Bible

Viewing 20 posts - 641 through 660 (of 900 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi mk,
    Rev16
    13And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon, and out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet.

14For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, which go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty.

15Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame.

16And he gathered them together into a place called in the Hebrew tongue Armageddon.

So this is prior to the return of Jesus which is imaged in the middle of these verses.

The return of Jeius is when Jerusalem is surrounded and certain to be destroyed by this group of worldly and demonically led kings.

meerkat
    Participant

So because this is physical Jerusalem being physically surrounded – we are to physically keep clothed so we are not physically found to be naked? And its physical frogs that come out of physical mouths of the physical beast, false prophet and dragon?

The physical fulfillment of the prophecy was fulfilled in 70AD when the city of Jerusalem was physically surrounded and the physical salvation was to those that heeded Jesus words and fled to the mountains.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi mk,
    Not real frogs but evil spirits-devils.
    They serve the dragon-satan.
    That was the first fulfillment.

meerkat
    Participant

Maybe this is better continued in the prophecy section.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi mk,
    So scripture reveals itself
    if you let it.

Tiffany
    Participant

Hi all

This time Nick has something. All denominations are led by some spirit, and it's not the Holy Spirit, otherwise they be teaching all the same. But no matter who is teaching us, we are to make sure by proving all we hear by the Word of God.
    We are experiencing the impact of the three unclean spirits right now. There are not just three spirits either, they show Satan who stands behind the kings of this world, and the false prophet, all worldly religion.
    The beast are the governments/kings of this world; have you ever heard of the kind of corruption we have now in government? Have you ever heard of ordaining gay ministers, marring gay couples, the increase of non denominational churches,etc. Satan is working overtime.
    The destruction of AD70 was only the first of thee tribulations prophesied for the Jewish people, the second (Mat. 24:21,22), was during Hitler's reign; the third (Mat. 24:29), is yet to be fulfilled. we also read about that time in (Zech. 14:2).

Georg

Eye has not seen and ear has not heard prepared for those that love Him.
    I can'r wait till then. Come Lord Jesus Come…………..O,O

This is Irene that just added the last statement. Forgot that I share the site with Georg.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    So some believe in God and the bible.

Some deny God and the bible.
    Some believe in God but not the bible.
    Some believe in God and only defined parts of the bible.
    Some believe in God and believe in the inspiration of the bible but fear man's additions.

The last is in the most precarious situation as they can prove and trust nothing.
    They can no longer stand on anything from scripture because they cannot trust anything.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Of course there is another group who instill enough anxiety about the bible among their followers that they are able to lead them anywhere manipulating their trust in their personal leadership.

Others say they believe the bible is true in a way but teach that so many allegories are hidden among the simple truths that they need to be led by men towards understanding too.

Others again claim to be specially spiritually inspired and alone able to guide others towards their personal understandings.

Jesus does not want such teachers but wants all men to be able to search and find for themselves what is true by comparing scripture with scripture and seeking the help of the Holy Spirit.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    So Satan is busy attacking faith in many ways.

He wants us to lose faith in God, Jesus, each other and the bible.

He wants to be able to be incognito himself so his existence is also denied.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    I think it is reasonable to expect that those who have publically denied the reliability of the bible to cease quoting it when they promote their beliefs.

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 22 2008,11:56)
    Hi,
    So some believe in God and the bible.

Some deny God and the bible.
    Some believe in God but not the bible.
    Some believe in God and only defined parts of the bible.
    Some believe in God and believe in the inspiration of the bible but fear man's additions.

The last is in the most precarious situation as they can prove and trust nothing.
    They can no longer stand on anything from scripture because they cannot trust anything.

Indeed, precarious.
    It seems that God was able to keep his living Word perfect, but was unable to keep his written Word perfect.

I wonder why?

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 22 2008,12:29)
    Hi,
    I think it is reasonable to expect that those who have publically denied the reliability of the bible to cease quoting it when they promote their beliefs.

Boy, you sure have been busy tonight haven't you?

You're putting us into categories with labels, you're deciding that certain ones shouldn't quote from the bible anymore.

I smell another “group” division coming on.  Perhaps along with the “Believers”, and “Non-believers” section, we could also include a “Doubter's who cannot quote the bible” section?

Nick, trust that God can take care of his children.  You'll just stress yourself out if you continue to try to corral us.  We are already under a pretty mighty wing.  It will be alright.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,
    Should He have done better?
    Do you really think ANYTHING happens outside of His plan?

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 22 2008,18:55)
    Hi not3,
    Should He have done better?
    Do you really think ANYTHING happens outside of His plan?

{{shrugging shoulders}}

Your guess is as good as mine, Nick.
    I'm only sharing why I doubt.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,
    Why?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,
    God is very awesome.
    He lets us have a chance to work with Him.
    But the jobs are done whether or not we choose to join in.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,
    If someone does not believe the bible is true then why would they ever quote it?

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 22 2008,19:37)
    Hi not3,
    If someone does not believe the bible is true then why would they ever quote it?

Nick,
    I'm not sure what your ultimate goal is here?

Throughout my college experience I've quoted from a lot of history books where I wasn't 100% sure they were correct? After all, I'm relying on those who wrote the books. I wasn't actually there when the history took place. The writer's weren't either. So, what's a girl to do?

Tiffany
    Participant

Hi not3,

Good question. I like to ask you Mandy, where did you get your understand from. And don' say somethin llike out of my closet. The Mystery of God has been given to His saints.  Who are they? There are millions that have died for the word of God the Bible. I guess they are nuts or crazy? It is so ironic that those that wrote  the Book, tortured those that wanted the Bible also. The Catholic Chuch.  But IMO those Monks that origenally wrote down the Bible had nothing to do with the torture of the Saints. ( My opinion tho, cant prove it)
    Peace and Love Irene

TimothyVI
    Participant

Hi not3,

When a person speaks with someone else whose only source of knowledge seems to be what is in the bible, that person must use the same bilble in order to have any grounds upon which to converse. If not, then the conversation is completely one sided. Is that what your true goal NIck?

Tim

Viewing 20 posts - 641 through 660 (of 900 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account