Bible

Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 900 total)
  • Author
    TimothyVI
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ Feb. 16 2008,19:44)
    We are told that knowing God and his Son are pre-req's to eternal life in John 17:3.

How are we to know a “mystery”?

Actually we are told that knowing God and his Son
    is the definition of eternal life, what eternal life means.
    Obviously eternal life means something different than
    we may think.

Question, what is life eternal?

John 17:3
    And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

Tim

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Tim4,
    Another mystery.
    Eph5
    20Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ;

21Submitting yourselves one to another in the fear of God.

22Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.

23For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.

24Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.

25Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

26That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,

27That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.

28So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself.

29For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church:

30For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.

31For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.

32This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.

33Nevertheless let every one of you in particular so love his wife even as himself; and the wife see that she reverence her husband.

Unity in Spirit and by faith and by order of submission.

Stu
    Participant

Nick would you live by this misogynistic manifesto?

Isn't submission the basic principle, indeed literal translation, of Islam?

Stuart

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Stu,
    To whom else could we go?
    Christ has the words of eternal life.
    Why not go sell your sad philosophy to them?

Mr. Steve
    Participant

Nick,

Do you know that the word “mystery” was not used until the book of Daniel? And it is only used in that OT book. So it seems God was not into being mysterious to the Jews, yet Paul would have us think this.

Kejonn;

Just because the word “mystery” does not appear in the Old Testament does not mean there were no mysteries. Moses said the secret things belong unto the Lord our God but the things that are revealed to us belong to us and our children. He also said that it is the glory of God to conceal a thing but the honor of kings is to search out a matter. So the principle of mysteries has always been there.

kejonn
    Participant

Scriptural references?

Mr. Steve
    Participant

Deuteronomy 29:29
    Proverbs 25:2

kejonn
    Participant

Deu 29:29 “The secret things belong to the LORD our God, but the things that are revealed belong to us and to our children forever, that we may do all the words of this law.

Yet, what are the secret things? Did He not promise a coming king who would deliver His people as ever before? That is what they looked for and there is no clue in the OT that they should have expected anyone different. Yet Jesus was not what was promised. Thus are we to then believe that Jesus was a secret? Why would God treat His chosen people in this manner?

Pro 25:2 It is the glory of God to conceal a matter, But the glory of kings is to search out a matter.

It seems that while God may conceal, it also says that we may search out things.

Amo 3:7 Surely the Lord GOD does nothing Unless He reveals His secret counsel To His servants the prophets.

Why did none of his prophets know of Jesus?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KJ,

Would you need to put your hand in his side?
    If faith does not satisfy reason is it not faith?

1 Corinthians 1:22
    For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom:

Either way even for greeks the way is written.
    Acts 20:21
    Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ.

kejonn
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 18 2008,15:15)
    Hi KJ,

Would you need to put your hand in his side?
    If faith does not satisfy reason is it not faith?

1 Corinthians 1:22
    For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom:

Either way even for greeks the way is written.
    Acts 20:21
    Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ.

Those are the words of a man who is looking to sidestep the answers. Also, Thomas did not believe UNTIL he saw Jesus, and he had supposedly witnessed many miracles. We only read about them and see none.

Seriously, why were the miracles even performed if Jesus said he was not going to give any signs? Yet it appears he did give signs according to the NT.

Mr. Steve
    Participant

Kejonn;

Something has occurred in your life that has you discouraged. I'll pray that God's grace will be multiplied to you at this time. I'm sorry for your apparent plight of faith in God.

Steven

kejonn
    Participant

I'm not discouraged, not anymore. I was discouraged inside of diehard Christian faith more than I am now. Perhaps it is the result of the intolerant Christians I knew that were less caring than non-Christians, or perhaps something else.

I just came to the realization that Christianity is just another view of God and that most Christians are intolerant people. They think they are right while others are wrong. But it does not stop there: there are those withing Christianity who believe their certain beliefs are the true way. Baptists think they are the true way, Catholics think they are the true way, JWs think the same. Everyone else is deceived in their view. It is becoming a very suspicious religion IMHO.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KJ,
    So you follow yourself now?
    Confusion rules?

kejonn
    Participant

That's pretty funny Nick. Over 1000 pages about the nature of God, on whether He is triune or not, all from people who supposedly follwo the same God.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KJ,
    Have you not stood firm on the foundation of scriptural truth?

kejonn
    Participant

What is the foundation Nick? I can guarantee that your view of that foundation is different than the view of the next person.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KJ,
    Storms do threaten our house but we must build what can withstand them.
    The Spirit of truth enlivens the truth of Scripture

Ephesians 1:13
    In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

John 16:13
    Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

SEEK

kejonn
    Participant

Why is the truth you know different from the truth WJ knows? Same bible.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KJ,
    He cannot find his gnostic god in the bible.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (kejonn @ Feb. 19 2008,08:50)
    What is the foundation Nick? I can guarantee that your view of that foundation is different than the view of the next person.

Hi KJ,
    The cornerstone of Jesus must be laid on the foundation rock of scripture.

Mt21
    42Jesus saith unto them, Did ye never read in the scriptures, The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner: this is the Lord's doing, and it is marvellous in our eyes?

43Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof.

44And whosoever shall fall on this stone shall be broken: but on whomsoever it shall fall, it will grind him to powder.

Mt7
    24Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:

25And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.

26And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:

27And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.

Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 900 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account