Bible

Viewing 20 posts - 181 through 200 (of 900 total)
  • Author
    kejonn
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 19 2008,03:01)

Quote (kejonn @ Feb. 19 2008,13:14)
    Why is what you call truth any more valid than what a Muslim views as truth? Or a Mormon? Or any other religious adherent? Truth in faith is highly subjective and not the monopoly of any certain people.

Your view of God: He created the whole universe but only decided to reveal Himself through a tribe of people and then through a handful of people but with a different view of Himself.

My view of God: He created the whole universe, but being that Creator, He also reveals Himself to all mankind. In our limited way, we see much of Him that is the same but also much that is different because we cannot wholly fathom Him. Thus much of our view of Him is biased by our cultural and societal differences.

Hi KJ,
    One of the gifts of the Spirit of God that will help you decide if other religions serve our God or not is that of the
    “Discernment of Spirits.”

1Cor 12
    8For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;

9To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;

10To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:

11But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.

Jesus constantly used this gift to recognise demonic forces and free those who suffered their attacks. Peter too used it with Simon Magus. John too warned about them in his first letter.

It is essential to be able to avoid the confusion that false and deceptive religious spirits can cause among men.

Met any demon possessed people lately Nick? How superstitious.

Quote (kejonn @ Feb. 19 2008,22:40)

Why is what you call truth any more valid than what a Muslim views as truth? Or a Mormon? Or any other religious adherent? Truth in faith is highly subjective and not the monopoly of any certain people.

Your view of God: He created the whole universe but only decided to reveal Himself through a tribe of people and then through a handful of people but with a different view of Himself.

My view of God: He created the whole universe, but being that Creator, He also reveals Himself to all mankind. In our limited way, we see much of Him that is the same but also much that is different because we cannot wholly fathom Him. Thus much of our view of Him is biased by our cultural and societal differences.

Hi KJ,
    One of the gifts of the Spirit of God that will help you decide if other religions serve our God or not is that of the

1Cor 12
    8For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;

9To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;

10To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:

11But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.

Jesus constantly used this gift to recognise demonic forces and free those who suffered their attacks. Peter too used it with Simon Magus. John too warned about them in his first letter.

It is essential to be able to avoid the confusion that false and deceptive religious spirits can cause among men.

kejonn   That was uncalled for. You think only you are right, right? Bull on that. I am so sick and tired of people thinking that they have it all. Nobody does in my opinion. So how about laying off. You have not been very nice at all, kejonn. No wonder Heavens wants to leave I don't really blame Him, I feel like doing the same.

Peace and Love Mrs.

kejonn
    Participant

Quote (seek and you will find @ Feb. 19 2008,06:15)
    kejonn That was uncalled for. You think only you are right, right? Bull on that. I am so sick and tired of people thinking that they have it all. Nobody does in my opinion. So how about laying off. You have not been very nice at all, kejonn. No wonder Heavens wants to leave I don't really blame Him, I feel like doing the same.

Peace and Love Mrs.

All I said was that he was superstitious. If that is offensive, then people are walking on eggshells around here.

What's odd about your statement is that you are mad about me supposedly knowing it all. Yet if you disagree with me, you are in turn believing you are right. So how are you then any different?

That's what I find odd about this forum. People complain about certain posters yet these same complainers keep reading the “offensive” threads. T8 made a forum just for Christians and it sees less activity than the others. If people do not like certain threads, then like your TV, you don't have to read what you find offensive. If you do and then want to complain about it, whose fault is it?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KJ,

1Cor 12

Hi KJ,
    Talk with Jesus.
    He dealt with them every day
    Nothing has changed and they still abound.

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 20 2008,04:47)

Hi KJ,

1Cor 12

Hi KJ,
    Talk with Jesus.
    He dealt with them every day
    Nothing has changed and they still abound.

