Bible

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 900 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    In Ephesians 4 Paul writes
    “Thus you will find scripture saying
    'When he ascended on high, he took a host of captives and gave gifts to men'”

But when you check the reference in Ps 68 it says something a little different
    ” You have ascended on high, taken captives, received men as gifts-even rebels;”

In my bible it says Paul interpreted the verse rather loosely. There are times when he does the same especially when speaking off the cuff, preaching in Acts. He has an amazing knowledge of the OT from his phariseal roots.

Both versions are true as both are scripture. The NT verse adds meaning as the gifts of the Holy Spirit were shared among the men saved, and men were taken as gifts to his Father in him.
    what do others think ?

liljon
    Participant

18 You have ascended on high, You have led captivity captive, You gave received gifts to man, (LXX)
    LXX is closer so the orignal said the same thing paul was saying

NickHassan
    Participant

Thank you liljon.
    Do you have a copy of the LXX?

liljon
    Participant

No, but there are a few websites that provide an English translation

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Jn 8.31
    “If you abide in my word, then you are truly disciples of mine; and you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free”
    ” Abide in me and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, so neither can you, unless you abide in me”
    ” If you abide in me and my words abide in you, ask what you wish, and it shall be done for you. By this is my Father glorified, that you bear much fruit, and so prove to be my disciples”
    ” If anyone loves me, he will keep my word “
    ” Sanctify them in the truth;Thy word is truth”

To love Yeshua is also to love the bible.
    But man cannot serve two masters.
    He will love one and hate the other.

Yeshua asks us to rebuild our doctrines according to the Word.

Proclaimer
    Participant

We must abide in the doctrine of Christ.

1 Timothy 6:3-4
    3 If anyone teaches false doctrines and does not agree to the sound instruction of our Lord Jesus Christ and to godly teaching,
    4 he is conceited and understands nothing. He has an unhealthy interest in controversies and quarrels about words that result in envy, strife, malicious talk, evil suspicions

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    We are part of God's open jewellery market.

Some come bringing all their pearls and precious stones. They happily give them away and freely show others where they are to be found. They show how to polish the facets to bring out the greatest lustre in each jewel and demonstrate how to retrieve the gold by breaking the quartz.

Others bring their books and demonstrate what others have shown them about jewellery.They do not have many jewels of their own and prefer to know about them than obtain them.

Others proudly bring their pebbles and broken glass and try to prove they are in fact precious jewels. Friends try to show them how to tell the ordinary from the valuable but they rarely listen. They often take their booty away with them convinced that they have the only true knowledge in this area.

Others only come to mock and stare. They point out flaws expertly but have no treasure of their own and are totally unaware of their poverty.They have no true interest in the value of the jewels and often discourage others from seeking them.

Most in the town do not even see there is a market at all and carry on with their natural lives oblivious of the beauty available to all. They have other agendas and interests limited to their basic human lives.

The field where the jewels are hidden has been found and purchased so that all can help themselves to the eternal life they bring to their owners. They are contained within the field which is the bible.

trettep
    Participant

I have started a symbols thread over at my forum. If you have anything to contribute please do. I don't know if there is a large list anywhere.

http://behold.freebb.com/viewtopic.php?p=13&freebb=behold#13

Paul

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Jn 8.36
    ” If therefore the Son shall make you free you shall be free indeed.”
    'I am the way, the TRUTH and the life”

Freedom comes with salvation in Jesus.
    Freedom from what?
    Guilt. Anxiety. Fears. Religious Compulsion. Legal rigidity.

Jn 8.31
    “…If you abide in My Word, then you are truly disciples of mine and you shall know the TRUTH and the TRUTH shall set you free.”
    Jn 17.17
    “Sanctify them in TRUTH. Thy word is TRUTH”

Freedom grows with listening to the words of the Master and not those of men.

Trinity did not come from the mouth of the Master but men.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi ,
    Is the whole bible called the Word of God in the bible?
    No
    But there are hundreds of references to the
    Word of God
    God's Word
    My Word.

The last book speaks of itself as “this book”and some refer that to all of the preceding revelation given by God.

The teachings of Jesus are part of God's word and we are told all the books in the world could not contain them all.

His teachings, given him by God, were so powerful that those who heard were able to remember them years later and write down, with the help of the Spirit, every detail and inflection such that there is no error.

That fact alone proves there is a God.
    Who else has a view on this?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    The purity of the Word of Yahweh has come under question lately.
    Can the Israelites be trusted to have passed on the message to us in the truest form?They used to take great care when using or transcribing the Name but was substituting it with “Adonai” wise or did it add confusion?
    Eliyah has tried to show this is insulting to Yahweh and purifcation of the Word is essential. Does YHWH demand this as he suggests or is it not so?
    What do others think?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    TJStarfire has said the what is left of the bible is only for disputes etc. Who would agree or disagree?

