Bible

Viewing 20 posts - 661 through 680 (of 900 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Tim4,
    No just facing folks with the fact that despite it's few and largely identified problems scripture remains the only basis for discussion when it comes to finding truth and we must hold to it as our foundation. Rejecting it because of doubts is foolishness.

meerkat
    Participant

Nick,

It is you that is saying on the one had there are inconsistancies and errors in the bible and we need to let the Holy Spirit lead us to the errors and then on the other hand say don't search and test the scriptures because if they are not totally, absolutely true then none of it can be true.

The bible is a physical collection of books that has a large amount of spiritual meaning, the physical collection of books has some errors in them and while some things are to be taken literally at face value there is a lot that is symbolic and is not be taken literally/physically but spiritually and some parts are dual physical and spiritual.

We need to be guided by Gods Spirit when reading the bible. We are instructed in the bible to do that, we shouldn't cling to the physical bible – that is the problem that the pharisees had, they clung to the physical scriptures, and thought that the allegories {stone an adulteress} was an actual instruction – adultery is a sin – the wages of sin is death (so putting 2 +2 together we are to stone an adulteress – however God says vengeance is his – he is to administer wrath and have mercy, When Jesus was faced with that situation – he said he that has no sin cast the first stone. Jesus said that h always did his Fathers will and if his fathers will was adulteresses are to be stoned then he did not do his Fathers will.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MK,
    It is about the building of faith which must rest on the foundation of Scripture with Jesus laid as the first foundation stone.  Finding difficulties should perhaps cause us to pause and ponder in prayer but not to cast aside what is vital to our salvation.

There will always be some matters that will be clarified when the Master returns but we can know there will answers.
    Fostering doubts about scripture so as to lay the foundation of the stranger's teachings is rampant.

the Lordship of Jesus is challenged by foolish men.

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Tiffany @ Dec. 22 2008,20:10)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 22 2008,19:37)
    Hi not3,
    If someone does not believe the bible is true then why would they ever quote it?

Good question. I like to ask you Mandy, where did you get your understand from. And don' say somethin llike out of my closet. The Mystery of God has been given to His saints.  Who are they? There are millions that have died for the word of God the Bible. I guess they are nuts or crazy? It is so ironic that those that wrote  the Book, tortured those that wanted the Bible also. The Catholic Chuch.  But IMO those Monks that origenally wrote down the Bible had nothing to do with the torture of the Saints. ( My opinion tho, cant prove it)
    Peace and Love Irene

Hi Irene,

Jesus was pleased that God hid things from learned men and revealed them to little children……

:;):

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 23 2008,03:52)
    Hi Tim4,
    No just facing folks with the fact that despite it's few and largely identified problems scripture remains the only basis for discussion when it comes to finding truth and we must hold to it as our foundation. Rejecting it because of doubts is foolishness.

Nick,

Scripture is the only basis for discussion?

Do you not believe, as Paul taught, that there would be visions and insight given to believer's?

meerkat
    Participant

Nick,

The foundation that is to be built on is Christ and the scriptures are the witness, Jesus said the the scripture testify of him.

If a door is the way into the house – you don't go to the door and stand in the doorway – you go through the door into the house. The scriptures contain truth but they are not THE TRUTH We are told in the scriptures that, Jesus is the truth and the Spirit leads us into all truth.

It is not about following physical rituals contained in the bible, it is following Christ in spirit and truth – God requires people to worship him in Spirit and truth. It is not physical adherence leading to spiritual resurrection/salvation after we die, it is about spiritual seeking affecting our beliefs and actions – when we seek the spiritual our beliefs and actions are aligned to Gods will.

Strong delusion is given to those who do not have a love for the truth, and believe falsehood, so when you say that it is ok not to know or understand, that we can pause and ponder but then just accept the traditions that have been handed down, I really don't see that is what Jesus was instructing his disciples to do.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ Dec. 23 2008,05:58)

Hi Tim4,

Nick,

Do you not believe, as Paul taught, that there would be visions and insight given to believer's?

Hi not3,
    Against what should men test their visions and insights?
    Standing on our own opinions would be rather unwise.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (meerkat @ Dec. 23 2008,06:04)
    Nick,

The foundation that is to be built on is Christ and the scriptures are the  witness, Jesus said the the scripture testify of him.

If a door is the way into the house – you don't go to the door and stand in the doorway – you go through the door into the house. The scriptures contain truth but they are not THE TRUTH We are told in the scriptures that, Jesus is the truth and the Spirit leads us into all truth.  

It is not about following physical rituals contained in the bible, it is following Christ in spirit and truth – God requires people to worship him in Spirit and truth. It is not physical adherence leading to spiritual resurrection/salvation after we die, it is about spiritual seeking affecting our beliefs and actions – when we seek the spiritual our beliefs and actions are aligned to Gods will.  

