Bible

Viewing 20 posts - 361 through 380 (of 900 total)
  • Author
    kejonn
    Participant

Any proof of any of this beyond a book? After all, writing something doesn't mean it is true. And why only then? No one heals people today.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KJ,
    And few were healed in the times of the miracle worker Elisha

Luke 4:27
    And many lepers were in Israel in the time of Eliseus the prophet; and none of them was cleansed, saving Naaman the Syrian.

Ignorance and lack of faith is the problem.

kejonn
    Participant

Oh, OK. Always some excuse to reason away the lack of modern day miracles.

So God is powerless without faith?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Kj,
    God requires it
    Mk6
    5And he could there do no mighty work, save that he laid his hands upon a few sick folk, and healed them.

6And he marvelled because of their unbelief. And he went round about the villages, teaching.

Mt13
    58And he did not many mighty works there because of their unbelief.

kejonn
    Participant

What a weak God, who is powerless without puny men.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Kj,
    You may unwisely judge God that way but it is not a matter of ability but requirement
    and it is better to learn from Scripture about His ways.

kejonn
    Participant

Yes, I'm learning the ways of the bible God more every day. Here's yet another example of the sexist bible God:

Lev 12:1 Then the LORD spoke to Moses, saying,
      Lev 12:2 “Speak to the sons of Israel, saying: 'When a woman gives birth and bears a male child, then she shall be unclean for seven days, as in the days of her menstruation she shall be unclean.
      Lev 12:3 'On the eighth day the flesh of his foreskin shall be circumcised.
      Lev 12:4 'Then she shall remain in the blood of her purification for thirty-three days; she shall not touch any consecrated thing, nor enter the sanctuary until the days of her purification are completed.
      Lev 12:5 'But if she bears a female child, then she shall be unclean for two weeks, as in her menstruation; and she shall remain in the blood of her purification for sixty-six days.

Notice that everything is twice as long for a female child. Why is that if bible God is not sexist?

charity
    Participant

Hey friend,
    I request form Nature, a lovely Pink sunset just for you
    Watch for it!

Stu
    Participant

Quote (theodorej @ April 03 2008,10:05)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 03 2008,06:37)
    Hi KJ,
    Ants jumping up and down in bitter anger make little impression.

Greetings Nick….To reference thread 26 in defense of your efforts to withstand the onslaught of the intellectual vandals let me take this opportunity to say your doing a fine job

Hi theodorej

Would you like to tell us what is so fine?

Stuart

Stu
    Participant

Quote (david @ April 03 2008,09:12)

Does the whole veracity of Genesis hinge on the meaning of one word?  If it represented literal truth would it not be a bit more convincing?

For the 73d time, one literal defintion of 'day' is: “a period of influence.”

I think we're confused about the word “literal” now.

I think we are discussing the word 'convinicing' now.

Stuart

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Jesus was familiar with all of the OT when he walked the earth.
    He spoke of it and the human prophets and quoted their words as truth
    He made no negative judgements against these man or their writings instead upholding them.

So those who would condemn the OT would make themselves greater than Jesus.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Colter,
    They words of the OT were upheld and not diminished. Jesus brought light to the heart of their meaning. We cannot do without it as it gives context and culture as well as supporting strength to his words. He brought grace and truth to those who would hear, those who had heard the Father in the OT. No words were denied by him as untruth and he showed they were of the same Spirit as what he said.

Matthew 13:52
    Then said he unto them, Therefore every scribe which is instructed unto the kingdom of heaven is like unto a man that is an householder, which bringeth forth out of his treasure things new and old.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    So men continue to attempt to diminish the work of the Spirit of God in both the OT and the NT.
    They undermine their own foundation of faith.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi colter,
    Christ has never embraced paganism but the whore has.
    Christ's mission is proved by the OT as he followed the prophets of God.
    He embraced their words and we follow him into the new covenant, but the Law remains.
    Those accustomed to the OT Law still prefer the old familiar wine.
    We should not put new wine into old wineskins.
    We must be reborn into Christ

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi colter,
    God has not forever rejected His chosen people.
    He has just given us a short opportunity to join with them in one family.
    Rom11
    16For if the firstfruit be holy, the lump is also holy: and if the root be holy, so are the branches.

17And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree, wert grafted in among them, and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree;

18Boast not against the branches. But if thou boast, thou bearest not the root, but the root thee.

19Thou wilt say then, The branches were broken off, that I might be grafted in.

20Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear:

21For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee.

22Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.

23 And they also, if they abide not still in unbelief, shall be grafted in: for God is able to graft them in again.

24For if thou wert cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and wert grafted contrary to nature into a good olive tree: how much more shall these, which be the natural branches, be grafted into their own olive tree?

25For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

26And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:

27For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi colter,
    Most of the prophecies about the final days are shown in the OT and yet to be fulfilled. We cannot cast aside such treasure.
    Luke 21:22
    For these be the days of vengeance, that all things which are written may be fulfilled.

kejonn
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 03 2008,13:28)
    Hi,
    Jesus was familiar with all of the OT when he walked the earth.
    He spoke of it and the human prophets and quoted their words as truth
    He made no negative judgements against these man or their writings instead upholding them.

So those who would condemn the OT would make themselves greater than Jesus.

Then you are saying Jesus admitted his father was a ruthless tyrant who wasn't about love unless it was the love his followers had to show him to avoid his wrath.

kejonn
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 03 2008,15:43)
    Hi colter,
    Most of the prophecies about the final days are shown in the OT and yet to be fulfilled. We cannot cast aside such treasure.
    Luke 21:22
    For these be the days of vengeance, that all things which are written may be fulfilled.

Will people still be parroting this in 3000?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Kj,
    No I do not think so
    I think it is more likely you will be awaiting you chance to explain your blasphemies to the prince of peace

kejonn
    Participant

Had we passed this same conversation via courier pigeon hundreds of years ago, and I substituted 2000, you'd likely say the same thing :;):

But why do people call Jesus the prince of peace when the bible never does?

Viewing 20 posts - 361 through 380 (of 900 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account