Being Set Up by KJ

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 81 through 85 (of 85 total)
  • Author
    KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (princess @ Aug. 06 2011,09:15)

Quote (Kangaroo Jack @ Aug. 06 2011,04:59)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Aug. 05 2011,15:51)
    Not at all, Princess.

I've explained how I personally feel in my last post to you.  And I think t8 explained things perfectly in his post.  Both genders were equally redeemed through Jesus, and both genders are equally acceptable for an eternal life in heaven or on the new earth.

peace,
    mike

Princess,

Mike left out that both genders have equal roles. This infers that Christ has an equal role with God for Christ's submission to God was the model for the wife's submission to her husband. If Christ is still subordinate to God, then the wife is still subordinate to her husband.

It was under Moses that both Christ was subordinate to God and the wife was subordinate to the husband. However, Moses has passed away.

But you can't expect a novice like Sonnyboll to grasp this.

KJ

KJ,

Good analogy there KJ. To compare men and woman to god and jesus, in the ways of submission.

It was PAUL'S comparison!

“The head of the wife is the man as the head of Christ is God” (1 Corinthians 11).

So if the wife's submission has passed away, then Christ's submission has passed away. You can't pick and choose which stays and which goes. It ALL stays or it ALL goes.

Give the white cane to Paul.

KJ

princess
    Participant

Quote (Kangaroo Jack @ Aug. 06 2011,10:00)

Not at all, Princess.

I've explained how I personally feel in my last post to you.  And I think t8 explained things perfectly in his post.  Both genders were equally redeemed through Jesus, and both genders are equally acceptable for an eternal life in heaven or on the new earth.

peace,
    mike

Princess,

Mike left out that both genders have equal roles. This infers that Christ has an equal role with God for Christ's submission to God was the model for the wife's submission to her husband. If Christ is still subordinate to God, then the wife is still subordinate to her husband.

It was under Moses that both Christ was subordinate to God and the wife was subordinate to the husband. However, Moses has passed away.

KJ

KJ,

Good analogy there KJ. To compare men and woman to god and jesus, in the ways of submission.

“The head of the wife is the man as the head of Christ is God” (1 Corinthians 11).

So if the wife's submission has passed away, then Christ's submission has passed away. You can't pick and choose which stays and which goes. It ALL stays or it ALL goes.

KJ

KJ

Are you comparing physical with spiritual?

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Kangaroo Jack @ Aug. 06 2011,17:00)

Not at all, Princess.

peace,
    mike

Princess,

KJ

KJ,

KJ

KJ

tell me under the Law was men obligated to abuse his wive or other women or virgins ?

NO,NO it is men that just as today have filthy minds ,laws are made for wicket people not for righteous men ,

they live without self control and do all sorts of abuses ,

but this should never be in a God fearing men or women,

they have love and trust for each other ,

Pierre

princess
    Participant

Rom 7:3  so, then, the husband being alive, an adulteress she shall be called if she may become another man's; and if the husband may die, she is free from the law, so as not to be an adulteress, having become another man's.

So, what you are telling me that the god of gods is dead, and the lord of lords lives, so you are free to serve him, without being called an adulteress.

tis pauls own words, all or nothing KJ, eh?

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Aug. 04 2011,09:07)

Quote (kerwin @ Aug. 03 2011,00:08)
    The man could also be forced to mary the woman if the father decided to.

Kerwin,

That was the whole point.  A man could rape a woman against her will, and the BEST she could hope for was that he married her.

2 Samuel 13
    14 But he refused to listen to her, and since he was stronger than she, he raped her.

15 Then Amnon hated her with intense hatred. In fact, he hated her more than he had loved her. Amnon said to her, “Get up and get out!”

16 “No!” she said to him. “Sending me away would be a greater wrong than what you have already done to me.”

This is what I was saying, Kerwin.  Tamar could not go to the police.  Amnon was in no trouble.  There was no punishment required by the law for raping Tamar.  No jail time.  Nothing.  Tamar could HOPE that he kept her as his wife after raping her, but that's the BEST she could hope for.

Women were possessions, Kerwin.  They were bought and sold and given by men to other men.  They personally had no say in these matters.

Do you NOW understand my point?

mike

Mike,

If the father choose to show mercy to the man he can either a) fine him the bride price or b) force the man to mary her.

He can also have the man put to death as the Law allows for that as well.

Deuteronomy 22

King James Version (KJV)

25But if a man find a betrothed damsel in the field, and the man force her, and lie with her: then the man only that lay with her shall die.

26But unto the damsel thou shalt do nothing; there is in the damsel no sin worthy of death: for as when a man riseth against his neighbour, and slayeth him, even so is this matter:

27For he found her in the field, and the betrothed damsel cried, and there was none to save her.

The job of the father is to love his daughter and thus champion her because all the law is based on the command love.

Viewing 5 posts - 81 through 85 (of 85 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account