Bible

Viewing 20 posts - 401 through 420 (of 900 total)
  • Author
    kejonn
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 03 2008,22:59)
    Hi Kj,
    So let me see. You heard of God from the bible.
    Now you have rejected the God of the bible
    and think you still know God?

Let's see. I can hear of a person from another. Then I can ask a few more about that person. Later, I find out what those people told me was not quite true because they had a biased view of that person.

I can have 30 people who personally know me (outside of this forum). If you ask all 30 people the same set of 10 questions about me, do you think all will end up having the same impression of me?

Bingo.

kejonn
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ April 04 2008,02:40)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 04 2008,13:16)
    Hi KJ,
    God is God.
    Submit

Where is there left to go after this piece of islamic rhetoric?

Stuart

I know, huh?

Laurel
    Participant

KJ,
    Wow, you've really come undone since the ;ast time I was here haven't you. First of all YHWH the reason for Satan is that in order for there to be GOOD, evil had to be separated from the nothingness that was before creation.

Now you and every person on the planet has a choice. We can choose good or evil. If you choose the good, you will have devine protection from Satan. That is not to say you would never again be tempted, because evil will exist untill all is completed in YHWH's eyes, before evil is done away with.

So what is left for you KJ? You no longer believe in the God of Creation. You have missed something along the way, and I know what that something is. OBEDIENCE BECAUSE OF BELIEF. Once you get to that point, if you ever decide that your thoughts are the actual problem, and not the God whom you deny, then and only then will your eyes be opened.

Until then, the Lord of the earth will have his way with you, and what a ride that will be. Hang on and don't forget to bring your little paper bag to catch the vomit as you spin off into oblivion!

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Laurel @ April 05 2008,16:44)
    Until then, the Lord of the earth will have his way with you, and what a ride that will be.  Hang on and don't forget to bring your little paper bag to catch the vomit as you spin off into oblivion!

Is that a threat on behalf of your god? Should we report you or him to the mods?

Stuart

kejonn
    Participant

Quote (Laurel @ April 04 2008,23:44)
    KJ,
    Wow, you've really come undone since the ;ast time I was here haven't you. First of all YHWH the reason for Satan is that in order for there to be GOOD, evil had to be separated from the nothingness that was before creation.

But in the OT, the adversaries God sent were totally in His control. Christianity says this “satan” character is free to roam and create havoc. Already a contradiction.

Now you and every person on the planet has a choice. We can choose good or evil. If you choose the good, you will have devine protection from Satan. That is not to say you would never again be tempted, because evil will exist untill all is completed in YHWH's eyes, before evil is done away with.

What makes you think I cannot choose good without believing in the Judeo-Christian version of God? Christians — even devout ones — do not have the corner on doing good.

So what is left for you KJ? You no longer believe in the God of Creation. You have missed something along the way, and I know what that something is. OBEDIENCE BECAUSE OF BELIEF. Once you get to that point, if you ever decide that your thoughts are the actual problem, and not the God whom you deny, then and only then will your eyes be opened.

You can make all the assumptions you want yet you can never truly know what I believe. I deny the Abrahamic view of God, I do not deny God. But most Christians can't understand that. All they see is the bible.

Until then, the Lord of the earth will have his way with you, and what a ride that will be. Hang on and don't forget to bring your little paper bag to catch the vomit as you spin off into oblivion!

Tell it to me again as I enjoy God's creation and His people — all of them. I am much happier, free, and confident than I've ever been while a Christian. But I don't expect you to understand because you let your understanding come from an ancient book rather than trusting what God has given you to reason with.

God gave me a brain and a heart, I'm going to use them.

kejonn
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ April 05 2008,00:00)

Is that a threat on behalf of your god? Should we report you or him to the mods?

Stuart

Ah, its typical of anyone in any religion: believe our way or you'll be sorry! I can believe that if I'm in a country with no religious tolerance because they throw people in prison — or kill them — for not believing in their way.

Stu
    Participant

Quote (kejonn @ April 05 2008,22:11)

Quote (Stu @ April 05 2008,00:00)

Until then, the Lord of the earth will have his way with you, and what a ride that will be.  Hang on and don't forget to bring your little paper bag to catch the vomit as you spin off into oblivion!

Is that a threat on behalf of your god?  Should we report you or him to the mods?

Stuart

Ah, its typical of anyone in any religion: believe our way or you'll be sorry! I can believe that if I'm in a country with no religious tolerance because they throw people in prison — or kill them — for not believing in their way.

