Attn anti-trinitarians: another us verse

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 601 through 620 (of 685 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TC,
    Hades could not hold the Son of God and neither will those gates hold those in him.[mt16]

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 23 2009,13:23)
    Hi TC,
    So he did die as men do and his spirit was given up.
    Make your mind up.

He is yet alive as is Abraham by the abiding Spirit of the LIVING GOD

Nick,

I never said he didn't die as men do. I said that he was immortal and therefore, could not actually die in spirit. You are messing with everything I say. I am immortal in the sense that my spirit will go on living after I die, but that does not make my flesh immortal. You fail to see the distinction.

TC27

Quote (bodhitharta @ July 23 2009,13:23)

Quote (TrinitarianCalvinist27 @ July 24 2009,09:15)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 23 2009,13:05)
    Hi WJ,
    Indeed God did appoint a man to be our Lord and Master and to show us the way.
    But your God is a mortal man and our God is immortal.
    Does your god have 3 parts like tt?

Nick,

Our God is not a mortal man. You again change everything we say and twist it. Jesus did not die. His body died. He was crucified, but he did not need the body to survive because he is God. God does not need flesh in order to live. Jesus lived in Hades during the time when his body was in the tomb, and then he reentered the body at the end of the three days. This means that the body was mortal, not that God was mortal.

His body was mortal, not his person.

TC27

So God did not die for you then?

I agree! Each man must die for his own sin.

But then you said that Jesus lived in hades when he was physically dead. So you are saying that Jesus was not spiritually dead, right? So in what way did he take the place of sinners? Afterall there were two sinners being crucified with him so the crucifixion couldn't be taking their place, right?

Bod,

I do not deny the crucfixion. You do. We agree on nothing.

I believe that the crucifixion is the basis for the Bible, so we have nothing in common!

TC27

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (TrinitarianCalvinist27 @ July 24 2009,09:25)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 23 2009,13:23)
    Hi TC,
    So he did die as men do and his spirit was given up.
    Make your mind up.

He is yet alive as is Abraham by the abiding Spirit of the LIVING GOD

Nick,

I never said he didn't die as men do. I said that he was immortal and therefore, could not actually die in spirit. You are messing with everything I say. I am immortal in the sense that my spirit will go on living after I die, but that does not make my flesh immortal. You fail to see the distinction.

TC27

Hi TC,
    Was Jesus not one of us but an immortal superman?
    Can you follow him?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TC,
    So scripture is wrong when it says Jesus was like us in all ways but sin?
    Death was entirely different for him and we have no hope of following him?

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 23 2009,13:30)
    Hi TC,

Nick,

I never said death was different for him. I was clarifying the immortality of his spirit. Humans have a soul that lives on after death also. Therefore his death is the same as a human death.

Do you believe you are going to heaven after you die? If so, then you are not actually dying, you are merely leaving the flesh.

TC27

Quote (TrinitarianCalvinist27 @ July 24 2009,09:38)

Hi TC,

Nick,

I never said death was different for him. I was clarifying the immortality of his spirit. Humans have a soul that lives on after death also. Therefore his death is the same as a human death.

Do you believe you are going to heaven after you die? If so, then you are not actually dying, you are merely leaving the flesh.

TC27

amen tc27

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TC,
    Are you speaking of the Holy Spirit God filled him with?[acts 10]
    We are to follow that path.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (TrinitarianCalvinist27 @ July 24 2009,09:27)

Quote (bodhitharta @ July 23 2009,13:23)

Quote (TrinitarianCalvinist27 @ July 24 2009,09:15)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 23 2009,13:05)
    Hi WJ,
    Indeed God did appoint a man to be our Lord and Master and to show us the way.
    But your God is a mortal man and our God is immortal.
    Does your god have 3 parts like tt?

Nick,

Our God is not a mortal man. You again change everything we say and twist it. Jesus did not die. His body died. He was crucified, but he did not need the body to survive because he is God. God does not need flesh in order to live. Jesus lived in Hades during the time when his body was in the tomb, and then he reentered the body at the end of the three days. This means that the body was mortal, not that God was mortal.

His body was mortal, not his person.

TC27

So God did not die for you then?

I agree! Each man must die for his own sin.

But then you said that Jesus lived in hades when he was physically dead. So you are saying that Jesus was not spiritually dead, right? So in what way did he take the place of sinners? Afterall there were two sinners being crucified with him so the crucifixion couldn't be taking their place, right?

Bod,

I do not deny the crucfixion. You do. We agree on nothing.

I believe that the crucifixion is the basis for the Bible, so we have nothing in common!

TC27

There were two sinners crucified with him, how did he take their place?

one went to paradice and one did not it was there choice to accept or not to accept Jesus

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Jesus name follower of Christ @ July 24 2009,09:44)
    one went to paradice and one did not it was there choice to accept or not to accept Jesus

Okay, So how did Jesus take the place of the sinner?

