Bible Trivia

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 561 through 580 (of 630 total)
  • Author
    kejonn
    Participant

Quote (TimothyVI @ July 04 2008,12:22)

Quote (kejonn @ July 03 2008,01:40)
    What is the last commandment?
    [1] Do not covet your neighbor's house
    [2] Do not covet your neighbor's wife or his male servant or his female servant or his ox or his donkey or anything that belongs to your neighbor
    [3] You shall not boil a young goat in its mother's milk
    [4] none of the above

Hi stu,

It depends. If you are referring to the 10 commandments that everyone thinks about when talking about God’s commandments it is;

Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's wife. So number 2 could be correct.

However if you are referring to the other 603 commandments that He supposedly gave to Moses, then the last one was;

Not to retain a captive woman for servitude after having sexual relations with her Deut. 21:14

So number 4 would be correct.

Tim

I should have been more specific! I meant the Ten Commandments, so your answer of [2] is incorrect. It is actually [3] You shall not boil a young goat in its mother's milk.

Exo 34:26 The best of the firstfruits of your ground you shall bring to the house of the LORD your God. You shall not boil a young goat in its mother's milk.”
    Exo 34:27 And the LORD said to Moses, “Write these words, for in accordance with these words I have made a covenant with you and with Israel.”
    Exo 34:28 So he was there with the LORD forty days and forty nights. He neither ate bread nor drank water. And he wrote on the tablets the words of the covenant, the Ten Commandments.

kejonn
    Participant

What is the largest group ever killed by Yahweh for simply looking in the ark of the covenant?
    [1] 10
    [2] 50,070
    [3] 1
    [4] None of the above.

1, I think.

kejonn
    Participant

Quote (Theologian-and-Apologist @ July 13 2008,16:48)
    1, I think.

Nope.

Do you not understand how it would kill them to look at the covenant? Tis' was a very important thing, respected at all costs.

charity
    Participant

Quote (Theologian-and-Apologist @ July 14 2008,13:35)
    Do you not understand how it would kill them to look at the covenant? Tis' was a very important thing, respected at all costs.

lets have a quick lookey then!

Gen 3:3 But of the fruit of the tree which [is] in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die.

SO what did jesus not touch that made him perfect, that he didn't need personal salvaton? and didn't die? ( eaten lie)

Now then the salvaton is needed and the message after eating for the resty of us is, you ate! and perhaps lets just lie to oursleves like the serpent that our flesh won't die?
    Gen 3:4 And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:

this is cruel  AND WITHOUT MERCY RIGHT FROM THE BEGINNING?

Stu
    Participant

Quote (kejonn @ July 14 2008,02:36)
    What is the largest group ever killed by Yahweh for simply looking in the ark of the covenant?
    [1] 10
    [2] 50,070
    [3] 1
    [4] None of the above.

I guessed [2] then cheated by looking it up.
    Do I get half-points?

Stuart

charity
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ July 14 2008,20:44)

[1] 10
    [2] 50,070
    [3] 1
    [4] None of the above.

Do I get half-points?

Stuart

hey you  :laugh:  you don't even believe in god..to have a choice over how many were kiled by somthing that dosnt exsit??? hehe…luv u stuart

charity

kejonn
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ July 14 2008,03:44)

[1] 10
    [2] 50,070
    [3] 1
    [4] None of the above.

Do I get half-points?

Stuart

See, an atheist guessing knows the true nature of Yahweh. Sure, take whatever points you like :).

1Sa 6:19 He struck down some of the men of Beth-shemesh because they had looked into the ark of the LORD. He struck down of all the people, 50,070 men, and the people mourned because the LORD had struck the people with a great slaughter.

Stu
    Participant

How many antichrists are there?

[1] Just one, John Hagee
    [2] 144,000
    [3] About 4,000,000,000
    [4] dogs, sorcerers, whoremongers, murderers, idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie (about 800,000,000 in total)

Stuart

TimothyVI
    Participant

Well darn it.
    I was just counting them and you asked that question and made me lose count.

one, two, three, four, five…………………….

Tim

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (kejonn @ July 14 2008,23:44)

Quote (Stu @ July 14 2008,03:44)

[1] 10
    [2] 50,070
    [3] 1
    [4] None of the above.

Do I get half-points?