I deeply love the bible as absolute beauty and truth guaranteed by the Master it writes about, who quoted is as if it was undeniable fact.

TJStarfire
    Participant

TJStarfire has said the what is left of the bible is only for disputes etc. Who would agree or disagree?

Thats not exactly true, but it is close to what I believe

The Bible is a group of verbal and written teachings handed down through time, changing hands through wars and rumors of wars, at times lost then recovered sometimes whole and sometimes in fragments. These teachings come through languages where inflections of voice determine the meaning of the word and most were written without any punctuation.
    The Judaic Christian Bible contains the theological theory that shapes the religious beliefs of millions of people who claim to be Christians and from it we learn these things:
    2 Thessalonians 2 God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
    That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.
    This Book we call our Bible with its scriptural doctrines has for two thousand years been edited first by the Sanhedrin which is the name given to the council of seventy-one Jewish sages who constituted the supreme court and legislative body of Ancient Israel.
    Matthew 27 But the chief priests and elders persuaded the multitude that they should ask Barabbas, and destroy Jesus.
    The very people who demanded that Christ be put to death on the cross and then by the catholics those who crusaded to kill the christians and took sport in feeding Christians to the lions, more people who were anti-Christ.
    This book today in its edited form has created a very strong delusion, which is being used to call down the wrath of God to justify spilling mens blood on both sides of most disputes,
    again filling this world with violence.

The truth is still there it if we look and follow the right path.
    However, (matt 7) strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life,
    and few there be that find it.
    Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing,
    but inwardly they are ravening wolves. Ye shall know them by their fruits.

I say you can know them by their teeth, figuratively speaking of course,
    If a persons actions show they follow the path of peace and harmony
    with their enemies they are sheep.
    If they would fight against their enemies they are wolves.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TJS,

Some of your historical data is very doubtful but that does not matter.

The bible, whether or not it is complete, is all the Word of God.
    It is all written by the Holy Spirit of God through men, and that is why is is so beautiful, so harmonious and resonant with truth.
    Because it is truth, far above and other thoughts of men.

If you cannot yet see this then seek the gift of that Spirit yourself.

“Taste and see that the Lord is good”

TJStarfire
    Participant

It is all written by the Holy Spirit of God through men, and that is why is is so beautiful, so harmonious and resonant with truth.

When/if you can move your consciousness into your spirit, (baptism into the holy spirit),
    you will find a place of knowing for yourself.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TJS,
    Is this something we can do?

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (TJStarfire @ May 14 2006,04:48)

When/if you can move your consciousness into your spirit, (baptism into the holy spirit),

Their are a lot of “you” in your above statement. We can do nothing ourselves. And it's no different with Satan. You may think you have your way but you don't. Our choice is Jehovah or Satan we can do nothing.

Jam 4:14 whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. What is your life? For ye are a vapor, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away.

Heb 4:12 For the word of God is living, and active, and sharper than any two-edged sword, and piercing even to the dividing of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and quick to discern the thoughts and intents of the heart.

I choose Jesus' way of give and not Satan's way of take.

Act 20:35 In all things I gave you an example, that so laboring ye ought to help the weak, and to remember the words of the Lord Jesus, that he himself said, It is more blessed to give than to receive.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Kenrch,
    That is why I asked the question because it is Jesus who is the one who baptises in the Spirit. And one of the graces he gives is the ability to see the kingdom, to remember and understand the Word of God. Because we carry this treasure in our earthen vessels, a Spirit which convicts the world about sin and righteousness and judgement we are hated.

TJStarfire
    Participant

Is this something we can do?

Yes it is, when a person is ready, that means they accept Christ without any reservations
    and truly believe in the holy Ghost,
    A persons faith can and will move their consciousness into their piece of Gods Spirit or their innerself.
    When you can do this you will get a whole new view of this place and the next.
    And if you can do this when your flesh gives up the ghost you will not see death.

TJStarfire
    Participant

Some of your historical data is very doubtful but that does not matter.

I take into account that a lot of historical teachings mainly the core or esoteric beliefs of religious cults like the Jews or Christians were handed down by word of mouth from teacher to student for long periods of time before some person finally put them into writing.

As for when certain beliefs were removed by councils those have been better documented although that may be false info also some of it came from a free online encyclopedia.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Book_of_enoch

I do try to know what I'm talking about before I say anything.
    When you put things into writting that are false or misleading those things can be held against you on Judgement day long afer your flesh is dead and you can't do anything about it.

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 900 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account