When I listed Kolberg's Levels of moral reasoning and argued that fundamentalists are stuck in stage one, I had not realised just how true it is. “What will happen to me?” sums it up. At least some of them must make it up higher in order to reason that there is a law that needs to be obeyed and therefore legitimises the imprisonment / persecution / …

I think some of those who are publicly known in their fundamentalism know full well what they are doing and their motivation is what financial profits may come their way, regardless of the 'consequences'.

So much for helping others in the development of their human potential. It is dark-age misery and if we had not endured centuries of christianity in western Europe we would probably be able to cure all cancer by now.

Stuart

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Stu,
    Have you made the necessary progress you speak of?
    It seems that you have not yet even realised there is a Creator God.

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 06 2008,10:53)
    Hi Stu,
    Have you made the necessary progress you speak of?
    It seems that you have not yet even realised there is a Creator God.

If I were to say 'you just don't get it' at least I could show that I have made it as far as adolescence!

Stuart

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Stu,
    Certainly you may feel more comfortable limiting your understandings to what is measurable and it does give you a suitably defensible tower from which to hurl your missiles at those who are walking by but
    you rob yourself of so much.

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 06 2008,11:07)
    Hi Stu,
    Certainly you may feel more comfortable limiting your understandings to what is measurable and it does give you a suitably defensible tower from which to hurl your missiles at those who are walking by but
    you rob yourself of so much.

Sorry? Which of us is self-limiting? You have no esteem for that which is measurable!

Stuart

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Stu,
    Not so. But what is beyond our human vision is more relevant.

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 06 2008,11:13)
    Hi Stu,
    Not so. But what is beyond our human vision is more relevant.

That is why you cannot claim to hold measurable things in any esteem – for you the bible trumps reality and in that scenario people die needlessly of curable diseases. I suppose people are expendable in your quest for salvation, though, aren't they?

Stuart

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Stu,
    God is able to cure anytime anywhere.
    He does when there is faith about.
    He doesn't when there isn't.

Luke 4:27
    “And there were many lepers in Israel in the time of Elisha the prophet; and none of them was cleansed, but only Naaman the Syrian.”

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 06 2008,11:22)
    Hi Stu,
    God is able to cure anytime anywhere.
    He does when there is faith about.  
    He doesn't when there isn't.

Luke 4:27
    “And there were many lepers in Israel in the time of Elisha the prophet; and none of them was cleansed, but only Naaman the Syrian.”

Are you saying that we would expect to find much higher rates of spontaneous remission of disease in bible-believers than in atheists?

The rates are the same.

Stuart

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Stu,
    God is sovereign.

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 06 2008,11:28)
    Hi Stu,
    God is sovereign.

But he cures atheists at the same rate as believers, and the anecdote in Luke 4:27 cannot be applied to the modern world. Like most of it.

Stuart

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Stu,
    He sends His rain too on the good and wicked alike.
    Healing a paraplegic is less relevant than saving his soul.

Mk 2
    1And again he entered into Capernaum after some days; and it was noised that he was in the house.

2And straightway many were gathered together, insomuch that there was no room to receive them, no, not so much as about the door: and he preached the word unto them.

3And they come unto him, bringing one sick of the palsy, which was borne of four.

4And when they could not come nigh unto him for the press, they uncovered the roof where he was: and when they had broken it up, they let down the bed wherein the sick of the palsy lay.

5When Jesus saw their faith, he said unto the sick of the palsy, Son, thy sins be forgiven thee.

6But there was certain of the scribes sitting there, and reasoning in their hearts,

7Why doth this man thus speak blasphemies? who can forgive sins but God only?

8And immediately when Jesus perceived in his spirit that they so reasoned within themselves, he said unto them, Why reason ye these things in your hearts?

9Whether is it easier to say to the sick of the palsy, Thy sins be forgiven thee; or to say, Arise, and take up thy bed, and walk?

10But that ye may know that the Son of man hath power on earth to forgive sins, (he saith to the sick of the palsy,)

11I say unto thee, Arise, and take up thy bed, and go thy way into thine house.

12And immediately he arose, took up the bed, and went forth before them all; insomuch that they were all amazed, and glorified God, saying, We never saw it on this fashion.

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 06 2008,11:38)
    He sends His rain too on the good and wicked alike.
    Healing a paraplegic is less relevant than saving his soul.  

Another reason to find a good atheist GP!

Stuart

NickHassan
    Participant

true.

Viewing 20 posts - 401 through 420 (of 900 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account