Stuart

See, an atheist guessing knows the true nature of Yahweh. Sure, take whatever points you like :).

1Sa 6:19  He struck down some of the men of Beth-shemesh because they had looked into the ark of the LORD. He struck down of all the people, 50,070 men, and the people mourned because the LORD had struck the people with a great slaughter.

So basically your beef is not with God, it's with the people who wrote the bible and made up all this stuff?

OK. But what if they didn't make it all up? What if God really is sort-of human-like and has killed, gets angry, jealous and all the humanistic characteristics that are attributed to him? What if he hates homo's and will send someone to a burning hell for adultery? What if…… If in the end this is all true of God, do you want nothing to do with this God? Or would you rather go back and try to learn to live with and understand this God?

Remember we are the creation, he is the Creator (even as you understand creation). Do we really get to say how and what are Creator is like?

As kids, do we get to choose our parents? Some of us have had gloriously gifted childhoods while other's of us have been neglected and abused. When we are old enough we can disown our parents, but they have still given us life. The old saying is true, “You can run but you cannot hide.” And a favorite of mine, “It is – what it is.”

The reason I bring this up is because I understand that you are not happy with the Yahweh God and his story, so you are searching for another story that you do like that explains God. You will find one you like – there are scads out there for the picking. But in the end, won't you have just created your own version of a God that you like and is acceptable to you? What kind of God is that? And does he have any power? And can you trust HIM? And is he anymore true and real than Yahweh? How will you know?

The questions continue from here and never stop.

Love,
    Mandy

Not3in1
    Participant

Sorry, I know it's Trivia Time here….um……

What are we not supposed to lean on?

A.) a burning bush
    B.) a fattened calf
    C.) our own understanding
    D.) a staff

Not3in1
    Participant

I moved my post to Kejonn to a more appropriate thread – LOSING FAITH.

Kevin, if you want to respond to me please do it THERE.

Thanks so much,
    Mandy

charity
    Participant

yes t8, the readers over the last year have increased, I remember when I first arrived here, the days were slow, but with faith we all came. and by faith we leave
    Many thanks to this forum, I hope it is blessed!
    And I hope the users will be blessed, for there is nothing without them.
    And i hope and pray with my thoughts, towards Mandy, that she is well, and the things that surround her life, are appearing not so bad, with each day.

What if? and why did Jesus not just come out and appear to the whole earth, that all would know he had risen from the dead, and whole game of picking to believe would be more than a handed down beef, and sure..

(A) yes he will come, this generation will not pass away, wrote the covincers? what part of pass away do the serposed eternal not understand?

(B) Staged his rising, because they wanted to come rich selling off his fame? yes he is coming and you gues will see him…so many generatons all pass away while they wait on that hand writers faith!

© Whoever says anything against Jesus, is forgiven( they have lied so much, we have to become their Jesus enemies)

(D) You Tell Me!

And there is no system among the lies for the blessed and free

kejonn
    Participant

Opps, missed it, added response here.

chipwhite
    Participant

our own understanding in all our ways acknowledge him and he will make straight our paths. I even think in the niv ha ha.

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ July 16 2008,08:24)
    Sorry, I know it's Trivia Time here….um……

What are we not supposed to lean on?

A.)  a burning bush
    B.)  a fattened calf
    C.)  our own understanding
    D.)  a staff

C.), But…

Ecc 11:9
    Walk in the ways of thine heart, and in the sight of thine eyes.

Num 15:39
    Seek not after your own heart and your own eyes.

So take your pick really.

Stuart :)

Stu
    Participant

[1] Just one, John Hagee
    [2] 144,000
    [3] About 4,000,000,000
    [4] dogs, sorcerers, whoremongers, murderers, idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie (about 800,000,000 in total)

Do animal sacrifices take away sins?

[1] Yes
    [2] No
    [3] All of the above

Stuart

TimothyVI
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ July 17 2008,12:25)

[1] Just one, John Hagee
    [2] 144,000
    [3] About 4,000,000,000

Do animal sacrifices take away sins?

[1] Yes
    [2] No
    [3] All of the above

Stuart

In both cases number three is the correct answer.

In question number one, the entire population of the world that are not Christians are in effect antichrists.

Tim

Viewing 20 posts - 561 through 580 (of 630 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account