Bible time

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    trettep
    Participant

I wanted to start this thread to talk about Bible time and dates and definitions found to understand the timeline that God is doing things including our need to adhere to festivals and appointed times.

I should put some background of some things that I know already from the Book of Enoch and the canonized Bible such as the KJV:

The Calendar appears to start in the spring and at a point when day reaches 10 hours of light.

According to the calendar that I read about a day only has 18 hours but each hour is 80 minutes long.

I want to know now more about how those hours are referred to. For example given that there is 18 hours – I never have found a reference in the KJV for example of any hour over 12. I have read about the sixth hour, ninth hour, twelth hour, etc.

I am not sure if they only reference the hour based on the part of the day vs night or some other method. Anyone have any ideas. I'm sure I will find the information eventually, so consider this the next start to determine this.

Paul

Cubes
    Participant

I have no idea. But something tells me that some of the answers may be found in Genesis during the creation week. Also the institution of passover in the OT established some dates and times which might be helpful.

trettep
    Participant

I'm getting much closer to nailing down Enoch's calendar. When I do I will try to put up a link to explain it a bit and release an excel spreadsheet that I have been working on. Maybe later I will develop a full blown set of webpages to explain it. I got another section that I hope to cover on the next Sabbath. I made a mistake in an earlier post I made about easter and deleted it in order to not cause a stumbling block. The mistake was that I read the word thirtieth as thirteenth. That was a big problem. I must have read over that part so many times and never caught it.

Some brief details are this:

The Sacred Calendar would begin in the spring. The solar year has 364 days in it and the lunar year has 354 days in it. There are 4 intercalary days so that 364-354-4= overplus of solar days (sun). The day is actually 18 parts or sacred calendar hours comprised of about 80 minutes each when compared to our current clock. Here now is something I think is very important to understanding some timelines. Since the day is 18 parts there is never more than 12 hours in the light of a day. So when you hear references in the Bible it appears that they talk in reference to the portion of the day – for example 3rd hour of the night or 3rd hour of the day. Sometimes they might just put at the nineth hour for example (happens often). So its important to track timelines by festivals and sabbaths, new moons, etc..

Paul

malcolm ferris
    Participant

Here's a wild idea – do what you like with it.

What if the cosmos (world system) pre-flood was not as it is now, what if some cataclysmic event caused the earth to tilt off it's axis and begin to wobble slightly. What if before this happened there was never any rain or seasons as we know them today, but instead the earth travelled in a perfect circle about the sun and in this fashion a year was exacty 12 months of 30 days (360 days).
    Even more wild…
    What if a future cataclysmic event knocks the earth back into shape again, restoring this ideal system back to the way it originally was in order to fulfill the interrupted 7th day of creation in the Millennial reign to come.

Yeah I know – that's a lot of what ifs….
    :D

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Malcolm,
    I do not know how we can see the sky roll up like a scroll or stars fall downwards, as described in scripture, without a polar shift.[See Is 24 and compare Rev6]

malcolm ferris
    Participant

Hi Nick

Hmmm interesting, one thing is sure it is not going to be the same old earth as we are currently on, lack of sin for one thing will surely revolutionize all life that dwells upon it.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Malcolm,
    I think the restoration of the old burnt out, scarred and battered earth will take the best part of the 1000yr reign.

Jesus rules from Jerusalem and demands obesience and obedience from all the human race and unless they obey they get no rain.

Step by step and stage by stage he will, with our help, restore complete order to the earth.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    God's ways are not our ways.
    Especially when it comes to TIME.

Because God knows the future it is sometimes spoken of as if it has already happened.

The anointed ones are sometimes spoken of as the anointing would be.

John is Elijah if you have spiritual ears

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    One day is as 1000 years to our God.
    As with all the spiritual words given God deliberately puts in traps for the unwary who still seize only the obvious meanings.

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 18 2014,10:27)
    Hi,
    One day is as 1000 years to our God.
    As with all the spiritual words given God deliberately puts in traps for the unwary who still seize only the obvious meanings.

Nick.

One day is not a thousand years to God.
    But *AS*(long time period) a thousand years.

wakeup.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WU,
    Adam died the day he ate from the tree, just before 1000 years was up.

The rest day in heb 4 is the seventh day, the seven thousandth year since creation.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account