Christian Biker
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 24 2009,09:39)
    Hi TC,
    Are you speaking of the Holy Spirit God filled him with?[acts 10]
    We are to follow that path.

Hi Nick
    Try this path on for size.

Mat 4:19 And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.
    Mat 8:22 But Jesus said unto him, Follow me; and let the dead bury their dead.
    Mat 9:9 And as Jesus passed forth from thence, he saw a man, named Matthew, sitting at the receipt of custom: and he saith unto him, Follow me. And he arose, and followed him.

Mat 16:24 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

Mat 19:21 Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.

Mar 2:14 And as he passed by, he saw Levi the son of Alphaeus sitting at the receipt of custom, and said unto him, Follow me. And he arose and followed him.

Mar 8:34 And when he had called the people unto him with his disciples also, he said unto them, Whosoever will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

Mar 10:21 Then Jesus beholding him loved him, and said unto him, One thing thou lackest: go thy way, sell whatsoever thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, take up the cross, and follow me.

Luk 5:27 And after these things he went forth, and saw a publican, named Levi, sitting at the receipt of custom: and he said unto him, Follow me.

Luk 9:23 And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me.

Luk 9:59 And he said unto another, Follow me. But he said, Lord, suffer me first to go and bury my father.
    Luk 9:61 And another also said, Lord, I will follow thee; but let me first go bid them farewell, which are at home at my house.

Luk 18:22 Now when Jesus heard these things, he said unto him, Yet lackest thou one thing: sell all that thou hast, and distribute unto the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me.

Joh 1:43 The day following Jesus would go forth into Galilee, and findeth Philip, and saith unto him, Follow me.
    Joh 10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

Joh 12:26 If any man serve me, let him follow me; and where I am, there shall also my servant be: if any man serve me, him will my Father honour.

Joh 13:36 Simon Peter said unto him, Lord, whither goest thou? Jesus answered him, Whither I go, thou canst not follow me now; but thou shalt follow me afterwards.
    Joh 21:19 This spake he, signifying by what death he should glorify God. And when he had spoken this, he saith unto him, Follow me.
    Joh 21:22 Jesus saith unto him, If I will that he tarry till I come, what is that to thee? follow thou me.

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (TrinitarianCalvinist27 @ July 24 2009,09:38)

Hi TC,

Nick,

TC27

Nick,
    Stephen asked Jesus to receive his spirit.

thinker

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TT,
    Indeed one with Jesus and now together.

the sinner had no hope till Jesus came along and one on the cross rejected Him

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 24 2009,13:22)
    Hi TT,

Stephen did not ask the Father to receive His spirit. He did not ask the Father to forgive his killers. Why?

thinker

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (thethinker @ July 26 2009,03:26)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 24 2009,13:22)
    Hi TT,

Stephen did not ask the Father to receive His spirit. He did not ask the Father to forgive his killers. Why?

thinker

Because Jesus was his leader not his God. When did stephen call Jesus “God”?

Acts 7
    55 and being full of the Holy Spirit, having looked stedfastly to the heaven, he saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing on the right hand of God,

Why doesn't it say he saw the glory of the God Jesus? According to this verse it says that there is the Glory of this being called God and Jesus is standing next to the One called God, but you keep saying Jesus is God why isn't he acknowledge as such here in this scripture?

KangarooJack
    Participant

thinker said to Nick:Stephen did not ask the Father to receive His spirit. He did not ask the Father to forgive his killers. Why?[/quote]

bodhitharta contradicts himself saying:

Jesus was his leader but not his God? ??? Stehen acknowledged Jesus as His God by asking Him to receive his spirit and to forgive his killers. Only God can forgive sins (Luke 5:21).

bodhitharta is down for the full count!

thinker

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (thethinker @ July 26 2009,03:56)
    thinker said to Nick:Stephen did not ask the Father to receive His spirit. He did not ask the Father to forgive his killers. Why?[/quote]

bodhitharta contradicts himself saying:

Jesus was his leader but not his God? ??? Stehen acknowledged Jesus as His God by asking Him to receive his spirit and to forgive his killers. Only God can forgive sins (Luke 5:21).

bodhitharta is down for the full count!

thinker

Why do you not understand that Jesus says that not everyone who says “Lord, lord” will enter the kingdom of heaven?

Obviously if Jesus has followers they are looking to him because Jesus said that he would go prepare a place for them. Remember Jesus said “In my Father's HOUSE there are many mansions” He said “I go to prepare a place for you”

God tells us all to forgive sins and we are not God, are we? so you are wrong again.

KangarooJack
    Participant

bodhitharta said;

God tells us all to forgive sins and we are not God, are we? so you are wrong again.

Where does God tell us to forgive sins? I am told to forgive those who sin against me. But to forgive sins like Stephen asked Jesus to do is not in our power (Luke 5:21). You do not have an ounce of truth in your veins!

thinker

Viewing 20 posts - 601 through 620 (of 685 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account