Bible

Viewing 20 posts - 601 through 620 (of 900 total)
  • Author
    charity
    Participant

I eat carobs as well….when no ones looking.
    I love that movie :laugh:

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ Sep. 15 2008,14:47)
    t8, thanks for the information at the beginning of this thread.

You defend the NT with such vigor.  How do you answer the fact that even though there are certain family manuscripts there are a zillion translations out there……….some disagree with one another.

If the foundation is so secure, why is everyone walking in different directions?

Sometimes I really wish I would have never started asking questions!!

Thanks,
    Mandy

Bump for t8

Tiffany
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ Sep. 15 2008,15:03)

Quote (charity @ Sep. 15 2008,15:02)

Quote (Not3in1 @ Sep. 15 2008,13:17)
    Eve!

She probably said, “Um, honey, the animals are starting to stare………”

:laugh:

:laugh:  I missed this……and ever so softly…God said… because the animals stared at Naked eve they shall now die and become her leather Jacket

Don't forget the matching shoes and handbag!

:D

Your guys are too funny, thanks for a laugh.  :D  :D where is the KIwi
    Love Irene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    The bible is the recommended foundation for our faith.
    Mt7
    24Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:

25And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.

26And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:

27And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.

The suspect human intellect is no substitute

meerkat
    Participant

Quote (Tiffany @ Sep. 16 2008,21:07)

Quote (Not3in1 @ Sep. 15 2008,15:03)

Quote (charity @ Sep. 15 2008,15:02)

Quote (Not3in1 @ Sep. 15 2008,13:17)
    Eve!

She probably said, “Um, honey, the animals are starting to stare………”

:laugh:

:laugh:  I missed this……and ever so softly…God said… because the animals stared at Naked eve they shall now die and become her leather Jacket

Don't forget the matching shoes and handbag!

:D

Your guys are too funny, thanks for a laugh.  where is the KIwi
    Love Irene

Hey you guys……   

Thats funny!!!   :laugh:

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 10 2008,07:22)
    Hi,
    The bible is the recommended foundation for our faith.
    Mt7
    24Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:

25And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.

26And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:

27And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.

The suspect human intellect is no substitute

But humans put pen in hand and wrote down these supposed “words” of God! Can THEY be trusted?

Obviously God didn't literally take their hands and carve out the words? If he did….he made quite a few errors……

Are we really willing to give God complete credit for the bible? And if not, should we completely trust it?

Quite a quandary!

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,
    Should we find fault with God's servants?
    How does that relate to us?
    God is very big.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Not3,
    Jesus quoted Isaiah word for word.
    Does that seal of approval only stretch to that sentence?

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 12 2008,10:58)
    Hi Not3,
    Jesus quoted Isaiah word for word.
    Does that seal of approval only stretch to that sentence?

Who recorded Jesus' words?
    How long after Jesus uttered them were they recorded?

Much room for error.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Not3,
    So Jesus could have been wrong to quote the words as they might not have been true and he may not have said those particular things as men recorded them?

Who has shredded your faith?

meerkat
    Participant

Nick,

Mandy's faith in Jesus seems strong, her faith in fallible man does not appear strong – she seems to be testing ALL things and holding fast to that is good.

Foundation is the bible or Jesus?

1 Cor 1Cr 3:10According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon.
    1Cr 3:11For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.

Paul was laying the foundation of JESUS CHRIST not the bible

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi mk,
    You cannot have one without the other.
    Some choose another Jesus

2Cor 11
    2For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.

3But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.

4For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.

Mt 7
    21Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

22Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi mk,
    Other spirits confuse men who think they are inspired by God.

1 John 4
    1Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

2Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:

3And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

Dare not throw aside the scriptures.
    Rather depend utterly on them till the light of Christ arises in your heart.

2Peter1
    19We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts:

20Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.

21For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi mk,
    What we are doing here is because we know scripture is the true word of God and we try to encourage others to trust and depend on them. Some say they believe scripture but it is only to the point that the words do not threaten their own personal beliefs

Quote (meerkat @ Dec. 12 2008,12:43)

Nick,

Mandy's faith in Jesus seems strong, her faith in fallible man does not appear strong – she seems to be testing ALL things and holding fast to that is good.

1 Cor 1Cr 3:10According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon.
    1Cr 3:11For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.

Paul was laying the foundation of JESUS CHRIST  not the bible

Hi MK

Paul was laying the foundation of JESUS CHRIST…

And just how did he do that? It was by the inspired words that he spoke and penned.

Whosoever cometh to me, and “HEARETH MY SAYINGS, AND DOETH THEM“, I will shew you to whom he is like: He is like a man which built an house, and digged deep, and “LAID THE FOUNDATION ON A ROCK: and when the flood arose, the stream beat vehemently upon that house, and could not shake it: for it was founded upon a rock.But he that heareth, and doeth not“, is like a man that without a foundation built an house upon the earth; against which the stream did beat vehemently, and “immediately it fell; and the ruin of that house was great. Luke 6:47-49

Paul's message and writings were a direct revelation from Jesus.

It is the scriptures with the help of the Spirit of truth that will keep the believer from falling. Jesus who is the “living Word” is the foundation.

As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which “they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto THEIR OWN DESTRUCTION“. 2 Peter 3:16

Peter who was an eye witness and follower of Jesus claims that Paul’s writings are scripture.

Therefore we ought to give the more earnest heed to THE THINGS WHICH WE HAVE HEARD, LEST AT ANY TIME WE SHOULD LET THEM SLIP“. For if the word spoken by angels was stedfast, and every transgression and disobedience received a just recompence of reward; How shall we escape, if we neglect so great salvation; WHICH AT THE FIRST BEGAN TO BE SPOKEN BY THE LORD, and was confirmed unto us by them that heard him; Heb 2:1-3

The Gospel of Jesus Christ is the spoken Word of God which has been recorded and preserved in the scriptures.

Jesus said the words that he spoke were spirit and life. The Spirit of God breathed on Holy men of God and they penned the scriptures, now the Spirit of God brings to life the written scriptures in the life of the believer and that living word becomes the foundation of our life in him.

Doubting the scriptures is not wise for the scriptures make us wise unto salvation.

And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, “which are able to make thee wise unto salvation” through faith which is in Christ Jesus. 2 Tim 3:15

Blessings WJ

Not3in1
    Participant

Nick,

Paul was laying the foundation of JESUS CHRIST  not the bible

Thanks, MeerKat. Your assesment is correct about me.

Say, what is your story? Have you shared it already here? If so, direct me to where I can read it.

Love,
    Mandy

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Dec. 12 2008,13:51)
    It is the scriptures with the help of the Spirit of truth that will keep the believer from falling. Jesus who is the “living Word” is the foundation.

With all due respect, bro, I can honestly say that this has not been totally true for me.

The Scriptures have not kept me from falling, if indeed I have fallen at all. The Scriptures are a collection of words – dried ink! The collection sits on my shelf in a gazillion differnt translations, and versions. I can choose which to read depending on my mood or whim.

The power does not reside in the words; words can be manipulated.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,
    Those words are seeds of faith, a sword for defence and attacking vain speculations and the bread of life.

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 12 2008,19:13)
    Hi not3,
    Those words are seeds of faith, a sword for defence and attacking vain speculations and the bread of life.

Maybe.

Maybe they are also the words of Scribes and whoever else added and took away from those words.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,
    Where did you get the delusion that the strength of man is greater than the weakness of God?

Viewing 20 posts - 601 through 620 (of 900 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account