You say they are still aboard, and that is what is making me angry, because they are dragging others that might be weak with them. I am so sorry that I am angry but I am. For righteousness sake I am angry. Giving up my Savior Jesus Christ and come on her and talk about it makes me Angy. Is that right of me to do, I don't know. I am so sad that another one of our Brethren has denied Jesus. I am angry. I am angry at myself because I tried so much to save that individual from doing so and I failed. May God have Mercy on us all.

Peace and Love Mrs.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Mrs,
    Read Mark and see how much time Jesus spent setting captives free.
    Just because men have found ways to explain away these truths does not make it untrue.

kejonn
    Participant

Quote (seek and you will find @ Feb. 19 2008,12:56)
    I am angry at myself because I tried so much to save that individual from doing so and I failed. May God have Mercy on us all.

Peace and Love Mrs.

You as another human being cannot “save” anyone, so don't be angry with yourself.

kejonn
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 19 2008,13:05)
    Hi Mrs,
    Read Mark and see how much time Jesus spent setting captives free.
    Just because men have found ways to explain away these truths does not make it untrue.

In religion, one man's truth is the next man's fallacy. The Christians say that they worship the same God as the Jews, but the Jews (for the most part) deny this. The Muslims say they worship the same God as the Christians, but Christians (for the most part) deny this. So in the end, truth becomes evasive while certain people continue to try to claim God for themselves.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KJ,
    Yes men everywhere are confused.
    But surely you are not among them?

kejonn
    Participant

Everyone is confused when it comes to God Nick because He does not readily reveal Himself. If He did there would not be atheists and all of the world would worship in one way alone. Instead we have what we have.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KJ,
    Seek the Spirit and you will know God.

kejonn
    Participant

And what makes you think that you know God any more than I do? Because you accept one set of writings over another? What makes you so certain?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KJ,
    What else is there to be certain about than the messages of God?

kejonn
    Participant

Again, we come full circle. You accept the bible as the Word of God, I accept the bible as a set of writings that men made about God. You have no proof whatsoever that I am wrong and you are right — or vice versa.

Let me ask a hypothetical question. What if someone says they love you and you believe it, yet the person is lying. If you do not know they are lying, is the statement any less true to YOU?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Kj,
    Why wander off into philosophy?
    We have work to do now in reality.

kejonn
    Participant

From answers.com
    Philosophy –

1. Love and pursuit of wisdom by intellectual means and moral self-discipline.
      2. Investigation of the nature, causes, or principles of reality, knowledge, or values, based on logical reasoning rather than empirical methods.
      3. A system of thought based on or involving such inquiry: the philosophy of Hume.
      4. The critical analysis of fundamental assumptions or beliefs.
      5. The disciplines presented in university curriculums of science and the liberal arts, except medicine, law, and theology.
      6. The discipline comprising logic, ethics, aesthetics, metaphysics, and epistemology.
      7. A set of ideas or beliefs relating to a particular field or activity; an underlying theory: an original philosophy of advertising.
      8. A system of values by which one lives: has an unusual philosophy of life.

Reality —

1. The quality or state of being actual or true.
      2. One, such as a person, an entity, or an event, that is actual: “the weight of history and political realities” (Benno C. Schmidt, Jr.).
      3. The totality of all things possessing actuality, existence, or essence.
      4. That which exists objectively and in fact: Your observations do not seem to be about reality.

Now tell me, which is more applicable to faith in certain religious beliefs?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KJ,
    The love of human wisdom bears no relationship to love of God or His wisdom.

kejonn
    Participant

I expected such a vague and lofty answer from you Nick :laugh:

NickHassan
    Participant

hmmm

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 20 2008,09:51)
    Hi Kj,
    Why wander off into philosophy?
    We have work to do now in reality.

Yes you are still very busy attempting to convince some gullible audience that your fantasy is reality and vice-versa. I wonder what the size of that audience is by now. The world is not as blindly accepting of dogmas as it used to be, except perhaps in the US.

Stuart

Viewing 20 posts - 181 through 200 (of 900 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account