal differences.

Hi KJ,
    One of the gifts of the Spirit of God that will help you decide if other religions serve our God or not is that of the
    “Discernment of Spirits.”

1Cor 12
    8For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;

9To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;

10To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:

11But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.

Jesus constantly used this gift to recognise demonic forces and free those who suffered their attacks. Peter too used it with Simon Magus. John too warned about them in his first letter.

It is essential to be able to avoid the confusion that false and deceptive religious spirits can cause among men.

kejonn
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 19 2008,00:35)
    Hi KJ,
    Is that all truth is to you?
    Sounds self centred and the ways of God are bigger.

In the end who must find joy in my faith? You got it.

In any case, the Christian view of God is but one of many. Thus I agree that the ways of God are bigger. You think God is only for those who believe a certain way. You thus try to limit God.

Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 900 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account