Strong delusion is given to those who do not have a love for the truth, and believe falsehood, so when you say that it is ok not to know or understand, that we can pause and ponder but then just accept the traditions that have been handed down, I really don't see that is what Jesus was instructing his disciples to do.

Hi mk,

The scriptures are truth.
    They do not just contain truth.

If they did then men would be free to tell us which is and which is not truth
    Jn17
    17Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.

Mt7

21Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

22Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

24Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:

25And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.

26And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:

27And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.

28And it came to pass, when Jesus had ended these sayings, the people were astonished at his doctrine:

29For he taught them as one having authority, and not as the scribes.

Rev19
    10And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 23 2008,06:37)

Quote (Not3in1 @ Dec. 23 2008,05:58)

Hi Tim4,

Nick,

Hi not3,
    Against what should men test their visions and insights?
    Standing on our own opinions would be rather unwise.

Were we instructed to test our visions and insights?

What of those who do own a bible or have access to one?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Not3,
    Test all things
    col2

18Let no one keep defrauding you of your prize by delighting in self-abasement and the worship of the angels, taking his stand on visions he has seen, inflated without cause by his fleshly mind,

19and not holding fast to the head, from whom the entire body, being supplied and held together by the joints and ligaments, grows with a growth which is from God.

Not3in1
    Participant

Perhaps testing them is an ambiguous word. Couldn't one test their insight by gathering a few witnesses? Again, what of those without the written word to guide them? Can they not have insight given by God?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,
    Men are judged according to the advantages given them.

Luke 12:48
    But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,
    There are gatherings of the deluded all over the earth and their numbers do not add to their credibility at all.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,
    Is the bible just questionable history to you?
    Do you have anything you can quote as true?

You can trust scripture because you can trust God.

TimothyVI
    Participant

HI Nick,
    You keep referring to scriptures but what we have is the bible.
    There were hundreds of gospels besides the four that were voted in to the bible with
    a simple yeh or neh, by a group of Catholic men. Who is to say that many of those
    neglected gospels are not the word of God instead of the ones that we got.
    Were the men that canonized the bible inspired by God?

If they were, then why did another group of more modern men merely remove a bunch of those scriptures from their bible
    because they were deemed not good enough? Which set of scriptures is a person to trust?

TIm

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 23 2008,06:54)
    Hi not3,
    Men are judged according to the advantages given them.

Luke 12:48
    But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more.

So the folks who don't have bibles only get beat a LITTLE?
    :laugh:

Not3in1
    Participant

Tim,
    Excellent points!

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Not3,
    Those verses apply to the servants of Christ.
    Beyond them is only mercy.

TimothyVI
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ Dec. 23 2008,10:45)
    Tim,
    Excellent points!

Thank you not 3,

sadly they will never be addressed with straight answers.
    :(

Tim

theodorej
    Participant

Quote (Tiffany @ Dec. 18 2008,02:50)
    Hi all

This time Nick has something. All denominations are led by some spirit, and it's not the Holy Spirit, otherwise they be teaching all the same. But no matter who is teaching us, we are to make sure by proving all we hear by the Word of God.
    We are experiencing the impact of the three unclean spirits right now. There are not just three spirits either, they show Satan who stands behind the kings of this world, and the false prophet, all worldly religion.
    The beast are the governments/kings of this world; have you ever heard of the kind of corruption we have now in government? Have you ever heard of ordaining gay ministers, marring gay couples, the increase of non denominational churches,etc. Satan is working overtime.
    The destruction of AD70 was only the first of thee tribulations prophesied for the Jewish people, the second (Mat. 24:21,22), was during Hitler's reign; the third (Mat. 24:29), is yet to be fulfilled. we also read about that time in (Zech. 14:2).

Georg

Eye has not seen and ear has not heard prepared for those that love Him.
    I can'r wait till then. Come Lord Jesus Come…………..O,O

This is Irene that just added the last statement.  Forgot that I share the site with Georg.

Greetings Georg……When one realizes that the duality of prophesy in its self should serve as a warning,not withstanding the chronalogical setting…..We would be wise to revisit the days of Hitler so as to realize that this type of tyrant will appear again and this time he will suceed in his efforts for a short time….The developments in Europe are going to accelerate as a result of the global economy and the likelyhood of Germany emerging as supreme leader is a real possibility….When that happens Europe will unite for a common cause,that being survival….The pope adds a eurocentric flavor to the cause of unification with religion being a key element…I would think that by the time this happens the US may not be viable and could very well be one of Europes initial conquests….What do you think ??

Viewing 20 posts - 661 through 680 (of 900 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account